Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges

Pros

Cons

Just What The Doctor Ordered After Surgery

When I was discharged from the hospital following thyroid surgery, my nurse gave me the remaining box of Chloraseptic lozenges that I had been given for 2 days.  My throat was still quite sore and my nasal passages were congested from an unrelated bout of sinusitis.  As my doctor told me, there's really nothing completely effective for sore throat pain, but Chloraseptic is the best you can get over the counter.

**Benefits**

- Active ingredients - Menthol and Benzocaine act as oral anesthetics for pain relief.

- Taste - Pleasant cherry taste; not too medicinal and not too sweet.

- Convenience - The round lozenges easily pop out of the foil-lined packs.  There's no messy liquid to spill, or sprays that miss your throat and numb your tongue.

- Helps clear nasal passages.

**Cautions**

- **Original Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges** do contain corn syrup and sucrose.  If you are diabetic or just want a sugar-free alternative, skip this one.  There is a sugar-free Chloraseptic throat lozenge that would be a better buy.

- Because they are slow-dissolving, be careful taking these and then lying down.  (Yes, I speak from experience...I accidentally fell asleep and woke up choking on an undissolved remnant of the lozenge)

Overall, this is the best lozenge or cough drop I've ever used.  Not only does it help numb and soothe my throat, but it also helps thin mucous-coated nasal passages.  I whole-heartedly recommend this product for temporary sore throat pain.

Chloraseptic Throat Lozenges: Quick Relief, but Short Duration

We have all experienced a sore throat at some point and while there are the occasional super- sore throats, most are a little milder and can be handled with a small amount of medicine. One product I have used to ease minor sore throat pain is **Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges**.

**Medicine Commentary:**

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are honey- lemon flavored lozenges (also available in cherry and vapo- mint) with a liquid center and they help cool the throat and ease the pain. Each lozenge contains two active ingredients: Benzocaine USP (6 mg), and Menthol (10 mg).

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are convenient and they can be taken by anyone age six or older. I often use Chloraseptic sore throat spray when I need a sudden jolt of relief, due to stubborn, nagging sore throat pain. When the pain is milder, Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges do the trick. They have a nice flavor and they help to coat and soothe pain in the throat and in the mouth.

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are good for treating a mild case of sore throat pain, but they are only so- so when the pain is really bad. Probably the most undesirable feature, however, is the fact that the lozenges are good for only two hours of relief. Depending on the ability of your body to finally heal itself, you may be popping a half- dozen or more of these lozenges just to get through the day.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Sore throat is a common condition and Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are moderately effective at eliminating the discomfort. They taste good and go to work almost immediately and even though the duration of relief is short, they still have enough positive qualities to recommend.

Better for other uses

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

I purchased Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges because my throat was for some reason was really dry. This usually means a cold or a flu is coming for me, but I didn't have any other symptoms. I never got sick, but I continued to use the lozenges while my throat healed. I would let a lozenge sit in my mouth until it dissipated. I received some relief and I was able to eat and drink without having too much discomfort swallowing. I took around 20 lozenges over a 3 day period until my throat got better. I eventually did get a cold later down the road and I tried taking these lozenges, but they had very little
affect on my sore throat. I would take a lozenge and as soon as it dissolved I would be in pain again. I decided to pick up the extra strength of this product and it yielded the same results. The only use I found for these lozenges is to use during and after long singing, speaking, and screaming engagements. I found that on all of these occasions I have been able to avoid losing my voice by taking Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges.

• Cough Suppression:

Great at numbing sore throat pain

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

I'm not sure why I decided to try the Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges. I mean the regular Chlotaseptic spray works really well but it tastes absolutely horrible, and it's not very long lasting either...

But boy I am glad I decided to try these out after all! I feel like these Chlorseptic Throat Lozenges are far more effective and useful then the regular Chloraseptic Spray. It is amazing at numbing severe sore throat pain and has better lasting power then the regular throat spray. I feel like these throat lozenges work for almost two hours as the spray feels like it barely lasts for thirty minutes.

