Other Shampoos:
Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo

Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Drama Clean shampoo leaves your hair feeling clean & refreshed!

Herbal Essences Drama Clean shampoo and conditioner scrub away all the nasty dirt, grime and product left in your hair after the day is done.  I had trouble finding a shampoo and conditioner that wouldn't leave my hair greasy looking after 5 hours, and Ieven tried the expensive salon products, but nothing seemed to work.  Finally I went back to store brand products and found Herbal Essences had come out with a "refreshing, clean" shampoo and decided to try it.  Turns out, it worked wonders for my hair!!  For the first time I had shiny, clean hair that lasted all day long.  Even showering at night and waking up in the morning, I can still manage to do something with my hair and it doesn't look greasy or even feel greasy.  Especially after a day of mousse, gel AND hairspray all gunked up throughout my hair, this shampoo still manages to clean it all out giving my hair that 'clean' feeling, you know what I'm talking about.  And the conditioner is light, and doesn't leave your hair looking greasy after blow drying it, either.  I would highly recommend this product to anyone that had oily hair and needs a change and a fix.  Drama Clean shampoo and conditioner gets the job done.

Another Passable Shampoo from Clairol

Shampoo products come and go but some of the brand names have been going strong for years and years. These brands with staying power- even though they have the same name as in the past- are usually completely different in terms of ingredients, scent, and even packaging. One product that fits the bill is **Herbal Essences Drama Clean**, a hair care product for normal hair from Clairol. **Shampoo Commentary:** Clairol Herbal Essences is a shampoo brand owned by Proctor & Gamble and it is a brand that has been around for a long time. But the new shampoos bear little resemblance to those of old. Starting with the ingredients, Herbal Essences Drama Clean includes such unusual items like berry tea, orange flower, citrus, and strawberry. It's not uncommon to find shampoos with one or two fruit ingredients but this shampoo product contains several. This is what helps to give this shampoo its unique scent. Personally, I think the scent is a bit much. It reminds me of apples and flowers and as much as I like to eat apples, I don't prefer my shampoo and hence my hair to smell like them. Still, I think it's a safe bet that other consumers will find the scent to their liking. As far as the shampoo's performance is concerned, Herbal Essences Drama Clean earns a passing grade. It works up a larger lather than other shampoos and this means a little greater effort is needed to rinse it clean- and I have short hair so people with longer hair will require even more time to rinse. Once it has been removed, hair feels clean and fresh, even if the scent isn't the most pleasant. The excess lather does offer one psychological advantage: It makes you believe your hair is getting washed more thoroughly. It may not be any better than any other shampoo but the extra lather makes you think great things are taking place on the top of your head. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Herbal Essences Drama Clean is a good shampoo that performs at a satisfactory level. The price makes it an attractive option for those who want a decent shampoo without spending a large sum of cash. I could do without the mixed fruit aroma but other consumers will find this appealing and will likely rank Herbal Essences Drama Clean among their favorite products.

Pretty good

from Columbus GA

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

I have previously in the past purchased and used this Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo and I thought it was a pretty good shampoo. It is not one of the best ones I have used but it did do a pretty good job. The first good thing I can say about this Herbal Essences shampoo is that it is really reasonably priced so it want put you out to try it. You definitely get your money's worth. Another thing that is really good about this shampoo is that it cleans your hair really good. This shampoo cleans your hair without stripping it of its natural oils so it still remains soft and feeling healthy. The other good thing about this Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo is that it has a wonderful scent that is not over powering at all. It is very pleasant. Therefore overall I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family should try this shampoo.

Great summer time shampoo!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

This is a great shampoo for the summer! If you have naturally oily hair, this does a really good job of keeping your hair clean in the summer and fighting off the natural oils that come with summer heat. I have always had a positive experience with the Herbal Essences line and it was the same with the drama clean shampoo. I mixed it with the conditioner and it gave me really good results. I would definitely use this line of shampoo again and recommend it to others.

It did a great job of keeping my hair clean during the entire summer. I have really oily skin and hair so it's a job to fight it during summer. This was a great resource in helping with that fight.

The scent is great! I mixed it with the conditioner and the it made my hair smell good throughout the entire day. My husband always complimented me on it. I highly recommend this shampoo and matching it up with the conditioner!

Leaves a clean fresh feeling.

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

This shampoo leaves your hair feeling clean and fresh. It also has an active ingredient that helps keep lice away. I've used it for many years.

Gets down deep to leave your hair feeling clean. Doesn't leave your hair feeling gummy.

It has a nice clean fresh smell that lingers all day.

Best shampoo for the price.

