3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

After using this scrub I actually got complemented on my skin!

Don't get me wrong I'm not a "tom-boy," I own just as many bottles of nail-polish and packets of bath-salts as the next woman, but I'm just can't get into spending tons of time and money on looking good.  I can't deal with a haircut that's gonna take an hour to style and I'm not interested in a make-up routine that requires I wake up at 5am,  I just to want to look good without trying too hard or spending too much, is that so silly?  But when it comes to all thing beauty-care related, the area in which I have the least amount of patience is skin care.  I simply do not have the where-with-all to do a twice daily step-by-step routine including an separate exfoliant, astringent, serum, mask, and moisturizer - I want one product that's going to improve the over all look and quality of my skin.

Well, it took many years and thouands of unsightly blemishes, but I think I've finally found it.  Ever since I started using Clean and Clear's Blackhead Clearing Scrub, I've noticed a genuine change in the texture of my skin - and best of all I haven't broken out the way I did before I began using this product.  I have experienced  80% less whiteheads, and pretty much eradicated those nasty big red bumpy blemishes that used to drive me crazy.  I still have some clogged/enlarged pores, but my skin is nothing like it used to be - in fact I have had a number of friends complement me on my skin (an entirely new experience for me) and ask if I was using an expensive product like pro-activ.

After reading the label for this product it turned out that Clean and Clear's Blackhead Clearing Scrub has the exact same active ingrediant as every other over the counter acne treatment I've ever used (salicylic acid)- but I believe this product has made a more remarkable difference for me because it is a **scrub.**  Unlike other salicylic acid based acne products that I simply splash or smudge onto my face, with this treatment I really spend the time to rub it into my skin.  Why?  Because there are tiny blue exfoliating beads in the treatment that act like little face massagers that not only invigorate the skin on my face but scrape off some of those stubborn white and blackheads.

I'm so glad I found this product!

A good facial scrub but doesn't help really bad blackheads

I have always had problems with blackheads. I wash my face constantly, and I always get them on my chin and underneath my chin. They are usually large and end up becoming painful. So I try pretty much any acne product I can get my hands on, including black head specific. While the beads in the scrub feel wonderful gently rubbing on my face, it is sometimes difficult to wash them all off. Especially since I cannot submerge my face in water without inducing a panic attack. I used the entire tube and did not see a change in my blackheads. Neither better or worse. It just could be my over sebum producing skin and large pores that caused it to fail, but at least it didn't burn my skin while applying.

Gave this a 5 because it did not work for me, but it still may work for you. Every skin type is different and maybe mine is just prone to blackheads that need to be removed professionally.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use, and feels wonderful on your skin. However it is hard to wash back off.

Convenience
You have to use it twice a day to supposedly see results. And it is difficult to clear OFF your face once it is applied.

Side Effects
I did not notice any excessive drying of the skin or other problems while using this product.

Immediacy
Never really worked for me, so it is hard to answer this section.

Great scrub, but does not get rid of black heads

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

I have said before, that I have probably tried just about every facial product out there. this one is pretty inexpensive. I have to say, it does wash your face really good and does leave your skin feeling clean and smooth. The little scrubbing beads in it help exfoliate all those dead skin cells that stay behind even after washing your face. The scent is very crisp and clean. Does it help prevent breakouts? It does in a sense. I did have less breakouts, but I still had them. does it get rid of black heads? It does not. As stated on the
package, it helps treat them, but not really prevent them. It did irritate my skin at times and I really don't know why. You have to be real careful not to use this when you break out because the scrubbing agents can irritate your acne more. That is the last thing you want to do. Do I recommend it? I can't say I do, but it is not a bad product. It may work for some and not for others.

It leaves the skin feeling smooth and really invigorating, but does not really prevent black heads.

Ease of Application
Real simple application. Squeeze some out and apply to skin and that is it. Scrub gently and then rinse it off.

Side Effects
Will irritate your acne so be very cautious not to use during your breakouts.

Good for mild blackheads

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

This is a fairly good cleanser for someone with mild blackheads and not too many blemishes. It has a cheapie feel in my opinion, but I am comparing to fairly high end organic products.

It reduced the appearance of some blackheads on my nose but did not erase them, they reappeared by evening.

Ease of Application
Easy on but not so easy to rinse off, possibly due to petroleum ingredients. I find I can't just let the running shower water rinse it, I have to actively rub a little to get it all off.

Convenience
Beads go everywhere, especially if you wash your face in the shower. I have heard beads are bad for the environment so just be aware if that concerns you.

Side Effects
Mild, but somewhat drying if the air is too dry I need extra lotion. Probably not a good cleanser for people with very dry skin or very sensitive skin.

Immediacy
All benefits you are going to get seem to show immediately. I did not think this product was effective in preventing anything, just cleaning the skin off.

• Immediacy:

Doesn't help w/ blackheads but still a good product.

from Kansas

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

I've been using this product for years. I originally bought it due to it's claims to cure blackheads. The product has never helped with my blackheads at all but it is a great cleanser. It has exfoliating beads in it which do a fairly good job at exfoliating. I have dry skin and this product doesn't dry it out even more, like some other ones do. The product kind of has a weird smell to it but I have grown used to it now and it doesn't bother me. I would also like to add that the off brand of the product performs just as well as the actual Clean and Clear and it's a little bit cheaper, even though the product is still fairly cheap itself. Overall, I say give the product a try but don't really expect it to get rid of your blackheads, because at least for me it didn't do anything for them...It's a good cleanser and won't dry out your skin more even if you have dry skin. It's probably okay to use on sensitive skin aswell.

