3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Spray, spray, make a yuck face, swallow, relief. Repeat.

***Quick View:*** I have been using this spray for years. It isn't the best stuff ever but it does help to numb my throat when it's sore and allows me to swallow for a while without wincing in pain. I wish the numbing agent would last longer though.

***My Take on Chloraseptic Cherry Sore Throat Spray***

This spray is supposed to taste like cherry but it only has a hint of cherry flavor. It really has an antiseptic flavor that would be nasty if it wasn't in such small amounts in the back of my throat. It is alcohol free, aspirin free, and sugar free.

When I get a sore throat, I just don't eat. Period. I can't stand the pain when I swallow. But when the soreness gets so bad that I can't stand to even swallow AT ALL, I have to do something for relief.

**Chloraseptic Cherry Sore Throat Spray** numbs the back of my throat when sprayed directly into my mouth and does take the edge off of the soreness. For at least 15 minutes after I use the spray, I can swallow again, although the pain is not entirely gone. It's certainly relieved though.

My issue is that this spray is so short acting. It doesn't numb the throat enough to cause choking or loss of sensation which is a good thing but it does help some. If only it helped for longer than 15 or 20 minutes! I find that the pain comes back really quickly and I either have to spray again or try some other method to dull the pain of a sore throat.

I use **Chloraseptic Cherry Sore Throat Spray** in conjunction with Aleve and hot tea to help my sore throats. I don't like cough drops because the ones that really work taste awful so this spray is an easy way to get the same sensation without having to suffer through a large cough drop's medicinal taste. Spray, spray, done.

***My Viewpoint***

I used to nearly gag when I was young trying to spray this stuff into the back of my throat and swallow it. It really has a nasty taste but only for a second. After I felt the relief, I realized it was worth the few seconds of yuck to swallow again if only for a short while. I like **Chloraseptic Cherry Sore Throat Spray **but certainly wish it would last an hour or so. ***To*******r***n between 3 and 4 stars, I will go with 4 but it's more of a 3.5 star product for me.***

Congestion Relief
This is not made to treat congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
This product is not made to relieve chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This product is made to relieve sore throats and it does that temporarily. It gently numbs the throat for relief.

Cough Suppression
This isn't made to suppress coughs.

Chloraseptic: Temporary Relief from Severe Sore Throat Pain

When your throat is sore, I mean *really* sore, ordinary medications will simply not do. A throat that is exceptionally sore to the point that eating causes excessive pain needs to be numbed and one product designed for this purpose is **Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray**.

**Medicine Commentary:**

** **

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray is a pump spray made to eliminate the discomfort caused by an extremely sore throat. This liquid product is taken by spraying it directly into the throat and then swallowing. Its active ingredient is Phenol (1.4%, as an oral anesthetic/analgesic) and it almost instantly numbs whatever it touches.

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray offers temporary relief and I tend to use it only when my throat is exceptionally sore. I don't usually experience sore throats at this level and my ordinary cold medicine is generally good enough and provides the relief I need. But when a sore throat is exceptional, I will reach for Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray. It numbs the throat and surrounding areas so that you can eat and speak like normal.

** **

As I said, Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray numbs whatever it touches and thus one of the problems with this product is that will likely numb much more than just your throat. The manufacturer recommends reaching the bottle back as far as possible before spraying, but there is only so far back you can go and it is inevitable that the liquid will end up touching other areas, like the back of the tongue. So, one can expect to have several parts of the mouth temporarily numbed when they use this medication.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

** **

A really bad sore throat calls for the big guns, and Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray is exactly that. It does tend to numb areas you would not prefer to be numbed and its relief is only temporary. It isn't the perfect medicine but when it comes to sore throat spray, there are few options available. Only a small number of manufacturers make sore throat spray and this lack of competition has helped to keep Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray at the top of the market. Again, it isn't perfect, but when your throat is raw you will try just about anything and Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray does, at least, provide some short- term relief.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Good for relief of sore throat pain or mouth pain

Cough Suppression
can help reduce the instance of coughing through its numbing effects

This is not your big gun medicine morefor that Mickey Mouse

from Baltimore md

About Me Healthy Adult

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

I mean it numbs my throat for 5 mins i would more recommend this for a canker sore

Works well

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

I get sore throats a lot, which I have tried a lot of home remedies for that never seem to work out. Whenever I lose my voice, or complain of a sore throat someone suggests some random treatment that is "sure to work".

