4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

Saved my daughter's life!

This carseat passed the ultimate test. We were in a serious accident a few months ago. My youngest daughter was in this seat, while my oldest was in a britax. When properly installed, almost all carseats are incredibly safe. This carseat... HANDS DOWN worth more than what it's priced at in stores. While our car was completely totaled, and I suffered a serious head injury, both of my daughters were safe in their carseats. When we looked over the carseat for damage, there were no stress marks at all. I have since replaced our carseat, due to the nature/severity of the wreck. I have complete confidence in this product.*I do take the time to properly install my carseats, even if it takes an hour of pushing, grunting and sweat. The safety of my child is very important to me.*I do CHECK and Inspect the carseats whenever I'm traveling... OFTEN!! Whether it be five minutes down the road, or a five hour drive. Check, check, check!

Great quality for the price

We use the Cosco Scenera in my husbands car, it is a great back up car seat. Most of the time, my son is in his bulky, expensive car seat, but we really needed one in our other car, for those times my husband picked him up or dropped him off at daycare. We didn't want to have to remember to leave the car seat, plus it is a hassle. So we looked around for an inexpensive, but still safe, seat. The Cosco Scenera has worked out great in that capacity. It doesn't take up too much space, but is still securely harnessed into the car. The reason I don't recommend it for use as a primary car seat is that has very thin padding and doesn't seem super comfortable, like the more expensive car seats. But, if you are not using it for long trips or every day, it is worth buying.

This car seat has not been discontinued, I just bought one

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

I purchased this carseat from walmart 2 weeks ago because I have an infant I babysit that was getting a little too heavy to carry around in the little bucket type car seats anymore. I like the design overall, and it was fairly easy to install, though the directions were not great.

Ease of Installation
This car seat was easy to install in the forward facing direction, however the rear facing directions were unclear. It has a line that needs to be parallel to the ground, but they don't tell you the best way to adjust the seat if it's not sitting correctly. However, once I looked online for instructions, I found out that putting some towels underneath the front to prop it up was ok.

Child's Comfort
The seat is fairly comfortable, but not as padded as the Graco convertible carseat that I already owned for another toddler. It's obviously a little less expensive, therefore it has cheaper materials. But it is adequate.

Support and Safety
The carseat seems to be perfectly adequate at supporting the child compared to the other carseat I have, and buckles in as tightly and comfortably.

The instructions were not complete in my opinion (see above), however once I figured it out it was simple to install.

It has an attractive design, similar to other car seats I have used.

I haven't had it very long so I can't really speak much to durability... so far, so good!

Convertible car seat

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

Being a single mom on a fixed income this car seat is a great value. Meets all safety standards and comfortably fits into my compact car.

Ease of Installation
Very easy to install the directions are easy to follow.

Child's Comfort
My daughter falls asleep during every ride.

Support and Safety
Meets all safety standards.

perfect

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

I have 2 of these carseats for my kids and they work wonders for them. they are prefect. they are easy to install and the cupholders come in handy when they want to put their drinks down. the latch system works well even when you use the seat belt. It was easy to install in the car and easy to take out to clean. No having to undo anything hard to get the carseat out.

• Support and Safety:

Don't let the budget price scare you away

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

This is a great toddler seat! I did all the research for a toddler seat for my son. He's the MOST precious thing in my life and of course his safety and security was top of mind. But so was not getting sucked into the though that the most expensive product must be the safest produce. I read dozens of reviews. I looked at options in stores. I studied the minimum safety standards. I realized that this option was a solid one for a great price that had wonderful reviews. Added bonus -- it's lightweight, easy to install and comfortable for my son. Some have said it doesn't have as much padding as other seats, but I knew the vast majority of our trips would be in-town jaunts to the grocery store or the mall. My son has never acted like he was uncomfortable in the least. We like them so much, we have three.

Very affordable, very basic

from Greencastle, IN

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

We needed a carseat for my second child, and her big brother was still using the convertible car seat we had. I shopped around a little for the best value and good reviews. We ended up purchasing a Cosco Scenera in a really cute pink floral print. I know uni-sex coloring is more practical, but this one was on sale, and I loved the "girly" print for my baby girl! It was pretty easy to adjust to the right fit, and quick and simple to install in the car. We've been using it for several months now. I'm happy with it, and won't replace it since it serves it's purpose. I will say that if you want a cushy, soft seat for your baby, this probably isn't the best choice. I think nearly every other carseat offers more padding, and support. This is a very basic seat with an easily removable cover that washes well, and is easy to put back on. It has a little bit of foam padding on the seat under the cover, but none on the sides. This could easily be compensated for by adding a head/body support pad. Overall, it's a cheap, easily cared for seat that will keep your child safe, and it comes in nice colors.

