4.1
Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat

Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat

4.1

we love it

I originally wanted my daughter to be in a Britax carseat, but the price tag on one of them is just too high.  I got this carseat from the car seat program at our local fire department.  They sell new carseats and install them so they know your child is safe.  I am so glad I went with this seat and not a more expensive one.  We have not been in an accident, but I am sure my daughter would be safe in it.  She can latch it herself which is a really nice feature.  I do not know if this is from her age (4 1/2) or because it is easy to do.  She has been doing it for a year now by herself.  It is easy to transfer from car to car.  The latch system is very easy.  I have used easier latch systems, but for the price this is not hard.  The strap sometimes does not want to pull, but if you get in the seat yourself to tighten it it is not hard.  I would not trade this seat for any other at this point.

Touriva met my expectations for a safe ride, but not quality.

We like our Touriva car seat.  It is easy to get in and out of the car when we need to change vehicles.  The buckles seemed complicated in the beginning.  But once our son became a toddler, we were glad he couldn't do the buckle by himself.  The straps fit snuggley and we feel confident our little guy is safe.  The only thing that I don't like is that it is difficult to take apart and put back together if we need to wash the cover, which hasn't held up well in the washing machine.

Great car seat for the price!

from Brigham City, UT

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

I've used this car seat for all three of my kids and have been very happy with it.  I originally bought it because it was well-priced and it was a neutral color.  I also liked that it had a 5-point harness and that it could face either backwards or forwards.  It worked great to put my kids in this before they turned one (and still had to face backwards) and after they got too big to carry around in their car seat/carrier.  It was also nice that I didn't have to buy two separate car seats for that transition time.  They can go straight from this car seat into a booster.  The cover doesn't detach from the car seat though so I can't just throw it in the washing machine when it gets dirty... that's a bit of a pain.  The buckles seem a little complicated at first, but they're really easy once you get the hang of them.  I also like that my baby can't get out of it by herself.  Overall, this is a great car seat and is a great investment if you plan on using it for more than one child.

5 kids....this touriva served me very well.

from Bethlehem, PA

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

This is a good, basic car seat. Instructions for installation were easy to understand. The unit itself is easy to clean and also easy to put back together. The price was very reasonable, although I don't recall the exact price. But after 5 kids, money is tight enough that I don't spend more than I have to, under any circumstances. The straps are easy to adjust quickly for winter coats and snowsuits. We like to spend the days at the pool during the summer and the unit dries quickly. We've traveled distances of 5+ hours and the baby  has never complained too much, being stuck in the same spot for so long. I like the new latch system and this is the first car seat I've owned which has used it. Even though it's easy to install, I would recommend taking it to the local firehouse and have the firefighters double check your install. That's your baby back there, after all and you can't be too careful!!

good product for the price

from Mount Gilead, NC

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

great car seat for the money.  i was able to use this for both my daughters.  they both liked the seat but it leans a little once it's in your car but it still holds the child in really well.  it also is easliy switched from vehicle to vehicle.

Touriva met my expectations for a safe ride, but not quality.

from Fargo, ND

A great basic car seat.

from Dunn, NC

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

This product is good and basic.  It is a bit complicated to install but is worth the safety in the long run. I think it is more so ment for a toddler but I have a 8 month old that I use it for and she fits nicely.  I can really see her because she is rear facing that is my main problem.  I can't really keep an eye on her.

This carseat is awesome it is really durable

from Amityville, NY

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

This carseat is great.  My nephew is a typical boy and is rough on everything.  It was very sturdy.  It is very easy to clean.  Very easy to hook up in the car.  I love this product and would recommend for other people to buy this product and other products made by this company.  They are built to last and well worth every pennie you spend on it.  please consider my opinion before you buy a different product it is the best carseat i have ever used wouldn't buy anything else.

Really great car seat that someone could trust.

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

I've enjoyed this car seat. I have had four children and the car seats that were used years ago by myself with my first three were not as good quality as this one. Cosco has been a quality company and still maintain a good value and price. This car seat has been easy to install and remove. Easy to use. Easy to clean. Easy to tether for additional safety. This car seat has additional features that I have found are useful to busy moms or dads.

Very good carseat for the price!

from Utica, NY

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

This carseat is great for the cheap price. It is a little hard to install, and doesn't look like it is too comfortable. Getting my  child in and out can be a bit of a pain. Saftey wise this carseat is great, and I am not at all worried when my child is in it!

Its stylish and fits my big boy!

from Hilliard, OH

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

I loved it for its sleek black look and loved that the five point system is on it, but once my 33lb pound just turned one year old got in it, he just seems so comfortable and he looks safely snug in it.  I really like the versatility that it goes up to 80lbs, it'll be my one stop booster seat!  I love how tall it is for my son, it will grow right with him and it'll make me know that he will be safe in it, especially in case we ever get in a accident.  I feel comfortable to know he will be in it for safety.

Cosco price is unbeatable

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Cosco Touriva Convertible Car Seat:

We have a very tight budget and so we always purchase the cheapest we can find that meets our minimum safty requirements. This seat fit the bill nicely. It was a FOURTH of the price of anything else we were looking at. We used it for two years with our first child before she outgrew the five point harness. Since our youngest was about to turn one we decided to move him into the seat and buy a booster for our oldest. Our youngest gladly rides in the seat and we haven't had any problems. Our oldest, however, learned to crawl out of her booster seat so we ended up having to purchase another forward facing seat that holds a child in a five point harness until they are 80 pounds. This seat only holds in a five point harness through about 35 pounds. Not worth it if you have a child that struggles to stay in their seat. I'd go for a seat that offers a higher weight/height limit on the five point harness.