Other Digital Cameras:
Canon
Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera

Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera

Little Camera, Great Pictures

I've been looking for a camera since I could remember. Then for my 18th birthday my mom surprised me with the Cannon Power-Shot A570. At first glance, I was skeptical because my best friend had always used a Kodak Photo-share, So I was hoping for one of those. Although, I started fooling around with the options on the camera and I started to get impressed by all the great options that it had and the video option that it featured. I was impressed with the mega-pixel (7.1) for being such a small camera, it takes wondrous pictures! It also can take AA batteries, which for me is a downfall. My first hour just learning the camera and getting familiar with the settings, I went through a set of batteries, from this point I knew that this camera was going to be a battery eater. Although, I invested in rechargeable batteries, and am hoping that it will help. I also wasn't very impressed with the availability of the accessories that came with the camera. I was wishing that it would have a lot more available.I'm not really a direction reader, so I went right at fooling around with all the options and caught on to the camera fairly quick, so it is an easy to learn device. It is also, smaller, so it isn't taking up much room and is easy to fit into purses, backpacks, and ect. It also has great quality sounding videos and clips. With face detection technology, it really did blow me away!!! This is a great camera for the price and the size! I would def. recommend it for 18+.

Good Camera for the price

Bought the Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera with Christmas money and loved it, but now that we have a baby, it is not really fast enough to capture some of the things he does.  It stalls before it actually takes the picture.  I do love the features though.  You can do video, picture (black/white, sephia).  It also has night time settings.  The red eye eliminator doesn't seem to work well.  You can turn the sound off or have noise when you take pictures, when the camera turns on-I like that because if you are at a wedding, you might not want a noise everytime you turn the camera on or take a picture.  This camera has lasted quite a while, and its pretty durable, as I have accidently dropped it several times.  Now we are going to purchase a new camera and my husband is going to keep this for his work use.  Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera will work perfect for his site pictures.

An easy to use and fun camera!

from Flushing, NY

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

I love this camera. I took it on my trip to new Orleans and I took great pictures! It is easy to use. The pictures are excellent .I won this camera which makes it even better! The images are clear. It performed great in all conditions!

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great Point & Shoot

from Akron, OH

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

Just love this little camera. Takes great pictures, easy to use, fits in your purse. Have taken some really close up shots and they turned out very well. Have used 35mm cameras in the past and they are so complicated and heavy to carry around. This one is great for an intermediate photographer like me. Also the price is right, enjoy!

Love the AA batteries and IS technology

from Schaumburg, IL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

Yes, it does make the camera about 50% bigger but I love the fact that it's powered by AA batteries and not lithium-ion.  If you use rechargeable batteries, it'll last you a good amount of time.  I travel to foreign countries a lot, so I find it much more convenient to just buy AA batteries than to find a power converter and carry a charger around.  I also take a lot of nighttime pictures and I hate harsh flashes, so the IS technology is great.  It's not perfect (still a lot of blurry pictures), but a must-have feature.

A really nice camera that is easy to use and is inexpensive.

from Cabot, AR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

Go ahead and buy the additional memory card if you ever want to take more than just a few pictures.  The internal memory gets used up rather quickly.  This camera is fairly easy to use and takes great pictures.  The size is perfect for travel or children's sporting events.  I am not very camera knoledgeable but I can take great pictures with this one.

Little Camera, Great Pictures

from Millerton, PA

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

The best camera I ever owned.

from Florence, AL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

This camera was very easy to use right out of the box. I love all the options, especially the black and white option.  Also the one were you can add color to only one item on the screen.  Very neat.  I also like that you can close the view finder.  This helps to protect the screen and not get scratched up.

Love the ease of use and portability!

from Zimmerman, MN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

This is a nice camera, not heavy, easy to use but loaded with features. The LCD screen is fairly large, clear and vivid.There are many prgramming options with this camera and although it isn't an SLR, there is the option of setting ISO.You can change the quality of your photos from the Function Menu on the camera.  I like this because if I am taking photos for a web site I can put the quality lower and have less kilobites or megabites to upload.This camera sucks up the batteries no matter if I get the expensive ones or the cheapos, will be getting rechargables.

Made me love going digital

from Brick, NJ

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

My husband and I wanted a camera to take photos of our new baby.  I wanted a point and shoot film camera (easy to use and I didn't want to spend hours learning tons of settings).  I am glad my husband insisted on going digital.  This camera has many settings for my husband to play with, including manual.  I love the automatic setting - point and shoot!  The picture quaility is fantastic.  I brought the camera to my baby shower and anyone who touched it was impressed by the ease of use, large display screen and the fact that this camera has a view finder.  We all like the fact that the camera feels substantial in your hand, easy to grip.  The only negative I can think of is the instruction manuals.  There are two - basic info and advanced info and you often need to cross reference the two.  For the price, features and picture quality, I definitely recommend the Canon A570 IS.

Ready, set, shoot.

from Horseshoe Bend, AR

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

I wanted to upgrade from my 5 pixel camera to a 7.2 pixel. I wanted to learn more about photography so hand in hand I brought this camrea and a digital camera book and went stir crazy learning what you can do with digital photography. This camera has been a good investment.

The Canon Powershot is a great first digital camera

from 60525

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera:

I bought my Canon Powershot A570 about a year ago and it's the first digital camera I've owned. I found it to be very user friendly.

One of the things I love about this camera is how fast I was able to understand it. I mean, I know this isn't rocket science but with no experience with this at all, I was taking pictures in less than 30 minutes after taking it out of the box.

It's not a very big camera but it's not one of those tiny, ridiculously skinny credit card sized ones either. It's just the right size for adult hands. It's size also makes it easier to replace batteries, find and use the buttons you need and see the picture on the LCD screen on the back. It has a built in flash, 4x zoom, image stabilizer (great for when you use the zoom) and comes with the software to upload your pictures to your computer. The directions that come with it are great too - one (skinny) book for beginner users and a thicker, more detailed book for advanced users.

Bottom line, for the money this is a great camera. And it lives up to the Canon reputation of quality products.