Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild

Pros

Cons

Great Cleanser!

So I have been using this cleanser for years. I started using the bar form at first. When the liquid version came out, I was really excited because they bar form was really unsanitary. I use this soap everyday before I go to bed. It cleanses and gets all my makeup and oil/dirt off my skin. The only thing is it leaves my face a little dry. I always follow with the clarifying lotion 2, and the dramatically different moisturizing lotion, so it is not too much of a problem. Another thing that took some getting used to is the amount of soap that comes out with one pump. It is way more than you need. I usually just use half a pump now. With the full pump it will go on thick and you will have a ton left on your hands. Other that that, it is a great cleanser. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin like other cleansers can. It also does not have a strong scent or anything, just a nice soothing cleanser!

Not worth the price!

Clinique Clean Mild Facial Soap is just an average cleaner.

Clinique Clean Mild Facial Soap is just an average cleaner.

After using this product I realized that it only washes away some of the dirt.  I wash my face 2x a day.   Yet after washing my face with this product I would still get dirt off of my face with the astringint.

This product is great if all you are going for is soft skin.   However if you want clean clear skin this is not the product you want to purchase.  I leaves alot of dirt on your face and doesn't control mild breakouts.  For the price of this product I would expect it to have some kind of blemish control and be able to remove all of the grime yet it does't do that.

I tried this product as part of a kit, and after using the entire contents of the bottle the end result was soft skin.  There was still dirt on my face, black heads, white heads, and during the course of using this product would still have frequent breakouts.  In conclusion I would say that I didn't get what I was paying for with this product.

A clean face and a cleaner bathroom sink

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

For years I have used the Clinique facial bar soap as part of my daily skin care routine. I really dislike the mess and inconvenience of bar soap and want to eliminate it entirely from my household. In advance of the latest Clinique Bonus Time at a local department store I searched on Clinique’s website for an alternative to the bar soap. I found Clinique Liquid Facial Soap and thought it might be a viable substitute.

When I spoke to the representative at the Clinique counter, she told me that the liquid facial soap was essentially the same as the bar soap just in a different formulation. I can’t remember how much it costs, though I’m sure it was a little more than the bar soap. The representative advised me that just a small amount would get my face clean. I went with the mild formula since that is what I used in the bar soap. I used it as soon as I got home. I found the pump to be very easy to use, allowing me to dispense just a small amount of soap. In fact, I needed to use two small pumps to get a decent amount of lather. I have been using the liquid facial soap for about two weeks now and have been pleased. Just like the bar soap, it gently cleanses my skin without irritating it. I was so happy to throw the gooey soap dish and the last tiny sliver of bar soap away. Perhaps the bottle of liquid soap won’t last as long as the bar soap, but that’s a small trade off for my cleaner countertop.

No discernible scent, which is a good thing to me.

• Ease of Application:

Clean rinsing, non stripping cleanser

from Ashland, KY

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

I started using Clinique Facial Soap Mild (with dish) on and off depending on the season and my cash flow many many years ago, probably about twelve years or so ago. I love that it comes with a little dish perfectly sized for it to helping to keep it clean and more sanitary. This is a soap that doesn't lather a whole lot, a sign of a good less irritating soap because the products that really lather up contain things to make them lather up that can really strip and hurt your skin. When I used it to wash my face the first time and saw it wasn't overly sudsy in my hands, I knew it was going to feel good on my skin, but would it really clean well as well? The answer is yes. It cleans my skin, does not clog my pores, does not irritate, does not strip of essential moisture. It simply cleans and when I am done, my skin does not feel tight or dried out, even if for some reason I have to wait a bit before I am able to apply a serum and/or moisturizer. My only issue is with price.

The only facial soap I use is Clinique Mild Facial Soap

from Provo, UT

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

I love this Clinique soap for my face. I have overly sensitive skin and this makes it feel so wonderful as part of my facial cleansing process!  It is a bit on the expensive side, but the large bar of soap definitely lasts me half a year or more as you don't need a lot to build up suds on your face and get it clean.  It makes my face feel fresh and clean and my pores clear.  I don't feel oily afterwards, nor like I have dry skin.  Just CLEAN!  The soap container is very nice and covers it well so that the soap doesn't get all over your counter or drawer and it slides open and closed easily.  It has a mild scent that is not overpowering, in fact if you want to call it a "scent" at all, it really just smells CLEAN again.  I use this daily as part of the Cinique 3 step facial cleansing system and the soap is the most important part.  I love to use it every evening after clearing off make up before I go to sleep.

Great cleanser

from Medford, MA

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

What I love about Clinique products is the fact that they are fragrance free. This cleanser has worked just great and it has done its job in cleansing my face and keeping my skin clear. I bought this as part fo the three step skin care program, which follwos up the cleansing with toner and lotion. However, I think this cleanser works fine by itself and I would probably use it on its own without the rest of the products. It's mild and light. One pump for me works just great and I just slather it all over and give it a little rub and and I rinse it off. The only problem I have with it is that it would have done the same job as any other cleanser from the drug store for half the price. I'm not sure if I would be spending the money for this again when I can get a less expensive alternative, like Neutrogena. I bought this to use purely for experimental and curiosity purposes, but it was good to try it out anyway.

