Other Foundations:

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup

Pros

Cons

Just Right

I love Clinique foundation! Over the past few years my skin has changed.  Having a baby changes many things....  Clinique has been able to provide just the right foundation for my skin type and tone.  I have a difficult time finding matchin tones.  Yellow undertones are hard to match. LOVE THIS STUFF!

Not great lasting coverage

I use to use Clinique Superbalanced Makeup Liquid Foundation when I was younger because it was supposed to be made for sensitive skin. I noticed that the coverage was not that great with this foundation and that it also became a darker shade as you got near the bottom of the bottle. I also noticed that my face seemed to be extra oily and broken out while using this makeup. When I was younger I had red cheeks that I just hated and wanted nothing more than to cover them up! This foundation did not really provide me with the coverage I was looking for but I kept using it anyways because I absolutely hate changing makeup, especially foundations. I do not think that brand is actually for sensitive skin as it advertises because I always felt that it made m face more red. Another thing I did not like about the product was that the foundation did not stay in place. I felt by half way though the day it was all wiping off, especially in my oily t-zone area. Maybe this brand is made for a younger group of women but I know I will not be purchasing this brand of liquid foundation again.

amazing coverage, and very light weight,cant live without it

from Morocco , Nador selouane

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Lightweight
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish

Cons

• Acne-Prone or Oily Skin
    • Dry Skin
    • Full Coverage
    • Normal Skin

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

this foundation is my all time favourite, i just use a good moisteriser to help the foundation apply very smoothly and give it that healthy glow, this foundation has an amazing coverage and its easy to apply , you could either use your hands, beauty blender or foundation brush,it stays on all day, and its very light weight , the finish is very matt so i dont recommend using pouder to set this foundation, it already gives you that photoshoped effect , would totaly recommend it

• Skin Tone:
    • Medium

Great foundation!

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

I used this foundation for years and had a great experience with it. It looked really great on my skin. It is definitely high quality foundation from a high quality company. It worked wonders for my skin. It kept it really soft and smooth. It also went on really evenly. It did not leave my skin looking splotchy or like I had make up caked on. I had no lines around the edges of my face at all with this. It blends in really nicely. I would definitely recommend trying out this foundation. The only reason I stopped using it was because the price is a little high. It is high quality though. Therefore, you get what you pay for from it. It also lasts a long time so you do not have to buy it often. One bottle would usually last me around a month. It has a really nice scent to it as well. It is not overpowering but it makes your skin smell nice. I will go back to using this once my husband and I pay off some of our student loans.

Did not balance my skin tone

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

I bought this because I had been using many products in the clinique line. The clerk recommended that I give this a try. I have combination skin that becomes very oily as the day goes on. This foundation went on very well, I used the clinique foundation brush and it looked very even and made my pores look smaller. I noticed that it wasn't the best for coverage and as the day went on it seemed to make my skin produce even more oil. I had to use powder all of the time to keep my face from shining and at the end of the day my face felt heavy. I did not like the way this foundation made my skin look.
    I also live in Florida and the humidity can really play a big part in what foundation I use on my face. This foundation literally soaked into my pores and I felt like I did not have any coverage. The foundation is not very thick at all, it goes on very runny, almost like water.
    I was disappointed in this foundation as it was expensive also and just didn't produce results.

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup - affordable luxury

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

I remember clearly the first time I was exposed to Clinique Superbalanced Liquid Make-up. I was at a day spa in the United Kingdom and one of the perks my employer had offered to pay for at the spa, was a full face makeover. My make-up artist had such a luxurious array of foundations, concealers and pressed powders and the first to be applied was Clinique Superbalanced Liquid Makeup.

This liquid foundation matched my skin tone so perfectly, it actually looked like I wasn't wearing any - other than the fact that my usual skin blemishes were gone. Once applied, this makeup felt like the softest baby powder. My face felt expensive and "celebrity" like! It is a relatively thin liquid which enhances your skin so beautifully and because it is thin, it never cakes or cracks. When I perspired, it didn't show through - my complexion remained as cool as a cucumber.

