Other Toothpastes:
Colgate
Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste

Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste

Almost as good as Mentadent!

Conventional wisdom has it that any toothpaste works as long as it contains the active ingredent Sodium Fluoride. No matter what brand or flavor incarnation, it is Sodium Fluoride that powers oral hygiene along. To a certain degree, this is true but for decades, dentists and others in the know have appreciated the combined power of baking soda and peroxide. It took whoever developed Mentadent to transform this power duo into a pleasant-tasting, palatable formula which was probably the best toothpaste.

Mentadent was not without drawbacks, however. The performance of its famous pump was problematic and sometimes erratic, the refill cartridges were heavy, expensive, and an ecological disaster, and the whole device had to be taken apart and occupied too much space in luggage for travelers. Most disturbing of all was the fact that Mentadent was beginning to disappear from store shelves and becoming harder to find so I was glad to see other oral hygiene manufactuers getting on board with this type of product, including **Colgate Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening Oxygen Bubbles Brisk Mint Toothpaste**.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**Colgate Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening Oxygen Bubbles Brisk Mint Toothpaste** is a white paste which depends on its primary active ingredient of Sodium Monofluorophosphate (0.76%) (0.15% W/V Fluoride Ion) already blended with its Inactive Ingredients which include: Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Aluminum Oxide, Water, Pentasodium Triphosphate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Flavor, Sodium Hydroxide, Calcium Peroxide, Sodium Saccharin, Carrageenan (Red Seaweed), Cellulose Gum, Titanium Dioxide to bubble up to the task of cleansing and protecting the oral environment (mouth, tongue, teeth) from the savage attacks of all those delightful goodies and taste treats we are prone to indulge in during the course of the day.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Guess what? I still like Mentadent the best but I have made it a point to introduce other optional dental pastes to my oral hygiene routine. I must say that **Colgate Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening Oxygen Bubbles Brisk Mint Toothpaste** seems to be a force to be reckoned with and seems to do a good job. With the warning that this is a stronger toothpaste and a **little of this goes a long way**, I recommend this for most people.

Colgate's Oxygen Bubbles Felt More Like a Lava Eruption

It seems that every week the toothpaste manufacturers are coming out with a different type of toothpaste.  Most of the time, however, they don't seem to perform any better than the version they replaced.  Still, I was curious to try the newest toothpaste on the store shelf, **Colgate Whitening with Oxygen Bubbles**.  The active ingredient that creates the bubbling effect is the added peroxide.  The ingredient list also includes fluoride and baking soda, which can be found in almost every other toothpaste.  The only remarkable property of Colgate with Oxygen Bubbles is that the tingling sensation that is supposed to be refreshing.  Instead of a whitening, refreshing feeling, it felt like the fires of Hell had erupted inside of my mouth.  I couldn't stand it for longer than 30 seconds, and my gums felt very sore and tender afterward.  I thought perhaps my reaction was a fluke, and I tried the toothpaste again a few days later, with the same results.

Fortunately, there are many other whitening toothpastes on the market that don't irritate my mouth like **Colgate Whitening with Oxygen Bubbles** does.  I'll be using those brands and avoiding this one in the future.  Colgate does have some good products, but I can't recommend this one.

KILL ME

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

I have been using this toothpaste for months because I am the dumbest person in the world. I have never in my life felt pain in my gums like this before, let alone anywhere else on my body. I had been using it for months and because the pain didn't happen while I was brushing I had no idea that the toothpaste was causing my issues! I couldn't take the pain anymore and honestly I thought something was horribly wrong with me, I finally went ot my dentist. He told me its the toothpaste. So when I got home I googled it and my my Colgate you have some awful reviews out there for many of your products. You should tru.ly think about pulling them from shelves so that innocent people aren't scarred for brushing their teeth. My gums were throbbing, bleeding, and even peeling! What in the heck do you put in your toothpaste!?

Horrible gum and tongue irritation!!!

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

I had used this product in the past, but not long because my teeth never felt as clean as with my regular brand (Colgate Total) and it didn't do anything as far as whitening. I was recently tight on money and the Colgate with Baking Soda and Peroxide was cheaper, so I figured I would use it for a while. Within days of starting this toothpaste, the sides of my tongue started burning all the time. I got a couple of swollen taste buds and then the tip of my tongue started burning. Following that was gum swelling/irritation and a slight chapped feeling on the outside of my bottom lip. I blamed it on everything from smoking, to clenching my jaw and biting my tongue, to possibly not cleaning my travel coffee cup well enough. There were little red dots and redness all along the outer edges of my tongue and you could see the redness/swelling along my gum line. Once the gum irritation started, I started thinking that maybe the toothpaste wasn't cleaning the gum line well enough which may have caused gingivitis problems which in turn irritated my tongue. I found this site and realized there were other people with the same problems and came to the conclusion that the baking soda was way too abrasive for my mouth. I remembered a few years ago when I used baking soda and water paste as an exfoliant for my face and had similar problems. It took me a week and a half to figure out it was the toothpaste. Honestly I guess it should have been the first thing I thought of, but toothpaste is one of those things that you would never think wasn't safe. I stopped using it and went back to Colgate Total. The second day after I stopped using it, there was a noticeable change in the pain in my tongue and I could see the red dots starting to ease up. I noticed a white patch on my gums under the back side of my front teeth and figured it was healing from the irritation, but not sure. The white coating was starting to come back along the edges of my tongue too. After the third day, my gums didn't bother me as much either. I am now on day 4 and have very little gum discomfort and my tongue doesn't burn anymore but I can still see the red dots, although they are lightening up and fading. I'm actually relieved that it was just the toothpaste, because when you search the symptoms on the internet all kinds of horrible things pop up, however I will NEVER purchase this toothpaste again. Broke or not, I'm going Colgate Total always. A little tip for anyone with the same problems from this toothpaste, chewing sugarfree gum pretty much takes away all discomfort as long as its not overly minty or cinnamon flavored. Although as soon as you stop chewing it, the discomfort gradually comes back. So I highly recommend chewing gum and doing a salt water rinse of 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt in about 1 cup of warm water through the healing process. Swish the salt water in your mouth for at least 30 seconds and repeat until the water is gone. Do the rinse at least 2 to 3 times a day, preferably after meals. Don't swallow the water and don't rinse with anything else once you're finished. The salt water doesn't burn at all, it actually is very soothing. It will make it SO much easier to deal with until it goes away.

