Other Misc. Cleaning Products:
Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular

Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular

Pros

Cons

Cleans & disenfects well but does have drawbacks.

Yeah, I buy Clorox belach and use it and use it a lot. Maybe a possible culprit in the reason I can no longer smell anything. Great at removing stains and germs though will ruin anything colored if you spalsh some of it straight on to anything colored, worst on clothing but will discolor carpets and almost everything but it really is not safe to use straight anyway, you must dilute it with water before using it on anything. A nice bucket will help with this, possibly a rubbermaid bucket. Make sure even when well diluted that the area is either well ventilated or you do not stay in it for long. Too much of the fumes will make you sick. Makes mustard gas if mixed with amonia which can be deadly this was the gas the used in WWII in aint some kind of condiment. So good if you are cautious but can be very dangerous in the wrong hands. We hide it from the teens just cause they old enough to know better does not mean that they actually know any better. Also harmful to pets and the environment. It is surprising how much of this is in stores considering how dangerous it is and you do not even need to be a certain age to buy it. I know what I am doing so I am not worried about any accidents. I do know better even if I can not smell it anymore.

Avoid At All Costs

I'll make it simple: I love Bleach. I'm addicted to it. I use it to clean everything from my kitchen to my bathrooms to the walls. It's not only free us from germs, but it also gives us a nice alterntive to soap.

**My Prior Experience**

Bleach and I may go way back, but we don't always have the best relationship. In 2008 after trying to get ready for a family trip, I ended up knocking a regular Bleach jug right down the stairs; most of it poured out into our entry way. I cannot fully express my frustration with the experience!

However, I continued to use this regular Bleach on my white tile floor. I have two kids who have gone from cruising to walking to eating anything off of the floor. Using soaps makes my floor sticky, so putting just a little Bleach in gets the job done.

**The Mistake**

One day in the store, I realized that we were almost out of bleach, so I headed straight for the cleaners department of the grocery store. I was reaching for the regular, plain ol' plain ol' Bleach. Something caught my eye though - a Splashless variety!! While I don't have much of a problem with splashed Bleach, it never hurts to have an extra protection!!

After using it for about 4 months, I can this - that decision was the biggest mistake I have made in a long time.

**Using It**

When you use this Clorox Plus Splashless Bleach, you learn very quickly how much you really loved the regular variety. Why?

1) It foams - that's right. If you put it in at the very beginning of filling a bucket, you're going to have a LOT of foam. We're not just talking about bubbles here. It's foam. I don't want to fight through 2 feet of foam for just 1 bucket of water.

2) It smells - I know it sounds weird. Bleach has a very distinct smell to it. If you've ever walked into an animal shelter or a daycare, you know that smell. The Splashless Bleach smells like bad breath instead. It has a hint of the classic Bleach smell but it really smells like someone's breath after camping without toothbrushes for a week.

**Summary**

You can try it, but remember that when you hate it too that I warned you! Stick to the regular bleach and just pour carefully - I would rather take the extra 5 seconds it takes to avoid a splash-up than to use the Splashless Bleach again.

love it!

from Minneapolis, MN

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful

Cons

• Heavy

• Cleaning
  • Home

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

Clorox will never let you down- trusted & true -I love the smell of Clorox bleach- THAT is the smell of clean!

So, so great

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

Clorox Bleach--COX02450 has saved my family's lives, literally. Over the past few years I have gotten a bacterial infection called c. diff. It is an extremely difficult bacteria to kill - hand sanitizer does not kill it, and it will only die if you wash your hands with hot, soapy water for at least two minutes. It kills 40% of people who get it, and it is commonly caught in the hospital. I have had it eight times in the last few years. Bleach is one of the few things that can kill it, and it is extremely contagious. Therefore, each time I have tested positive, I have scrubbed down the bathroom after each use, and I wash almost every hard surface that I touch with it. I also bleach the sheets as well. Because of this, no one in my family has caught it.

