Other Mascaras:

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Covergirl Exact Eyelights brings out the best in your eyes!

My eyes are hazel, and in my opinion, hazel is the most diverse eye color. But with Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara, one can pick out the ice blues from the sky...Read complete review

My eyes are hazel, and in my opinion, hazel is the most diverse eye color. But with Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara, one can pick out the ice blues from the sky blues.

Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara brings out the best colors in your eyes. With their patented brush, you can apply a special mascara solution made just for your eye color. Each one has different specks of glitter to reflect all the different tones you have. Hazels, for example, have little flecks of gold.

And guess what: no clumps!

So, whether you're going out for an evening of fun on the town, or just hitting the mall with some friends, Covergirl Exact Eyelights makes you look your best. You can't go wrong with this line of products.

Not bad, but not at all what I thought it would be like!

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Mascara looked very interesting, so I decided to give it a shot.  The color recommended for blue eyes is*, Black Sapphire*, so that's the...Read complete review

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Mascara looked very interesting, so I decided to give it a shot.  The color recommended for blue eyes is*, Black Sapphire*, so that's the color I got.

CoverGirl claims that **CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Mascara** will bring out the color of your eyes with their unique eye brightening formula.  They also say that this mascara has a patented No Clump brush that will give you clump-free lashes.

As I pulled the brush out of the tube, I really liked the way the wand felt in my hand.  I know it sounds weird, but it wasn't too heavy or too light, and the wand was nice and long, which made the application easy.

I was a little disappointed in the color *Black Sapphire*.  It wasn't black at all, it is a metallic, dark gray - but it does not leave your lashes looking metallic.  I like my mascara to be dark black, so the color didn't quite do it for me.

As for the actual mascara, I am impressed.  The brush is made out of the new plastic bristles and they taper in size.  I really like the way the brush feels as you apply it.  It is fantastic for grabbing all of your lashes and separating them, but it doesn't hold very much mascara, so you have to apply several coats.  Since there isn't very much mascara on the brush, you don't get clumps - or very much volume.  It did make my lashes longer and a little darker, but not quite the amount of volume I want.  As for the "eye brightening", I didn't notice anything at all.

Overall, this mascara isn't bad, but it's not really what I want in a mascara.  If the color was darker and it provided more volume, it would be excellent, but it's still decent.

The most unique mascara that I've ever used.

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

Most of the mascara I use on a daily basis (or at all) seems to be the exact same and it never differs in my eyes. Until I got to this mascara, I was disheartened because all mascaras were just small variations of the same product. This on the other hand, truly worked for me and brightened my blue eyes up a lot.

Love it!

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

I love this eyeliner, I've been using it for years. I use the one that enhances blue eyes and it really makes my eyes pop and sparkle a brighter blue especially once the sun hits your eyes. I have gotten so many compliments and that is why I have continued to use it. I feel extra confident with this mascara and I recommend it for anyone who wants their eyes to pop and sparkle no matter what eye color they have!

• Ease of Application:

Mascara that's not too heavy, and brightens my eyes

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

I have been using Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Mascara for about two years now. I like it especially as a mascara during the day, when I want my makeup to look light and natural. I have hazel eyes and use the black gold color to help brighten and highlight my eye color. This mascara is not very thick or heavy. I can use just a little to lightly accent my eyelashes, but still feel like my makeup looks natural throughout the day. I have not had any problems with it running or clumping. I do have to lightly reapply it at least once during the day though, to freshen it up. I don't feel like it's a long wearing mascara. It separates my lashes well, to make them look fuller. The applicator brush is just a simple straight brush, which I prefer for my daytime makeup because it simply separates my lashes without making them look too dramatic. I would recommend this mascara to anyone who likes a light mascara that would highlight and brighten their eye color.

• Ease of Application:

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights mascara makes my blue eyes shine!

from Canton, OH

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

I was recently browsing the cosmetics aisle at my local department store & I came across **CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara - Black Sapphire #730** I was looking for something new for spring and after reading about this mascara I thought this was what I was looking for. I bought this shade since it's for blue eyes and I was on my way. When I got home I wanted to give it a try. I like the color. It isn't as harsh and has a fresher look than black mascara. I definitely brightens my eyes so I love that about it. But the one thing that I don't like about it is that it seems that I can't get enough mascara on the brush. Even if I apply another coat it still doesn't lengthen or add volume to my lashes. But for a more natural look it's great.