Seriously, Chloraseptic is the only thing that works well enough and long enough to be worth trying. It is the only thing that has really kept my sore throat symptoms from getting worse, and making my day manageable when I do get them. I only wish that I could find the travel sized version at my local pharmacies.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the taste, but honestly it is a very small price to pay for how effective this product is. Plus, you aren't drinking it— just giving a light mist to your throat— so I don't see why the bad taste would be a big issue.

I have also tried a generic store-brand, and the major difference was the quality of the pump/bottle.

TL;DR: 9/10 - Yeah it tastes bad, but it works so well you won't even mind.

Okay product

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

I have to admit, I had never used Chloraseptic throat spray until I was in college. We used it all the time in school to help take x-rays on patients of ours who gag a lot. It helps to numb their throat and therefore reduce coughing and gagging in general. I must say it really does work well on those patients, and that was when I became a believer in this product. My husband is a gagger and if food is not the right consistency or taste, he struggles. So therefore when he has a horrible sore throat, it sometimes makes him gag horribly from coughing so much. Since this was our go to product for gagging at the dental office, I bought it for him when he is sick with a cold and needs something to help with his dry coughs and to prevent a coughing fit. Since it numbs his throat, It works well for him, although he isn't super fond of the taste. It works well though and that is all that matters to me!

Not the Greatest Cold Medicine out there

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

My husband and I tried this Chloraseptic throat spray to see if it could help with our sore throats once. It worked for maybe fifteen minutes, then wore off. It was a pain to try and spray it right on our throats, it made us gag so bad! It also doesn't help that the directions say to spit the spray out after letting it sit for a few seconds. How that's supposed to work on your throat without swallowing it, I have no idea! The flavor was terrible which didn't help with the gag reflex at all. It works by numbing slightly, but I hated the feel of having a part of my mouth partially numb. We have found that it works well on canker sores though that aren't right at the back of your mouth, it numbs the area up just enough to take your mind off it. We've had the same bottle for about 3 years now since we would rather suck on a cough drop than try and spray this stuff down out throats. Don't waste your money, go get some cough drops instead!

• Cough Suppression:

Temporary relief but it tastes AWFUL!

from Kansas

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

When I was a kid my mom always had Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray around. Anytime I started complaining about a sore throat she would go get the spray. I stopped complaining anytime I got a sore throat due to the fact that the spray tastes SO horrible.

The spray has a numbing agent in it that helps relieve throat pain. All you do is spray the spray in your mouth and swallow. The bad part is having to have that NASTY stuff in your mouth. It's cherry flavored but there is no cherry flavor to it. It's just a strong medicine tasting liquid. It just tastes so incredibly bad, that's why I don't use it. The spray does numb your throat for about 15-20 minutes but then it's back to hurting again once that numbing agent wears off. Then you have to spray that horrible stuff in your mouth again. No thanks.

There are products that work better than this spray and don't taste so disgusting. Keep this as one of your last options.

Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:Temporary Fix

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

My kids all have allergies, so sore throats are common in my house almost year round. It's hard to give cough drops to younger kids for fear of choking, and cough medicines have so many restrictions. I discovered this throat spray and I love it. It's not a hard concept of what it is. If you have ever had a Chloraseptic lozenge before you know how they taste. They actually seem to have a numbing effect on your tongue and throat. This spray has simply eliminated the need to suck on something and instead get temporary relief for a sore throat. I don't think it should be used on young children, but for ages 8 and up I think it would work. You simply spray a few times towards the back of the mouth and swallow. You should not eat or drink right after as this negates the effect. You get a nice numbing of the soreness in the throat. The cherry flavor is pretty good tasting too, they also have an orange one. Good relief for a sore throat.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Just the pain of a sore throat

Cough Suppression
My make your throat not hurt as much, doesn't really stop coughing.

