Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Claritin D Allergy helps us breathe better longer!

I am a die hard Claritin D 24 Allergy pill lover! My family has used this for many years, even back when it was a perscription medication. What I love about it is that it doesn't make us drowsey, is super long lasting, and most importantly: IT WORKS! Claritin D 24 Allergy Medicine really does work better than anything else out there on the market, and it really does last 24 hours. I use regular Claritin Allergy for times when my eyes are itchy or my nose is sneezy, runny and a smidge stuffy. I like to use Claritin D Allergy for when my nose gets super stuffy and congested! It still delivers the great sneezy, runny nose, itchy eyes relief as it's counterpart, but it really helps to relieve and decrease the inflamation in my sinuses!

I've tried generic forms of Claritin D Allergy medicine, just to save a buck, but I was so disappointed - they don't work as good and sometimes not even at all. Claritin D 24 Allergy Medicine is a much bigger pill, but even my 12 year old has no problems taking this and we've never experienced any side affects from this drug. Other than being expensive, I have no complaints at all about Claritin D Allergy, in fact I highly recommend it to all of my friends - it's well worth the cash!

What I love this medication is that it doesn't make us drowsey, is super long lasting, and most importantly: IT WORKS! Claritin D 24 Allergy Medicine really does work better than anything else out there on the market, and it really does last 24 hours.

The pills are on the larger size, but my 12 year old can take it without issue.

Immediacy
I notice Claritin D 24 hour starts to work within 15-20 minutes. After about an hour I forget my nose was ever plugged. If you can time it out right and take your next dose on time, your nose will never plug up (sometimes if my cold is really bad I've taken a smidge earlier than when it's due, like at the 23 hr mark, and I've not gotten drowsey or an upset stomach).

works for a while then stops after extended use

I have horrible allergies. I've had them for at least 17 years. In those 17 years, I've tried just about every allergy medication known to mankind including Clairitin and Claritin D. When I started taking Claritin, it was relatively new on the market and it was a prescription medication. My allergist prescribed Claritin regular after a few others didn't pan out for me. The regular Claritin didn't work at all for me and within a week, he prescribed me Claritin D. It worked pretty well for me for about 2 years and then its effectiveness slowed down to a total standstill. My body must have just become immune to the loratadine and refused to let it do its magic. But while I could enjoy allergy free living, I was happy with it. I was able to breathe easily, my nose didn't run (as much), I wasn't *THAT *drowsy when taking it, and I was dry for most of the day. I did still need to use a nasal spray once in a blue moon but all in all, I would give Claritin D a thumbs up, but only a limited one due to my eventual immunity to it.

Works Really Well

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I've tried many allergy medications for my seasonal and environmental allergies and most don't work well enough or leave me drowsy and in a fog. Claritin actually works well and keeps me from having to deal with constant allergy symptoms. The downsides are that it's pretty expensive and it takes a while to fully kick in. Because of the expense, I only take it when my symptoms are really flaring up and not on a daily basis although it probably would help with my constant congestion. If my allergies are really bad, I know it will be a few hours before the Claritin kicks in, but once it does, the relief is great. The 24 hour pills generally only last me 12 hours, but if I take it first thing in the morning, I have relief most of the day. If my allergies are bad enough, I take the 24 hour Claritin in the morning and night so I can sleep better. This is also the only allergy medication that works on my sisters, both of whom have severe allergies as well.

Very good allergy medication

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

This is a very good allergy medication. My doctor recommended it because I have mild seasonal allergies. I'm so glad that he recommended it to me. I no longer sneeze or have itchy eyes during the day. I take one pill every morning whenever I wake up, and I am good for the whole day. I have also recommended this product to my friends. My friend's allergies are worse than mine, and this product helps her a ton.

I hate taking big pills, and this is definitely a big pill in my eyes. The size is the only thing that I do not like about this product. Other than that, the product is amazing.

Immediacy
This medication took about 30 minutes to kick in for me. I tend to take it in the morning as soon as I wake up, and then I am good for the whole day. I hate the type of pills that I have to take every 4 or 6 hours. I am always on the go, so only having to take it once is more convenient because I do not have to remember to take it every 4 to 6 hours.

Great and long lasting

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I have been using Claritin-D 24 congestion and allergy medicine for a long time. As I've mentioned in other reviews, I am an allergy sufferer and sometimes they get so bad it interferes with what I have to get done. I've tried other allergy medications before, but most did not relieve my symptoms and the ones that did made me too tired. Most of them also would only relieve one of my symptoms and very rare it helped the itchy eyes I had. I finally found something that treated all my symptoms when I tried the Claritin-D. When I used Claritin-D and it was one pill every twenty four hours, it was much easier than having to take one every six hours that didn't work well anyway. After using I was far less congested and it lasted all day everyday. I'm so glad I found this and don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. Claritin-D works and I would definitely recommend to other allergy sufferers. Especially if you're looking for something you can take during the day without feeling groggy. Excellent allergy medication.

