3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Wow Clearasil really works in just 4 hours.

I didn't want to believe it when I saw all the commercals about Clearasil's 4 hour rapid action treatment cream but boy was I wrong. I thought that I would give it a chance to see if it would even do anything for me because I am prone to horrible acne, and it actually did it reduced the redness and the size of each blemish in just 4 hours.I was so impressed that I was without words that after just one tube of the product I could actually see clearer skin for once in my life. I am 23 years old and this was the first time that I have found a product that actually worked for me. For me being a busy mom it was harder to find the time to start a new acne regiment and stick to it but with this product I found that it was easiest to apply it everything I would go in to the bathroom for anything. I have the habit of having a tube of it in my purse that whenever I am out running about that everything I go to the bathroom to check my hair or makeup I can put a little on. Another great thing about this product is that is comes in a vanishing formula and a tinted formula. I personally use the vanishing formula but with the tinted it mask the look of your acne while it works.

Clearsil Ultra works well for awhile.

Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream tends to work in the beginning and then fades away. I bought this because products that are intended more for adults were not working. At first it was great. I would get a pimple and the Clearasil would shrink it practically as I watched. That may be because I have not used a product with benzoyl peroxide in a long time. But now it takes awhile and sometimes does not seem as though it is having any affect. I know that sometimes your body can build up a tolerance to a product and it will not longer work. If that is the case, than I did it pretty fast. I know that it would probably be best for me to keep two or three topicals on hand so that I can immediately switch products once one seems to no longer be working, but I don't. I just wish that someone would make a spot cream that would last for more than a month. So I am not sure that Clearasil Ultra is alone in that fact that it will work initially and then not work after a month or so. Another thing to be aware of is that since this has benzoyl peroxide, it will bleach out your shirt or towels if you do not make sure that it is completely rinsed from your hands prior to touching anything. This requires soap as well. In the end, I would recommend this, but be prepared that it may only work for 30-60 days before you have to switch to another product, and then you may be able to go back to it and have it work again.

Absolutely Not

from Huntington Beach, CA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

Cons

• Ineffective
    • Irritates Skin

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I applied a thin layer of this to some acne I had going on in my face, and this product made my skin irritated and now I'm having even more breakouts. I'm not allergic to anything, but somehow this product was INEFFECTIVE.

Nope doesnt work for me

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

It does not work for me so I am disappointed in this product. I have tried other products from the same brand but it never works for me. I have combination skin and maybe they are leaning more towards normal skin and acne prone skin. For me, acne pops up only when I eat oily stuff like pizzas or american-chinese food. Other than that I don't really get acne.
      The item does nothing to heal my acne fast, it is as slow as me not applying chemicals to my face. Even putting toothpaste on my face make it heal faster than this product. The scent is its usual scent as with its other products.
      The price is not that low as well, for that price I would like i mentioned, rather buy toothpaste and put it on my pimple since it works as well anyway.
      The only product in their range I would recommend against this is their tinted acne treatment cream, at least it is colored so it would hide the pimple and cross your fingers that it is actually working magic on your pimple.

Not that incredible

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I was expecting more than the results that I got. I was excited to try clearasil's newest product. Thinking it would reduce my blemishes incredibly quickly. Instead I found it took the same amount of time as it usually does for a breakout to go away

Not too impressed

Effective

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I used this mostly as a spot treatment cream and I found that it was very effective for my problem areas and acne that has already popped up. It didn't dry out my skin like others have and was easy to use. I use it twice a day in the morning when I get up and at night before I go to bed. I find that I do notice a difference between when I went to bed and when I get up in the morning. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a spot acne treatment.

I used it in addition to a face cleanser, and it was effective when used in addition to it.

Ease of Application
      It is as easy as any other acne treatment cream to apply. I do it easily twice a day.

Convenience
      I would use it twice a day in the morning and before bed. It was easy and convenient.

Side Effects
      I never had any negative side effects from using this acne cream.

Immediacy
      It was pretty fast working. I would notice a difference from using it overnight and also from the beginning to the end of the day.

Somewhat effective

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I bought it this month and use it whenever there is a acne on my face. This product can help to reduce the acne. It is somewhat effective. But the effect is not that obvious as it is advertised "vanishing in 4 hours". I recommend this product for those whose acne is not severe.

• Immediacy:

Been using this for years!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I've been using this cream, or one of its many variations, for more than 5 years now. I use it after washing my face every night. Although it seems to be indicated for a breakout, I use it as a maintenance measure. My family knows I swear by this stuff and so they got me a couple of tubes as stocking stuffers.

