Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Clean & Clear

Pros

Cons

Gentle Foaming Facial Wash Leaves My Face Clean & Clear

I learned from a dermatologist that even if you have oily, blemish-prone skin you should start your routine with a gentle, non-soap face wash. I picked up a bottle of **Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin** since the product I normally use ([Alpha Hydrox White Basic Face Wash][1] ), was out of stock. As it turns out, I made a good choice because the Clean & Clear has worked well for my oily skin.

**Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser** is a clear, light-amber colored wash that has a delicate, fresh scent. I didn't really get much lather during use, but it was enough to clear away all of my makeup without irritating my face or my eyes. The cleanser washed off easily and thoroughly, and my face didn't feel sticky with residue or tight as if it had been stripped. With a freshly clean palette, my nightime BHA treatment goes on smoothly and without irritation. This is a good choice for anyone whose skin needs a gentle--but thorough--cleanser.

I don't have sensitive skin, but I found that** Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin** is still the right choice for me. It removes makeup and oils without stripping or irritating my face, and it helps my skin maintain a healthy balance.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Alpha-Hydrox-White-Basic-Face-Wash-review-17fc4

For a sensitive skin wash, it overdries in a few uses

I love clean and clear but this particular one is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I used it everyday for several days only to realize it was over drying my face. I didn't expect that from a sensitive skin wash. I've used the original strength for several days before and never had this experience.

It cleanses and even removes my makeup very well. My guy didn't have any issues with it.

I guess it's possible I was just having dry skin issues but I would guess about day number four I realized my face was just feeling tight and dry. Around my nose, lips, and under my eyelids especially were dry.

It does have a nice pump and a good lather as a lot of sensitive products sacrifice power and lather; this one doesn't but overall for being for sensitive skin, it just wasn't for me.

I've purchased original strength ever since trying this. I can't complain about the smell, it was decent and it's designed to be for men or women which is a plus in my house.

It wasn't much on blackheads--no exfoliate pretty much means I won't get much help with my blackheads--but it did a good job on drying my acne. Unfortunately, drying my acne also meant drying my face.

I give it a 5 out of 10. I might have been more generous with a 6 or 7 but it is supposed to be for sensitive skin and it dried me out.

It does a good job cleansing, not so much on blackheads. It also helped my acne but it was too over drying.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use and has a good lather.

Has a good scent in that it isn't perfumed and works well for me or my guy.

Affordable, effective cleanser!

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

This product is a great cleanser for all skin-types and will get rid of light makeup and daily grime. I have acne=prone, sensitive, combination skin and this product lathers nicely to give me a refreshed, cleansed feel after use. I use it morning and night and have not broken out from it.

I only use a light layer of foundation and waterproof mascara. The cleanser definitely takes care of the foundation--I have used a toner and a make up wipe after I used the cleanser and did not find any residue. My pores are very clear and my skin has not been too dry during the winter months.

It has not been effective in preventing or treating breakouts but it's a great, mild, almost unscented product that dissolves my daily makeup and dirt build up. If you are looking for a basic, gentle cleanser that will get rid of light make up, this is a great, affordable, easily accessible option. I was hesitant to try it, sticking to higher end cleansers, but this is a great alternative. Would definitely recommend!

Gentle and Easy Cleaner

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

This was my go-to shower face wash for many years. I wouldn't recommend it to remove a hard day of makeup and grime, but it's great for an everyday wash, feels like it really gets into the skin without irritating or drying it out. The foam forming from the nearly clear liquid always adds to the idea/illusion that it's really cleaning.

Clean and Clear is a relatively inexpensive brand, but I have always liked their products. I have slightly dry skin but nothing too fussy that requires super expensive products. This brand is frequently on sale and there's often coupons in the paper.

The pump top is easy to operate. When it runs low I unscrew the top and dump the liquid directly into my hand as to not waste any of the product. One bottle lasts me over a month, typically close to 2 months. I like it a lot for everyday use.

It's not a great makeup remover but good for everyday cleaning.

There's not much scent at all

Excellent cleanser

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

I do think that Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin is fantastic! It works wonders for sensitive and combination skin.It makes my skin feel so super clean and soft. The foaming effect is wonderful because you only need to use a little bit of the product and it goes a long way. I like using skin care products that will last for a while longer. I am always trying to help my budget with beauty and skin care bargains. It also smells awesome!! It always helps when the product has such a pleasant aroma.

It is a very effective facial cleanser. I have found that my skin is changing as I get older and now it is much more sensitive and breaks out almost as much as when I was a teenager. Who knew it would change that much! I am very grateful to have found a facial cleanser that is so gentle to my skin while it does a wonderful job to keep my skin clean and fresh.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply and use.

It has a pleasant and refreshing scent.