They completely take away that gross dry hoarse dry heaving feeling in my throat. They completely numb my throat so I don't feel myself having to cough at all. They also provide a lot of moisture to my throat as well. They relieve throat and chest pain fast too.

The only downside is that these still have the terrible cherry taste that the throat spray has, but I can bear the flavor because the relief these give sore throats is short of a miracle. They also have a warming lemon honey flavor, and a mint flavor as well if you can't bear the cherry flavor.

I would use these over any cough drop any day! Nothing gives me relief like these do!

Congestion Relief
I don't find that these give any congestion relief, just relief for a sore throat.

Chest Congestion Relief
I don't find that these help with chest congestion, I find that these only really work well for sore throat pain and coughing.

Relief of Aches & Pains
These relieve the throat pain that you get from a sore throat, but they do not relieve any other aches or pains from colds or fevers.

Cough Suppression
The Chloraseptic lozenges are an absolutely amazing cough suppressant. They completely numb my throat and provide my throat with a lot of moisture. I don't feel myself having to cough a lot when I use these, and my keep my throat numb for hours on end. They make it much easier to sleep because I don't find myself having to cough all night long.

Numbs up your throat.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

Most of the time when I get a sore throat it gets really bad and I need something. Regular cough drops just wont do and I have to go out and buy actual sore throat lozenges. These Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are the greatest thing that I have been able to find that cures my sore throat and makes me feel a lot better. These do numb your whole mouth so make sure to swallow very frequently (even if it hurts) because that way the medicine is getting down onto your throat and it will help to numb it faster instead of just numbing up your tongue and cheeks. This doesn't really help for coughs for me, all it does is numb my throat up and make it to where it is not so hard to swallow. These do have an awful taste, they are not the good tasting cough drops that most people can handle, they are very strong and powerful and the taste is not very pleasant. If you need something to make your throat feel better and quick, this is the best option.

• Cough Suppression:

Really makes sore throat disappear

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

Like cherry taste, but especially like fast acting numbing of sore throat. Let's you swallow again.

Congestion Relief
Not purchased for congestion relief, but rather for relief from sore throat.

Chest Congestion Relief
Again, no claims made for relief from chest congestion, only for relief from pain of sore throat.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Works fast on sore throat pain, the best I have found for relief of pain caused by sore throat. Also available in spray. Makes throat feel much better very quickly.

Cough Suppression
One pain and itchiness is relieved, seems to help with cough suppression. Coughing doesn't hurt as much either.

Works Great

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

These are a great alternative to the sore throat spray. First off, they have three great flavor varieties, cherry, honey, and mint. The nice thing about these drops is they last longer than the spray. With the Chloraseptic spray you spray into your throat and get instant numbing relief, but as soon as you swallow there goes the spray. I find myself using a few squirts of spray each time. Now with these lozenges that have the liquid medicine inside them, you get the benefit of moisturizing your throat with the medicine slowly coming out, and they can last for more than an hour. Your throat will feel numb from the start, and as you breathe you feel the vapors in your nose so this helps with nasal congestion. I like how the drops continually provide a numbness for the sore throat, and they taste pretty good, except the mint ones I thought tasted like Vicks. I didn't think they did much for chest congestion, although they opened up my nose so it was easier to breathe for a while. I prefer these to the spray since they last longer.

• Cough Suppression:

Best Remedy for Sore Throats!

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are by far the best remedy for a sore throat on the market today. Within seconds of putting in your mouth, the lozenge goes to work to help relieve a sore throat. The lozenge "numbs" your throat to give you relief. However, it does not last very long and you may have to take numerous lozenges to find relief. Lozenges also taste great!

Congestion Relief
Helps with congestion, but focuses more on throat/ mouth relieve.

