3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Removes surface oil and unclogs pores

I have spent 15+ years trying to find a product that unclogs pores, and this scrub is simply the best drugstore brand cleanser on the market. While it still doesn't remove the oil trapped deep down inside pores, it removes more surface build up than anything else I have tried. I stopped having frequent breakouts after my teenage years, but my skin is still very oily as an adult and causes my pores to become clogged very quickly. Clearasil products have 2% Salicylic Acid and are somehow better at reducing oil than products with similar ingredients.

My experience with facial cleansers is that Salicylic Acid works better for oily skin, blackheads, and enlarged pores. It is an exfoliator that works by loosening and breaking down trapped oil, which is the root cause of enlarged pores. I have not had much success with Benzoyl Peroxide because it is meant more for acne caused by bacteria. It works by oxidizing the skin and killing the bacteria, which works really well for pimples but not so great for oil clogged pores.

I think the best way to tell if this scrub will work for you is to figure out which type of acne you have. If it is really messy, inflamed looking, or painful then you might consider Benzoyl Peroxide (unless it is too harsh for your skin). If your skin is more like mine with primarily small bumps, enlarged pores, and some blackheads then Salicylic Acid is probably a better choice. It is much less harsh than Benzoyl Peroxide so there is less chance of irritation, dryness, itching, and flaking. Salicylic Acid is also more convenient because it doesn't stain fabrics.

I really like using a scrub because it breaks down oil buildup much better than foam or gel cleansers with the same active ingredients. It never dries my skin out like some foaming cleansers can, but I know that some people have had the opposite experience with these cleansers. I guess it's more of a personal preference. I've also found that Clearasil just plain works better than other similar products, so I've come to believe that their ingredients must be of a higher quality. I've spent a lot more on prescription products that didn't even work as well, so Clearasil is really a good value for the money.

Clearasil Clearing Scrub worked okay.

As a person who struglles with acne, I try out many products. Some of them I dislike strongly, some I love. But then there are ones in between that I think work okay or they would work better for someone else than they do with me. That is the case with this product here.

Clearasil is a brand I have tried before. I have liked some of their products and this one was one of them. This scrub is very easy to use, smells good and works to a certain degree. I loved the smell!! It has a very nice scent. And I did like how it worked. It just wasn't enough for me. I have to use something pretty strong for my acne. I think someone who has less problems with acne would be able to use this just fine.

And I realize too that this is not like a cleanser or a treatment. It is only a scrub but I still had problems with breakouts pretty bad while using it. I would use itevery other day and I used the cleaner and the leave on treatment. I am currently using another product from another company and it is helping much better than this one did.

Please understand though that someone else could use it with totally different results. I am not condemning it, just telling you my experience while using it.

Great Cleanser!

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

Very nice cleanser, it feels great on your skin and once you wash it off it leaves your skin feeling fresh, smooth, and clean. It also helps to get rid of and prevent blemishes on your skin.

Very effective at getting rid of blemishes, belmishes are gone in a matter of days, and it also helps to prevent new one's from coming up.

Ease of Application
Very easy, it just wipes right on like a lotion, scrub it into your skin and then wash right off, couldn't get easier than that!

Convenience
It's not something you could take with you on the go and use throughout the day if you wanted to do that, but it's great if all you're wanting to use it for is to wash your face daily then it's very convinient.

Side Effects
I have never experienced any side effects from using this product, and I used it for a very long time.

Immediacy
Like I said before, the blemishes you have already go away within a few short days, and it starts working to prevent new blemishes from coming up immediately.

• Immediacy:

Way too drying, made acne worse

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

As someone who has struggled with acne for years, I am always on the lookout for new products. I was in need of a new cleanser and tried to sell this affordable Clearasil Ultra Acne scrub. It also had the active ingredient 2% Salicylic Acid and claimed to be fast acting.

Upon using this scrub, I immediately noticed the chemical/medicinal smell. Very unpleasant. The texture of the scrub was nice, not too thick or thin.
However after use of this scrub, my face felt incredibly tight and dry. I woke up the next morning to flaky skin under my eye area. I thought this occurred because I didn't use moisturized so the the next night I used the cleanser and this time applied moisturizer in hopes it would help. However even with the use of moisturizer, this scrub totally dried out my skin and I woke up to more flakes. My acne became worse than ever and my face felt irritated, dry, and itchy. I discontinued use immediately.

Because of the above reasons, I do not recommend this scrub to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

A good quick fix

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

When I first started using this I found that it started to reduce the redness and size of my acne significantly and relatively fast. However, I think my skin became accustom to it and it became less effective as time went on.

It was definitely effective at first but my skin became accustom to it quite quickly. Now I only use it when I'm having bad break outs, not as an everyday product.

Ease of Application
It's just like any other basic face wash, i little goes a long way and if you do use a lot it can be quite drying, so I'd just be careful of that.

Convenience
It's very convenient to have around if your breaking out and it's a nice little size to travel with too.

