Other Grills:
Gas Grills
Char-Broil
Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill

Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill

Pros

• Easy assembly (5)
  • Durable (3)
  • Easy to clean (3)

• For self/couple (6)
  • Small gatherings (5)
  • Large gatherings (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Grilling enthusiast (4)

Good Quality Grill that is very affordable

Affordable grill with great grilling surface area. Easy assembly and relatively light weight. Heat distribution isn't great but works well. Very happy with this grill which has been used for family use over 4 years and for hosting multiple parties of over 50 people.

Grilling is easy and since the area is large it can handle parties too. Just need to watch food if grilling on high. Temperature distribution isn't always 100% even when not over a burner

Versatility
Has optional rotisserie for additional purchase

Battery operated start and high quality knobs make the ignition a snap.

Grates are good quality and easy to clean up with a little water and a grill brush while the grates are still warm.

Durability is not the best for living in upstate NY, but a very good quality cover can be purchased for a relatively cheap

Not bad design. The top is relatively heavy for grill size. Side "tables" don't fold down so its tough to store unless you have a covered porch or shed big enough. Wheels on one side make moving the grill easy on hard surfaces.

Char-Broil offers a decent grill without breaking the bank!

We bought this grill after our other Char-Broil broke down.  Now to be fair, we've had that grill for a few years and it didn't cost a lot of money so we probably got a fair deal on it.  My husband likes to grill a lot so having a BBQ is absolutely essential for us but we don't have a lot of money to spend on something like that.

For the price this BBQ seemed to be the best one out there.  It cooks pretty evenly, the stainless steel is nice because we live in a rainy area and it prevents rusting.  Overall it feels a little shaky, not very solid.  You can definately tell that it isn't a higher end grill but it does what we need it to do, mainly just grill up a few hamburgers and hotdogs every other day or so.

The apperance is nice and it's definately not an eye sore out on our back patio.  This size is okay and the wheels make it easy to move.  I like the convenience of propane because you don't have to worry about getting a flame started.

Does what is needed

from Los Angeles, CA

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy Assembly

Cons

• Uneven Cooking

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I occasionally use this grill mainly on the weekend and small gatherings. It's a great grill cook pretty fast. Can't complain about the price. You can say it's a starter gril.

• Couple No Kids

Who knew I could grill?

from Wichita, KS

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I had NO idea I could grill. Got this second hand from a friend and I'm trying things I never thought I could do! I love steak, and just grilled my first one and it turned out great! So easy to clean, which makes me excited to use it again and again!

• Single Female

I would buy this again!

from Sandusky, OH

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
    • Durable
    • Easy Assembly
    • Easy To Clean

• Great Searing

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I bought this for my husband for Father's Day. He was absolutely thrilled. It is the perfect grill for our family. It is easy to manage and does not over heat and burn the meat. I would recommend this for anyone starting out or wanting to perfect their skills.

• Family Young Kids

Love this grill

from Statesboro, Ga

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
      • Durable
      • Easy Assembly
      • Easy To Clean

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I use my grill almost daily, in my family We love the fresh off the grill taste you get when you grill, it taste better and comes out amazing and not soggy like you get in the oven.

• Family Young Kids

Summer grilling

from Uniontown, PA

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy Assembly
        • Easy To Cleanup
        • Easy To Use

Cons

• Bad Starter

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

Picked this up for my husband a year ago. I lucked out and was able to pick up a floor model saving us the trouble of putting it together (the store did a great job on assembly). Last summer the grill was used at least 3 days out of each week. Lol I had to replace the tank three times over the summer! The racks and plates are easy to remove and easily wipe clean. My starter did stop working but I admit the grill stayed outside for the entire year so I accept responsibility for that. It's still very easy to remove a plate and light it. My food always comes out perfect. The grill heats very evenly. There are 4 knobs to adjust for different food items. Definitely ranks up there as one of my top purchases.

Char-broil

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy Assembly
        • Easy To Use
        • Even Heat

Cons

• Difficult Setup

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

We have this grill for a few years. It works great.

Great Grill!

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

This grill is a great grill for the average family. It has a platform for holding platters, a gas burner for cooking as you grill. The grill itself is generous, holding even full racks of ribs. The controls are also very flexible, allowing rapid searing on high, clear down to cooking on low, to allow food to slow cook without burning. I even hold food at serving temp by raising the lid about an inch, holding it up with a grilling tool.

Platform could be stronger.

Great product for price!

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

We have always used a charcoal grill but decided a gas grill would be nice for those days when we just wanted to quickly grill something. We didn't want to spend too much money on our first gas grill so we went with this model. I wanted at least 3 burners as well as a side burner. Our grill came put together so I cannot comment on the ease of assembly. We have had many delicious quick and simple meals using this grill over the last month. I advise purchasing a cover to go along with the grill to keep it from the elements. We will also store ours in our garage during the colder months to keep it durable for even longer. We haven't had any issues with cleaning the grill and we always oil it before cooking so food doesn't tend to stick. The burners seem to distribute heat equally across the grates. We long the higher rack for cooking veggies and warming buns. I highly recommend this grill for a beginner/intermediate cook.

Char-Broil Gas Grill

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in purchasing a gas grill.

I have never had any problems and the heating elements are quite easy to regulate which is important for grilling both meats and vegetables.

Versatility
        It is easy to use as a smoker if you purchase a small smoker box, which I did and it works wonderful. Indirect grilling is simple and I have found that it works very well on this grill (e.g., not too much heat on the indirect part).

If you can turn a valve and push a button you can use this grill.

As long as you clean it after each use there is no build up and I keep it greased with Olive Oil which makes it rust resistant and easier to get any residue off.

I wasn't quite sure how durable this would be until we had a terrible wind storm and it blew half way across our yard. We picked up the pieces and put everything back together and started it. It worked fine.

I like the design and the convenience of the tray on the side.

Love this grill.

Comments about Char-Broil T480 Gas Grill:

Easy to start and easy to clean. Only issue is there are a couple of cold spots near the front.

The performance on this grill is excellent. I love the thermometer on the lid. The numbers of burners is a great help.

Versatility
        Very versatile. Whether you are cooking a large meal or a small one, this is the grill for you.

Starts right up every time.

Cleaning can be a little bit of a problem, but all grills are a pain to clean.

I leave it out in the weather all year. We have some pretty bad winters around here.