Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Cons

Amazing and very cute

from Saudi Arabia

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Not Greasy

Cons

• Acne-Prone Skin
    • All Skin Types
    • Daily Use
    • Oily Skin
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

A very good product and I can not do without it very, very final Mviddi doctor described to me the obvious
    For sensitive skin and fatty at the same time

Use it with water or without water survey cotton

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Quick and economical

from Edina, MN

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

The Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar is one of the few bar soaps I would use, whether for face or for body. Bar soaps are usually too dehydrating for the skin, but the Cetaphil bar is both cleansing and protecting for your face. Its great for the shower. I use the liquid one at the sink. The bar is simple and quick to use and forms a nice soothing, soft lather to cleanse the skin of daily impurities. It lasts a good amount of time and comes at a really good price. Easy to afford. My husband likes it as well. It is great for all skin types whether dry, normal, oily, young, old, etc. Its a very basic and easy way to keep your skin clean and refreshed each day.

Does a good job of removing impurities without leaving your skin dry and stripped of its natural oils.

Ease of Application
    Simple. A little water and you are set.

Cetaphil is great and known for its products with little to no scent. So its great for sensitive skins.

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar - good for sensitive skin

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion, and I like it very much, but sometimes I wanted my face to feel a little "cleaner" - for example, in the summer, when cleaning with a lotion leaves my face feeling a little too oily. A clerk in a drug store recommended the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar instead. The soap works really well, just like the Lotion, in that it doesn't cause my skin to break out or become irritated. The soap also does not leave my face feeling dry or tight. Another benefit is that the lotion tended to clog up in the pump dispenser, and it was hard to clean it out; the bar of soap obviously doesn't have that problem. And even though I keep this soap in the shower, where it gets wet a lot even when not being used, it doesn't get mushy or gooey like some soaps do. Finally, the bar lasts longer than the lotion. Overall, I recommend this soap for dry or sensitive skin.

It has no scent. I like this because I know I'm not adding any additional additives or chemicals from perfume to my skin.

Great for sensitive skin

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

I've used many different soaps to help with my dry, sensitive, eczema ridden skin and Cetaphil has given me the best results consistently. It helps my skin stay smooth and soft. It doesn't dry out my skin and I've never had a reaction to it(other soaps have given me rashes). It hasn't cured my eczema(didn't expect it to) but it has greatly helped. It's my go to choice for soap. I won't use anything else!

It works well. It's strong enough to remove all my makeup and the dirt and grime from the day. I use this soap when I shower after working out/ doing yard work and it works against body odors too(tmi?).

Ease of Application
    Cetaphil is very gentle and cleans and lathers well. It also rinses away easily and doesn't leave a residue or sticky feeling. I love how it makes my skin feel so moisturized after showering.

The scent of this soap isn't strong. The closest thing I can compare it to smelling like is baby powder.

Trusted brand, amazing results

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

I have used this facial soap for years. I started using it in my early 20's when I started getting hormonal acne due to pregnancy. I still used this soap even after the babies came. It cleared up my acne, even though the product does not specifically state that is what it is for. I love this soap because it is a gentle cleanser that penetrates deep into the pores and leaves your face feeling super clean with feeling dry or tight. I like that this brand of soap comes in different formulas, as the one shown above, sensitive and anti-bacterial. The anti-bacterial is the one that I personally use.

Leaves your face very clean without dryness or tight feeling. My personal experience has been that the anti-bacterial formula helped clear my acne, even though the product does not claim to do so.

Ease of Application
    Just like any other bar of soap, wet it, lather up, wash your face and rinse. You're done!

This products is unscented, however there is a slight scent of soap.

• Ease of Application:

Gentle cleansing that does what it promises

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

I've tried many facial cleansers over the years, and have always read that Cetaphil is one of the products that gets on everyone's Top Products List. I just recently tried it for myself, and I'm hooked! I love this soap--it lathers well to gently remove dirt and makeup and it leaves my skin soft and feeling clean and moisturized. I've used some cleansers in the past that leave my skin feeling "squeaky clean," but over the years I noticed that those products also leave my skin feeling tight and dry. I've never experienced a problem like that with the Cetaphil bar, which makes me feel like it's probably better for my skin than other soaps. I prefer the bar rather than the cream cleanser just because it works better for my personal routine, but I wouldn't hesitate to try the cream cleanser as well.

This product removes stubborn 8-hour cream foundation without stripping my skin.

Ease of Application
    This product lathers well and rinses easily to leave my face soft and makeup-free.

The scent is very light, kind of soapy, not intrusive at all.

• Ease of Application:

Gentle on skin but gets the job done

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

I love this bar! I have sensitive skin and have not had the best results with some of the facial cleansers out there. Then i tried Cetaphil's Gentle Cleansing bar. It is easy to use, lathers well and leaves my skin with a truly clean feeling (no tightness or "film" that I have felt after using other products). Best of all, it is very gentle and has had no negative effects on my sensitive skin. I recommend it to anyone.

Gently but thoroughly cleanses skin without any tightness or "film".

Ease of Application
    Very easy... It lathers well, using either fingers or soft cloth.

I cannot really comment on the scent since I have a very weak sense of smell but there was no "n/a" option and I could not fairly say that it was "poor"

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

I use the Cetaphil Gentle Daily Cleanser and sometimes my skin still felt like it wasn't completely clean, so on a friend's recommendation I tried this bar. It is scent -free, foams up nicely, and does seem to lift a little more of the oil and dirt on my face, so I use it in the summer when I'm more active. I'd recommend the Cleansing Bar if the Daily Cleanser leaves your face a little too oily.

Cetaphil Cleansing Bar Helps Eczema

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar:

There are two types of Cetaphil Cleansing Bars, the version that is antibacterial and the version that is not. I don't like to overuse antibacterial products as I feel it contributes to the super germs we are seeing these days, so when we can find it we buy the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar. If it does not say the word "Antibacterial" on the box, it does not have the antibacterial properties. This information came directly from the company, so I am comfortable with it.

My husbands dermatologist recommended the Cetaphil Cleansing Bar because he suffers from a bad case of eczema during the winter months when the air is dry. He has large red and scaly patches of skin all over his legs and stomach area. Although my husband loves this soap free cleansing bar, I am not seeing the results we expected, and he has been using it for a few years now, faithfully.

Although his eczema problem has gotten somewhat better, the Cetaphil has not totally cleared it up. When he gets out of the shower he is still pretty much covered with these same red spots. He feels this cleansing bar is moisturizing, and it is made especially for dry and sensitive skin. It can be used on the face or the body and Cetaphil considers it to be a mild cleanser. It is hypoallergenic, non-irritating, dermatologist recommended (and I can attest to that), and is non-comedogenic, meaing it won't clog your pores.

Overall, I rate this as a pretty good product, but certainly not exceptional. I have used it and I prefer the more naturally based cleasners.

Ease of Application
    As easy to use as any other bar soap. Lathers nicely.

Hardly any scent so if you like unscented products this is one to look at.