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

Love the scent, the way it leaves your hair feeling clean and silky, and the affordable price. My daughter is entering the teenage years and her hair has become really oily. I searched everywhere for a shampoo that would clean her hair and Herbal Essence Drama Clean shampoo worked the best. We even tried the expensive salon recommended brands that claimed they were for oily hair, but Herbal Essence performed better. I can't believe the difference it made with my daughter's hair. She will not use anything else.

Extremely effective, especially on oily hair. Better that expensive salon brands. Really seems to get hair clean and gets rid of oils and product buildup. Does exactly what it claims to do, gets hair really clean like no other.

The scent of Herbal Essence Drama Clean is really nice. It has a pleasant smell that isn't overpowering. The scent is a little light. Maybe a little stronger scent would be better.

Drama clean

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

I would like to start out by saying that I have very oily hair, and most shampoos do nothing but make it worse. So, when I bought this shampoo I was hoping for a real dramatic clean to keep my hair less oily. While the product smells wonderful, it's hardly the thing to use for all hair types. If you have thick, oily hair like me, this probably isn't the shampoo for you.

Cleans well

from Rib Lake, WI

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

This shampoo is reasonably priced. There are some out there that cost less, of course, but there are also some out there that cost more. Because of the size of the bottle, I guess it is a little closer to the costly side.
I really like the way the bottle opens. You press on the cap and it lifts up and so it is really simple and easy to use.
Herbal Essence always seems to try to make their products fun, too, which I appreciate.
Has a citrus scent that leave hair smelling clean. It's not my personal favorite scent, but I know some enjoy it.
Really cleans hair well, while still allowing your hair to shine, while most shampoos will only do one or the other.
This shampoo is a nice thickness and creates a good lather.
My conclusion:
This is a really good shampoo with a nice citrus scent, it lathers well, and is reasonably priced.
I recommend this shampoo if clean hair is something that you are looking for.

Lovely Clean Hair

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

I really love this shampoo because it really gets the job done for a clean scalp and healthy hair. A good clarifying shampoo is hard to come by and for the cost and deep clean that I got from this, I was in love. After a week or two of using a lot of products on my hair, I often try to use a deep cleaning shampoo to make sure that my scalp gets a deep clean to continue thriving and growing healthy hair. This shampoo promised drama free clean hair and that's what I got. It removed all of the gunk from my hair, added a little moisture, and made my hair feel soft to the touch.

This shampoo will give you a great clean when you need it without making your hair feel stripped and it is not harsh on the scalp either. It is fairly light but gives your hair an amazing clean without having to shampoo twice to get the deep clean feeling.

The scent of this shampoo is probably what made me buy it most because once I flipped the top and smelled the bottle, I was like wow! I was debating between this product and another brand but this definitely smelt much better and after using it, I'm pretty sure this was the better deal.

great for oily hair

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

I really like this shampoo as I have rather greasy hair especially when I use argan oil/coconut oil, especially in the summer. I've always used Herbal Essences products (usually the hello hydration) but during the summers, it didn't work as well for cleaning the products I use as well as the grease on my hair until I found this one! It smells great and refreshing without overwhelming you and a little goes a long way! I use very little for shoulder length hair so a bottle lasts a long time, especially if you don't use it daily.

The only thing is that it is not sulfate free and as a clarifying/cleaning shampoo, I'm afraid to use it all the time beyond summer. I feel like it can be harsh if you use it often (I avoid washing hair everyday if I can and I don't always use this unless I have used hair products so it has not dried out my hair yet). But again--it is not sulfate free so if your scalp is easily irritated, it might not be the solution.

Does what it says, which is cleaning your hair well. I don't use it all the time so it has not stripped my hair. Although when I dry my hair w/o products, it feels a bit dry but that might be due to me lazily not using heat protectors!

Nice smell (although standard/pretty artificial) and you don't need a lot of product for a good lather anyways.

Leaves your hair squeaky clean and with a pleasant smell

from Mount Eden, KY

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

This is one of the best shampoos that I have used in a long time. The scent stays with you all day and leaves your hair feeling very clean, and soft to the touch.I would recommend this shampoo for any hair type, it works fantastic.

Cleans very well

Fantastic fragrance

great cleansing shampoo

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo:

i have used this shampoo and many different herbal essences shampoos for years, and i really enjoy using this particular one. it does a very good job at getting your hair extremely clean and doesn't strip or fade color which is really nice. after using this shampoo, my hair is always, soft, manageable, shiny and full of body and volume. i like to use this shampoo about once a week or every other week to just make sure my hair and scalp get a thorough cleansing and i to make sure i don't get any kind of build up in my hair and on my scalp

this shampoo does a really good job at getting your hair clean and looking healthy are vibrant. it doesn't strip your hair and doesn't mess with your colored hair by fading or stripping it

of course, this shampoo, like all the herbal essences shampoos smell great! they leave your hair smelling fresh and clean and during the shower when you're washing, it really perks up my senses and i enjoy the fragrances