Other Misc. Cleaning Products:
2997-87, 2995-87, 2995-06, 2995-06
Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket

Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket

Rubbermaid lasts long.

We bought 4 Rubbermaid Hip Hugger Laundry Baskets after we had our house fire to replace laundry baskets that got melted in the fire. One for each kid and one for me and the wife to share. Not even our three teenage kids have managed to break theirs yet and ours looks brand new. I complained about how much these cost but my wife said the insurace was paying so I should not bother to complain. Well I still think they were expensive but so far seem worth it as none have broken, cracked, or even got a scratch on it. Pretty durable things. I like the design as it can be held in one arm while resting on your hip and use your other arm for whatever, let's say chug a little hot sauce, yeah thats only for me but so what I like chuging hot sauce. I am careful, I have yet to wash a bottle of hot sauce along with our clothes. Besides there is probably enough hot stuff on my clothing that maybe it is not the detergant making my wife itchy but all the hot stuff that is coming off my clothes and getting on to hers. Maybe I need my own seperate basket after all.

Avoid the Cold

I have a wife and seven sons at home so you can comprehend the amount of laundry. Not to mention they all play sports and are the typical boys who come in with dirt and grease with an occassional worm or frog in the pockets.

This basket makes it easier to carry and open doors with one hand. The basket is slightly heavier but also decent quality for larger loads. I did find they are not cold resistant and when left in extreme cold become very brittle compared to other baskets and the plastic cracks easily. I know it is not the normal thing to do is leaving the basket outside in the cold but we also attempt to use winter sunshine to dry items and at times leave the basket out.

Makes carrying laundry easy.

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

The Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket is my absolute favorite basket to use. It makes carrying your laundry so convenient. There is a handle on one side, and the basked is curved so you can lean it against your hip while you hold the one handle. There is also the option of carrying it like a traditional laundry basket with two handles on the sides. I would say the only thing that doesn't always work great with this is that when I try to walk down the narrow stairways in the old farmhouse where I live, I cannot keep the basket on my hip. I have to turn it to the side. This isn't the fault of the basket...just a problem with older homes. This is just something to think about before you buy the basket.

This laundry basket is really sturdy, and I haven't had a single basket that cracked or bent. I make sure to only have this type of laundry basket. Because of the shape, you will only be able to stack them upon each other. The traditional rectangular baskets will not fit inside this basket.

So Handy

from TN

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

I love my Rubbermaid Hip-Hugging laundry basket, it has been a lot easier to handle than other laundry baskets I have had in the past, which were bulky and awkward shaped. The unique curve of this laundry basket makes it fit perfectly against my side.

Avoid Hip Jabs With Rubbermaid's Hip Hugger Laundry Basket

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

If I had a dime for every laundry basket I have destroyed, chances are I'd have more than enough for a frappuccino from Starbucks. The cheap ones end up with broken plastic slats on the side or the handles get cracks in them and the expensive ones can't handle being dropped down the steps a few times without getting deep, skin-pinching cracks in them.

The Hip Hugger from Rubbermaid is a well made basket but it isn't perfect. It is rectangular with a slight curve to it to make it easier to pop on to your hip when you are carrying it up and down steps or going from room to room collecting dirty clothing that you asked everyone to gather up for the past five hours.

The handles are reinforced so this can handle a good bit of weight but there is flex to the plastic and you will feel it start to wobble a little if you load this up with other items when you are going up and down stairs to save yourself a couple of trips.

Rubbermaid does back their products with a warranty against manufacture defects but if you are buying this in a retail store chances are you are going to spot any problems with it before you buy it. I buy these as well as the square laundry baskets from Sterilite because they are great in the corners of rooms for dirty clothing. I have one of these in the bottom of my closet in my bedroom and it fits perfectly but if that's your intention with it, make sure you measure your available area before you get one of these so you don't have to move clothes or other items to get the basket in and out of the closet.

My favorite laundry basket!

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

I have two of these laundry baskets, and I use them all the time, and I use them hard! I pile them as high as I can and they are wonderful! They are very well built, and durable! I have had so many laundry baskets that have broke, the handles aren't strong, and they don't last. I have had these for years (like at least 13 years) the oldest one I have, the one handle did crack but I have kept right on using it and eventually I just took the whole handle off but, it still works great :) I just use it without the one handle :) Once I have to retire this one I'm going to buy another one just like it! I love how easy they are to pick up, and how they rest so well on your hip. I think this design is absolutely wonderful! The price for this laundry basket is very reasonable and affordable! I would recommend this laundry basket to anyone that is looking for a good, strong one, that lasts long, and is easy to use!

best laundry basket I ever used

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

that is... until it got stolen!! I always used this laundry basket which I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond when I transport my dried laundry from the dryer back to my apartment. The curvature of the plastic is very convenient, since I often have lots of laundry and need better grip. But then it got stolen... it was too good.

Handy for your hip!

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

I love these Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger laundry baskets! I have one at my home that makes it easy to handle the laundry on one hip and my toddler on the other. Their ergonomic design fits my hip and my hand comfortably, and it is a sturdy plastic that has held up nicely. I also have one of these in my classroom. It's perfect for my students to throw their lunch boxes and coats in when we head to recess after lunch! They can handle it easily with the smooth handles, and it fits perfectly across their tummies as they hold the basket in front. I would definitely recommend these baskets...to mommies and to teachers!

I'm in love of this basket!

from Ontario, OR

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

This basket is not only extremely durable, it hugs to your hips well when carrying it and is really easy to use. I have never had one break on me, like those other flimsy types. It goes with me everywhere and has helped me clean even some of the messiest rooms.

Love this

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

This is very durable and easy to carry. I would reccomend this to anyone that needs something easy to handle.And it is a good price . And it has been easy to clean up.I like the way it hugs close to my hip.It Is just like carring a child on your hip

I love it!

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

I have used this basket for many years and will not go back to the old type. It makes going up and down stairs with wash so much easier. It is durable and holds a good size of clothing. I love it and hope it last for a long time!

Pretty good Basket

Comments about Rubbermaid Hip-Hugger Laundry Basket:

I bought this basket about a year ago and was one of my favorites untill the blue handle snapped off I was so mad. I dont understand what happened my clothes are not that heavy so I dont know why it would break like that. I am wanting to buy another one soon cause like I said it was one of my favorites :)