Don't waste your money

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

I have tried the Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray quite a few times in the past. Ever time I had taken it, the spray did not work to relief my sore throat. I always ended up getting the sore throat spray more on my tongue than in the back of my throat. When I did spray the back of my throat, it only numbed my throat for a few minutes. It still hurt when I coughed or swallowed. You would think that the cherry flavored sore throat spray would taste good, but it didn't. Every time I sprayed it in my mouth, it made me want to gag. The spray does not help with congestion. I still had a stuffy nose after use. The spray also does not help with a cough as well. My cough was still as bad after taking the chloraseptic spray, as it was before taking it. If you want to have relief from your sore throat, I would look else where. The only thing that the Chloraseptic throat spray did was numb my tongue and did not help with my sore throat symptoms.

• Cough Suppression:

Good specifically for sore throat pain, even bad sore throats

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

For what it's labeled as being for, which is sore throat relief, it's pretty good. Some of the ratings listed are not relevant for this product here. So, I advise the reader only to look at the one relevant thing, which is for relief of a sore throat. For that alone, this formulation receives an 8. It cools and relieves the pain on contact. I rate it well here for that specific reason alone. The kind of pain I'm talking about is the sort that stings and aches and makes swallowing hurt. Also relieved is the pain that feels like a scraping feeling due to postnasal drip running down a red throat excoriated from secretions from a cold. I use it by spraying as far back on my throat as I can, especially the red areas and also where I see secretions running. I have also treated my throat by spraying enough in my mouth to be able to gargle. I find that relief lasts a couple hours, and I then repeat the treatment.

Congestion Relief
This isn't what the product is for. But it does help with the sore throat caused by drainage into the throat from congested sinuses.

Chest Congestion Relief
Again, this isn't what the product is meant for. Not a relevant rating.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This is not for body aches and pains. But the pain it works on is sore throat. If this refers to throat pain only, it gets an 8. But not for pain anywhere else on the body. It's a topical throat pain relief.

Cough Suppression
This isn't really what this is for specifically, but I find that by spraying the throat and easing the pain, it eases the cough reflex, than maybe it does this job indirectly. It may also do this job by cleansing the throat of postnasal drip that causes coughing.

A great product!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

I think that Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray is great! It really did a great job to help relieve the severe sore throat pain and made it feel numb to help ease it. I used it a lot when I was younger and many episodes of tonsillitis and this spray helped me tremendously. Now that my tonsils have been out for many years, I really don't get sore throats hardly at all,but if I did I would certainly use this product again.

Congestion Relief
It really didn't do much for my congestion, but then it was mainly to use for sore throat pain anyway, so that was fine with me.

Chest Congestion Relief
It really didn't do much to help relieve chest congestion relief,but then it is really more for the sore throat pain.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This spray doesn't do anything to relieve body aches and pain,but then it is actually supposed to be for the relief of severe throat pain anyway and it is great for that.

Cough Suppression
It did help a little bit with cough suppression because my throat didn't hurt as much when I used the spray.

sore throat helper

Comments about Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray:

I can always count on this Chloraseptic sore throat spray to help sooth my sore throat! This is a cold relieving product I have been using since I was a little kid. Anytime I would be getting ready to go to sleep but found that my sore throat was keeping me up my mother would spray this spray in my mouth. Even now I turn to this Chloraseptic spray to help me soothe my sore throat. I usually open my mouth and stick my tongue out and make the "ah" noise the doctor asks you to make and then I aim the spray at the back of my throat and spray about two or three times. I find that after I do this I get a numbness feeling in my throat which helps soothe my sore throat. This product is easy to use with an easy spray applicator that makes it easy to reach the back of my throat. I feel confident in recommending this product to anyone whether it be an adult or a child because this product does an excellent job at doing what it promises which is soothing sore throats.