Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Clean & Clear Advantage 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser, 150ml 3 pac

Clean & Clear Advantage 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser, 150ml 3 pac

Beware - very strong

from Austin, TX

Comments about Clean & Clear Advantage 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser, 150ml 3 pac:

I recently had a very severe outbreak of acne. I have been using this product since my breakout occured and did not see any results in my skin. In fact it seemed to be getting worse with no hope. So I decided to see my dermatologist. I told her I was using this face wash, noting that it contained 10% benzoyl peroxide. She immediately said woah woah woah, that is way too strong. She explained that using such a strong percent was too harsh for my face, which can actually do more harm than good. She recommended that I cut back to a face wash with a 3% benzoyl peroxide. Well, I will not completely bash this product. I think it works well if you do not have a red, acne riddled face that is very sensitive. It smells very nice and makes your face feel tingly, cold and fresh. It just dryed me out too much which wasn't good. So, if you have a lot of acne and red sensitive skin, I would say visit a dermatologist for a consult before using anything this harsh.

A good Proactive replacement

from Bluffton, SC

I had recently given up Proactive because it completely clogged my pores after using it for several years.  Anyway, I was absolutely shocked at how well this worked compared to Proactive and at only a fraction of the cost.  The exfoliating power is minimal - actually almost non-existant.  The exfoliating beads in there very small (like smaller than sugar granules) and pretty pointless.  I have to scrub for quite awhile in one place just to get any kind of exfoliating action going.  Also, this product contains 5% benzoyl peroxide which may be a little bit too high for people with sensitive skin.  I never considered myself as someone who had sensitive skin, but if I leave this product on my skin too long before rinsing it off (a minute or two in addition to the time it takes to wash my face), I get a sunburned effect for almost an entire day from this product.  It definitely controls acne though and is the best substitute I have found so far for Proactive.  I will definitely repurchase.

Good Peroxide Treatment, Not so Exfoliating

from Plymouth, IN

I really like this product, but I don't think it matches its title.  Let me explain.  I think this is a great acne treatment.  The benezoyl peroxide is a great acne figher.  It cleans out your pores, dissolves dirt and oil, and keeps you from breaking out.  I get in the shower, get the shower steamy to open up my pores, and use this product.  I like the smell, I like how it feels, and I like the cost.

However, it claims to be exfoliating, and I don't think that's really accurate.  There is not much exfoliating action going on with this.  There are a few tiny little beads in the cleanser that do exfoliate....but there's probably about ten specks of these exfoliators per use, so you can imagine that this does not do much exfoliation.  I would not rely on this product to exfoliate, but it does have good acne-fighting power, and peroxide products are harder to find, so I will continue to use this product.

Refreshing clean skin feeling

from Eagle Lake, MN

I just bought Clean and Clear Advantage 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser and have been happy with the results. I have oily-acne prone skin and typically have trouble finding a product that provides effective treatment for the oily and acne together. This product lathers really well with a small amount of the product. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. The exfoliants feel like they help loosen clogged pores; I do wish there were more exfoliants within the cleanser. The benzoyl-peroxide helps treat and prevent. The cleanser is not drying and I use it twice a day. One 5 oz tube lasts me a month and for the cost it is practical and budget friendly especially compared to other acne fighting cleansers.

The smell is refreshing and stronger...but I like it. My skin also has a tingly sensation after I wash it. The cleanser does not completely treat my acne but it helps keep it manageable. I have not used any other products in this line in conjunction with it. I may try some of the other Clean Clear Advantage products because I have been happy with this one.