Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Tylenol Cold Sore Throat

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

The goto medicine when you notice you might be getting a cold.

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

Whenever I notice that I might be getting a cold, my sinuses are acting up, or I have a slight cough with or without phlegm, I usually use Tylenol Sore Throat. It's great for handling minor symptoms before a cold fully kicks in and your stuck in bed.

Congestion Relief
Congestion relief for the lungs and throat. For the nose, you're better off using a different product.

Chest Congestion Relief
Provides good congestion relief for the throat.

Relief of Aches & Pains
You are probably better off using a different Tylenol product for say headaches or other pains. I am not sure if this product helps since I only use it when I have a cough. I use Aleve or Advil for other pains.

Cough Suppression
I always use this product for when I have a cough to deal with. Whenever I am catching a cold, my throat gets congested a lot and I begin to cough a lot. Sometimes it can get pretty bad and I can be coughing all day and I tend to cough loudly. Thus I always use Tylenol Sore Throat whenever I feel a cold may be oncoming to prevent myself from coughing as much as possible. The taste isn't that bad to add to how well it works.

Blue Death in a bottle.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

My kids and I love to call this blue death as it is such a beautiful vibrant blue color, but it tastes like death. When I have a sore throat even though this does taste bad, I know it is one of the medicines that I can take that will help it feel better within a couple of days. This also has Tylenol in it to help kill the pain. It goes down really thick and kind of slowly so that it coats your throat, I think that this is what helps to kill the pain because the Tylenol that is in it starts to absorb in that area and make it feel better almost instantly. It doesn't really help me with anything other than a sore throat, it never helps me with congestion or any other problems that I have, but it does do a very good job at making my throat feel better relatively quickly. It helps with the cough that I usually get with a sore throat which I think makes my throat feel better faster because I am not coughing all of the time irritating it a lot more. I love that it kills the pain so that I am able to swallow again and not in a constant state of pain.

Great for Sore Throats

from VA

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

Let me start off by saying I am not a fan of liquid medication. At all. It gags me and I have a really hard time taking it. I much prefer pill/tablets/capsules over liquids. But when you have a sore throat you know you are going to have to suck it up and take something that will come in contact with your throat and help soothe it. The Tylenol Cold and Sore Throat liquid does the job! I'll be honest, the taste still gagged me, but it wasn't super horrible. The "cool burst" feels great on your throat and the medication itself helps not only with your sore throat but if you have a fever or any other aches and pains going on. I was pretty surprised at how quickly I started to feel better and how long it lasted as well. I had a slight cough and while it isn't marketed for the cough, I think it definitely helped as I wasn't getting that itchy, scratchy, need to cough feeling anymore. I took this during the day without any side effects and again before bed, and was able to sleep pretty well. The price is pretty reasonable, and I try to always keep this on hand for the household during cold season.

Relieves Sore Throat and Aches and Pains

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

When I feel achy and I have a sore throat, I find that Tylenol Sore Throat liquid really helps me get through the day. This seems to take effect pretty quickly---after about 20 minutes, my throat feels better and I don't feel so achy. Also, it does not make me drowsy.

I don't take this if I'm coughing or congested, but if that's not the problem, I think this is the best medicine because it provides me the medicine I need for my symptoms and nothing more.

I don't mind this liquid, the taste is not too bad and I think sometimes drinking liquids is better than pills when your throat is really sore.

I think Tylenol Sore Throat is good to keep around in your medicine chest so that it is there for you when you need it. If you JUST have a sore throat then I don't like to take other flu medication that is designed for additional symptoms.

Congestion Relief
I do not take this medicine for congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This medicine contains Tylenol so it really helps with aches and pains and I think the liquid means that it works faster. Just make sure you don't double dose by taking Tylenol WITH this medication.

Cough Suppression
This medicine is not designed for coughs. If a cough develops, I'll switch and take medicine that focuses on coughs.

• Cough Suppression:

This Tylenol product actually works well for me!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

I normally get a really terrible cold/sore throat two or three times per year. I have always struggled to find the right over-the-counter medication that would take the pain away from my sore throat as well as relieve my cold symptoms until I found Tylenol Cold Sore Throat. Something I really enjoy about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat is it is very inexpensive, and it relieves my symptoms effectively. I would recommend this to anyone who suffers from a sore throat or a cold.

Congestion Relief
This liquid medication helps relieve my congestion, and it helps me breathe much better.

Chest Congestion Relief
This product honestly does not relieve my chest congestion as well as some other medications, but it does relieve it a little bit. It is still useful.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This medicine gets rid of my sore throat and pains within about twenty minutes after taking it. Very reliable.

Cough Suppression
This medication is not the best for relieving cough suppression, but it still works decently.

• Cough Suppression:

A spoonful of sugar might help

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

I had been suffering from a summer cold which turned into a horrible cough within a few days. Being busy, I tried to delay going to the doctors and decided to try this medicine on the advice of a coworker. They assured me I would rest through the night and the annoying choking spasms with my cough would ease. On that count he was correct. Within two doses, the vice like congestion in my chest loosened, and I was able to finally sleep throughout the night without being awakened by a coughing fit. However, please be aware of the taste of this medicine. Literally, like a child, I had to pinch my nose and swig this down quickly. The cooling effect was a bit nauseating for me. I made sure to have a glass of ice water nearby to help settle my stomach. If you can handle the taste you will be pleased with the relief you get.