I always wondered how effective this cream was, and so I stopped using it for a month. After a month, I had an awful breakout all over my forehead, which this cleared up after three days of treatment.

As I've gotten older, I have found that it's not as effective as it used to be, but it still seems to do the job. I know that in the past, I've noticed some irritation from the cream, but those were usually the days when I would use it in the mornings, as well, and forget to apply my sunscreen.

This is also one of the creams I make sure my friends use when they're breaking out. I have yet to see it not work on them.

Amazingggg

from Denver, CO

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

So I've tried a lot of things like Neutragina, Murad, Biore, Clean and Clear ... Basically everything I even tried to go to a demotoligist and get a medicated acne topical but it was WAY too expensive. Anyways, so I figured I tried everything why not try this. So I bought it and When I got home I first put a super hot rag on my face to open the pores and pre-washed my face with an apropcout expholiating scrub so dry skin wouldn't slow down the process. Then I washed my face with the Clearasil 4 hour and right away I saw a glow to my face and it felt kind of dry but clean and I put the clearasil 4 hour toner, then lotion and my face felt AMAZING. I couldn't stop smiling. Anyways about 2 hours later the pimples on my forehead had reduced dramatically by size and there was no redness. It was Amazing!

Reduces blemishes

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I can't honestly say that it visibly reduces spot size and redness in as little as 4 hours as it claims on the tube, but it does help in clearing up blemishes and acne in size and redness. I usually dab a little bit of the cream at the first sight of a blemish or acne or if i "feel" something is going to pop up on my face, which usually ends up showing in a couple hours if I feel it coming on. I guess I can feel it because I'm so sensitive. It can be very drying if you put too much or too often, which I've learned after my face got all inflamed. It has 10% benzoyl peroxide, so you can't go too crazy with it, it's very strong stuff. I put a little bit, and I tend to stay away from the eye area and the mouth area. I've learned that the skin underneath your eyes are very delicate and thin, so you don't want to put this harsh cream underneath your eye area because it will dry it out and irritate it. Also, I don't put it too close to the mouth area, because it will cause your mouth area to get dry and it will start to crack and peel. Even after I put moisturizer on, it would still get all flaky which drove me nuts! So I stick with the oily t-zone, nose, chin, cheeks, forehead. I have noticed that you have to use it consistently for it to work effectively. Alot of times I would use it if it really bugs me and I remember to put it on. Once I start getting lazy and not applying it consistently, it would stop working and the acne/blemish would come back. So you have to remember to treat it as soon as you notice something on your face, put only a little bit of it, and keep reapplying gradually as your skin gets used to the cream. It does work, but I can't say that it does that in 4 hours. It's not a miracle cream, but it does help you out when you need it. I also like that it's a vanishing cream, so you won't have white marks on your face. If your face gets super dry after applying, remember to moisturize afterwards when your face has dried. It helps in keeping your face hydrated and not inflamed/red.

Works for most people... maybe a difference after 4 hours.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I have this stuff on hand when something sudddenly sneaks onto my face. Blemishes can just show up overnight, and that's when I use this 4 hours Clearisil. In store, the price seemed pretty expensive but I thought if they advertised a difference in 4 hours, it might be worth it. After some testing, I can't say that blemishes look less red in their claimed 4 hour period. Perhaps I could get the result if I applied the cream a couple times during 4 hours? I'm not sure, but I don't think the product works that fast. Even if it doesn't work in that amount of time, I do think this is a good product. It does work, expecially when I put it on right at the first sign of a blemish. If I forget the night before, then the effectiveness seems to decrease, but that might be natural.

Overall, it does the job and I don't know of any other product that works better. As for their four hour claim, I can't say it's true but it seems to be the case for other reviewers.

Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment, not so rapid.

from Traverse City, MI

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream:

I am very disappointed with this product.  The Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment claims that after four hours the pimple will be smaller and less red.  I have been using this product for the past few months and with each use, I have not experienced a reduction in redness or smaller pimples. My pimples also have not gone away quicker.  In some cases, my acne has actually gotten bigger after use.  While I do not think the product increased the size of my pimple, it certainly did not reduce it, as advertised.  In fact, I think this product does more harm than good to my skin since it dries out the area around my pimple and does not rapidly reduce the pimple appearance or size.  The Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment is expensive when compared to other pimple reducing creams or gels.  If it actually worked as it says it should, I would be willing to pay the money for it.  This will not be an acne fighting product I will purchase again.