Other Digital Cameras:

Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

This is the easiest camera to use.

I have had this camera for several months and now I wonder why I never went to digital before.  It is easy to focus and shoot. I love getting the pictures developed. You can lighten the picture and zoom in on it while developing which I could never do with the old 35 mm cameras.  It is light and fits in my purse so I am always ready to shoot pictures. If this is your first digital camera it is a good one to start with. After you get used to it you might want to get a more elaborate one with more options and a better zoom.

Nice basic Camera

It's ok camera. I had to replace my Nikon.  This canon has sound with videos-Great. But I prefer my old Nikon.

If you're clumsy, this camera...Read complete review

If you're clumsy, this camera doesn't take a drop as good as a Nikon.  Trying to find a better inexpensive camera that takes better indoor photos.

The colors are off for indoor lighting without the flash.    For indoors, I can't seem to find the right combination. Maybe it's the lighting of the room.  I have to switch back flourescent lighting because with tungsten, it's not soo great.

For outdoors the colors come out vivid rather than true to color like the Nikon takes them.  I've had 2 Nikon already.  Well, you can check for yourself and compare photos online.

A positve for this camera, you don't need a tripod to get a great photo.

A tiny camera that packs a lot of power!

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

This small point and shoot camera is a great find! With great manual features, as well as easy to use auto features, the Canon PowerShot is a great way to capture moments without being a professional photographer. For people who don't want a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera, this point and shoot is a fantastic alternative for the casual photographer. However if you are a professional photographer, I would go with a more advanced option.

Image Quality
The image quality produced by this point and shoot is incredible.

This camera is a great point and shoot for the money. You won't regret this purchase if you are a casual shooter trying to capture precious moments.

This camera is extremely easy to use and has great manual features for the more advanced photographer.

This is a very durable camera. I have dropped mine before without the camera experiencing any damage.

Battery Life
The battery life of this camera is very impressive.

Portability
This camera is extremely portable and will fit right in your purse or bag.

Nice Camera

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

I got this as a gift last year. I was thankful. The Canon camera is great for shots of friends and family. The pictures are always clear. It's easy to use, to carry around, battery life is okay though. Wouldn't recommend if you're trying to take action photos to purchase this camera. But for nice quality photos of people not moving, pictures of buildings or art, any thing that can be taken a picture of, this is perfect, just not action photos. Really good camera.

• Portability:

Great for an average photographer

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

I don't have any special photography skills. I just wanted a camera that was easy to use and took decent pictures. This camera has served that function. It takes clean pictures and offers multiple settings that allow you to change your picture look. The zoom on it works great. It doesn't do so well with children because they are so fast, but what's to be expected! It's very easy to operate. One downfall of this camera is that it is a bit heavy. It's not as compact as other cameras on the market, and that makes it not as easy to carry around or stuff in your pocket. It's very bulky and would take up a lot of space if you were wanting something compact.

Portability
A little heavier than other digital cameras

love my little camera

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

I have had my camera for six years. It still works just as good now as it did brand new. I have taken it with me to Japan and Panama. It has multiple settings for any situation. The video quality, when zoomed out all the way, is decent enough that I don't bother with my actual video camera. I would not recommend using the digital zoom, because the picture tends to pixelate. Other than that, it is perfect for my use.

• Portability:

good camera also needs to be taken care of

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

After using two years, I am still satisfied with this camera for the good images of each photo. Unfortunately, since my baby was born, I used it to take photos at home. To protect my baby's eyes from being hut, I was trying to cover the red light square on the camera, and gradually the camera was damaged. I regret not following the right rules and regret for such a good camera

• Portability:

Easy to handle for arthritic people

from Scottsboro, AL

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

This a great little camera that's easy to hold on to and use.

Image Quality
some shots were fuzzy but no worse than other cameras

easy to use and gives good pics

this is so easy to hold on to and not a lot of small buttons

just don't act like a little kid with it

Battery Life
doesn't drain like others

Portability
a camera is always portable except when it's not

• Portability:

This is the easiest camera to use.

from Louisville, KY

Decent picture taking

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

The Canon A550 is a great camera for still shots but not so good at comedy shots where you try to catch the subject unaware. It does come with great software for removing red-eye and catagorizing your photo collection. The battery life is OK and the viewfinder is excellent.

very easy to use and produces high quality pictures

from Plano, TX

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

I had never used a digital camera but in approximately one hour from the time the box was opened photos were uploaded to computer. Myself and other family members have all produced very high quality pictures. We have taken full advantage by e-mailing to family and friends.

I love the pictures and the video is clear and the sound is good

from Inez, KY

Comments about Canon - PowerShot A550 Digital Camera:

I use this camera a lot.  It has the best battery life on any digital camera I have ever used.  I use the display exclusively and never use the viewfinder and I am only on my third set of batteries in 5 months.  I take a lot of flash pictures.  The color in the pictures is really great.  It is a simple camera to operate.  I recommend it to everyone.