Congestion Relief
By the time I dosed with this medicine, my nasal congestion had dissipated but I was struggling so much with my cough. By helping you to rest better, this medicine gives you a better overall feeling of health.

Chest Congestion Relief
Again, the utter horrible taste was worth it. Within two doses I was coughing less, and that rattle-like feeling when I took a breath disappeared. My chest felt stronger.

Relief of Aches & Pains
By helping to suppress my cough, my sore ribs and stomach were actually able to relax and start to heal. It also aided in my being able to sleep which added to my feeling better.

Cough Suppression
The horrific taste and after burn was well worth it for the relief I finally got from my nagging cough. After just two doses I was able to lay down like a normal person, and actually sleep through the night. My co-workers also appreciated me finally being able to sit at my desk without having to run to the water fountain every two seconds.

• Cough Suppression:

Love this for sore throats.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

At least once or twice a year, especially in the winter, I get a terrible sore throat. Tylenol Cold Sore throat works like a charm when that happens. It completely soothes my throat from the moment I feel it going down my throat. It's thick in texture so as it goes down it coats and soothes yoru throat. It has an okay cherry scent and it doesn't taste terrible like other cough and throat medicines.

It totally gets rid of any sinus congestion I have. It makes it easier to breathe again, and I don't feel as stuffed up. It also helps with chest congestion, and takes away any tightness or pressure that I have in my chest. It also works amazing at suppressing my coughs. After taking this I feel like I can finally get rest, and not hacking everywhere.

I would definitely recommend this product.

Congestion Relief
It helps with sinus and chest congestion. It is a miracle worker in both of those departments. It helps me to breathe easier, and to stop coughing as much. It helps me sleep all throughout the night.

Chest Congestion Relief
It definitely helps a lot with my chest congestion and fast too. It makes it easier to breathe, and gets rid of that tightness in my chest that I have when I'm sick. It also makes it easier to cough up any mucus that needs to be released. It keeps me from coughing too.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It helps to suppress sore throats and get rid of headaches but I'm not sure about aches and pains because I usually don't get terribly aches and pains when I'm sick. I would say this is more for a sore throat though. If you need something for muscle or back relief I wouldn't recommend this.

Cough Suppression
This is very fast acting when it comes to cough suppression. I can not live without it when I have a terrible cough. It makes being sick bearable, and helps me to stop coughing everywhere. I especially love taking this before bed because it helps me get to sleep instead of staying up coughing all night long.

• Cough Suppression:

relieves my sore throat instantly

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

I hate when my throat is sore from coughing, I always try and find the best medicines that work quick. I had a bad cold this past week and I seen this Tylenol cold sore throat medicine and it worked. It had a thin kind of thick liquid texture. It had a pleasant cherry taste and it wasn't hard for me to swallow it. I could actually feel it going down my throat soothing it. It worked really fast and it made my throat feel a lot better. My throat didn't hurt as much and it was very warming. I didn't feel as sick as I did before and I didn't have a bad cough. My nose didn't feel so stuffed up anymore, I felt like I could breathe again. I always take this before I go to sleep and by morning my sore throat is gone. I didn't have a cold anymore and my chest didn't feel sore from coughing. This stuff really works and I would definitely but it again. I recommend this to anybody that wants really fast relief they can feel working.

Amazing stuff

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

I tend to be an anti-Tylenol person having tried their meds for headaches and their gel-caps for cold with little success. I tried this recently because as I type this, my throat would feel like someone poured battery acid down it if I hadn't just taken some of this.

This stuff is amazing and I will never go back to my old sore throat medicine. Usually I used the spray and some cough drops but this seems to have both in one.

This product does contains about 500 mg of acetaminophen per tablespoon. What I found especially nice was my knee was sore from working out and when I took this it not only relieved the pain in my throat but also my knee. The slight headache I had with my sore throat is also gone.

This is practically gone in stores. It either sells out or they don't sell it in shops anymore. I'm not sure. I know this is not because of the lack of stores in my area, but because other people online have said the same thing. So far I've found amazon.com to have the best deal on this.

Congestion Relief
Rated Satisfactory since I didn't have congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Not only soothed my throat but also got rid of my headache and knee pain.

Helps Make Talking More Bearable

Comments about Tylenol Cold Sore Throat:

This product is usually the go to product that I use when I first get a sign of a sore throat. The cool sensation of this product helps with numbing the pain especially when I usually get a burning sensation that is associated with the sore throat. The tylenol that is present in this product also provides another way at helping me control the pain. Overall, I think that this is a very good product that has been intelligently designed to help my symptoms that I have been experiencing. It is a staple in the household. Occasionally, when my cold progresses with additional symptoms, I find that this product provides decent relief of the congestion that I experience in my chest and nasal passages.

I haven't had the opportunity to test whether or not this product works at suppressing the cough, so I cannot comment on that.

I get quick relief (within 30 minutes after using this product from my overall symptoms).