It also works great in getting out stains in my white clothes. Sometimes if you let them sit too long, however, to pre-soak before washing, then it can stretch out and ruin elastic, and even eat holes in your clothes if you are not careful.

You can also use it to tie-dye colored shirts, which is fun.

The smell of bleach makes me have a horrible headache, and if I am exposed too long, it will make me throw up. This is just while I am cleaning. I then leave the windows open and it fades quickly.

I don't use this just for laundry.

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

I have always used Clorox liquid regular bleach as long as I can remember. I use it to keep my whites very white. I use it scrub my tub and toilet. Keeps my porcelain white. I use it to bleach the floor around where my cats litter box is, and I use it to disinfect my garbage can. The only thing I don't like is the strong lingering smell that it leaves behind.

Familiar, all-in-one, multi-purpose must-have bleach

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

I buy bleach for little else except doing my white colors laundry and occasionally pouring into drains where the strong bleach scent keeps insect pests like fruit flies from multiplying. Clorox Bleach seems to be one of the only products on the market that is purely bleach unless purchasing a laundry detergent with a bleach additive or as a cleaning agent for other jobs such as mopping floors. It is very effective and a must-have for keeping white laundry crisp and from becoming dingy. Clorox Bleach is very strong and should be added to hot water separately from the laundry after starting the washing machine, otherwise it can damage items through immediate contact. It should never be used with dark colors as it will streak the fabric. The cost per bottle is as low as .97, that makes it ideal for small laundry jobs, and to keep on hand without spending too much.

Simply The Best

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

Clorox is the best bleach to use while doing your laundry. It keeps all of my white clothes and towels bright and clean. I have tried store brand bleaches but in my opinion clorox works the best. I have found that some store brand bleaches makes my white clothes come out with a not so bright, yellowish color.

Clean!

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

I love this bleach, especially when my toddlers decide they want to stain up their clothing ten times a day! it takes the stains out the first go around! I also use this to clean various things, when I feel as if the whole house needs a disinfecting day!

The Best!

from North Augusta, SC

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

Nothing works better than Clorox bleach for getting stains out of clothes. Lots of clothes can handle bleach nowadays - not just whites. It also works great on floors. White tile will sparkle if you mop the floor with a bleach and water mixture. Just be sure you have proper ventilation.

Chlorox bleach makes foam

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

I put some chlorox in my small outdoor fountain to get rid of algae buildup and got a whole bunch of foam overflowing out of the fountain. I have used chlorox before without this happening. I had to completely empty the fountain and replace the water. A call to Chlorox revealed that they have added a surfactant to Chlorox, hence the words "Splash-less" on the bottom of the label. It is not listed as an ingredient on the label. The Chlorox spokesperson said that this Chlorox should NOT be used to treat water systems.

I thought Clorox was a stain fighter

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

Little League Baseball All Star team issues white baseball pants as part of the uniform. Dumb, yeah, but you see where this is going. The first tournament was played under extreme rain conditions. Let's say muddy pants is a mega understatement. Muddy with that red clay dirt that doesn't come out. Except, hello? Clorox says they get that kind of stain out.

I bought the Clorox, followed the instructions, I even doubled up on the bleach b/c I was skeptical. A whole load of laundry for one pair of pants. Smelled really clean when it was finished but they still had loads of brown stains on them. I mean, I think the normal detergent would have done just as well. I expected blazing white pants and got only disappointment. Well, you know, the "it's easy to overcome disappointment". My kid's baseball pants never got white again. Some other parents have had more success, but baseball coaches don't ask for laundry advice. Clorox Shlorox!

Best way to clean whites.

from Hopewell, VA

Comments about Clorox Liquid Bleach, Regular:

Despite what any laundry detergent says about bleach alternative, regular Clorox is the only way to keep your whites looking bright and clean. It gets out grass stains, blood, wine, anything. And it's a relatively cheap product, making it all the better.