3.9
Burt's Bees
Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

3.9

Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser softens skin and dries acne!

Burt's Bees Orange Facial Cleanser is an all-natural/organic product that can usually be found in the Natural or Organic section of a grocery store, and often it can be found with the specialty items in box stores like Target. I try to buy it from local health food stores, and when necessary, I will buy it online. One year, this product was available online, and I had run out so I purchased it and had it delivered. Considering that I live on the second floor, this was a nice option, but someone else did need to carry it up those two flights of stairs...

As a teenager, I had occasional outbursts of acne, especially during those really stressful times, like finals or midterms or playoffs. I was prone to these breakouts especially when I was eating greasy foods, as there really was not a lot of time to cook. When you get home after nine pm on long days, and the only thing you want to do is go to bed, but you still have homeowrk, it can be quite frustrating to try to figure out what to eat. Especially if you live more than 20 minutes from a grocery store.

I have more acne as an adult, even though I cook, I am still prone to blackheads, breakouts and general red and raised ares on my face and forehead. These are unsightly, and a little embarrassing to have as an adult (not that it was an less embarrasssing earlier in my life).

Then, I discovered Burt's Bees Orange Facial Cleanser. This product smells like orange oil and is a bright, refreshing scent to be subjected to first thing in the morning in the shower or when washing your face before starting the day. Use only a little bit of this cleanser, perhaps a dime-sized portion on your hand or a wash cloth and rub in circular motions for the best results. As I rub, I notice a warming sensation on my face (as I used to live in a cooler place, this warmth is something I have come to appreciate!).It is especially great if I had been doing some activity that dries my face, like swimming. The orange cleanser moisturizes my face and brings it back to its normal combination skin without the drying, fake tightness that can be created by other facial cleansers.This is important to me because I work in a customer service position where it is necessary for me to smile on a daily basis. If I have tight cheeks or a dry nose, smiling is uncomfortable. Also, it does run a little bit as it warms on your face, and it can burn if it gets in your eyes.

Burt's Bees Orange Facial Cleanser also works to fight existing breakouts. Should I get a pimple on my face, I simply apply the cleanser and let it sit on my face for about ten minutes or so and wash it off. By the morning, the breakout has dried up and, thankfully, crisis averted.

My teenager uses this as well. She often breaks out and uses this to help her avoid thse embarrassing days of going to school with large amounts of acne on her face.

The only problem I have found with Burt's Bees Orange Cleanser is that it is not available year round. It seems to only be available from Fall through the winter months. Sometime in the Spring it becomes unavailable until the later summer months. I have been known to go traipsing from store to store checking inventory or call stores to see if the have any on hand. The Burt's Bees company usually tries to supplement the Orange Facial Cleanser with a Lemon poppyseed facial cleanser with a built in exfolient (the poppyseeds). While it is agood product in its own right, this cleanser does not have the same effect on averting breakouts as the Orange product. But, it is available during those summer months and it does have a fresh lemony smell. In a pinch (between that and nothing, or at least nothing made from all natural/organic ingredients) I have bought the Lemon poppyseed cleanser. It has worked, but not in the same way, and I am always counting the days through summer to the return of the orange cleanser.

For use and effectiveness, I rate this product very highly, but I am subtracting one star for availability.

Burt's Orange Facial Cleanser is great but not for cleansing.

Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of Burt's Bees and have not yet been disappointed in the quality of a product.  But Burt's Orange Essence Facial Cleanser is only great for certain people and certain types of "cleansing."   This soap (though I wouldn't call it a soap at all) does not create any kind of lather at all.  Instead, it is a very fragrant (and tasty - yes, I've tasted it) gel-like substance that feels great on your skin but does not remove makeup or dirt.  I know this because when I used Burt's Rosewater toner after washing my face with the Orange Cleanser, dirt/makeup was visible on the cotton ball.   However, I still give this product a medium rating - not high because I don't think it does what it is advertised to do - clean.  But it is a great in-shower moisturizer.  People with dry skin like me will find that after you take off your makeup and wash your face, this product helps provide extra moisture.   Whether it is necessary or just an unneeded extra step in your process is up to the user.

I found this to be too much for my sensitive face

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

I have really sensitive skin and typically I love Burts Bees but, I wasn't the biggest fan of this product in particular. Even the smell was then what I have come to expect with their products.

I found it to be rather drying. It also tingled on my skin a little bit but, not in a good chemical peel kind of way. I honestly am not sure what else it was suppose to do aside from moisturize so, if it is meant to do a lot more then that, then I guess the marketing was lost on me too. I can say though, this is the only product out of tons that I have tried by them that I didn't care for.

Ease of Application
It was easy to apply and I would say the texture was smooth. I can't stand when they are made so thick that I have to massage it in for a long time just to not have globs still on me. It was smooth and quick to rub on real fast.

