2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

Continental Flies Above Most U.S. Airlines

Continental isn't the largest airline in the American skies. It's not the oldest. It's not the most famous. It doesn't have ticket the most passengers, and it doesn't own the biggest fleet. It's not the cheapest either. But here and now, with the realities of the U.S. airline industry of 2007, it pretty much has a hammerlock on any claim to being the BEST.

Frankly, I'd rather fly the BEST airline than the CHEAPEST or the BIGGEST airline, and that's saying something, since budget travel has always been a concept very near and dear to my dollar-loving heart.

Every airline has its bad days, and Continental, with thousands of flight operations, will occasionally have a delayed flight or will sometimes bump passengers from overcrowded flights. They aren't perfect. But STATISTICALLY, you are less likely to be delayed on a Continental flight and less likely to lose your baggage than you are with many other U.S. carriers. The exact rankings vary, month to month, but over time, the trend is for Continental to outperform the industry norm (you can monitor the statistics yourself by viewing reports available from: airconsumer.ost.dot.gov).

What really sets Continental apart from the pack these days are SERVICE issues and CUSTOMER LOYALTY issues. A few examples:

* Continental serves meals in coach on longer flights that span a meal time

* Continental does not steal your frequent flier miles with a passenger-hostile mileage expiration period

* Continental does not do stupid surcharges for things like requesting an aisle seat

* Continental assigns seats

* Continental does not do stupid surcharges for checking a suitcase

In short, even if you have to pay a couple dollars more for a Continental flight than you might on a budget carrier, you are very likely to get a superior flying experience and you are more likely to arrive on time with your baggage. With a full-featured frequent flyer program, you're also likely to actually get a chance to earn a reward with Continental --- that's a big difference from low-cost carriers like Southwest or JetBlue, both of which have poor frequent flyer programs with anemic earning avenues and that expire your miles out from under you.

**A Little About My Experience with Continental...**

I've been flying Continental heavily since the late 1990s. I'm a Silver Elite level frequent flyer with them and have flown something over 200 flights with them. I live in one of their hub markets, so it's almost always the most convenient airline for me, and I often travel in Latin America, which is Continental's strength. I like to book online, check-in on line or at kiosks, and I usually fly with little or no checked baggage. I fly about 50-50 business and leisure, and my leisure travel is usually as a Dad accompanied by at least one kid. I've been bumped, I've been delayed, but I've never been seriously ticked off at Continental. Over almost a decade of flying, that's an accomplishment.

**Booking Travel with Continental**

I generally book online via Continental's web site (www.continental.com). I often get bonus miles for doing so, and the process is usually quite easy. Continental flights can also be booked through any traditional travel agent or through online sites like Travelocity, Expedia, or Orbitz, but you save $5 by booking direct through Continental. That's a much friendlier approach to passengers than airlines that are hostile to agents (like Northwest) or that don't support 3rd party travel sites (like Southwest or JetBlue). To be honest, both Southwest and JetBlue have some serious problems with their online web sites, so I can see why a sane traveler might avoid their web sites like the plague, though it's hard to do. I'd sure pay $5 not to have to endure Southwest's ugly user interface! On the whole, booking online with Continental is better than average.

Good points to booking on continental.com:

* can find lower airfares by using the "+/- 3 day" feature and the "nearby airports" feature

* can easily find and book last-minute weekend getaway fares

* excellent flight status and reservation management tools

Bad points to booking on continental.com:

* because it's an airline site, you can't compare fares (so use kayak.com or similar tools)

* can't hold a reservation for 24 hours (you can still do this on American...so Continental loses this customer-friendly battle)

**Checking In for a Flight**

I've become a big fan of early check-in, and I often check-in for domestic flights from my home computer before leaving for the airport. Unfortunately, this feature isn't available for international flights, but Continental has done a great job of filling the airports with kiosks that make the check-in process faster than ever. Unfortunately again, they haven't done enough to get these kiosks into foreign airports, even at Mexican airports in which they have heavy departure schedules. That's good because I've sometimes had unacceptably long check-in waits at Houston's Intercontinental airport (though not recently). On the whole, Continental is somewhat better than average on flight check-in.

**Frequent Flyer Program**

Continental's OnePass is one of the best frequent flyer programs in the U.S. --- far better than average. The reasons are threefold:

* miles never expire

* great earning potential

* decent elite level

In addition to earning miles for flights, Continental has myriad travel partners (hotel chains, rental car chains, etc.), so a business trip can easily rack up 3-4 times as many miles from partners as from flight miles. The Chase MasterCard gives good earning potential, but it's a crummy card with high annual fees, foreign currency fees, high interest rates, and consumer-hostile terms. If I didn't get all the bonus miles, I'd drop it in a heartbeat, but the mileage earning potential really is pretty decent. Compare OnePass features to those of other frequent flyer programs and you'll see that some of the programs out there aren't really worth being loyal to...Continental OnePass still is.

The elite level has been whittled away in recent years (the Bronze level was eliminated about 5 years back), and isn't as strong as it once was, but it still has some perks to it, and it gives you an easier crack at redeeming miles for free air travel.

Bad points about OnePass:

* often hard to redeem miles (blackout dates, controlled availability)

* harder to get first-class upgrades than it used to be

**Route Map**

I like the dollar-saving potential of low-cost carriers, but I deplore their limited route maps. One reason I like Continental is because they fly almost everywhere I want to go. They cover the United States quite well (though they seem strongest along the East Coast and the South), they have the most extensive Latin American route map of any U.S. carrier, and they have decent breadth in Europe and Asia, with some excellent partners (like Air France) that extend their reach even further. Hubs are Houston Intercontinental (IAH), New York Liberty/Newark (EWR), and Cleveland (CLE). Overall, Continental has a significantly better than average route map.

**Flight Experience**

I generally like flying with Continental. Their planes are usually young and well maintained and they have larger carry-on bins than most airlines, so there's less chance that I have to give up precious legroom to slide a carryon bag under the seat. (That's important when you're as tall as I am.)

For domestic flights, Continental is the best performer in the air. They do real meal service and offer real snacks and drinks, even on shorter flights. They'll still give you a blanket if you need one, and their flight attendants have generally good attitudes.

I try to avoid all U.S. flag carriers when it comes to international travel because almost every foriegn flag carrier offers better service. I like a full meal on a longer flight, and I like things like complimentary wine and a free after dinner cocktail. U.S. carriers used to have acceptable service levels on international routes, but they somehow decided that nobody would notice if they didn't try to compete with foreign carriers any longer. Oh well. I notice, and I always prefer the foreign carriers now. I suggest you give 'em a try too and see what nobody else is noticing....I bet you notice just like I did.

**Bottom Line**

Continental isn't perfect. I view them as somewhat below average in an international marketplace but substantially above average in the U.S. domestic marketplace. Overall, I like Continental. I like that they provide a higher level service and a better quality product than U.S. competitors. I still wish they would set their standards even higher, but for an American company, they're good.

Best airline in America? Don't believe the hype.

Where do I begin with this review? I chose Continental Airlines for a one way trip from Syracuse, NY to San Diego, CA with a connection in Newark. I had never flown with them before, but I was encouraged to try them based on the positive reviews on this site and others. I feel I have to write this review specifially to rebut the fiction that Continental is a good airline, so as to save others from the same fate. I have flown on United, American, America West, Northwest, Continental, El Al, and Southwest, and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that Continental was the worst. Prior to this Northwest had been the worst, but Continental was so bad it made Northwest look like a beacon of good customer service.I was looking at a flight that had only a 44 minute layover in Newark, and I was concerned that this wasn't enough time to make my connection should a delay arise. I emailed Continental customer service to ask for their expertise on this. The terse, corporate-style reply stated that "under normal circumstances, 30 minutes is sufficient time to make a connection". This was the beginning of Continental's appalling lies, which would soon begin to unravel. What they failed to mention was that at Newark airport, "normal circumstances" do not exist.I started tracking my Syracuse-Newark flight daily as it got closer to my departure. I found that this flight was delayed a minimum of 2 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY. Sometimes it was delayed 4 hours or more. In a panic, I called Continental and asked if it was possible to change my flight. The lady at the other end of the phone wouldn't even listen to my reservation number. She had no intention of allowing me to change my itinerary, her sole purpose was to talk me out of it. She then lied to me twice. First, she said that the delays were due to the weather in Newark. I checked the weather in Newark and it was bright and sunny with no precipitation and no wind. Second, she reassured me that if I missed my connection "we will take care of you somehow". More on that later.I arrived at Syracuse airport and checked in. Of course I had to pay $25 for my second checked bag. When I got to the gate the boarding lady told me that the Newark flight was delayed, and she changed my itinerary to a connection in Cleveland. I was relieved and I felt that she was taking care of me. However, only moments later the Newark flight started boarding, and at the very last second the boarding lady switched me back to that flight. She told me that the Cleveland flight was now delayed and the Newark one had been pushed up. I appreciated that she was doing her best for me, but I have never seen an airline operate so chaotically. I was shuffled around only to be put back on my original flight, and in the process I had lost the window seat that I had carefully reserved on both flights. It was all so haphazard and ultimately quite frustrating.I later found out that the Cleveland flight had been delayed over 5 hours. The lesson here is that if you are flying Continental, no connection at any airport is safe. The reason for this has nothing to do with weather. Other airlines use large airports with multiple runways for their connections (Chicago, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, etc.). Continental uses little dinky airports (Newark has only two runways) as their hubs, which overloads the system and creates congestion, resulting in ridiculous delays. When you fly Continental, you are automatically downgrading yourself to the airline with the most poorly managed, inefficient air traffic system in the United States.When I arrived at Newark, of course I missed my connection. One note about Newark though: you have to take a bus from the C terminal to the A terminal if you are making a connection. Yes, you heard that right. Both of your flights are on the same airline and yet not only are they at different terminals, but you have to take a bus to transfer. Even with the huge delay, I might have barely made my connection if I had not had to stand in line for 20 minutes waiting for a stupid bus to take me to Terminal A. I have never heard of any other airport in the developed world that operates this way, let alone a "hub" airport.When I found out I missed my connection, I went to Continental customer service. The guy behind the counter had no sympathy for me whatsoever, and acted like he basically didn't care. He simply put me on the next flight out, which was the next morning. I asked him if Continental would help me to pay for a hotel room for the night, but of course he said they would not (even though they lied to me - "under normal circumstances..." - to get me to book this connection in the first place). This also brought to light the second lie - the lady over the phone who said "we will take care of you somehow". Well, they didn't take care of me, I was on my own. When I asked the man behind the counter where to go to find a shuttle to a hotel, he barely even cared enough to tell me where to go.I was stuck overnight without clothes or toiletries, so I went to Continental baggage services to see if I could get my luggage. The lady behind the counter informed me that if I wanted my luggage, I would have to wait 2 hours for it. I was tired and it was late and I had no intention of waiting 2 hours in the airport for my luggage. But she assured me that it would be checked onto my flight the next morning. Only after a significant amount of begging and pleading did she reluctantly go into the back to retrieve a small bag with a pathetic array of toiletries and a Continental logo on the front. But at least I had a razor to shave with the next morning. Maybe that is what the phone lady had meant when she said "we will take care of you somehow".There were crowds of people in the shuttle area as it seemed that many people had also missed their connections. I called the budget hotels but they were all booked. In a panic and fearing that I would not find a hotel room, I called the Marriott - knowing that they were likely too pricey for the hordes of stranded barbarians storming the hotel gates. I got a room, but at the lofty price of over $300, all of which was paid for by me and none of which was paid for by Continental. The Continental guy had told me to ask for a "distressed passenger rate" but the Marriott lady