4.1
Cosmopolitan Magazine

Cosmopolitan Magazine

4.1

Sexy Advice

I love to read magazines whenever I have some spare time, and Cosmo is unique because it offers great advice in the women's world, but in a very sexy way.  This magazine features self help guides in the workplace and the bedroom and is great for women.  I love the special advice questions because so often times they feature advice on topics you have always wondered about, but never asked.  They also feature great fashion trends and style advice.  This is a great women's magazine, that offers not only great advice on the living and career world, but focuses on love and romance too and how to spice up your love life.  This magazine is a great confidence booster and can help any woman feel sexy in their own skin.

Cosmo: Where are all the women who read this mag?

I mean really.  Inquiring minds want to know.  Just where are all the women who read this magazine?  Go ahead, raise your hands.  And, are you buying...Read complete review

I mean really.  Inquiring minds want to know.  Just where are all the women who read this magazine?  Go ahead, raise your hands.  And, are you buying into this?

Okay, just a few things off the top of my head.

**Cosmo** had an average paid readership of almost 3,000,000 during 2005.  That's an awful lot of readers, wouldn't you say?  Where are they?  Goodness, that's 3/4s the readership of Time and about the same as Newsweek.  Where are these women?

**Background**

About four months ago we suddenly started to receive several magazines without having ever ordered them.  Time, Allure, Entertainment Weekly, Maxim and of course, **Cosmopolitan**.  Just like that they started showing up.

Now actually, I've seen Cosmo for about the last 30 or so years, but I never really read it.  Sure, I might have seen a somewhat racy tag-line on the cover but I never really looked into it.

In fact, until just a few days ago I had never really given it more than a quick scan.  But then it happened.  Cosmopolitan helped me discover something new.  I love discovering new things, don't you?  I discovered a new color!  Okay, overstated.  I discovered a new shade of a color.  I call it Cosmo Red.

Standing in line at check-out at the local Publix, I was behind a young woman who had a full cart of groceries and had her 6 or 7 year-old daughter in the cart as well.  Without warning, from the cart in that shrill style of a 6 or 7 yr-old emanated **"Mommy, what's a blended O-R-G-A-S-M?**

It took a few seconds for everyone around to decipher and then, discovery time!  At first, I could only see her neck and ears but they started going a shade of red I have never seen before as her hands clenched the handles of the cart.  Almost by reflex she spun around as if to see who was behind her.  Of course I was, and unfortunately I was grinning (I have daughters too).  That color had spread over her entire face.

I don't think any permanent damage was done though.  In a few more seconds everyone (including this red faced mommy) was convulsing in laughter.  Her daughter on the other hand might have something to discuss with her therapist years from now.

So, when I got home I picked up a couple of copies that were on top of a stack of magazines.  I started going through them.

**Ladies!  I mean really!**

Is this really what occupies your mind?  No, of course I don't mean all of you.  Just 3 million of you.  Wait, with a pass along factor of 3, lets make that 9 million.  Hmmm, there are probably a lot of octogenarians we can probably cull from the potential readership.  And we can probably count out the really young kiddie audience.  Most guys aren't buying it.  Hmmm, know what?  An awful lot of you must be reading this magazine!

**Okay**

Don't worry, I'm not going to read aloud any more article titles.  I've included photos of three magazine covers.  You can read them for yourselves.

**A few more things off the top of my head**

- By the time your daughter is 9 or 10 she can read really well
- By 6 or 7 your kid shouldn't be in your grocery cart
- Don't leave this laying around
- Your husband/significant other doesn't have mags like this
- Oh no he doesn't!
- A thousand words often beats the crap out of a picture
- Where were you all when I was between marriages?

**My Viewpoint**

What you read is none of my business.  But please, stop giving your guy crap about his copy of Maxim.  Next to Cosmo it's virtually The Reader's Digest!  Enjoy!

Regards,

Rudi

So entertaining

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

I love having my subscription to Cosmopolitan Magazine. I love the layout and design of Cosmopolitan magazine. I love that this magazine almost always has a popular, strong and inspiring female celebrity on the front cover each month. I also love that the front cover always has an attention grabbing cover including the celebrity, the bright fun colors, and little attention grabbing sentences from articles inside the magazine. I love that there are a variety of article topics inside the magazine ranging from human interest pieces to fashion to celebrity gossip to sexual advice, tips and safety information. There are other fun articles in Cosmopolitan magazine as well, like horoscopes and self - quizzes. I always enjoy the interview with the celebrity on the front cover of the magazine too because i feel like you are not reading the same information about that celebrity as you usually do in other magazines. Overall I would definitely recommend Cosmopolitan magazine to anyone.

