Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

One of the Best OTC Medications for Allergies.

When my sinus allergies are at their worse, Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion is one of the best and most effective medications I take that is in pill form. Like most people, I hate taking a lot of pills. I'm already on enough prescription medications, vitamins and herbs, so I hate adding another OTC to my regiment, especially an antihistamine. However, at least when I take Claritin-D the side effects are very minimal compared to other antihistamines, which is the main reason I have switched to using it for my sinus problems.

This is very effective on my sinus congestion and itchy, watery eyes. I also don't sneeze as much after taking Claritin-D, which usually never happens when I take any other antihistamine. If you're tired of antihistamines that only make you sleepy instead of relieving your symptoms, I highly recommend switching to Claritin-D. Also, this does work at relieving symptoms for ten to fourteen hours. When I take it, I rarely have to take a second dose as it helps all day long.

It's very easy to take Claritin-D as it is pill form.

Immediacy
It usually starts relieving my symptoms in about an hour, which is actually fast compared to similar products.

Claritin-D breaks up tough allergy congestion

My very first experience with Claritin-D had mixed emotions. It took roughly an hour before I was receiving any relief from my severe allergy congestion. After an hour and a half, I started to experience a very unpleasant queasy feeling in my stomach. As time passed, I assumed that the queasiness would pass and I would be totally free from my sinus trouble. Boy was I wrong! Although the sinus pain had subsided quite substantially, the queasy feeling had gone to complete nausea. I couldn't understand what was causing the stomachache because I had eaten lunch prior to taking the Claritin-D. I drank some ginger ale and had a small snack hoping that the nausea would dissipate, but it seemed to hang around as long as the Claritin-D was in my system. I also noticed a dizzy sensation every time I stood up or moved quickly, which did not help with the nausea. Other than the unpleasant side effects, Claritin-D did what it was supposed to. It broke up my tough nasal congestion, helped significantly with my sinus headache and relieved sinus pressure throughout my face, ears and forehead. I offered some of my Claritin-D to some family members and friends, but that was also a no go. Due to the warnings on the box, pretty much everyone that I know could not take this product. Hmm? Apparently this product has quite the list of questionable warnings on the box. So overall, I was pleased with the relief of my severe sinus congestion, even though it took a long time to work. After dealing with the nausea and dizziness, I was nervous to take this product again. The pollen was extremely high on this particular day and I was suffering a great deal so I decided to grin and bear it and give it another go. As expected, relief started approximately an hour after taking the Claritin-D pill. I had eaten a meal prior to taking the pill and made sure to eat some small snacks within the first two hours. After the hour and a half I was doing pretty well. Two hours into it, the nausea had moved in and I was severely dizzy. I noticed this time around that I felt jittery and had a fluttering sensation in my chest; this was not good. Needless to say, I spent the entire night sick to my stomach and even though my tough allergy pain had subsided, I knew at that moment, I would not be able to take Claritin-D again. I guess I would recommend this product to anyone that has a tough stomach and can handle the dizziness. I really wanted to try this product and I am thankful to have had the opportunity, but its just not going to work out. I guess I will have to figure out another way to deal with my nasty allergies and with Spring on the way, I better move quick.

Effective, but not gentle on the stomach.

Easy as swallowing a pill.

Immediacy
Takes roughly an hour to feel any relief.

One of the Best OTC Medications for Allergies.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

It's very easy to take Claritin-D as it is pill form.

• Immediacy:

Works well for relieving allergy congestion

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

Allergy symptoms can really leave you in a haze. My worst symptoms come during the spring and fall when pollens are abundant, but I also suffer from indoor allergies from dogs, cats, dust, and mold. I've tried many different over the counter products for relieving my allergy symptoms. Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets work quite well for relieving congestion due to allergies. This product is mediocre at relieving runny nose or itchy and watery eyes. The "D" (pseudo-ephedrine) is the ingredient that works so well at relieving the congestion. Regular Claritin without the "D" doesn't work nearly as well. This product does last about 12 hours, but I find my congestion starts to come back shortly before the 12 hours is up. I wish this product worked better for me for relieving other allergy symptoms, but because other products work better, I can't say this one is the best.

Claritin-D is my Go-To when I have allergies

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

Claritin-D works when I have seasonal allergies. I pop the pill, which is an easy way to take the medication, and I am amazed by how much better I feel shortly thereafter. And, it does not make me sleepy, which is a common side effect from other medications.

Claritin-D is extremely effective against my allergies. I trust that shortly after I ingest the medication, I will feel a difference. I know I can count on this allergy treatment. It takes away the red, itchy eyes and runny nose, and it works for the 12 hours it promises.