acted like she had never heard of it. Perhaps this was yet another Continental lie?I got to the airport first thing the next morning. I already had my boarding pass so all I had to do was go through TSA security. I felt like finally my nightmare was ending but a voice deep inside me told me that I was foolhardy to be so optimistic. I should have listened to that voice.The flight took off on time, but that is about all I can say for it. It is true that Continental comes by for multiple drink runs on the flight. There were at least four drink runs for a six hour flight. But since it was early all I was going to drink was coffee, and the coffee was predictably terrible. Who cares about multiple drink runs when all you get to drink is really bad airline coffee? I would rather just buy a venti Starbucks and take it on the plane. Also, Continental's big claim to fame is that they serve complimentary meals on board. On this flight they were serving some awful "breakfast sandwich". I would rather just get something good at the airport and take it on the plane, rather than be subjected to Continental's "meals".I should add that I thought there might be a choice of meals on the plane, and so when the stewardess came by with the breakfast sandwiches I politely asked if there were any choices. She gave me a cold stare and responded tersely "I don't know what you are talking about". Just because I asked her a simple question, she acted like I was the devil incarnate himself for the rest of the flight. Upon disembarking in San Diego, I politely smiled and said "thank you" as I passed her, but she only gave me a cold stare. So much for the much-vaunted Continental customer service!I waited at baggage claim with the other passengers, but after everything I had been through, somehow I knew that my nightmare could not end this easily. Sure enough, I heard my name over the aiport loudspeaker asking me to report to baggage services. Of course my luggage was still in Newark. How could it be anywhere else? At this point I had lost my capacity for surprise or disappointment with Continental. The man behind the counter told me that my luggage would arrive on the evening flight, and would be delivered to me shortly after midnight.It is amazing that Continental couldn't get my luggage onto my flight even though they had 14 hours at Newark to do it. But that is what you get when you fly Continental.I went home and decided to stay up late to receive my luggage, even though I had been up so early for the morning flight from Newark. I was tired and had been wearing the same clothes for two days now. I didn't have a phone yet as I had just moved to San Diego, so I gave Continental my housemate's phone number in case there was a problem. I watched the clock...12....1.....2.....still no luggage. I had been up nearly 24 hours and my luggage still had not arrived. I went to a payphone to call Continental and ask them what was going on, and the person on the other end of the phone had no information for me. All they knew was that my luggage was in San Diego.I later found out that the driver had called my housemate to tell her that it was too late for him to drop my luggage off, but that he would do it the next morning. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning waiting for luggage that Continental said would be delivered after midnight, but they failed to deliver. Additionally, the driver never informed Continental that he had decided to wait until the next morning, so when I had called Continental customer service from the payphone they had no idea of it. All they could tell me was to keep waiting. This is how Continental operates.I live in a gated community which requires a phone call to get in. But I did not have a phone yet. As my housemate recounted the story to me, Continental called at about 9:00 A.M. and told her that the delivery guy was at the front gate. She was not home at the time, so she called security to tell them to let him in, but security did not answer. As the situation wore on, the Continental person became increasingly hostile and threatening over the phone. This culminated in the Continental person yelling at her through the phone that I was inconveniencing them and that they were going to take my luggage back to the airport and I would have to pay C.O.D. ("Cash On Delivery") when I picked up it up. Yes, you heard that right. After duping me into booking with them ("under normal circumstances..."), lying to me ("we will take care of you somehow..."), after the $300 Marriott bill and after failing to put my luggage on the flight to San Diego despite having over 14 hours to do it - something which an only be the result of extreme incompetence - and after promising to deliver my luggage after midnight and then reneging without even informing the customer service department thereby causing me to stay up until dawn without knowing what was going on, now they were going to make me pay to retrieve my luggage, BECAUSE I WAS INCONVENIENCING THEM!Only after my housemate reiterated the entire sob story did the Continental lady relent. She called the delivery guy and lo and behold, he walked through the security gate which had apparently been open the entire time, and dropped off my luggage at my front door.There is a point where you actually start to feel like you are being physically assaulted by an airline. When my housemate told me the story of the "Cash On Delivery" threat, I reached that point. Continental shamelessly lied to me, did nothing to help me or care for me, caused me to pay $300 of my own money for a hotel, was rude to me, and made me to stay up for almost 48 hours nonstop without so much of a change of clothes, all due to their own extreme negligence and incompetence. And the final humiliation was that they were going to charge me to pick up my own luggage at the airport, after I had stayed up all night waiting for it when they had promised to deliver it.At least I narrowly dodged that final, fatal bullet. But Continental didn't dodge anything. I hope this review will discourage all who read it from ever flying this pitiful airline. I will never fly with them ever again. I would sooner walk through the desert with a backpack full of bottled water than have to fly with them again. Believe it or not, that would actually be a painless way of traveling by comparison.