Cosmopolitan: Too Adult For Me

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

Cosmopolitan used to be my favorite magazine. However, over the years it has gone from fashion news and reviews to something I hardly recognize. The topics more than not are all sexually based. I have a 15 year old daughter who loves to read and I don't let her read Cosmopolitan anymore since I saw her taking a quick 'love' test in an article. It asked explicit questions about one's sex life. I have also seen dozens of articles on how to please a man sexually and how to have multiple orgasms. It's just way too adult for me now. Needless to say, I don't subscribe anymore. I have lost respect for the whole company.

Less interesting than it looks.

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

I have found Cosmopolitan Magazine to be a lot less interesting than it looks. On the outside it looks like you're going to get a woman only, sexy, steamy magazine that'll answer your every sex, relationship, and fashion question. However, on the inside there's only poorly written articles that appeal to a very small audience. I have also found some of the writers to be very offensive! Also, this magazine is not appropriate for anyone under 15 or 16.

Keeps me busy for days

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

I have been reading cosmopolitan since I was a teen. At one time, I collected them and I had every single issue for years. I hated throwing them away because sometimes I would go back to look at the tips that were in them. One of my favorite parts was the embarrassing stories that readers would send in because they were so funny. I loved every part of this magazine, so I never skipped over anything. Therefore, it took me a few hours just to finish it! The price is higher then normal magazines, but it's also a lot thicker too. It contains stories from readers, articles on fashion and hair and lots of tips and ideas for your life.

Used to be good, now lame

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

I used to love Cosmo, it had some thought provoking articles to balance out the fluff. Now, it seems like every magazine has the exact same information, and a lot of it is now about finding the right man and having hot sex.

I'm no prude, but there's only so much about those topics I can take. It's a fun enough magazine to skim in the waiting room of a doctor's office, but that's about it.

Never received what I paid for!!!

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

After responding to a solicitation for this magazine subscription, at just $5 per year, with an option of 2 years for $10....(I chose/checked the box and filled in $10 for 2 years). After being charged $5 on my credit card for this company and not receiving my magazine for 3-4 months, I began contacting them (it is extremely difficult to find out where to contact...but they have never responded to multiple emails sent). Finally, in April I began receiving my FIRST magazine; however, I noticed that the mailing label indicated my subscription would end in December the same year....it should actually be March, 2014!!! After sending at least three additional emails, with NO response, I finally received a magazine indicating one additional month added to my subscription?!?!? About 5 months after receiving my very first issue of this 2-year subscription, I have repeatedly been harrassed and billed $25 for automatic renewal. NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, and definite "BAIT & SWITCH" tactics in place!

call me old-fashioned...but I find it a bit vulgar

from Strawberry Plains, TN

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

Cosmo seems to be the one of the most popular fashion/beauty magazines on the market.  So naturally I read it when I graduated from my Seventeen magazine years ago.  I have tried numerous times to pick up a Cosmo and get what every other woman seems to be getting from this magazine, but I don't.  Call me old-fashioned (I'm not really), but I find it a bit vulgar.  Everything is about sex.  I am a christian though not necessarily an avid church-goer however I try to live a christian lifestyle which is hard enough being a single woman in her twenties.  Personally, I don't feel that I need I need that much advice about sex.  And I would really like to feel comfortable reading a magazine say around my parents or out in public with out having "7 Steps to a Great Orgasm" plastered all over the front of my magazine....but that's just me.

Love this magazine, but loved it more before

from Bixby, OK

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

I will pick up Cosmo at the check out for long road trips or if I have read everything else.  Maybe at 30 I am getting old!!  :)  The magazine is too "busy" and I get tired of reading the same old sex tips over and over again and all of the "embarrassing moments" that are printed in every magazine with a similar feature.  I would like to see more articles and less "filler".

Original

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

This magazine is my favorite by far, the bedroom tips and the gyn stuff is what I enjoy reading each month. I like that this magazine was desgin just for woman, and it does boost confidence, because you realize that you are not alone. Cosmopalition is the best magazine by far.

Can't get enough

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Cosmopolitan Magazine:

I think this magaizine is better for an older crowd. There are too many sexual articles and talk in this magazine. So, do not leave it around for your kids to get their hands on. There is a lot of good tips and its just fun to read. Very sex oriented magazine, but who doesnt want to be their best in bed.