Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream

Pros

Cons

Great Job

When I first purchased this product I had a bad acne problem.  I would get these hard painful pimples near my jaw line that would mainly be fluid filled.  I have tried many products over the last several years and have never been totally satisfied with the results.  Because it would seem like after about 3 months the product would just stop working, howeve I have now used Clearasil StayClear Acne Treatment Cream for 6 months and it still is working.  This is a product that I can but do not have to use on a daily basis.  I currently am just having to use when I those painful pimples first appear.  Most often I can apply the cream to the effective area after I wash my face at night, go to bed and leterally the next morning the pimple is either completely gone or it is small is size and no longer painful.  I have never had to use the product on the same pimple more than 3 nights in a row.  I was first very cautionous with this item because I have very sensitive skin.  So far so good.  I have even used this product on my 8 year old daughter's face who will occassionally have a pimple or 2 appear on her check, with no problems what so ever.  This product is not only used during the night but you can also use it during the day time.  I however, have not had to do so.  I would highly recommend this product because it really does do what it says it will do.

Clearasil Vanishing Acne Treatment does not vanish!

I tried Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream as a spot treatment for the occasional pimple I get on my chin and along my hairline. It is a benzoyl peroxide acne medication that you apply topographically one to three times a day. I was disappointed in the product, because although it claimed to be a "vanish," the white cream never really blended into my skin. It always left a visible white residue no matter how much I tried to rub it in. In the end, I resorted to putting it in spots on any large pimples right before bed, letting it dry and stay on overnight, and washing it off in the morning. Still, it did nothing to reduce the size or redness of my pimples. The only effect was that it dried out my skin.

If you are like me and have skin that gets pimples but also dries out easily, I would recommend you go with a salicylic acid acne spot treatment as opposed to a benzoyl peroxide one. Also, I personally prefer the clear gel ones, because they are not visible after you put them on, so they can be used at any time of the day.

Great product for spot treatment at a great price

from West Virginia

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

I love these little tubes of spot treatment. When I get breakouts, I can use it very lightly over the affected area to treat and dry out the few bumps that are clustering or I can use it as a spot treatment when one huge bump pops up to ruin my day.

I wouldn't recommend this for full coverage of areas. It dries my skin out after a couple days. It says it's safe to apply two or three times a day but I wouldn't apply more than twice. It's still overdrying for me twice a day but I love the affect it has on the redness and swelling of pimples so much that a little dryness and flaking is hardly a concern. I always put a little moisturizer on after using it to tame the dry skin.

On larger areas it is too overdrying and you don't want a huge area all dry and flaky but a small spot treatment is okay. The product is travel size and versatile. I've even used it on my legs and arms and chest and anywhere a little troublesome bump appears. It isn't good on blackheads though.

It takes a few days to eradicate the problems but it works immediately on swelling and redness.

Ease of Application
The travel size tube makes it even easier.

Convenience
It's compact and can go anywhere.

Side Effects
It dries my skin out so I use a little moisturizer but it doesn't always help with the flaking.

Immediacy
It takes the swelling down significantly but it may take a few days to truly help everything.

• Immediacy:

It works pretty well at clearing up acne.

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

I have struggled with acne and oily skin my entire life. I get breakouts often and am always looking for things to clear it up quickly. This cream works pretty well at clearing up breakouts. It does not get rid of them overnight. However, I do not know that any cream could do that. It does reduce some of the appearance of redness on your skin. It also reduces the size of acne. It takes using this for a few days in a row before I see the acne vanish though. I would recommend it if you get breakouts often.

It is effective in helping acne. It does not work as quickly as I hoped for but it does get rid of acne within a few days.

Ease of Application
It is incredibly easy to use. Just place some on your finger or a Q-tip and put it on the infected area.

Convenience
It is really easy and convenient to use.

Side Effects
It dries out your skin a little but that is because it is strong. That was the only side effect I experienced.

Immediacy
It was not overnight for me. It took a few days to get rid of my acne.

This cleared up pimples

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

I used this product as a teenager anytime I had a pimple. occasionally I would have a group of pimples in one locatable area and I would put this cream on the problem spot. Within a day the pimples would be noticeably smaller and much drier, then within a few days all the zits would have disappeared. To me this was the most important part of my pimple ridding regimen. I would also use this product if I had acne on my body as well. It worked just as well for my body acne as it did for my facial acne. Very impressed with this product.

Ease of Application
It was very easy to use this product, but I do think its important to note that you shouldn't use to much or it could cause a rash.

Side Effects
The side effects of this product can be serious. You want to make sure you use a limited amount of the product with applying it. On a few occasions I was very generous about the amount I applied and my face broke out in a rash. Especially around my eye area.

• Immediacy:

Clears up acne in a few short days

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

Acne is hard to clear up and there is no "miracle" product, but I found that this cream dries zits up relatively fast. It does the job and I can almost even feel it working away! The only negative thing about it, is that if you use it everyday there is a chance of drying out your skin. However, if you wash your face and moisturize in-between uses, it is a great product!

Side Effects
Can dry out the skin a bit if you apply too often.

very effective

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

I love this stuff. This is one of my favorite acne medications because it contains benzoyl peroxide. Most acne medications don't contain that anymore because they are using a different ingredient. If it doesn't contain benzoyl peroxide, then it usually won't work for me. I like the fact that it's a lotion simply because it's very easy to apply and I believe it stays on your face and continues to work better then a face wash would. I have had wonderful results with this lotion. I use it once a day and I noticed a difference after just one use. It gets rid of my acne and prevents it very well. A bad thing about it is the fact that it dries out your face very badly if you use it too much. I think they recommend 2 a day, but using it that much would be like torture to your face. I recommend using it once a day and also using very good moisturizer as well. I read in a book that you can wash the lotion off after about 1 hour and still get the same results as if you kept it on all day. I have done that every so often and it works just the same! Another down side, is the lotion smells awful, but it works and the price isn't bad!