I was thrilled to find out that all the products was sold at the Clinique counter at the spa and even better, when I relocated to America I found out that the major department stores all sold the Clinique range of superbalanced liquid make-up. It is comparatively quite expensive, but you can see the difference.

made my skin very oily

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

I have normally oily skin and this foundation just seemed to make my face a lot more oily. I tried the color ivory and it seemed to blend in well with my skin color but it had such a thin consistency that it didn't give me the full coverage I wanted. It didn't cover my dark circles or my acne scars. The only good thing about this foundation was it was a good match of my skin tone. It doesn't have a pump so I had to take off the cap and apply it on a sponge applicator, which wasn't good because sometimes too much came out. I noticed I got a few pimples on my chin and nose after using this a couple times, so I stopped using it right away. It clogged up my pores and it made me get more blackheads. I high recommend that if you want to try this foundation you get a sample first or have them test it on your face first because this foundation is a bit pricey. I wouldn't buy this foundation again and I don't recommend it to anybody.

Ingredients Changed!?

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

Cinique Superbalanced Makeup used to be the only foundation I ever bought. For years and years I loved this product. I loved the price, the coverage, and the fact that it was fragrance free.

Sometime ago they changed the ingredients tho, and I know longer love it. I am very disappointed. The coverage has changed, as well as the product. Now it is is very dry, and I need twice as much to cover the same area. The product now has a very light, scent to it. Nothing over-powering, but definitely a scent, and it bothers my eyes & nose.

The price is very reasonable for the amount of product you receive. I would definitely recommend it, but I just wish they would change the ingredients back to what they used to be. They have a wide variety of colors for many different skin types. I have tried several of the shades hoping they would work, but they just don't. I still buy Clinique products, and will continue to forever.

Cool Clinique

from Edina, MN

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup is a great product, along with the other products that Clinique offers. They have a great selection that is beneficial for many if not all skin types. This foundation is great as a small amount goes a long way. If you want a little more coverage you just apply a little more. It is great because it hydrates your skin and helps keep it smooth, but does not cause breakouts or irritation. I have oily skin so sometimes it is hard to find a foundation that works for me. This has been fine though, and lasts a long time as well. You do not need to reapply during the day. Its a good price for the amount you get, as it lasts a long time. I also like that it comes in a glass bottle, I think this preserves the ingredients for longer and helps to keep the color even and germs out. Clinique has high quality products and you really cannot go wrong with them.

A good product!

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

There are a few good things and a few bad things about Clinique Super Balanced Makeup. It has medium coverage which covers most dark spots and it goes on very smooth. On the down side, there is so little makeup in the container. I have dry skin but this makeup made my face look greasy within an hour. I find it expensive for the size of it. If I didn't have a coupon for it I probably would not have bought it. I was not fond of this makeup and I would not recommend it.

Makes a bad skin day a good one

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

I got this one a couple of months ago and I am really happy with it. As a student it was a little pricey for me, but efter using it I realize that it is going to last for a long while - this is good stuff and not much is needed each time. I make a point of using a primer underneath; it makes this foundation blend seamlessly with my skintone. Definitly recommended. If you have oily skin you will still get oily throughout the day, this product does not control for shine (at least not for me), so bring your powder with you if you are concerned about shine later in the day. Your skintone will still look great though - it smoothes out the small imperfections. As an aside, I'm not sure about the glass bottle. It is heavy to travel with, and I wonder how I'll get the last foundation out once it's getting more empty. Not exactly a tube to squeeze. The glass seems durable though - I dropped the bottle once and it was fine.

I LOVE IT!

Comments about Clinique Superbalanced Makeup:

I love this makeup! It is so light that you can hardly tell it's there but it evens our my skin tone wonderfully and lasts all day long. It is a bit expensive compared to other brands, but it is worth it. I have tried the others and they are either too heavy or don't last.