Other General Household Cleaners:
Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original

Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original

Pros

Cons

Unfortunately, I love Clorox Clean-Up with Bleach.

I'm a very eco-friendly consumer. Every single personal care item in my shower and medicine cabinet is all natural except for my toothpaste and contact lens solution. I buy organic baby food for my son and all of my cleaning supplies (besides disinfecting wipes & dryer sheets) are either Method or other natural brands, so it *really* pained me to have to buy an unnatural cleaning product (let alone one with bleach in it) to get rid of a mold issue I had in my shower. In case you aren't aware, bleach is bad because it kills plants, animals, fish and other wildlife in waterways. Yes, it's great for cleaning, but it is quite hazardous to our environment.

There was some mold in the corner of my shower on the white grout that I could not get rid of with natural products. I tried my Method Shower Cleaner and other all natural products, but it just wouldn't go away. I realized I needed something much more powerful, so I went to the store and bought **Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original**. I really didn't want to ruin the natural streak that I've been on for the last 3 years, but I *had* to get rid of the mold, so I acquiesced.

I hate to say it but **Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original** almost completely solved the mold problem in my bathroom. It is designed to remove surface stains in general, so now that I had this product, I was gonna put it to good use. I walked around my house and removed stains I thought were stuck there. It did really well on my kitchen counters and other surfaces in my kitchen and bathrooms too.

I hope I never have to buy another product like this, but I do have to admit, it works really well. If you have any tough stains, mold or mildew to remove, I think this would work great for you too.

Very effective but just cannot stand the smell!

This product does a GREAT job at removing stains and disinfecting my bathroom. One spray and rings on the tub, toilet stains, mold, food stains and any other pesky grime is completely gone. It often doesn't even require me to scrub down the area. It is great on the bathroom floors to make them shiny and new looking again. Fingerprints and dirt on walls and light switches can also be easily cleaned off. It works great to get everything in your bathroom very white and clean looking.

The problem I have with it that prevents me from regularly using this is the smell. It smells very strongly like bleach. I would expect this given that it says Clorox with Bleach however I didn't count on the smell lingering for hours and being so overpowering. It can be so strong that I would get headaches and start coughing, even when using this bleach in well ventilated areas. I also am somewhat concerned about the safety of the ingredients in this product and I noticed that this cleaner irritates my skin so I make sure to always use gloves when cleaning. However this still worries me about the health effects of the cleaner.

For this reason, I only occasionally use this Clorox cleaner with bleach in the bathroom and never near my food in the kitchen. I have since found cleaners that are almost as effective, but safer for me.

Good disinfecting cleaner

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

Clorox brand products are generally well-liked. Sometimes detergent and water is all you need to clean, but sometimes you need a good disinfectant. I like to clean the bathroom with a disinfectant, and Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach works quite well. The spray bottle allows you to conveniently dispense the product where you need it. It does gets a little sudsy, so I find I usually have to follow up with a water rinse, especially because I don't want bleach to be leftover. It may irritate the skin. I do find that if I don't wear gloves or don't wash my hands thoroughly after using the product that my skin does get irritated. The bleach scent can be quite strong, but doesn't linger. Clorox Clean-Up with Bleach is good for a variety of surfaces: counters, sinks, bathroom times, toilet, etc. It doesn't foam like some bathroom cleaners, and a bit of scrubbing is needed to remove soap scum. This product is best used for its disinfecting power.

Great bathroom cleaner

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

This is a great bathroom cleaner because it cuts through soap scum, dirt, stains and toilet messes quickly and sanitizes all of these areas at the same time. I really like the bleach because I know I am getting the best clean. This cleaner allows me to quickly remove stains without needing to scrub a lot or respray and rewipe over and over. I also use it to clean the tile floor around the toilet when my toddler misses the toilet. The bleach does a great job of removing odors and removing the mess that causes the odor. I don't like how strong the smell is because it is an unnatural smell. I also use this cleaner after tailgating to clean my coolers because it quickly removes dirt and stains.

This is a strong cleaner that cleans deep with bleach and the clean smell lasts a long time.

The scent is very strong and smells like bleach so I always open the window or door when using it because otherwise it's too much for me.

A good cleaner to have for tough jobs!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

I think that this Clorox cleaner does the job. I used to watch kids at a daycare and this was used everyday when I worked there to clean with. It was good for wiping down many surfaces. It does bleach clothes and material easily, so I would watch out for that. Otherwise it works great. It is good for taking out stains and killing all those germs hanging around. The scent isn't that great, but it is bleach so I wasn't expecting much in that area. It sprays out easily and is easy to use. I also use this at home. It works great in bathrooms and kitchens. I like that you don't have to do a bunch of scrubbing to get something clean. It doesn't take much work. You will want to wear gloves with this product though. All in all this is a great spray bleach. I would use this again.

This bleach spray works good on lots of surfaces and objects around the house. It does a good job of getting things really clean.

I don't like the smell, but it is bleach. It smells like bleach.

