Other Grills:

Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill

Pros

Cons

Good Quality Grill that is very affordable

Affordable grill with great grilling surface area. Easy assembly and relatively light weight. Heat distribution isn't great but works well. Very happy with this grill which has been used for family use over 4 years and for hosting multiple parties of over 50 people.

Grilling is easy and since the area is large it can handle parties too. Just need to watch food if grilling on high. Temperature distribution isn't always 100% even when not over a burner

Has optional rotisserie for additional purchase

Battery operated start and high quality knobs make the ignition a snap.

Grates are good quality and easy to clean up with a little water and a grill brush while the grates are still warm.

Durability is not the best for living in upstate NY, but a very good quality cover can be purchased for a relatively cheap

Not bad design. The top is relatively heavy for grill size. Side "tables" don't fold down so its tough to store unless you have a covered porch or shed big enough. Wheels on one side make moving the grill easy on hard surfaces.

Char-Broil offers a decent grill without breaking the bank!

We bought this grill after our other Char-Broil broke down.  Now to be fair, we've had that grill for a few years and it didn't cost a lot of money so we probably got a fair deal on it.  My husband likes to grill a lot so having a BBQ is absolutely essential for us but we don't have a lot of money to spend on something like that.

For the price this BBQ seemed to be the best one out there.  It cooks pretty evenly, the stainless steel is nice because we live in a rainy area and it prevents rusting.  Overall it feels a little shaky, not very solid.  You can definately tell that it isn't a higher end grill but it does what we need it to do, mainly just grill up a few hamburgers and hotdogs every other day or so.

The apperance is nice and it's definately not an eye sore out on our back patio.  This size is okay and the wheels make it easy to move.  I like the convenience of propane because you don't have to worry about getting a flame started.

Char-broil

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy Assembly
  • Easy To Use
  • Even Heat

Cons

• Difficult Setup

• For Self/Couple

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

We have this grill for a few years. It works great.

Great Grill!

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

This grill is a great grill for the average family. It has a platform for holding platters, a gas burner for cooking as you grill. The grill itself is generous, holding even full racks of ribs. The controls are also very flexible, allowing rapid searing on high, clear down to cooking on low, to allow food to slow cook without burning. I even hold food at serving temp by raising the lid about an inch, holding it up with a grilling tool.

Platform could be stronger.

Great product for price!

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

We have always used a charcoal grill but decided a gas grill would be nice for those days when we just wanted to quickly grill something. We didn't want to spend too much money on our first gas grill so we went with this model. I wanted at least 3 burners as well as a side burner. Our grill came put together so I cannot comment on the ease of assembly. We have had many delicious quick and simple meals using this grill over the last month. I advise purchasing a cover to go along with the grill to keep it from the elements. We will also store ours in our garage during the colder months to keep it durable for even longer. We haven't had any issues with cleaning the grill and we always oil it before cooking so food doesn't tend to stick. The burners seem to distribute heat equally across the grates. We long the higher rack for cooking veggies and warming buns. I highly recommend this grill for a beginner/intermediate cook.

Char-Broil Gas Grill

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in purchasing a gas grill.

I have never had any problems and the heating elements are quite easy to regulate which is important for grilling both meats and vegetables.

Versatility
It is easy to use as a smoker if you purchase a small smoker box, which I did and it works wonderful. Indirect grilling is simple and I have found that it works very well on this grill (e.g., not too much heat on the indirect part).

If you can turn a valve and push a button you can use this grill.

As long as you clean it after each use there is no build up and I keep it greased with Olive Oil which makes it rust resistant and easier to get any residue off.

I wasn't quite sure how durable this would be until we had a terrible wind storm and it blew half way across our yard. We picked up the pieces and put everything back together and started it. It worked fine.

I like the design and the convenience of the tray on the side.

Love this grill.

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

Easy to start and easy to clean. Only issue is there are a couple of cold spots near the front.

The performance on this grill is excellent. I love the thermometer on the lid. The numbers of burners is a great help.

Versatility
Very versatile. Whether you are cooking a large meal or a small one, this is the grill for you.

Starts right up every time.

Cleaning can be a little bit of a problem, but all grills are a pain to clean.

I leave it out in the weather all year. We have some pretty bad winters around here.

Good Quality Grill that is very affordable

Has optional rotisserie for additional purchase

Battery operated start and high quality knobs make the ignition a snap.

• Versatility:

The Char-Broil T480 is a great backyard gas grill.

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

All around good grill. Quality, style, and functionality are among the best in the market.

Easy start. Good balance of flame.

Versatility
With two levels and four burners, you can cook anything on this grill.

Mobile. Quick connect. Large controls.

Burn off excess and rub with pumice stone.

I've had this grill longer than any other in the past.

Very stylish.

Very good

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I recommend this, it works well and is easy to use. good value for the price. We bought this grill after our other Char-Broil broke down. Now to be fair, we've had that grill for a few years and it didn't cost a lot of money so we probably got a fair deal on it. My husband likes to grill a lot so having a BBQ is absolutely essential for us but we don't have a lot of money to spend on something like that.

I recommend this, it works well and is easy to use. Just light and go, it stays lit and cooks evenly

Versatility
I recommend this, it works well and is easy to use. The Char-Broil Tru-Infrared represents an innovative approach to an inexpensive all infrared gas grill. This unit uses a simple sheet of perforated stainless steel to convert the output of a standard gas burner into infrared energy. This unit has three burners that put out only 30,000 BTUs under 500 square inches of cooking space but can still get the job done

I recommend this, it works well and is easy to use

I recommend this, it works well and is easy to use. Just soap and water bring it back to pre use condition. Very nice!

I recommend this, it works well and is easy to use

Well designed item

Nice!

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I use this grill about 3-5 times a week , so it gets heavy use. Its good at everything. The cooking is very even and the plates are easy to clean. And its very solid. Downside is it has a bad starter. But overall good and I do reccomend this to people.

The steel grates make it easy to clean

• Versatility:

Easy to clean and nice design.

from Mount Pleasant, TX

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I'm happy with my grill it so easy to clean just got it this year and I haven't had a problem with it. It heats the food evenly and you can just cook on one side which is great when you only what to cook a small amount . The connections for the gas are easy to install. The design of the grill is great it goes with my patio furniture since I have all black it looks good.