• Ease of Application:

LIked this just not perfect for me

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

I only rated this a nine out of ten because it just was not the right fit for me. I have rather oily skin most of the time and this cleanser is made more for sensitive skin. Usually the products work the same as the original formulas they just have more natural ingredients or they are without one or two things. This was not the case with Clean & Clear because this formula did not help me get my face all the way clean. It just left my skin still feeling a little greasy like I had just rinsed my face off rather than use a cleanser at all. It did a great job at foaming though. If I washed my face twice it worked as perfectly as any other. I just do not have time to wash twice when I could just use something different. I should have followed the recommendation and only bought this if I had sensitve skin.

Ease of Application
Love the foaming aspect and foaming cleansers are one of my most favorite kinds. Worked well and actually lasted a long time.

Not too overpowering of a scent and pleasant.

Reacted on my skin

from NA

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

Clean & Clear has been my preferred brand when it comes to cosmetic products and is also recommended by all medical stores. However, this product did not work for my sensitive skin. When started using this facial cleanser, I could notice a difference in my skin texture and it managed to remove the make-up from my face but the skin used to feel itchy after its use. I ignored this problem for 5-6 days but then I could notice rashes on my face. The acne on my skin started getting red after using this product and since I have oily skin as well, there were marks on my face. The product claimed to work well on sensitive skin but it reacted on my skin.

I stopped using this product after about two weeks as it did not give me the required result. My daughter kept using it as it did not affect her skin and I took care that she does not experience any rashes as I did. She has not experienced any reaction on her skin till date.

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

I have many facial products in the past and have figured out favorite products from the the process of trial and error. I have tried so many makeup removers over the years, but my skin seems to sensitive for most of them and others leave my face feeling oily. I actually love using Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin for cleansing my face after wearing makeup. It does a pretty impressive job removing most of the makeup, but most importantly, it removes all the oils, dirt and residue without irritating my sensitive skin. As a plus, it does have some acne control qualities as well. The hand pump makes this product easy to use and lathers to a great foam in no time. It is convenient enough to apply in the shower. I would definitely recommend Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin to anyone who has sensitive skin and is looking for a facial cleanser that will not irritate or dry out their skin.

Gentle, Cost Effective Cleanser for Sensitive Skin

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

I've tried a few Clean & Clear products and most of them are fairly good. When I got numerous coupons for their products I decided to try Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin. I thought it was a gentle cleanser that worked well. I have semi-sensitive skin. Some things irritate and burn and others are just fine with me. This did not cause any irritation at all. The Clean & Clear line is budget friendly and widely available.

This cleanser did a great job of removing dirt, grime, and oil. You do not need to use a lot of this for it to do its job. It foams up great. I love that it rinses entirely without leaving behind anything on my skin. This makes my face feel fresh and clean. I noticed that I started getting less clogged pore bumps on my chin and temples when I used this.

Ease of Application
I love the pump bottle this comes in. It makes it so convenient. I apply this with my fingertips but sometimes use with a washcloth for extra exfoliation.

This has a very light scent.

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

This particular product says it is for sensitive skin but the experience I have had I don't think this is true. This facial cleanser left my skin feeling extremely dry. I felt like I had an invisible mask on my face that dried out. My skin developed dry skin batches and red in color after using this product. I was under the impression that this facial cleanser would be mild instead of harsh like the original cleansing product by the same name brand.

I am always looking to find the best product that will work for me when it comes to beauty products. With that being said this product is not the right fit for my needs. This facial cleanser is easy to use and takes less than 5 minutes to complete the steps to clean your face.

The scent of this product is ok but I prefer a more fresh clean scent. The price of this product is inexpensive and is a bargain if you are able to use this product without any skin irritations.

NOT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

I need to learn to stop buying products for sensitive skin. I usually find that they irritate my skin more than normal products.

This product made me break out like crazy. However, I didn't get the normal zits from this product that I usually get when I break out. This product gave me really big, painful zits underneath my skin. They hurt so badly, even when I barely touch them.

After the first week of using this product, I threw it out. Normally I'm a huge fan of Clean & Clear products, so it was a surprise and a disappointment when this one broke me out so horribly.

I would NOT recommend buying this product. It took several weeks for my skin to get back to normal after using it. While the formula was actually really cool and worked well, what it did to my skin was not worth it at all.

Stay away from this product if you're looking for something for sensitive skin. It's not for sensitive skin.

• Ease of Application:

Best for deep cleaning of skin

Comments about Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin:

The Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser is indeed very good for sensitive skin type. My skin is so sensitive that I cannot use any cream else I get pimples very quickly. And that is the reason I've to be very choosy while selecting any products for my face. A skin specialist recommended me this cleanser. This is a nice mild one which doesn't irritate & tighten the skin after wash (as it happens when you use soap). It doesn't even foam much so there is no burning sensation to the eyes as such but it removes all the makeup very easily. I love it

Very effective in deep cleaning the skin, it is of great help in removing the make-up.

Ease of Application
The pump on the bottle makes it very easy to use without any mess as it happens in the squeeze bottles. Its a semi-transparent liquid which can easily be applied on the face, hands.

It doesn't have a very concentrated scent but its fragrance is a mild one which is very soothing