It wasn't terrible but, I honestly expected more from them. I felt it had to much of an artificial smell. it may not be artificial but, either way I didnt care too much for it.

• Ease of Application:

My new favorite cleanser!

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

I am so glad that I tried Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser! It is by far the best cleanser I have ever tried. The first time I used the cleanser I noticed a difference in my skin. My skin was no longer oily a few hours after washing it. My acne also cleared up a lot. The cleanser also makes my skin feel very soft. I also love that it smells just like oranges when you are using it.

I am amazed at how effective the Burt's Bees Orange Essence Cleanser is! It has made my acne clear up faster than any product I have ever used. I love that my skin is also less oily.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply. I really like that I do not have to use a lot of this product. A small amount of the cleanser goes very far.

I love the way the Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser smells. While I am applying it smells just like oranges. The orange scent is not too strong either it is a very light fragrance. The smell does not last long which I like because I do not want to smell like oranges all day.

• Ease of Application:

Burt's Bees Burts Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleaner is awesome

from Neenah, WI

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

Burt's Bees Burts Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleaner is in my opinion a wonderful facial cleanser and yet another hit from the wonderful folks at Burt's Bees. I really love how it smells, just fresh and orange-y, its really quite yummy! Burt's Bees Burts Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleaner leaves your skin feeling fresh and deeply cleansed as well as oil free and just plain good feeling! I have never had this cause any breakouts or rashes, and I have very sensitive skin, so this to me is a huge plus. Burt's Bees Burts Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleaner is affordable and readily available at mass merchandisers all over the place and even online from their retail website. It is also in many of their kits and gift sets, which is actually where I discovered this gem, it was a small travel size one in a kit that I received as a gift. I liked Burt's Bees Burts Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleaner enough that I ended up going out any buying the full size one!

Yummy Burts Bees products are the best

from Orange Park, FL

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

My daughter and I both love this product. We have different skin needs, but it still serves us both. She has the typical oily skin of a teen and fights break-outs, using this has helped keep her break-outs under control. I have a dry face, which magnifies any wrinkles, the Orange Essence makes my face feel clean and moisturized.

Burt's Orange Facial Cleanser is great but not for cleansing.

from Chicago, IL

Mediocre and overpriced Burt's Bees products

from Oviedo, FL

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

I normally really love Burt's Bees products. They're products that cost a little bit more than normal, so I only buy when I splurge on myself. This product, however, was a bit too strange for a Burt's Bees item. I don't think I'll be buying this product again anytime soon. It smelled fantastic, and the texture was good, too. It did feel like a scrub, so naturally, it exfoliated pretty well. The only thing is, it doesn't work that well as a "facial cleanser". It didn't really clear my pores, it only buffered my skin and made it softer. I still noticed a plethora of blackheads around my nose and my chin. It did work well for the dry skin, but that was about it. I stopped using this product on my face and started using it on my arms and legs. It works much better as a body scrub than a facial cleaner. It is also too expensive, so I think I won't be buying this product anymore. I would rather spend my money on a product like this from Bath and Body Works.

Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleaner not great

from Homestead, FL

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

Although I usually love Burt's Bees products the Orange Essence Facial Cleanser leaves a lot to be desired. When I opened the tube the smell was a great orange scent, very invigoravting. I washed my face with it, but felt like I had a layer of grease left on my face. I rinsed more than once and used a washcloth to try and scrub this residue off. I was disgusting feeling. I tried the product using less of it and even trying to mix it with water prior to putting it on my face and still had the oily residue like the first time. I ended up throwing out the rest of the bottle because it wasn't working for me and I noticed an increased in blackheads. I definitely wouldn't reccomend this product to anyone I know. Maybe if someone had EXTREMELY dry skin this would work for them, but someone that has normal or oily skin would probably not be satisfied with the results. Burt's Bee is usually one of my favorites, but I won't be buying this product again.

Irritated My Skin, but did help clear it Up!

from Goleta, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

This product irritated my skin when I used it, it would make me red for hours after I washed my face, however it did help clear up some of my acne, so I would recommend it to someone with less sensitive skin.

Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser softens skin and dries acne!

from College Station, TX

Love this Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

from Albany, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser:

What I love this facial cleanser most are: the ingregent 100% natural, and its orange scent. At first, I was so doubtful about its 100% natural ingredent. I heard that something "green" means it does not work. However, at that time, I was pregnant and I decided to use a natural cleanser instead the others with a lot chemicals. And until now, I think my decision was correct. My face skin is really clear after I use the cleaser everynight and every morning. Especcialy, everynight, when I take a bath then use the cleanser, I really relax because of the orange scent. I do love this scent. I also bought another one for my mother and she really likes it.

There is no problem with the quality of this cleanser. However, I do not like the design of the tub much. The tub does not keep the liquid inside everytime I open it. It makes me to waste much cleanser because the liquid drops out of the tub. I hope that the Burt's Bees will improve their design of the tub.