Other Facial Moisturizers:

CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Tinted moisturizer isn't just for celebrities anymore

I love reading about what products makeup artists use to make celebrities look so beautiful. For a while, it seemed like every celebrity was wearing tinted moisturizer. I mean, why not? It gives this beautiful, radiant glow that looks like it's coming from deep inside. But for the longest time, I couldn't find an affordable tinted moisturizer that a non-celebrity like me could afford.Finally, CoverGirl answered my call. They now have a line of (affordable) tinted moisturizers called CG smoothers in four different shades. I myself prefer the Light to Medium shade. Unlike self-tanners, even the ones that are supposed to give you a "gradual" tan, this won't make you look orange, or streaky, or that your face is a different color from your neck. It just gives this great subtle radiance that blends well with your skin tone and just makes you look really healthy. Not to mention that it's SPF 15 and just a great moisturizer in itself.

I do not like the tint in this because it looks unnatural.

I made the mistake of purchasing this after a friend recommend it. I thought that a tinted moisturizer might be a good idea because it was like killing two birds with one stone in that I would get a moisturizer that also took the place of my foundation or powder.

Unfortunately, this didn't work out for me. I have very pale skin and usually have to get ivory or porcelain ivory foundation. I used a light variety of this tinted moisturizer and it still made my face look orange. I do not have an orange or even brown/tan complexion. I am extremely pale and cream colored. I thought if I went as light as I could with this then it wouldn't show up so bad and my face would have an even complexion.

While this did give me an even and toned looked, I was not a natural color of tan. I looked orange. I just don't recommend using this unless you plan of putting something over it. I tried to add some foundation over top of it and that seemed to help but the purpose of the tinted moisturizer was to eliminate the need of a foundation or powder.

I'm torn on this because it did smooth and moisturize like it is supposed to but it left my skin with an undesirable color and stain. I know that it is a tinted moisturizer but there was no natural color. I had an orange tone to my skin and I am fairly pale and translucent.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply. All I had to do to apply this product was add a few drops to my fingertips and smooth around my face. This does stain your finger tips though so I made sure to wash my hands quickly.

I'm kind of neutral on the smell. It smells more like a liquid foundation than a moisturizer but it isn't really unpleasant.

Cover Girl CG smoothers

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

I bought this more for the tinting abilities than the SPF or moisturizer but I have come to love both just as much as I love tint in it. I get up and it is a rush to get one kid on the bus and the other to pre-school so I needed something I could put on quickly and look put together. The tint in this moisturizer provides just enough coverage so my skin looks great but does not have that make-up look to it. After having it on for a few hours I realized my skin felt softer and looked better overall. Even after I washed it off my skin remained soft. The SPF is wonderful for park days or just when I'm outside for awhile. I can look good and get the protection I need from the sun.

The added tint adds the right amount of coverage and the moisturizer really softens the skin up. The added SPF is just a nice bonus.

Ease of Application
I put a few dots of this all over my face and then rub it in making sure to go to my throat so that area gets tint too.

• Ease of Application:

I do not like the tint in this because it looks unnatural.

from West Virginia

Keep In Mind it's Not a Foundation

from Virginia

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

I remember when CoverGirl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisture SPF 15 first come out in stores I was one of the first to try it. I thought a tinted moisturizer, how genius is that, it contains sunscreen protection, and has a tint to it. I have tried a variety of shades since my skin complexion is a different shade with each season. Applying this moisturizer is simple it has color so I am able to see where I have applied to my face. It's actually very light on the skin and absorbs well, never leaving my face feeling sticky. It adds a hint of shade, a touch of color, where it blends into your skin tone. I have redness around my nose and cheeks, this product helps to even out my skin tone if I apply more than one coat to my skin. I'm able to wear foundation over this moisturizer so this product can take the place of my usual moisturizer. On really hot days when foundation is not reasonable because of the heat I will apply loose powder over this tinted cream. This really is a good product, it comes in a variety of shades and can replace your regular moisturizer. I think this product does 3 jobs, it protects with SPF, evens out skin tone, and replaces moisturizer. Can't loose with this product.

Just remember it's not a foundation, don't expect to replace your foundation.

• Ease of Application:

I love tinted moisturizers in the summer!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

In the summer time I do not like to wear heavy makeup. CoverGirl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture is a great product. My skin doesn't need a lot of extra moisture in the summer time. If I use the moisturizers I use in the winter my face gets oily and breaks out. I like that this product has SPF in it and it evens out skin tone. Another bonus is that this is budget friendly.

If you are looking for a lot of coverage this product is not for you. Fortunately I don't ever seem to have a big problem with blemishes. However, since my skin is 40 years old I do have a couple sun spots and freckles. If I put this on it provides just the right amount of hydration while evening out my skin. I then put a dab of concealer directly on any sun spots I have and set with powder. It is not greasy or heavy which is perfect for summer. Plus heavier foundations really seems to make my fine lines more noticeable.

Ease of Application
This is very easy to apply. It blends nicely. I use my fingers or a makeup sponge to apply this and blend.

It really doesn't have a scent.