• Immediacy:

A very good product for acne!

from GA

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

I have used this for over two decades. I began using it when I was a teenager. I apply it every night. I have tried other acne products but none have seemed to help me like this product has. It's easy to apply. It doesn't burn or irritate. I haven't had any odd side effects. It goes on smooth. Some other acne products have made my face break out even more but this one has always helped me and not made things worse. It has a mild odor at first but then disappears. I always apply it before bed, as a type of mask almost. It has helped prevent pimples but when I do get a stubborn one, it helps make it go away a couple of days later. It can dry your skin out just a tad but nothing lotion won't fix the next morning. I have tried the tan product but it had a strong odor. I prefer this one, the vanishing, so it can blend in and the smell doesn't linger. I would recommend this product to anyone with acne problems, especially a teenager, to help prevent blemishes from starting, or getting worse.

• Immediacy:

Clear up your skin with Clearasil

from Callicoon, NY

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Treatment Cream is a very affective way of getting rid of acne. I put a little dab on a pimple, usually before bed. When I wake up in the morning the pimple has reduced in side and the redness of it has faded. While it says it is a vanishing acne cream this is not necessarily true. It leaves a white film over the spot where you applied it, which is why I apply it at night or when noone is going to see me.

Ease of Application
It is easy enough to put it on, it comes in a tube like toothpaste and you just squeeze it, put a little on your finger or an applicator and then swipe it on the pimple.

Convenience
It is very convenient, it comes in a small size that you can fit in your purse but as I said before it leaves a film so you may not want to put it on in public unless you put a very thin layer on that doesn't leave a film.

Side Effects
The only side effect is that it drys your skin out, but if you are only putting it on your pimple then it wont be a problem.

• Immediacy:

Dries skin a bit but gets rid of acne

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

Clearasil does get rid of acne and helps to keep it away if you apply it where you don't currently have blemishes. Its drawbacks include drying out my skin a bit, damaging my pillowcase, and being more than twice as expensive as a generic product that works just as well. The Clearasil created bleach spots on a red pillowcase as I turned my head in my sleep after putting on the cream.

This product is really good at eliminating acne as long as you use enough of it. I found that if I stop using it, I get acne again after around 5-7 days, which is to be expected.

Ease of Application
It's extremely easy to spread with your fingers.

Convenience
Having to slather basically my entire face with a cream every night just to try to make sure I don't develop new blemishes is not terribly convenient.

Side Effects
The Clearasil tends to dry out my skin, especially when I use it more often. It's minor but noticeable dryness. Using it less often clearly cuts down on this side effect.I think it's safe to use long-term as long as you don't apply it a ridiculous number of times during any brief period (say, five times across your entire face within one day).

Immediacy
I don't expect Clearasil to work immediately. It usually takes a few days to totally remove my acne in any particular place, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Immediacy:

Clearasil StayClear is tried and true.

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

I have been using this for years!! I don't have acne, but just occasional break outs so it was nice to find something I could just dab on very quickly and would work at getting rid of a small pimple here and there. This stuff works great on making those annoying pimples go away fast and is so simple to use. I just dab some on after I wash my face and usually the pimple is gone within a day. I also like that it doesn't irritate my skin and it doesn't dry other areas because you can put it only where it is needed. I like that you can put this on and wear it when you are going out and nobody even knows your wearing it. It is an inexpensive treatment and one tube of it will last quite a long time especially if you only have occasional break outs. I like that you can put it right on the area that needs it and you don't have to put it all over your face so it doesn't dry your skin out or cause flaking. Sometimes I will put it on a problem area at night before I got to bed just to make sure I don't get a pimple, or if I have something important to go to. It's also small enough so you can keep it in your purse just in case you happen to need it when not at home. I would recommend this to anyone who has a small pimple once in a while and don't need a product for use on your whole face. It's very convenient, and economical since it lasts for so such a long time.

It's great for clearing up a pimple here and there, wouldn't be for anyone with acme and major breakouts.

Ease of Application
Comes in a small tube that is easy to toss in your purse for quick applicatltions.

Convenience
I keep one in my makeup bag, medicine cabinet and purse.

Side Effects
The only side effect is that it can dry your skin out so you only need to apply a very small amount and only use it a couple of times a day at the most, until the pimple clears up.

Immediacy
Works pretty quickly and I usually put it on at the first site of a pimple. If I put it on at night the pimple is usually on its way out the next day.

Clearasil StayClear Cream is All Right

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream:

Clearasil StayClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream was one of the first products I tried on my acne. It kept my acne on the run for a while, but then my pimples came back, as was the case with all the products I tried. It did dry out my skin a little bit, but not as much as the stronger perscription creams I have used, like Differin. However, if you have sensitive skin, you will want something milder, or you will need to not use this two often (once a day at the most). It spreads on clear over the face so that it is invisible, which is always a plus. It is a good product for mild acne, but for anything severe, I would recommend something stonger or perscribed. I think that Clearasil might be the cheapest strong over-the-counter acne medication that I have seen, though. In the end, however, I was applying this twice a day to no avail. However, this is the best over-the-counter cream I have tried yet. It's well worth a try.