• Support and Safety:

My daughter loves her Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat!

from Creswell, OR

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

When we were looking for a second car seat for our daughter we knew we wanted one that would give us the most value possible and we found it in this car seat. It fits her personality with the bright colors and the daisy print. We love that it's able to hold a child from 5lbs all the way to 40lbs since it can face backwards or forwards--which makes it a huge money saver. Our daughter loves going for rides in it. The harness is easily adjustable and an adult can undo it with one hand if need be. Since it has the ability to be buckled in with an adult seat belt or to use the harness system in some of the newer cars it is really easy to use in any car, truck or suv.

Our daughter is almost two now and we still use it without complaint. The forward facing position is more fun for her because she can see where we are going. She can't get the safety restraints open by herself which makes us feel better. It did recline a little too far back when she was younger but that reminded me more of an actual infant car seat than anything else.

Overall, this is a wonderful product which is a huge value for the money. It's easy to install and use. It doesn't weigh much at all so taking it in and out of cars isn't a problem. The cover comes off for washing which makes it easy to care for. I highly recommend this to any parent.

My first Cosco carseat

from South Bend, IN

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

We got the Cosco Scenera 40RF Convertible Car Seat as a gift. Besides the affordable cost, the other plus is that it is lightweight which makes it easier to move from vehicle to vehicle, if need be. This is also a minus b/c the car seat doesn't feel secure in the car. Other minuses: 1) the harness chest clip is difficult to open (hope we're never in an accident or a big hurry), 2) shoulder straps prone to twist and become uneven, 3) anything and everything sticks to the spot-clean-only nylon fabric making it difficult to clean (wish it was machine-washable). As other reviewers have said, I would pay a little bit more and get a better quality seat.

Cosco Scenera is horrible for rear-facing children!

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

I bought the Cosco Scenera convertible car seat for my daughter when she outgrew her infant carrier. I wanted something that would carry her for a number of years, but I was on a very tight budget at the time.

After close to 2 years of use, I have grown to hate this seat!

My daughter is small for her age (25 lbs and 32 inches at 2.5 years old), so I still have her rear facing. This car seat is supposed to hold children rear facing up to 35 lbs, but even with my daughter as small as she is there is no way we can make it to 35 lbs. I'm in the market for a new convertible seat that has more room, because she is really cramped in this.

The shoulder straps seem to get tangled if you just look at them, and I am forever trying to straighten them out.

The harness adjuster is low in the front, so that if the seat is installed rear facing it is nearly impossible to actually reach it and adjust properly each time you put your chld in the seat. Now the harness adjuster has stopped working well at all! When I do get to it to pull and tighten the straps, it seems to not tighten them at all. It is very frustrating that I can't get a good fit.

For the seat to be rear facing, it is supposed to be reclined VERY far back, looking really unnatural for a toddler. It has to be so far reclined that in my Honda Odyssey mini van, the passenger seat has to be fairly close to the dashboard. This works for us because we are very short, but for any regularly tall people it would pose a huge problem.

Trying to install the carseat with LATCH is a nightmare. The loops are very hard to use.

The overall look and feel of the seat is cheap flimsy plastic. I do not feel like she is safe in it, and I greatly look forward to buying a new, different one.

I cannot attest to its qualities in the forward facing position.

Cosco Scenera Carseat is a great value!

from Lima, OH

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

I bought this Cosco Scenera Carseat for both of my kids once they outgrew the infant carseats.  This carseat comes in a variety of fun patterns -- neutral as well as gender-themed.  It's sturdy and very easy to install.  My kids love that it has a cup-holder on the side.  One of the only drawbacks is that the straps did not extend enough to fit my kids once they neared the 40-pound mark and were wearing puffy winter coats, so I had to switch them to booster seats sooner than I would have preferred.  Another drawback is that the cover kept coming off the top of my son's carseat -- most likely because he always fidgeted with that kind of thing -- but I was never able to get it to stay on properly after that.  It's a fitted fabric cover, but for some reason I could never get it to stretch back up over the top of the carseat like it was supposed to.  Overall, this carseat is wonderful, especially considering that it is on the lower end of the price spectrum.  Great product for the money, though!

CoscoScenera an unexpected great seat

from Kingwood, TX

Comments about Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat:

From the price, I expected not to love this seat, I mean -- 40 bucks?  Seriously?  But it's a great car seat and I have not had any problems with it. We bought it to use for my son eventually, but for now it is used as an extra seat in Grandma's car for when she needs to take one of my girls somewhere. It is very easy to install with the latch system and is easy for my daughter to climb in and out of. Both my two year old and four year old fit very comfortably in the seat. I have not used it rear facing yet, but it seems like it will work well that way as well. Although it doesn't seem quite as heavy and sturdy as our other convertible seat, I think it will hold up well. We read on Consumer Reports that it gets very high ratings for safety, and that's the most important thing!  I don't know how well it will clean since my girls haven't managed to get it messy yet.  I'm very pleased wth this budget seat!