Side Effects
Besides the dry skin that comes from most face washes with a high salicylic acid percentage, I didn't really find it to have any side effects.

Immediacy
This is the most immediately effective face wash I have used. Within one or two days of using it I found it to be positively effecting my breakouts.

Acne Scrub

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

I saw on a commercial that this was dermatologist recommended for teens with persistent acne. I was fourteen when I first tried it and it was really great. As a young teen I had typical acne that seemed to be everywhere. I constantly had random break outs and around that time of month it would get especially bad.

My moderate acne was really persistent and it took about two weeks to see big changes. The first thing was reduced redness. The second was reduced swelling. Then finally once those two things were taken care of the rest seemed to fall into place. Pretty soon after I had gotten into the routine of daily use which I cannot stress enough, I was tending to really small bumps and adding to my prevention of future bumps. Obviously this boosted my confidence as a young adult. This product got me all through my teens and I'm very thankful for it.

Side Effects
No noticeable side effects.

Didn't do much.

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

I found the Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub to be effective only as an exfoliate. It's good if you have dry skin and need to scrub your face to get the dead skin off. However, I didn't notice much of a difference with acne. I felt like it burned my face a little too much and it was uncomfortable. I would much rather not irritate my face instead of using this!

Not very good.

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

I used Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub briefly a few years ago, just to try out different types of acne remedies, and I'll have to say... I was not impressed. The exfoliating aspect of the scrub was not bad, I'm sure it does a good job clearing away dead skin from your face, but I didn't notice much of any improvement in my acne problems at all while using this product. Also, the smell is entirely unappealing and the scrub dried out the skin on my face significantly. I do not recommend this product to try to treat acne. Maybe just as an exfoliator it would be good, but watch out for skin drying out. Neutragena has a grapefruit-scented scrub that is similar to this product and much more effective and enjoyable to use, but if you really want to treat the acne itself, try a benzyl-peroxide based product like AcneFree.

Not at all effective in treating acne from my experience.

Side Effects
Tends to dry out skin.

Didn't work for me.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

I've heard some good thing about Clearasil from my friends and family, but for me, the whole company doesn't really do it for me. The products are overpriced in my opinion, and they don't really work. It definitely dries out my skin, and even when I apply a ton of lotion, it doesn't really help. I would rather use another brand, such as Clean and Clear, which actually works.

It didn't really help clear up my acne at all, and it really dried out my skin. Overall, it's really not worth it. I don't like the brand Clearasil. I know they have a good reputation, but honestly, it's not worth the money.

Side Effects
It dried out my skin like no other, and I could only use it once or twice every week because if I used it more often than that, it would make my skin red and blotchy.

Immediacy
It didn't really help clear up my acne, but it did reduce the redness of the pimples. It did, however, make my skin more red in the areas that I didn't have acne, and it dried it out a lot.

Great for all ages

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

This cleanser gently scrubs away all oil and dirt particles on your face without leaving an oily residue behind as other products tend to do.

I love the way my face feels clean and refreshed after using this product. I have been using this for at least 20 years. I was introduced to it by a male friend, and it has become a staple for my family. I also used it in the morning due to extreme oil on my skin. Even though I am now an adult, I still use it at night,

Ease of Application
It is so easy in that all you do is pull your hair back, wet your hands, and apply a small amount to your face. After fently scrubbing, wash off completely. You will notice how clean it looks and feels.

Convenience
The tube is small enough to fit in your handbag or carry on, yet large enough to last for a long time!

Side Effects
I experience no ill side effects, just clean and refreshing skin.

Immediacy
You will notice an immediate result of freshness which tells you your face is clean. Continue to use to clear up any blemished. Never go to bed with makeup again after using this product!!

Kinda works

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

I have been using this scrub for quite some time now. I also use it in conjunction with the Clearasil Ultra Face Wash. This scrub has been just an okay product for me. It exfoliates somewhat well and smells pleasant , but it did not give me the totally clear skin result I had hoped for. While it has not made my acne worse, it has not seemed to clear up my skin all that much or prevent any future acne. I am still searching for a better scrub.

Kept the pimples at bay

Comments about Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub:

I like this scrub. It has sort of a pepperminty scent that almost covers up the medicinal smell of it and it leaves my skin kind on tingly in a pleasant way after I use it. It dries my skin out just a little bit but not so much that I needed to stop using it. It did help clearing up my pimples and keeping new ones from forming so it's definitely something I'd recommend to anyone looking for an over the counter mild to moderate acne solution.

The Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub absolutely helped get rid of my pimples and kept new ones from forming almost all the time. There were still a few that made it to the surface, but the number was greatly reduced.

Ease of Application
It comes in a nice, thick cream that mostly stays where you want it to but I noticed a little strong smelling liquid would leak out too whenever I used it, like the ingredients had seperated. I started shaking it before use and I think that helped mix everything back together again.