Great spray for bathroom cleaning

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

We bought Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach primarily to use for cleaning our bathroom. We live in an area, which has a lot of calcium in the water so our bathtub, the bathroom sink as well as the kitchen sink are in frequent need of decalcification. This product does a really god job of getting rid of all those small stains as well as of generally cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces in question. Next time, we will probably purchase a scented version of this product, since we are not crazy about the very chlorinated scent that this version has. But other than that, we are very happy with it and can definitely recommend it.

Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach is a very efficient cleaning product. It can be used for example for cleaning areas that need light decalcification such as the bathroom or the kitchen sink, as well as for something which needs a bit more thorough cleaning such as the toilet.

Chlorine never smells good. But you can definitely tell that you have been cleaning.

Great for small clean-ups!

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

This is a home must have product, because I consider it to be magic in a spray bottle. It is good for small clean ups as well as big messes. I keep several bottles in the home, particularly in the bathrooms and the kitchen, as well as the laundry area and the garage. Now that it is spring time, this product is very useful for freshening things up, and those things that may be heavily soiled.

The product works very well at getting rid of stains in counter tops on the first wipe. I usually spray down a surface and let it sit for some time before wiping the surface down. A plus to this product is you don't have to rinse after using it.

This products smells heavily of bleach and it lingers for a very long time after you are done cleaning. While that may be a plus in the eyes of some, it can sometimes clash with other scents and create irritation for the eyes and nose of some people.

One of the best cleaners that i use.

from Benton, PA

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

Clorox has been one of my favorites for general cleaning around the house and outside. It disinfects,cleans, whitens and gives me the feeling of doing the best for my home. My Mom used it mainly for laundry but, i have used to clean and brighten many things around my home. I especially like how it will bring back the white on things that have become disgusting from general use. This works well also on items that are colored also and bring it back looking like it is brand new.

can't beat the job this product will help you to do around the house, and give you the confidence you are doing the best you can. Although you do have to be very careful on what and how you use it. I have spotted quite a few of my shirts not realizing that the spray came back on me or i leaned into it.

the original is my favorite. Although some of the others have a scent that i like also. I can feel confident that my home smells good and love it when others notice it too.

I like using this to clean the kitchen.

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

The kitchen gets dirty so quickly all the time. Especially with my teenage brother-in-law. He usually makes a nasty mess in the kitchen. There are always coffee spills in the kitchen that stain the counter and sink. After cooking in the kitchen there are splatters of grease or sauce on the stove. The kitchen is a breeding ground for bacteria so I have been using the Clorox clean-up cleaner with bleach whenever I clean the kitchen. I spray some in the sink and let it sit in there while I clean up the counters. I like using it because it gets the stains off really good and makes the counter tops look clean and white. I also feel that all the nasty bacteria is gone when I use it.

The kitchen looks really clean when I use it and all the stains in the sink and on the counter are gone...until the next day of course.

I'm not a big fan of the scent though. I never really like the scent of bleach but when I do smell bleach, I know it's the scent of clean so that's good. I get a headache when I smell it so I just open the doors and windows to let it air out.

Another good Clorox product

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

I have always liked Clorox products because I just feel better about cleaning with products that also disinfect so well. Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach is an effective cleaner that also disinfects. I like using this product in the kitchen and bathrooms where I feel disinfecting is most important. This product has effectively cleaned all areas of these rooms to my satisfaction, and I especially like the clean Clorox smell. I have used similar products that cause me to have to rinse longer than clean just to get rid of the cleaner's residue, but that is not the case with Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner With Bleach - Original. I suppose the only reason I do not give this product a 10 rating is because I do not feel like I can use it on all surfaces like some all purpose cleaners for fear of the bleach possibly taking out the color of some materials, but I would still rather have the clean smell and disinfecting properties of this Clorox product, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Effective

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

I have used Clorox Products for 40 years because they work! This product is no exception. No it is not organic, and yes it is toxic but for some jobs green cleaners are just not effective. If you need to cut mildew stains on bathroom or kitchen surfaces this is probably my go to cleaner for that. It works great on those tough bathtub rings. Somewhat inexpensive, easy to find and does exactly what it is advertised to do which is bleach and disinfect what it comes in contact with. Be careful where you spray it because if you get it on you clothing or towels etc it will bleach them. The smell can be somewhat overwhelming if working in a small enclosed bathroom etc so ventilation is helpful. I also like to wear rubber cleaning gloves if I handle this product too much just to be safe as it can irritate your hands if you come in contact with it long enough. But with good judgement a very effective product.

Bleach scent is overwhelming.

Comments about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach - Original:

Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach-Original is the cleaner we keep my office at work. I spilled something on the counter, so I used this cleaner without realizing there was Bleach in it. This was such an overwhelming scent. It made the office smell like Bleach for the rest of the day. There was nothing I could do to get the scent off my skin.

Although it smelled terrible, it did a good job of cleaning the counter. Although it did clean the surface, I think any other cleaner would have done just as good of a job without the terrible smell.

This did a good job of cleaning the surface of my counter. Although it cleaned well, I think any other cleaner would have done the same job.

I absolutely hate the scent of this product. It is so overwhelming. When you clean with this, it makes you smell like Bleach for the entire day. When you clean small rooms with this cleaner, it makes it hard to stay in the room because it smells so strong.