Continental Airlines no longer a favorite

from Texas

Comments about Continental Airlines:

I had hoped that the merger would make Continental Airlines and United would help both airlines but all that I see as a result is confusion, poor service, unhappy employees and passengers. We love to travel and because of work related meetings was able to do a lot of long weekends so we have used a lot of airlines over the years. Continental was a old, reliable, means of transportation. Yes, we had delays due to weather as well as other things but somehow they didn't seems as bad as they are now. Employees don't seem to care, it takes forever to talk to someone, and then told they can't do anything.

Service
I was standing behind someone with a ticket problem and the girl was told, we can't do anything about your missing your connection but you can buy another ticket. What happened to the days when airlines showed a courtesy to other airlines and took their customers when they could help out.

In-Flight Accommodations
Attendant come around and offer some packaged dry looking food in economy. I only hope those folks in business class or first class fare better. Personally, I forgo the food and drink any of the airlines offer.

At least they tried

from united states

Comments about Continental Airlines:

Continental Airlines and I used to have a love-hate relationship. They have lost a few bags, a couple of flights have been delayed, and then they merged with United and that relationship turned sour. Besides now having the worst on-time average on the market today, I feel they have the worst customer service on the market today as well.

Before the merger, however, Continental was one of the airlines that I would sometimes purchase my transcontinental flight tickets. They used to service a number of the larger international airports that I would need to travel to.

Service
Continental Airlines used to have average service. They were up there with Delta, America, and United. It used to be a major US Airline. Today, Continental Airlines is now United AIrlines. They offer service to countless cities all over the globe. Their flights are sometimes the best deals on the market. But buyer be ware: you get what you pay for.

Average.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Best airline experience yet!

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Continental Airlines:

If you're travelling overseas specially for over 18 hrs. you'll go crazy if you're uncomfortable and bored the whole flight. Our experience with Continental airline is still the best and memorable one. Even though there was some delays because of the weather, they provided us with exceptional accommodations. We always fly economy 'cause plane tickets are not really that cheap, but we still have our own personal entertainment, aside from the gadgets you already have with you. You can play games and watch movies on your personal tv. The flight attendants were very nice too. Food was ok. Overall experience was great.

Service
No complains. Still one of the best airline we've experience.

In-Flight Accommodations
The flight attendants were very polite and understanding. The passenger beside me was so picky with everything. He was calling one attendant over and over for something so small. The attendant though still got a smile on her face everytime she come back.

Too small!

Comments about Continental Airlines:

I fly with Continental Airlines occasionally when i am traveling from Cleveland to Milwaukee (and vice versa). Although this flight is slightly under an hour, it feels significantly longer than that because the airplane is so small! I am six foot one, so my knees are always jammed against the seat. This is a problem on all airlines, but it is even worse on Continental Airlines. Another problem that I have with this airline is that the overhead compartments are extremely small. My french horn does not fit even though it is in a compact case that is smaller than a carry on suitcase. Musicians such as myself can not check instruments because they are too fragile and expensive. We have all heard far too many horror stories of instruments getting destroyed with checked luggage.

Service
The flight attendants are all extremely nice about letting me put my french horn in one of their closets and will sometimes let me put my french horn in the seat next to me when the flight is empty.