What can be easier than swallowing a pill? I like that the blister pack is easy to push the pill through and I can take the medication with a swig of water. I think this is a very easy medication to take.

Immediacy
Claritin-D does not work immediately-- it does work within 15 minutes, however. I am satisfied with the amount of time it takes for the medication to kick in and start working.

Claritin-D 12 hour

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I have been using Claritin-D for many years and have always had good luck with it. It is fast acting and really does work for 12 hours. It stops my sneezing and helps relieve the congestion all day. Be sure to drink a lot when you take Claritin-D as it does dry you up.

Claritin-D 12 hour works fast and lasts for 12 hours like it says it does.

Claritin-D 12 hour is very easy to take. It is a small pill that can be easily swallowed with water. Just be sure to drink a good amount of water when you take Claritin as it does really dry you up.

Immediacy
Claritin-D 12 hour works quickly and lasts for 12 hours. It is best to take it in the morning with a full glass of water so it will relieve your symptoms all day. Claritin-D 12 hour works great to relieve my sneezing, watery, itchy eyes, runny nose, and congestion. I have used the 24 hour but it doesn't usually last 24 hours. I think the 12 hour works much better.

When June hits, Claritin D is my best friend

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I have seasonal allergies and used to take an allergy medicine that made me feel like I was hit by a truck and wanted to sleep it off. I could tell right when it was taking affect because I was exhausted. I love Claritin because I can still function and don't have the drowsiness I get with other allergy medicines. The decongestant is also very effective. I am thankful there is a 12 hour option though, because I can't sleep when I take this form of decongestant! I take this the first half of the day and plain Claritin the second half.

This product does a good job with all of my allergy symptoms except the itchy eyes. I have to take eye drops for that in addition during the worst part of my allergy season.

Swallow a pill--nothing too hard about that! The only thing that is a huge pain is having to sign for the pills at the pharmacy counter and that isn't Claritin's fault.

Immediacy
You're going to have to wait for a bit for it to take affect--at least I have to. I want to say about 3 hours, but if you keep on top of it and take the next pill on time, you don't have the wait time, obviously.

Claritin-D breaks up tough allergy congestion

from Hernando, FL

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

Effective, but not gentle on the stomach.

Easy as swallowing a pill.

Immediacy
Takes roughly an hour to feel any relief.

Great help for Colds!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

My husband and I both experience colds with deep congestion. As a BzzAgent, I was given the opportunity to try Claritin-D for mostly free so we figured we had nothing to lose. It worked a lot better than any of us thought it would. Its now the go-to for my husband which I love because it means he's happier and that means I'm happier. I found a great relief shortly after taking it as well. It nice not to have the deep congestion in your head all day. As a Mom of 5 young ones, I need all my abilities to be top notch since we don't really get days off. I highly recommend this product. We got the 12 hours and found it really lasted 12 hours without making you drowsy (a huge deal). I've used Claritin in the past for allergies and it works great too. I know some people think generic is fine but there really is a difference in how long it lasts, how quickly it works, and how well.

Obviously you aren't going to be perfect but it sure relieves that awful congestion feeling.

What could be easier than swallowing a pill?

Immediacy
I noticed a difference within 30 minutes.

Still Congested

from West Bloomfield, MI

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I recently tried Claritin D 12 hour tablets. I was disappointed. I was just as congested when I took the pills as I was without them. Even though I didn't take it at night, I had troubled staying asleep. I also found it inconvenient to purchase this product, because it is kept behind the counter at the pharmacy. I would not recommend this product.

• Immediacy:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

I often get sick and have an awful runny nose and stuffy nose at the same time, Claritin-D lossens up your nose and dries all of the mucus up. You feel releved in no time.

Everytime I use it is helps me majorly. It is a life saver.

Very easy. You just take one pill every 12 hours.

Immediacy
I feel it working within thirty minutes of taking it.

• Immediacy:

Works well but can dry you out.

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Claritin-D 12 Hour Allergy and Congestion Tablets:

For some reason, Claritin didn't work for me when I tried it a few years ago, but I gave it another shot last year when my allergies were driving me nuts and a nurse friend of mine suggested it. But she said I should take Claritin-D (D being the decongestant ingredient that requires you to get it from the pharmacy counter). Maybe it was just the decongestant that helped, but it worked that time and I have found it to be effective ever since then. Whenever I get an attack of sneezing, runny nose, congestion, etc., I can usually take a Claritin-D and start to feel relief of my symptoms within 30-60 minutes. The only problem I've run into at times is that I feel like it dries out my nose and throat too much - not every time, but enough times that I use it sparingly and make sure to drink enough fluids with it. Other than that, I've been pleased with it and am glad I gave Claritin another try.