Other Grills:

Cons

Keep Your Belly Full With The Coleman RoadTrip

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
  • Durable
  • Easy Assembly
  • Portable

Cons

• Fuel leaks
  • Small grilling space

• For Self/Couple
  • Portable Use

Comments about Coleman RoadTrip 2000001845 Propane Grill:

I needed a small grill for camping and hiking; I could have just as easily stuck with building a fire to cook with. The biggest problem with that is temperature control so if you want to be able to regulate things you are cooking then you are going to have to use something with a controlled temperature.

This requires a small propane tank and while some may complain that it doesn't last as long as larger cans but you can use it on other appliances. I was able to set this up in about fifteen minutes and we tested it out a couple days later.

If you are grilling directly on the grill instead of a mat or dry sheet you need to make sure it's cleaned before you pack it up. I prefer to use a grill over an open flame and use whatever wood is around at the time but when I want to fry fish or make burgers I go with something that has a regulated pressure.

• I Am A:
  • Family Older Kids

Coleman RoadTrip Propane Grill

Comments about Coleman RoadTrip 2000001845 Propane Grill:

I am only giving the Coleman RoadTrip Propane Grill a 4 out of 5 because it really is a pretty good grill for the size. I do love how compact it is and is very easy to store away. Cleaning it doesn't take all day either and you don't have to use one of those rough cruddy grill brushes. The pieces wipe off pretty easily without having to stand there and scrub and scrub for hours. I was a bit disappointed at the propane tank size. You can buy the small tanks at your local store and normally come in two packs. They will last awhile, but if you plan to use it a lot, plan on buying quite a few small tanks. My father had an adapter thing that allowed him to attach a hose from it to a large tank which would last us a super long time.

It gets the job done. Burgers, steaks, chicken...it does just about any kind of meat.

Versatility
As long as you are cooking meat you are fine. Want to cook corn on the cob, some baked beans or something to go with the main dish and its not something very good to use.

Pretty easy to use. Just hook it up, turn it on and away you go.

Very easy to clean. I never had an issue trying to clean this small grill.

• Versatility:

Its very handy and works good for the purpose!

Comments about Coleman RoadTrip 2000001845 Propane Grill:

I was looking for a grill that is not very big and we can take with us during trips but we can also use at home when we need too. This grill serve both that purpose. We have used the grill few times now and still got lots of family time left on it. I like that its convenient and small enough for me to carry anywhere I want to use it.

Great Propane Grill for smaller families

Comments about Coleman RoadTrip 2000001845 Propane Grill:

The Coleman RoadTrip Propane Grill is an excellent choice for apartment living as well as for road trips and camping. The small propane bottle makes it simple to use and it needs less space for seasonal storage than the large tanks. Heats quickly and cooks fast even on the lowest setting. An excellent product.

Heats fast, remains hot even in cold weather.

The grill does need either the optional stand or some other form of table if used on a deck or patio.

Frequent usage means more cleaning. It isn't terrible to clean though.

Simple design, easy to use. Basic. A good grill.