Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

The best Camera for the price!

So I had an older Canon and I loved it and used it so much that after 2 1/2 years the camera just stopped turning on!

This camera...Read complete review

This camera was the one I had my eye set on! You have to manually put the flash up (if you don't put it up the camera tells you too before you take the picture if you need the flash)  but I love that about it makes me feel more like a real photographer! It has all kinds of different settings! I typically use Auto but it works great when you set it to what you want!

I would recommend this camera for anyone that loves to just take pictures and doesn't want to spend a ton of money! I only paid 230.00 plus tax.

This camera takes beautiful photos! 10x optical zoom 40 total zoom and 8 megapixels!

Just a GREAT camera I have it will me at all times! :)

***Oh and don't forget the Rechargable batteries they are a must and not that expensive! :) It only takes 2 AA so if you get a big package you will have a few backup sets!***

The canon powershot SX100 IS Is a good camera for beginners.

The Canon Powershot SX100 IS is a good camera for beginners. People that want pro quality pictures easy will love this camera. With a zoom lens of 10 x15 is really nice on zooming in on a band at a concert if you're too far back. The face finder will make it easyer to find your daughter in a dance recitle or your son in a group of kids playing soccer. Downside, the wheel on top is easy to turn and can turn without you knowing you've gone from auto to manual. Though I've only had this camera a month, I love it. Don't know what I'd do without it.

Takes amazing pictures, just wish the battery life was better

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

I received this camera as a Christmas gift and am very pleased with it. Overall, it takes wonderful pictures. I love that it has an auto setting where the camera will detect which mode should be used and then automatically selects the best mode for the situation you are in. You can also choose on your own. I've had a lot of fun experimenting with different settings in different places where I am taking pictures. It is great for quick and fun shots of things like family parties, but you can also get great nature shots, distance shots and even great shots with odd lighting (such as with low lighting environments like rock concerts). Overall this is a great camera if you want high quality semi professional quality without spending a fortune.

Battery Life
The only thing I don't like about this camera is that it seems to eat batteries faster then anything I've used before. When I was on our honeymoon, I had three sets of batteries with us on one of our day trips. I know I took a lot of pictures, but I went through all three sets and ended up buying another set. Even with the higher quality batteries that are supposed to have a longer live span, these seemed to still drain life very quickly.

Portability
It is easy to carry around with you, but not as portable as some models of similar price point and quality. It was also a little bit of a challenge to find a decent case that I liked that worked well with the camera.

Great pre-Digital SLR

from Plano, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

This Canon Powershot was my second Canon purchase, and based on my first experience, a great one! I had not yet delved into the Digital SLR world but was interested in advanced digital camera photography that my first Canon did not provide.

With this camera, I was a novice but I was able to experiment with aperture, light settings, action settings and macro photography. With regards to aperture, the camera has AV and PV settings, which the AV I found in my experience to allow more light in your shot. With light settings, I often turned off the flash because I found the flash to be too stark. If I used a tripod or nestled the camera on a surface, blurry photos were not a problem. With action settings, the one thing I wish this camera did was rapid fire, continuous shooting. The camera is just not fast enough to do this, so no continuous shooting was possible on this Canon. In all, a great camera and great warmup to the Canon T2i that I purchased after this.

Battery Life
I went through double AA batteries on this like crazy, but at least it was not a proprietary battery so I could always buy more when I was out and about.

Canon SX100 IS - a good all purpose camera

from Nashua, NH

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

I really like Canon cameras and this is no exception. It's very easy to use and the pictures come out great. I don't want to spend a lot of time learning to use a camera and with this one, I had no problem getting to the basics quickly. The downside to this camera first is its size. It's not nearly as small as other point and shoot cameras. It's kind of a fat camera and not one I can just stuff in a pocket or purse. The other downside is action shots. You cannot take quick shots, one after another. For photographing kids, this is a pretty serious drawback, because the best shot is often right after the first one, and with this camera, you're going to miss that second shot. I took this camera into a classroom to take pictures and almost returned it based on its performance there. The shots I got came out great but there were many frustrating moments of missed shots while I waited for the camera to be able to take the next shot. If that's a drawback you can live with, I would recommend this camera because it's easy to use, has a good zoom and takes great pictures.

• Portability:

The Best Camera I Have Ever Owned!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

I am VERY pleased with my Canon Powershot Sx100 IS Digital Camera!! This is by far the best camera I have ever owned! My husband bought it for me as a birthday gift. It takes high quality professional images that could go up against any professional camera in my opinion! I am very happy with it and plan to keep it in my collection for a very long time! Thanks Canon! :)

Image Quality
Could go up against any professional camera in my opinion!

Awesome! Quick and fast!

Super easy to use! Has many different settings!

I have dropped it several times and used it in many different conditions and it has held up super!

Battery Life
Battery life is good but since I take MANNNNY pictures at once doesn't last long for me personally.

Portability
Easy to throw in my purse and go!

Love this Camera

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

Camera is easy to use and take great pictures. I have it it for awhile and my pictures are clear and look professional.

Image Quality
Images are excellent

Sometimes the picture does not snap as fast as I would like, but other than that it great.

Point and shot...Very easy...

I have dropped it a few times and it keeps on working just fine. Would not recommend dropping...

Battery Life
Does seem to eat batteries pretty fast...

Not problem carry it....

Canon Powershot SX100 is the best point and shoot camera

from Hurricane, UT

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

I love my Canon PowerShot SX100 IS digital camera. It is a bit bulkier than some tiny slim digital camera but it is SO worth the extra weight (it is not heavy by any means just a bit larger than some point and shoot cameras) The optical zoom on this is far superior to other point and shoot cameras, it has 10x optial zoom, where most point and shoots have a 3 or 4x optical zoom and let me tell you it makes a world of difference! I love that it takes AA batteries so even if you were to kill you batteries when you are out and about, it is so simple to find AAs anywhere! It takes great pictures no matter where you are! It has a ton of different scene options to help you get the best picture possible. It is so simple to use in just 'Auto' mode or you can explore other options like shutter speed and apeture priority, I have learned so much from this camera! The only downside is it is a bit bulky to fit in your pocket, but let me tell you it is worth it just for the awesome optical zoom this camera has!

Amazing mid-range digital camera!

from Lewiston, ME

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

I would like to start off by saying that I LOVE this camera. I was in the market for a new digital camera, I didn't have a ton to spend but I wanted something mid range that was more than a point and shoot camera. I spent some time researching and looking over each choice at the store and finally settled on this one. I'm so glad that I did because I've had nothing but rave reviews and happy customers since. That's right, I use this camera to do freelance photography! I've done weddings, portraits and more and I don't have a single complaint. That being said I've never used a DSLR camera due to cost prohibitions. I've owned my powershot for a couple years now and still have no intention of replacing it because it hasn't given me any reason to. The photos are sharp, high quality and the built in settings are great for getting difficult shots, like fireworks, night shots etc. Thanks Canon for a great camera, you've certainly made me loyal to the brand and I will refuse to purchase anything but Canon in the future!

My first camera and the best.

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

Two years ago I purchased a Canon Powershot SX100 IS Digital Camera. Before this purchase I had never owned my own camera. I researched for a few months and knew that I wanted to spend a decent amount of money for a high quality camera that would last for years. I purchased this Canon camera with money I had saved up just for it. This camera has never let me down. I have high quality photos that I can now share with family across the country. The options of manual, automatic, children, outdoors, etc. is very helpful. I enjoy learning new features and functions about and with my Canon camera. The only things that I don't enjoy are the zoom function when you try and zoom too far away it is blurry and you can't focus on your focalpoint. I don't understand why the camera would allow you to zoom that far if it does not focus that far away. I also was bummed to find out the camera did not come with a case or bag.

The canon sx100 is the best camera I have ever owned.

from Carl Junction, MO

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

I am a mom with 4 girls and am trying to capture as many memories as I can before they are grown.  This is my second digital camera and I am extremely impressed with it.  It takes professional quality  pictures and it also records video.  I bought a larger memory card and now can take still pictures or record videos of my girls wherever we are without having to carry multiple items with me.  The pictures are clear, and bright.  You are given the ability to take pictures in Sepia or Black and white.  You are also able to correct any red eye that you may have.  This came in really handy when my four year old was a flower girl last year.  She was so cute in the pictures, but because of the dark lighting she had red eye.  The red eye corrector completely fixed it. I really don't think any mom should be without this camera!  It also has a zoom so powerful that I am able to sit at the back of the school auditorium and zoom in to take pictures of my girls.  This is extremely handy.  Now I will never miss a shot.  If you have a family this is a definite need!

the sx100 is awsome compared to others

from Desha, AR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera:

I have used many digital cameras and this one seems to out perform most.  It isn't the most updated version, but it seems to be better than most of the newer versions.  All of the kodak cameras i've owned if you drop them once they are no longer anygood.  I have dropped this one a couple of times and it is still going.  The zoom on it is awesome i can take pictures from a long distance and still get them as clear as if you were standing right there.  Battery life is good i can do a whole day of holiday picture taking, which for me is at least four hundred without changing the batteries.  The controls are easy to use and very clear.  Uploading your pictures to the computer is simple.  The only annoying factor about the camea is not being able to turn off the autoflash at times.  I have always been impressed with cannon compared to others and this one definatley out performs Kodak by far.