Fragrance free

• Ease of Application:

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap cleans up!

from Oviedo, FL

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

I have been using Clinque Liquid Facial Soap - mild formula, for about 3 years. I love it Clinique because their products are developed by dermatologists with skin health in mind, and I don't want to wash up with anything else. It comes in a nice pump bottle which keeps counters neat and clean- I love that! The bottle is tall and slim and fits on my shower shelf. The pump allows you to dispense the exact amount that you need without any waste. You only need a small amount of this soap because it lathers up rich and thick. It easily cleans off makeup and doesn't leave a residue behind. This liquid soap costs a bit more than facial soaps that you can purchase at a drug store, but you usually get what you pay for. I use less of the Clinique than the cheaper soaps anyway, so you may not have to replace your soap as frequently.My skin always feels fresh, clean and smooth afterward. The gentle formula doesn't dry out your skin or leave it feeling tight, and I would definitely recommend it for people with sensitive skin.

Cleans very well and doesn't leave a residue.

Ease of Application
Easily pumps out of the bottle.

No strong scent.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild is ok

from Connecticut

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

I have a bottle of this facial soap that came in a little clinique kit. I don't think there is anything wrong with the facial soap. I have sensitive skin and it has worked fine but my face never feels that clean feeling after using it and I also don't feel refreshed after using it. Maybe it is too mild but it is more expensive than I would want to pay for a product that doesn't leave my face feeling clean. I don't think the product is worth the price and I probably wouldn't ever buy this product again. It may be a good product though for people who have extremely sensitive skin and cannot use anything else on their face. I would use a different cleanser as there are cheaper cleansers out there that have left me feeling more clean and refreshed compared to this one.

Clinique Facial Soap, AMAZING

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

Let me start by saying I have super sensitive skin. almost EVERYTHING that I've used to wash my face has caused me to either break out or my skin to get itchy and dry. I've tried cetaphil before witht eh recommendation of my dermatologist but the wash did not clean very well and I wear foundation and waterproof mascara. Let me tell you, this facial soap cleaned off EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING. I received a sample in a promotion package and one day decided to try it. I squeez out from the tube about a size of a pea, lather it up with water and wash my face. in one wash, all of my make up came off and I know it did because I cleaned my face with a toner later and the cotton was clean. The smell is very faint, almost none existant but very pleasant. the texture is great and best of all, it did not dry my skin out no matter how many times i wash my face per day. I can't get enough of it, so try it, you won't regret it

This Clinique face wash is the best I've found

from Davenport, IA

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

I have very sensitive, acne-proned skin and have been looking for a good face wash for many years. I needed a face wash that was gentle, fragrence-free, and yet got my skin completely clean. I had used a lot of other cleansers that were gentle, but didn't actually leave my face feeling clean. This face wash has done just that. It leaves my face feeling clean and smooth and not dried out. I live in cold weather and I appreciate that this product doesn't leave my skin stripped dry of all moisture. I've used this product twice a day for the last several years and really love it. It lathers well, so I don't need to use very much. One bottle lasts about 6 months for me. It is a bit expensive, but I always buy it during bonus time so I get free goodies! My only complaint is that they don't sell a travel-sized bottle of this. The lid twists to one side to lock, but has come open during travel and is rather big and bulky to take along on a trip.

Great mild cleanser!

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

I really love Clinique liquid face soap mild (I use dry combination). I use the whole three step system and have for years. So, I do not have a lot to compare this to because this product is so great I have only been using it. I have normal skin (oily in the t-zone and dry cheeks) and love this cleanser because it removes the oil and dirt from my skin without being too drying on my cheeks. It love this product rather than the soap in the dish because it is much more sanitary. However, the pump does pump more soap than you need. So, try just using half a pump. It is a little expensive, but I feel it is totally worth the money. It cleans great! I love it! Also, clinique often has gift with purchase offers, so you can usually get a gift if you purchase it during that time. I feel that the bottle lasts a really long time. I highly recommend this cleanser to everyone. You won't be disappointed.

Clinique's Mild Facial Soap is gentle and effective

from Johnston, IA

Comments about Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild:

I have been using Clinique's Clean Facial Soap Mild formula for about 2 years and couldn't be happier with it! I use this on my face every night to remove my makeup and/or the days grime away. One pump is all you need to work into a handful of rich foam that easily washes away dirt/grime/makeup. The formula doesn't bother my skin. I developed very sensitive skin about 6 years ago and all other facial cleansers I used caused my skin to break out in a rash. I have not had to deal with any rashes or dry skin after switching to the Clinique Clean Facial Soap Mild formula. The bottle comes with an easy to use pump top that locks into place with one click which is ideal for travel. I highly recommend this product for anyone who suffers from dry, sensitive skin. I have tried MANY other brands that claim to be sensitive skin friendly and none of them even come close to working as well as Clinique's Mild formula Facial Soap. This works just as well as the prescription cleanser I received through my dermatologist and costs a fraction of the price.