• Immediacy:

A great addition to your beauty regimene!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

I was amazed to find out that at the age of 45 I still had blackheads, so I rushed out to get something for that and this was the very first thing that I tried. I usually don't get so lucky, but with this purchase I hit the jackpot. From the first use I was overwhelmed with the amount of difference that I saw in my face. The blackhead eraser exfoliated very well and the blackheads they were gone. I use it every other day and my skin is now clean and clear.

Really a great product and is very inexpensive. A rare combination in the field of beauty products.

You will see a difference the first time that you use it. You will not see any blackheads and your skin will feel so clean and healthy.

Ease of Application
It is fairly simple to use, just wet your skin and put a small amount into your palm and working in a circular motion start scrubbing your face and neck area. You should scrub for at least thirty seconds and then rinse with cool water and pat dry. That is it! You are on your way to a health clean and clear glow.

Convenience
It needs no mixing or special applicator you just use your fingertips to scrub it into your skin.

Side Effects
What side effects, I only have good things to say about this product, it works for me.

Immediacy
You will see the difference after just one use, there will be no more blackheads!

A good facial scrub but doesn't help really bad blackheads

Immediacy
Never really worked for me, so it is hard to answer this section.

great scrub

from San Diego ca

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

I think Clean & Clear is a really great affordable brand. The micro beads in this scrub are abrasive which makes me feel like I'm giving my skin a good deep scrubbing. The packaging of this product is pretty standard it comes in a squeeze tube that looks attractive to me. Only a little bit of product goes a long way depends how much you use I found it easy to spread around my face so I did not use much. This scrub works hard for me in removing dead skin without me using much effort to scrub. I love using this product in the morning its very convenient to me then, because it helps to get off any residue from the night before, and gives me an instant fresh glow. When I use this scrub I make sure to focus more on my nose, and chin area to get rid of build up. I feel like my pores look smaller since this takes all my blackheads out my pores do not look as congested anymore. My skin is not sensitive so I have not noticed any scent or other irritations that would cause me to breakout when I use this. I would really recommend this to anyone looking to decrease there pores, and have a better complexion.

• Immediacy:

Not perfect, but it helps.

from TN

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

Clean & Clear is one of my favorite lines of face and skin products. I have a cabinet full of their stuff. So of course when I seen the Clean & Clear Blacked Eraser Scrub I just had to try it. I have always had a problem with blackheads on my nose. Usually I use the blackhead strips but I wanted to use something more simple. Typically I only use the blackhead scrub on my nose area and occasionally on my chin. It really does help with my problem and makes my pores less noticeable. It isn't perfect though. If you don't keep up with it everyday it looks to me like I never done it in the first place. I still use my strips but i also use the scrub along with them and that way to me it works perfectly. I love the little beads in the scrub. They always make me feel like the scrub is really working.

Works fairly well. It could be better but it definitely not the worst product out there. I still use it.

Ease of Application
Very simple to apply. Couldn't be easier.

Convenience
It's easy to use but you should use it everyday. For me that's a little annoying because my daily routine is so long already with teeth, face washing, moisturizing and such.

Side Effects
I have no complaints for side effects. I never notice any.

Immediacy
It does work fairly quickly if you keep up with it.

• Immediacy:

very good and effective and cheap

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

This is one of the oldest black head remedy I have used . I started when I was in middle school and barely began to get black heads and I remember trying everything until this product finally came out . I usually use it for my nose area and it is effective . It gets in your pores and cleans them leaving your faces feeling refreshed and brand new . It also reduces the amount that come out and the frequency . There are little bead looking things in the actual face wash and when you rub it in your hands they blend and create a bigger tingle and you get a deeper clean .

Very effective for eliminating black heads and reducing the amount you get as long as you are consistent with the amount of use .

Ease of Application
Very easy and I love the bottle because it saves you from wasting the product . It comes out very slowly and in small amounts so that you do not waste any .

Convenience
Found everywhere and the bottle is perfect for storing it in your mirror doors and shower .

Side Effects
I have not noticed any side effects other than the smell . It smells like medicine and soap .

Immediacy
It does not work fast it is over time but it does work .

Not too great

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

This product is cheap, but it doesn't work that great for me. I had used many different products in the past from Biore to Neutrogena. None of it worked that effective for me. The thing about Clean and Clear blackhead scrub is that if you have sensitive skin like my little brother you'll notice some burning irritation with your skin. I don't have sensitive skin, but this thing makes my face feel like its on fire. It makes my face feel clean and smooth afterwards, but it leaves this uneasy burning sensation on it. After using it for several months, my face became oily and weird. I didn't really like it. The thing I don't like about this product is that if you use it to scrub your face for awhile, it starts irritating your skin or maybe it just HATES ME. Other than that, overall it's still good, but it's not the right product for me. I can't really say it's effective, but I rather put my money on something else better.

• Immediacy:

Didn't do much to clear up blackheads

Comments about Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub:

I have really oily skin and my nose is constantly covered in blackheads. I wash my face twice a day and still have to really fight to clear up blackheads. I saw this face wash and wanted to give it a try to see if it would help my nose at all. It kept my skin from being oily but it did not do anything to clear up the blackheads on my nose. My skin was fine but it didn't provide any change or do what it had advertised. I didn't buy it again after finishing the bottle.

I didn't see any results with the blackheads on my nose. They remained the same even after using this twice a day. I didn't feel like it was effective.

Ease of Application
It was really easy to use. I put it on in the morning in the shower and at the sink at night. Application is very easy.

Convenience
It was always convenient to use in the shower. It was never a hassle to use it.

Side Effects
I did not have any side effects but also did not see any results.

Immediacy
I never got results with this face wash.