Brings out the color

from Corvallis, OR

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

Pretty good for a drugstore mascara, though I had some clumping issues (and I like to have a more seperating mascara).  The color however was great and lives up to the promise of bringing out the blue.  I had no problem with smearing, truly is waterproof!

No more dull eyes!!

from Springfield, MA

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

I have had terrible experiences with mascaras.  A friend had given this to me after she decided that she doesn't like mascara and wasn't going to wear it.  I expected nothing more than clumpy mascara and a wand that swas completely messed up but I got the opposite.  When I first opened this i had to admit that I liked the way the wand looked and that it didn't look like there was any clumps on it. I still was a skeptical on the quality of it, though. So I applied it and I was shocked! If someone asked what the color of my eye was I would have to say the most dull boring blue ever but with this it instantly lighted up my eyes and gave them a bit of a sparkle. I absolutely love the color of the mascara too because I am honestly not a big fan of black, I tend to wear more of browns and navy blues so this was perfect! I also am not one for extremely dramatic eyelashes so this was great for that too. I can't find one thing wrong with this and will definitely be buying this again.

CoverGirl Exact EyeLights Surprised Me!

from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

CoverGirl Exact EyeLights for Blue Eyes really surprised me! I wasn't expecting much from this mascara, but have been very impressed! My eyelashes and eyebrowns are blonde, so I do not like for my mascara to be too dark (I normally buy brown), but this product adds a grayish blue tone to the normal black, which makes my eyelashes a very pretty color, in addition to giving an added brightness to my eyes. I have always liked my eye color and normally try to accent it when applying my makeup and this product definitely adds an extra boost to my eyes! I love it the results! In addition to the product giving a brightness to my eyes, it also goes on very easy and does not clump or make me look like I have spider eyes. CoverGirl Exact EyeLights for Blue Eyes is an all around great mascara - great color, no clumps, no mess, lengthens the lashes and easy application! I definitely recommend this product.

CoverGirl Exact EyeLights Eye-Brightening Mascara - Black Ruby

from Castle Rock, CO

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

I can't believe I am writing a somewhat negative review of a CoverGirl product, but this site recommends you be truthful.  I am not at all impressed with this mascara.  It is not dark enough to bring out my light lashes so many coats are needed for the desired look.  Not very economical when you go through a tube extremely quickly.  Ugh!  No thank you in this tough economy.

The brush has too flexible of a head to apply easily and it is too curved to avoid clumping.  It is designed to work with a matching eye liner and shadow that I use with excellent results.  However, the mascara leaves something to be desired.  Very disappointing that I paid for something that is so clearly inferior to other products on the market.   I won't be purchasing this product again and  I hope that CoverGirl will send this line of mascara back to the developers to improve it.  We ladies deserve so much better.

Doesn't apply well.

from Oologah, OK

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

I bought this mascara because I wanted to try it and see if it really brought out the blue in my eyes as it says it will. I honestly didn't notice a difference. It came in both a regular and a waterproof variety, and I purchased the waterproof kind as regular mascara always smears for me. It stayed on very well and didn't smear or smudge one bit. However, application does not go very well at all. I find the brush kind of funky and very poorly designed. (It seems to be made of a plastic or rubber material), and it doesn't go on smoothly at all. It comes out all clumpy and I find it quite difficult to get a smooth, even coat on. I probably would not recommend it, unless you want to use a different brush. I do like the concept of it intensifying your eye color... maybe they will improve the formula and/or brush. If the company were to do that, I would be more than happy to give it another try.

Decent mascara- but brightening mascara? Hmm..

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara:

I bought this mascara about a month and a half ago. I bought it because the brightening affect was appealing to me- my eyes are dark and dull at times. I have been using it and I am not really that impressed. The mascara doesn't clump- so that's good, but it doesn't do any "brightening" for me. I wonder if I just got a bad tube or something because it literally just looks black, even on the wand.

I find that if I wear this all day, by the end of the day, the area underneath my eye is black from the mascara. That is a bit annoying as it is hard to get off if I don't have my makeup remover handy.

It also did nothing to make my lashes appear longer or fuller- just coated them with black paint. I know they don't necessarily claim that it lenghtens or adds volume- but isn't that the point of mascara?

The price was OK and comparable to most mascaras. I think next time I will stick with my regular mascara and not buy this.