Claritin D

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I really like taking the Claritin D twenty four hour congestion tablets because they fit in so well with my busy and active life while at the same time being so versatile in giving me relief for multiple of my allergy symptoms. As an owner of two full grown purebred German shepherds, my house is full of pet hair as they shed ridiculous amounts. As such the dander in their hair is also everywhere making it very difficult at times to breathe. With the Claritin D tablets I am able to take one the challenge with an actual fighting chance. After taking it for two weeks I started feeling and breathing so much better. I am able to keep up with my high energy dogs much better now as well due to the tablets being non-drowsy. Overall they are a really perfect fit for me and I would hope all those pet lovers out there who also suffer from allergies can also find some relief as well.

Didn't work for me

from Golden, CO

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I was recently diagnosed by my primary care physician with seasonal allergies. Instead of giving me a prescription she said that I should try some over the counter medication first. Everyone I know that has allergies says how wonderful Claritin D is and that it totally relieves all of their symptoms. I decided that this would be the first one that I should try. It did absolutely nothing for me. I still had itchy eyes, runny nose, and was sneezing all the time. I told this to my doctor and she said to keep using it for at least two weeks to see if it got any better. I did as directed by my doctor and still got no relief from my allergy symptoms. Finally I decided to try Allegra D and had much better luck. I would encourage anyone that is searching for a medication to relieve their allergy symptoms to try Allegra D first. If that doesn't work for you then you can move on to Claritin or another brand.

Didn't relieve any of my symptoms.

The best Sinus and Allergy meds

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

This was by far the best allergy and sinus medicine I've ever tried. I don't have allergy or sinus infections or problems very often, but when I do they are bad. I feel sick whenever I get them. This really helped to clear my entire head. I could breathe again, smell, and taste back to normal. It is a bit expensive but it was worth it.

I won't say I was entirely back to normal after trying this, but close. It's very effective for almost any type of congestion or allergy issues. Season allergies were very effectively relieved after using this. Itchy eyes took a little bit longer. The congestion was a tough thing to deal with and this helped, but didn't effectively make it go away altogether.

Immediacy
The only problem is that it does take awhile. I had to be patient with this medication. You might not even realize that it is working. It took awhile for itchy eyes to go away. It was more immediate with seasonal allergies than anything.

Worked well but not 24 hours and very expensive

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I suffer from allergies pretty much all season long but this past winter it was a lot worse than normal for about two weeks. I got a fever and extreme congestion which normal remedies could not resolve. My doctor recommend that I use the Claritin-D 24 hour allergy and congestion tablets for a week or two to see how it cleared up. They did work at clearing me up, but they did not work any where near up to 24 hours. If I took in the morning, late that night I would wake up and have to take another one. After taking them for about a week my congestion was cleared up and my allergy symptoms went back to normal. I was not happy about how expensive they were, and it was also frustrating to try to get them. My doctor asked me to pick them up, but you have to get them from the pharmacist. You do not need a prescription but the pharmacist was very argumentative about giving them to me, so they are not easy to get ahold of.

• Immediacy:

Keeps daily allergies in check

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I have to take in addition to 2 prescription pills, 2 nasal inhalers & allergy shots to prevent constant sniffling. But when it's not in the mix...I struggle.

Treats allergy symptoms well. When taken as part of a regimen -'for me, it works well.

The packets have a peel backing, before you can pop it through the foil that is a slight annoyance.

Immediacy
I think it has more of a cumulative,effect.

Great for Seasonal Allergies

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

For years I used prescription allergy medication until I found Claritin. It is the best brand I've tried for my long term seasonal allergies and I highly recommend it.

I love that this Claritin-D is a 24 hour pill so you only have to take it once a day. That is such a relief not to have to remember to dose myself multiple times a day. I just take this with my dinner every night and I'm symptom free.

Although it says it is non-drowsy it does make a bit sleepy and I take it in the evening so if it does make me sleepy I just turn in a bit early and it doesn't really affect my day too much. I take it with food to offset any potential tummy troubles, although I've never experienced any and I take it for weeks on end at certain times of the year.

The only thing I'm not fond of is that this an over the counter medication so it is not covered by insurance and can be quite pricey. Thankfully there are usually quite a few coupons out there for it and I stock up during sales using my coupons.

For seasonal allergy sufferers this is a great over the counter medication.

Can't handle it.

Comments about Claritin-D 24 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

Regular Claritin works great for me. However, Claritin-D with the decongestant makes me so jittery that I absolutely cannot take it at all. I've tried it a couple of times, and it always has the same effect. I get extremely jittery and shaky, and I just have to wait for the effects to wear off. It also doesn't seem to help my congestion any more than the regular version.

As far as allergy relief goes, it seems to work about the same as the regular Claritin. I don't notice much of a decongestant effect, except for the shakiness, which I have had with another decongestant as well.

The pills are small and easy to swallow. The blister packs also aren't hard to open like they sometimes can be.

Immediacy
This product does seem to work fairly quickly, usually within 30 minutes to an hour. I try to be proactive and take something before I go out if I know it's going to be a heavy allergy day, and that seems to be very helpful.