• Ease of Application:

Light coverage, moisturizer, and sunscreen in one step

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

I'm not sure whether to call this product a light foundation or a moisturizer, because it does both very well. It isn't going to cover blemishes, but it does even my skin tone and give me a fresh finished look. It goes on smooth, feels great on my skin, doesn't clog my pores, and doesn't feel caked. For a little more coverage I can add a light layer of powder and it helps to set the tinted moisturizer as well. It doesn't have a shiny artificial look and the tone matches my skin very well. It blends into the jawline fabulously and even works as a primer for eyeshadow. The moisturizing effect is just a bonus. My skin can get pretty dry in the winter and some foundations will look flaky, this one doesn't and it helps combat the dryness as well as protect my skin from the wind. In the summer I get the added benefit of the SPF 15 and when it starts to 'melt' off with the rest of my make up I don't have to worry about it looking streaky or splotchy like other foundations do. I don't think I'll be going back to traditional foundations after finding this product.

Great for light coverage and evening out my redness across my cheeks. Gives me a finished look without looking fake.

Ease of Application
A little goes a long way. I just use my fingers to massage it across my face. Can be put on a little thicker in trouble areas if need be without looking splotchy.

It does not put off any scent that I can tell.

• Ease of Application:

Decent moisturizer but not much coverage

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

I've used Cover Girl tinted moisturizer since I was in high school, but I find it's just not the right product for me anymore. I used to have great skin and when I was going to the beach or in a hurry, quickly apply tinted moisturizer to my skin would give it a dewy, healthy look. I did not use it everyday because I had oily skin and it was just too much. It did an excellent job of moisturizing my skin in the winter, or after exfoliating, and I like that it has an SPF to give me a bit of protection from UV rays. It's always been very reasonably priced and is sold at drug stores and mass merchants, so I continued to buy this Cover Girl tinted moisturizer over the years. My skin now is less oily, so I appreciate the moisturizing aspect, but the tint does little to blur my skin's imperfections. I instead use a different brand's BB cream because I need more coverage on dark spots. I still toss my tube of Cover Girl tinted moisturizer in my beach bag because it looks better on my face than plain old white sunscreen, but other than that I don't really use it anymore. Decent product if you have good skin already, but if you need more coverage you'll want to try something else.

Minimal coverage

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

This tinted moisturizer does exactly what the name represents. It is like a little colored lotion that you put on your skin to create a SLIGHT even tone to your skin. It is not supposed to clog pores and is actually promised to be beneficial. I think it's a magnificent idea. Lucky for me, the shades are suitable to my skin. However it does blend out to be very sheer so your skin color could be a bit off and it'll be fine.

So how strong is this coverage? Well, not so much. The tinted moisturizer is very liquid-like as opposed to thick. In a way, it resembles foundation; it can be applied by fingers or with a brush. However when you put this on, it feels like NOTHING is on you. It feels like you put on lotion and that is all; yet if you focus really hard, you can see that it gives a bit of an even tone.

If you have crazy blemishes, just use a concealer before using this product because it would not cover up any redness at all. It does not leave your face feeling cakey, BUT the reason I cannot give it a full score is because it does rub off easy! It will smudge like foundation and eventually, you're not sure how much of it is left on your face. There is no harmful effects to this product, however, so if you have a pretty clear skin but have uneven tone, try this product instead of heavy foundation!

Good tinted moisturizer.

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

Cover girl smoothers tinted moisturizer is great for all skin types. I like that there is sun protection it. This tinted moisturizer provides light coverage. It goes on really smooth and it does not make skin feel oily or greasy. I would recommend this product.

A Light Coverage Tinted Moisturizer

from Newcastle, WA

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

The CoverGirl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer (now sold as BB Cream) is a good product. I tried samples of and bought a few other BB creams, but many of those did not work well for various reasons. These other products left my skin looking oily, made me break out, or simply left my skin looking worse than what I was trying to cover up. I have always found the CoverGirl reliable when it comes to make up, and their tinted moisturizer / BB cream is no exception. I did not expect this moisturizer to cover as well as a foundation, but it does work well to cover some acne scars well enough on days I want to avoid heavy make-up. It moisturizes pretty well, and it is nice that it also offers some SPF protection. My skin ends up getting just as oily as it normally does later in the day, but the CG Smoothers BB Cream definitely did not make me break out like other tinted moisturizers have. While this is no miracle product for me, it works pretty well.

Skin looks the same

from Poulsbo, WA

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture:

Other than serving as a moisturizer and sunscreen, I ask, "What is the point of Covergirl's Smoothers product?" This "tinted" moisturizer must be extremely sheer because I cannot notice any different in my face from before to after applying the product. Yes, it is obviously tinted when I squeeze it onto my fingers. And yes, it does provide moisture. However, if it is not going to cover or blend any imperfections on my face, then why pay the extra money for this versus a decent moisturizer with sunscreen?

If you want a sheer but real coverage, I recommend you try another tined moisturizer. Try it out in the store and see if it covers to your desire. Another option would be to mix liquid foundation and moisturizer yourself. Then you can customize the level of coverage each time, while also not having to buy another product. AND your color and moisturizer can be your custom choices, a perfect match for your skin.