Chest Congestion Relief
Have noticed these help more so with mouth/throat/ bronchial relief. Although, have to have many lozenges to feel chest congestion to go away.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Relieves pain from sore throats. Also helps temporarily numb the throat/ mouth, so the individual can get a little relief. Helpful with strep throat or allergies, when throat may be extremely uncomfortable or painful.

Cough Suppression
Definitely helps with cough suppression. One of the best products on the market for cough suppression and sore throat. However, relief does not last as long as other products do.

• Cough Suppression:

Way better than the spray!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

I had tried the Chloraseptic sore throat spray and to my disappointment it did not soothe my sore throat at all. So I had sent my husband to the store, to go buy me another antiseptic medicine for my throat. Imagine my disappointment when I saw my husband come back with the Chloraseptic sore throat lozenges. I have to admit I had my doubts that it would help with my sore throat. To my surprise the sore throat lozenges actually made my throat feel better. It gave me almost instant relief from my sore throat symptoms. I was able to swallow without pain. The cherry flavor was actually a pleasant surprise. I had tried the cherry flavor Chloraseptic spray and I did not like the after taste it gave me. But the lozenges tasted good and did not leave a horrible after taste. If you wanted a sore throat medicine that actually works at soothing your throat, Chloraserptic sore throat lozenges are a good choice to buy.

• Cough Suppression:

Leaps and bounds ahead of their spray!

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

Sore throats are a pain, and they are hard to treat. I have tried just about everything in the book, from common pain relievers, to NyQuil. Drugs such as Advil, help a minimal amount, and NyQuil is awesome, but it impairs my ability to function. Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are a good compromise between the two.

Having been disappointed by Chloraseptic sore throat spray, I decided to give the company another chance. The lozenges are far more effective in the long run. Imagine the throat numbing effects of the spray, combined with effects that last three times longer.

My main problem with the spray was the fact it only lasted twenty or thirty minutes. Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges last nearly an hour and half. Since you can only use either product every two hours, the lozenges only leave you in pain for thirty minutes before you can take the next dose.

The taste is just shy of horrible, but it's well worth it. Not only do they work while you are dissolving them in your mouth, but they work for a great deal of time afterwards. As an extra added bonus, they also help with coughing. Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges are a very useful product for easing the suffering of sore throats.

Not applicable.

Chest Congestion Relief
You will find no help for chest congestion here.

Relief of Aches & Pains
In terms of body aches, this product is useless. Put it up against a sore throat, and the rules change. Chloraspetic lozenges will knock out all but the worst of sore throats.

Cough Suppression
Mild to moderate coughs can be conquered by this product. Pain associated with coughing, in the throat, will also be treated.

Medicated Throat Drops

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

Right out the gate, I will say these drops do not have the most pleasant of tastes. They are medicated and have a "menthol" effect. However, when you are having a coughing fit or your throat is sore, these are fantastic to give you relief. I am a teacher and I talk all day long. When I am feeling a little under the weather, these drops keep my voice feeling strong.

Congestion Relief
Taken in between doses of cough medicine these give great relief. The effect is only temporary, but I use them when I get the worst coughing fits for the instant relief.

Chest Congestion Relief
The menthol is great to relieve the congestion. I of course use these in conjunction with other cough medicines and together they do get rid of the congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
For the worst sore throats this gives instant relief to my swollen throats and glands. One must realize the relief is temporary, but these are great in between doses of medicine

Cough Suppression
While I am at work, the air is so dry it irritates my dry throat. These are the drops I use when my cough is at its worst. The liquid center and the menthol release truly give relief even to the worst tickles.

It helped!

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges:

I recently experienced a very sore throat and horrible chest congestion. I couldn't even talk when I woke up! Well I went to my local store to hopefully get rid of the pain and this product got it done! Not only does it taste good, but it relieves the pain fast! The only problem I had was that it didn't last longer than an hour. So I started taking Vicks Nature Fusion Cough And Chest Congestion With Real Honey along with it. It helped so much! I highly recommend using both of the products though soo check it out!(: