Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Canon
Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera

Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera

Canon Powershot SD750 - terrific digital camera!

This is a sleek-looking little camera that my parents bought late last year. This is the first digital camera they ever bought and the one they chose is the **Canon PowerShot SD750.**  It is really compact and easy to hold or slip into a pocket. It feels solid and well made and has a dark gray metal body. Included is a wrist strap and a thick, soft case to protect it. This camera features a nice 7.1 megapixels, which produces lovely, clear photographs when used with standard settings not above ISO 400.  It also features a 3x optical zoom which is fine for the our needs. It also features a 3072 x 2304 max resolution, which is definitely quite enough.  The battery is a Rechargeable Lithium Battery NB-4L. The ISO speed goes up to 1600. This camera also has a speaker and a microphone, an AF assist beam and a red eye reduction lamp. (The red-eye reduction feature is terrific.) There is a flash feature, which covers 1.6-11 ft, and the lens is a 5.8mm to 17.4mm optical zoom lens, which is 35mm to 105mm equivalent in 35mm photography. The digital zoom is 4x. The normal focusing range is 1.0 ft./30cm to infinity. The zoom operates smoothly and quietly. It extends out of the front of the camera automatically when the power is turned on. When you shut the camera off, the zoom folds back up into the camera, making it flat and able to be easily stored. An orange light appears while the camera is charging, and it turns green when done, usually an hour later.  The amount of photos you can take varies depends on your usage, but we found that we were able to take about 80 pictures. This camera features five movie modes including 30 fps VGA, time lapse and fast frame rate of 640 x 480. There is also a built-in microphone to record sound with the movies you plan to put on the web.  The shutter speed is more than acceptable. It focuses quickly depending on the lighting, but takes no more than a few seconds. By simply pressing shutter button halfway to focus, and selecting a shooting mode, you can record a 'special scene mode' or movie. ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto help to reduce image blur and expand low-light shooting capability. We took a variety of photos ranging from daytime in bright sunlight to around dusk and evening time.  We got great results with vivid colors too. It's really easy to print out pictures too just by downloading to your computer. The pictures that have been printed look sharp and clear. The playback self-timer is pre-set to 10 seconds or you can custom set it for your own use. Digital macro is max wide angle 3-10 cm 1.2 to 3.9 inches manual or simply set to auto. Also, setting the date and time is easily done. This **Canon PowerShot SD750** digital camera does not feature an optical viewfinder;  The LCD does a good job even on sunny days because it has a scratch-resistant coating and is anti-reflective.  The LCD features approximately 230,000 pixels and a wonderful, large, colorful three-inch screen. **The Canon PowerShot SD750** has a guidebook, which is included, to assist with other questions. All you need to do is to look over the owner's manual once or twice in order to master the basics operation for use. It takes very good quality photos too. This digital camera is easy enough for anyone to use.

Canon PowerShot SD 750 is okay

We had the Canon PowerShot SD 750 for about two years. It was a birthday gift and we used it as our primary “fun” camera through most of the period. In general it was a pretty good camera, but one day it just stopped taking pictures. As far as we could tell, it wasn't damage, it would just turn on, do all functions but produced black pictures and video. The LCD would also show just black. The mic would still pick up sounds, but otherwise the camera was dead. We called Canon, but it was out of warranty. They kept on asking what we did to break the camera... Anyways before then, we used the camera every week. Here are the pros:

- It took nice pictures outside and inside if you had enough light.

- The metal body is actually pretty sturdy. It did get scratched up a few times and the metal shell was a life saver at least once.

- The automatic shooting mode was pretty good in picking the right exposure.The controls are easy to figure out. Our 2 years old actually got good as using this camera.

- It had good battery life and you can buy an additonal rechargeable battery pretty cheaply.

On the cons:

- The camera is a little slow in taking pictures.

- The high ISO pictures are pretty bad.

- Don't use it in dark places, it doesn't take good pictures.

- The videos it takes are pretty low resolution- not even 720p.

All in all, its not a bad camera. Ours broke suddenly but that may have been a fluke. I've had Canons that have lasted for years before. Canon service really sucks though.

I love this camera!

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

First: this camera is an ideal size, easy to take along everywhere. I have had a variety of Canon Powershot cameras since 2004, upgrading every so often for the greater megapixels and new features. This camera is wonderful. I love the big screen, and the rechargeable battery lasts a long time, too! It takes great pictures and great videos. There are tons of features to adjust its exposure to exactly what you're taking pictures of -- in addition to the common ones (auto, manual, kids&pets, portrait, indoor, night portrait, etc)... there's even options for the beach, snow, underwater or aquariums! It has a customizable timer feature: you can set it to wait various amounts of time and to take multiple pictures. That is very helpful as it gives you more time to get into place and more takes to ensure you get a good picture with everybody's eye open. :o) Another neat feature is the panoramic option: it helps you take pictures that you can then put together and build a panoramic shot with. Color swap is always fun, too. I can sing the praises of this camera for pages... The only negative part of any powershot camera (in my experience) is they aren't super durable, and if you aren't careful with it, you can break the motor in the lens. Don't worry, these cameras are NOT fragile... just be careful not to drop it on concrete several times.

Its a widescreen TV in your hand

from Kirkland, WA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

This is one of the best camera I ever had. Solid design and Looks is something which gives this Camera a Value for money. When u have so many camera in the market in the 7 Megapixel area, this one simply stands out because of its look and the widescreen LCD and for the price, its simply perfect..

LOVE THIS CAMERA

from Beaufort, SC

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

This is a great camera.  Very easy to use and delivers great quality pictures! My previous camera was also a Canon but decided to upgrade to the sd750.  My favorite feature is the big screen.  The red eye removal feature is great! You can remove red eye before even uploading the pictures to your computer!

Fastest camera ever

from Park Forest, IL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

This is a GREAT camera. I love the big screen.

I had a Sumsung camera that this one replaced. The old camera took forever between shots. Not this baby. You can take shot after shot. The camera has all kinds of cool in camera fixes that you used to have do on your PC. The face recognition feature is outstanding, better than any other I looked at.

In short, buy it it is worth every penny.

easy to take with us, very small.

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

We bought this camera to replace an old one that was heavy and old.  The first thing we did when got this camera was to put a screen protector on.  Now we don't worry about scratching the screen.  The other thing we bought was a new battery and a memory card with more space.  We are very happy with our purchase.

Wonderful Pictures - Perfect Size

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera a while ago, but only recently used it for the first time on a trip to Ireland.  I was a little worried about relying on it for something so important, since I hadn't gotten a feel for it yet, but I have 400+ beautiful pictures from this camera.  The best thing about it is that there is very little delay when taking a picture.  That is actually the main reason I chose this camera over other types.  The large viewing screen is also very nice.  The camera is small enough to not be a burden or take up too much space in my purse, but it isn't so small that it is awkward to hold.

I like it.

from Fairfax, VA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

This is my first digitial camera. I haven't figured out all the features yet but I am able to do the basics, and those all work very well.  The large screen is great - you can show others the photos from the screen and they can actually see them. The video feature works well too.  The photo quality is very good - no problem with shakiness.  The original memory card does not hold many photos and I had to soon purchase a larger size.  But overall, I love the camera. It is small and lightweight enough to fit in my jean's pocket, and so I actually take it along on trips and use it, rather than previously never wanting to carry a camera with me.

canon's never fail me

from Saratoga, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

I've had canon's forever and started out with film cameras.  they have never failed me and seem to only get better with time.  canon's are reliably great cameras and you really get value for your money.the SD750 has a big screen and is lighter than some of it's counter parts and thinner too.  i've heard canon stopped making cameras with such a large screen beacuse they were easily breakable.  i keep my canon in a case and in my purse all the time and haven't had any problems in the last 3 months that i've owned it.this one is fast and easy to use, they've made some changes with button placements but nothing that would confuse a regular canon digital camera user.  you just can't go wrong with a canon digital camera!

The best camera that I have bought 2 of.

from Watertown, MA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera on a recommendation from a friend when I was replacing my 6 year old sony digital camera.

I love it. It is easy to use and has tons of features. The zoom is great. The face identifier is great too!

It also fits nicely in your pocket!

My Camera Goes Where I go

from Redwood City, CA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera:

The canon-PowerShot sd750 is a GREAT camera. It is small enough to fit in my purse, so I can take it any where. It helped me greatly when I was re-ended. Since I had my camera with me I was able to take photos right after the accident. When i got home I was able to upload them to my computer eaisly and send them to my insurance agent that day. Since I had the photos right away from the accident I was able to prove what happened without any doubts to what had happened. Since I am able to carry it with me any where I go I don't miss great shots of my kids playing their sports or just being silly. It is a great way to caputer unexpected moments in life.

Angela Piazza