Still One of the Better Airlines

from New York, NY

Comments about Continental Airlines:

I have been flying with Continental for more than 15 years. They were always my go to airline. This is still the case. My most recent flight with them was to Japan in August. My experience with them, as always, was a positive one.

Their flights are competitive and the in flight entertainment is up to date, modern and worth watching. Movies and tv shows are current. There was a wide range movies to watch, which was extremely important on such a long flight. As is the comfort of their seats. The leg room was adequate and the seats themselves serviceably comfortable. The hostess were attentive. The food was adequately ok, which for airplane food is about the best you can ask for.

The flight was on time. Check in was a breeze. Their frequent flyer program however is lacking. It takes a long time to rack enough points to redeem for a free flight. But this is par for the course these days.

All in all, I would still recommend Continental for both short and long haul flights.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

My experience was better than I expected!

Comments about Continental Airlines:

My sister and I went to visit our relatives in Chicago and were very satisfied with the service and were lucky to have no layovers that were more than first mentioned. The flight left on time and arrived on time as well, compared to united airlines their service was shitty and they lost my baggage, which was our switch-off plane. Also they were quick with putting the luggage for all the people on the flight to gather on time as well!

Service
I thought the flight attendants were helpful and nice and full of life and also explanitory with seat belts.

In-Flight Accommodations
I loved the fact that they had TV with cable for all the passengers although you have to pay like $1.50 for 3 hours I believe. I was satisfied with all the free drinks they would give. They would come around every hour or so and asked if we needed anything. We also had free breakfast, a muffin, milk and fruit. There wasn't the traditional only food of peanuts which we thought that we would only be getting.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

This airline offers affordability and convenience

from Newark, NJ

Comments about Continental Airlines:

This is the only airline that flies from Jamaica to New Jersey EWR airport directly. The convenience of flying directly to where you want to go is lacking because most airlines offer connecting flights. The only concern I have is regarding the food offered which you mainly have to pay. While the Direct TV is great you have to pay for that too, so all the upgrades you want comes at a cost. Almost feels like a nickel and dime but you do get free drink and or tea on your 3 hour flights. Great attendants and always a nice smooth flight.

Service
The airline offers rewards which is great especially for frequent flyers to earn miles and their prices are quite attractive but can do a little better. Their website is very user friendly when making reservations and they are quite prompt for departures at least most times.

In-Flight Accommodations
The attendants are mainly pleasant however there are a few who may appear racist which paints a negative picture. They will however provide any information you need and assist you where necessary. The seats are comfy in economic but phenomenal in first class. Sitting too close to the back side of the plane can get really noisy which is the worst part of the trip unless there are noisy and crying children on your flight.

International baggage allowance

Comments about Continental Airlines:

We connected with another Asian carrier that would normally allow us 2 pieces of free checked in luggage but due to Continentals policy of only one, the other airline got to charge us even MORE than what continental would have charged. Continental also claimed that the carry on luggage would follow the same rules as the US but in Asia you are only allowed 14 lbs and we had to check the hand luggage in at $100. Each airline blamed the other for the "incorrect" charges but would not help .

• In-Flight Accommodations:

We are their hub & it shows

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Continental Airlines:

Have you ever had to arrange a special meal with an airline? I did. Twomonths in advance. A great supervisor from Continental Airlines reservation area named Brian exclusively assisted me. I told him that I was high cholestrol, had been on a fat free diet for 1.5 years & it didn't work, just added weight to me from all the sugar I was consuming. My huaband is a new diabetic so both of us have to be servied SUGAR FREE, LOW CARB, carbs are sugar.So I learned from the American Diabetic Association on a TV show, thatcarbs are sugars & foul up your insulin levels thus raising cholestrollevels as well as add weight & stock fat. While at Borders, I read ATKINS book as well as EADES' book and both stated that 20-40 carbs a day max and incredible weightloss as well as cholestrol without medication.So I got approval to drop by scripts & try it. We had a trip to Hawaiiplanned & I contacted Continental (our carrier from Cleveland to Honolulu) on our meals. They had no HIGH PROTEIN or NO CARB meals, but did have DIABETIC ones. So Brian chose that one. He spent a good half hour reading thru all the meals offered & a description of each.  All was perfect.So we are on the first leg of CLE to Houston. They announce our name for a special meal. Breakfast was a banana (42 carbs), cereal (56 carbs),  NOT DIABETIC MEAL! skim milk (18 carbs), orange juice (48 carbs) and a bagel (36 carbs) & PROMISE MARGARINE not butter (8 carbs). So they got it back. The stewardess was confused at the still wrapped meal of my husband & mine which was opened but not eaten. Lunch was a burritto, no wrapper or rice can we eat (110 carbs) so that went back. Dinner was chicken on rice & beans, so we ate the chicken & threw out the rest. Both meals also included an apple & pretzels - no way!I made a phonecall to them upon our return thanking them for trying to take care of us, but what they were serving tho tagged DIABETIC was more a FAT FREE meal. I know, I was eating that way for 1.5 years. The gal at 1-800-WE-CARE2 stated that she was doing a write-up for that department to alert them for future upgrades that they are plenty of folks like me out there that Continental serve & they appreciated my time & comments.So today UPS comes to the door with a big white cooler from OMAHA STEAKS addressed to me. My husband starts ranting that I wasted money on some sucker email they sent me. I said NO!  So we open it & it is 2 boneless NY Strips & 2 Filet Mignons & a Continental Airlines cooler carrier to put Omaha Steaks' foam cooler into so we can carry what we need to eat wherever we go. I AM VERY IMPRESSED! This is one class company & that's why we fly them exclusively!!!!  Besides CLE is their Corporate hub as of 2009.

The worst of the absolute WORST!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Continental Airlines:

I booked a flight on US Airways a few months ago that I had to cancel due to unexpected foot surgery. I was provided a credit and therefore, re-booked a new flight on US Air, where US Air contracted the flight to Continental. While departing Cleveland on March 17th, 2011 - Flight CO3212 (Twin Prop Aircraft at 11:55 am, approximately 12 to 15 mins into the flight, we experienced a loud bang and then the leftside propeller stopped working. Unknowly at the time, passengers sitting behid the left engine also saw fire coming from the engine. Everyone on the plane were becoming worried, as the two flight attendants where scrambbling back and forth in the asiles, when the pilot comes on the intercom and says to the effect: "...well I guess, some of you have notice whe had a fire in the left engine and had to shut it down and we are now had to prepare for am emergency landing in Pittsburg, as opposed to the intended destination, Baltimore Washingto Int'l. Unpon landing, were immediately told to exist the plane from the right-side ememrgency tail exist (where the first two passengers had to jump-exit first, to spot and assist the rest of us... and no, there was no ramp, not mobile nor inflatable deployed to the scene...just a bunch of fire trucks surrounding the plane. If that wasn't enough, one of the younger passenger was apparently 'high' on sometime and being a nuisance to other passegers..so much in fact, the Airport Sheriffs had to be called to apprehend him amongst everything else that was happening...(feel free to check the Pittsburge Sheriff's Dept blotter report for that claim, it should be there). We had to wait for our carry-on before they re-routed some of us to Reagan Int'l two hours later (..remember I was had a ticket for BWI, not Reagan Int'l)

...So, what did I get for my troubles from troubles. a aggrevation to a fresh-foot surgery, no offer of a wheel chair, nightmares re-living the experience, a $12 meal voucher (which by the way, I had to ask for), Lost Hartmann Lugguage (which they also managed to damage) for two hours that had to be delivered the next day (i.e., one hour before I checked-out of my hotel), and just recently, a letter form Thier Flight Incident Communcation Croony (dated Marh 24th) tactfully acknowledging the incident (not the the details I'm providing you of course) and a travell discount for $100 towards another flight.

So folks, thinkingh about flying Continental? ...Fly at your own risk because I know I won't ...EVER!!!

Service
I wouldn't fly Continental Airline even if it was free ....they are just that TERRIBLE!