Works well

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

Everyone wants a clean mouth and brighter, whiter teeth. It is not very endearing to have bad breath or cheesy smile. I like Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste. I believe it is as effective as it's advertisements say it is. I have always known that baking soda was effective as a whitening agent but, Colgate has taken it a step or two further. Peroxide is a disinfecting agent and helps to keep my gums as healthy as my teeth which is a major plus because unhealthy gums can cause heart problems. It tastes better than brushing with baking soda alone and, it makes it more do able. The cost of Colgate brand is suprsingly less than some of it's major competitors but, don't let the price fool you. That in no way makes it less effective. It definitely does it's job and, it does it very well. I would highly recommend that you at least try it to see if it's a good fit for you.

Just a basic toothpaste

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

I have been using the Colgate Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste probably for about six months. I bought it because it was the least expensive toothpaste that had "whitening" to it (It was two for the price of one at a local store). However, my husband and I will be thankful when it's all gone. My husband especially does not like taste of it. I'm not sure how to describe it, buts it's bland and pasty with an after affect taste of mint. One good side of it, is that it keeps your breath smelling like mint for a good amount of time. However, I have not seen any whitening affects from this toothpaste and that was one of the key reasons why I bought this. I believe I have used more all natural brands like toms toothpaste and have noticed a difference. So, would I recommend this toothpaste? Only if your looking for a good price toothpaste, that's does the basics (fresh breath, basic clean), and you don't care what it tastes like. Then this might be the one for you.

Awful taste and feeling!

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

I can't understand how anyone would like or use the Colgate with baking soda and peroxide toothpaste. I accidentally picked this up one time instead of the regular Colgate. I assumed there would be a slight difference in taste and perhaps feel because of the baking soda and peroxide but I definitely wasn't expecting what I got. There was NO classic Colgate flavor but instead just an awful soapy taste. The toothpaste didn't make my mouth feel fresh and didn't help make my breath smell good when I was done brushing. It also stung my gums and despite all that it didn't even make my teeth very white. I used a couple times just to make sure I hadn't had one bad experience, and every time I got the same results. I really couldn't believe that this toothpaste was a Colgate brand since it was so different from regular Colgate. It felt sort of gritty when I was brushing and I assume that was from the baking powder. However, the gritty feeling stayed for hours after I brushed and my mouth didn't have the nice fresh feeling that I get when using regular Colgate or Crest.

Colgate Baking Soda & Perodixe Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

Colgate is a major brand of anticavity dental care and for that matter, are very successful in what they do but this product fell way short of the goal in my opinion. I found the toothpaste to be somewhat dry and gritty on my teeth. For a moment I thought it would T-Cut my teeth down (like when you strip the top layer of paint off a scratched car before adding a fresh coat back on) and that they would lose their enamel. Usually dental products leave your mouth feeling fresh and clean but after using Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening my teeth felt like my face after a scrub, vulnerable and exposed. Then I remembered that I purchased this 6.4 ounce tube from the bargain bucket at the supermarket. I was surprised at how disappointed I was with this product. I have only given the toothpaste a high 7 in its overall rating because historically, Colgate is a brand I would usually recommend.

Refreshingly Great Product!

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

Colgate toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide is my most preferred toothpaste by a long shot! It is a great product! It works wonderfully, turning your teeth a beautiful, sparkling white without the irritation or burning that often accompanies teeth whitening products. Back in the day, we would brush our teeth with a baking soda mixture for quick whitening results. Now I use Colgate with baking soda and peroxide, and it always leaves me with a sparkling fresh feeling. I definitely recommend this product!

This toothpaste is disgusting!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

I do not have one nice thing to say about this toothpaste. Firstly, I cannot stand the flavor. Second, it did not feel like my teeth were clean at all after I used it. Third, it definitely did not whiten my teeth at all. I get the idea behind putting peroxide and baking soda in a toothpaste, but is it impossible to give the toothpaste a tolerable flavor? This toothpaste's flavor was terrible! It made my mouth feel disgusting. My teeth and mouth did not feel clean at all! Also, after a couple weeks of usage, I would expect my teeth to look a little bit whiter, but that was not the case with this toothpaste. I did not notice any difference at all in the whiteness or the brightness of my teeth. That is unacceptable. If I pay the extra money for a whitening toothpaste, I would like to see a difference in my teeth. I will not be recommending this terrible toothpaste to anyone I know, that is for sure!

Very good for whitening my teeth.

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

I love Colgate baking soda and peroxide whitening toothpaste. However, it is not the best tasting toothpaste that I have tried. I love the idea that it has peroxide included in this toothpaste. Peroxide is known to whiten teeth so that is a plus! I love using this toothpaste because after a few brushes, I noticed a beautiful white smile.

Colgate has freshness

Comments about Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Brisk Mint Toothpaste:

This toothpaste is a very good choice if you need or want whitening power by peroxide and baking soda. Most toothpastes only have either baking soda or peroxide but it is hard to find both. The colgate baking soda and peroxide whitening brisk mint is a great option for people who know the colgate brand. The price is awesome as well.