3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Wow, a product that actually works!

I purchased **Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Spot Treatment** in a packet of three **Burt's Bees** products on a whim as I passed the display in the grocery store end cap.  I've tried everything, and nothing ever seems to work. I've been trying to go more natural also -- hoping that move would additionally help resolve the problem.

I initially started using this product only on ONE side (as I generally do with any new product of this type).  I wanted to make a comparison to what I was currently using.  It is, hands down, the best of any products I've tried to date, and at my age I've tried tons.  I would use a product for months and months and if there was no change I would be off looking to try another product -- always in search of the elusive right product. In the end, I had to keep going back to one product in between, because it seemed to work the best of all of them. Unfortunately, it never completely resolved the problem... not any more.  I have found one I'm going to stick with this time and I've recommended it to my daughter for her to try as well (now that I know it actually works).

This product is fabulous -- it works overnight.  I was amazed at the difference.  It's not just a one time thing either, it keeps working.

While it's an excellent product, I found the way to get it out of the bottle a little difficult and somewhat wasteful of the product for such a small quantity and not small cost.  I corrected that problem, and now I don't waste any and it goes exactly where I need.  I removed the plastic inner-stopper-piece and now use a Q-tip to put the product on the spots needed.  I only need to saturate one time and then apply to the specific locations needing treatment.  (I recommend if you chose this route, to keep it sanitary and only dip once)

The smell is a little unusual, but if you don't put too much on it's not too overpowering and it does fade.

Since this is a Targeted SPOT treatment, it doesn't have a lot of product. Asa SPOT treatment it works FANTASTIC (it's not needed for your whole face -- they have a daily moisturizing lotion for that).

**Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Spot Treatment** is the last SPOT treatment you will need.

Burt's Bees Acne Spot Treatment - Didn't work for me

This product didn't work well for me at all compared to other acne spot treatments. I expected a lot more, but didn't get the results I was hoping for.

While I...Read complete review

While I really like that it's from Burt's Bees and is more "natural" than other acne products, it just didn't work on my pimples. I get breakouts quite frequently during my period and tried this several times to see how it would work in comparison to other products. Well, after applying it multiple times to a few pimples, I didn't notice much of a difference. It may have helped to speed along the pimple process a tiny bit, but it just wasn't that noticeable and my pimples were taking forever to go away. Other spot treatments I've tried have worked great for me (like Clean & Clear), but not this. It hardly dried the pimples up at all. It doesn't burn and isn't irritating, which is nice, but it doesn't work, so it doesn't matter much.

I also dislike the strong smell. It just smells disgusting to me. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so super strong, but it's seriously awful. Others may like it, but I can't stand it.

I'm also not a fan at all of the bottle. It's too hard to dispense the product, which is liquid. Sometimes hardly anything will come out, while other times, a whole flood of it will come out. It gets pretty frustrating. Maybe it's just my bottle, but I kind of doubt it.

So, I wouldn't recommend this product. It didn't work for me and the smell is bad. I like the natural product idea, but it just didn't work. I'll stick with my usual acne spot treatments.

No thanks

from Anchorage, AK

Pros

Cons

• Ineffective
    • Irritates Skin

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

I was hoping that this would work well. I am a fan of Burt's Bees and have always liked the products I've used. The price was a bit steep for the small bottle. The liquid was hard to control coming out of the bottle. I personally went through it way too quickly because I didn't have a way to get it onto my pimples besides control balls. I didn't want to use my hands because it smelled so strongly, I wanted to keep it off my skin as much as possible. It didn't even seem to work on my blemishes, at all. Over all, not satisfied.

Doesn't work well

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

Natural isn't always good.

This did nothing for my skin. I really wanted this product to work, but unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me at all. The good thing about this product is that it does not cause any dryness at all and the fact that it is able to absorb quickly.

The smell is a bit strong, but the pimple that I have applied to stayed the same size throughout the two weeks that I used the product.

It's not easy to use, the packaging makes that too much of the product comes out at once.

There is a lot of alcohol in this product, so there is some stinging.

It's hard to say whether or not that this product works. The problem is that many people use multiple products at once, so it's hard to tell which product is producing the effect. This product I used solely and it did not produce any results for me at all. The pimples stayed the same size and did not clear up

Convenience
      Bottle is very small and it is not cost effective at all.

Side Effects
      Smells like licorice, which is a smell that I absolutely cannot stand

Natural acne treatment!

from Rib Lake, WI

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

I love a natural product. Any natural product. Especially when it comes to my face - my most sensitive skin. Burt's Bees makes so many good, natural products, and this is one of them.
      First, this product is "targeted" treatment. It is made to be applied to individual pimples. For that reason, there are people who have their entire face covered in acne, who might not find this product useful.
      Second, I really like the power that this treatment gives you. If I notice acne developing on my face, I can go right to the spot where it is starting and apply a bit of this to deal with it. Just like that.
      Third, I love that this treatment is made from natural ingredients. I really appreciate that, rather than harsh chemicals, in a product that is going to be used on my face.
      My conclusion:
      This is a great product for those who get a pimple or two every now and then.
      I highly recommend this natural product to all.

Hate the smell

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

I appreciate that this is a mostly natural product. I feel better knowing that I am putting fewer chemicals on my face which is why I like Burt's Bees products. I cannot get over the smell of this spot treatment. I know that they try not to add a whole bunch of artificial things when making natural products like this, but could they not make it smell so bad? I did not notice any side effects meaning that my face did not break out even more and my skin did not get worse than it usually was. I don't think that it worked well for me because my acne was still there after 3 days. It wasn't working so I had to return it. I could not see myself using this all the time. I personally don't recommend it but if you are looking for a more eco-friendly way to get rid of your pimples, you should at least give this a try. It was too expensive for me and wasn't effective enough for me to keep on using it.

• Immediacy:

This is my favorite acne treatment

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

The Burt's Bees Natural Acne treatment is my favorite acne cleanser type of thing that I have ever used. My aunt gave it to me one time when I had a lot of pimples. I used it a few times every week and I feel like it worked very well in getting rid of acne and blemishes. It also smelled very "natural" which was also a plus. Another thing I love about this acne treatment is that it does not make my skin as dry as other face washes for acne treatment do. Nevertheless, I do not use it every day, because I am a bit cautious about using acne face washes daily since sometimes they make my skin too try over the long run, which results in more acne. So, I think 3-4 times a week is a good amount for Burt's Bees acne treatment product.

Surprisingly works well.

from Boise, ID

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Spot Treatment is a surprisingly great product.  I have had acne most of my life and suffer from some pretty major breakouts that can really make my face look swollen.  Well, when I tried this product on the major blemishes that take forever to go away, they dried up faster than ever and did not get as big.  I was completely amazed.  This product works.  I would be careful on skin that is not so acne prone, however, because it will overdry those areas.  I also like the smell of this product.  It smell just like black licorice.  I love licorice so that is a plus for me.  It is like putting candy on your skin, or at least it smells like it.  Nothing wrong with smelling sweet, in my opinion.  If you don't like it, though, the smell does go away and is not that strong.  Also, you could just use it right before going to bed then you would not even notice it when you are sleeping.  But, as for doing what it says it will, this product is a great one.

Side Effects
      I have only noticed some excess dry skin around the area of application, so you have to be a little careful. It's very minor, though.

• Immediacy:

Bad design but great product

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

This is probably the 4th acne treatment product I've tried. The bottle has a nice design but it is hard to get the product out. I have to put my finger on the tip and tip it over several times in order to get some product out. There are no directions on how to get the product out so pouring it out in your hand or on your finger seemed like the only solution. This does not smell nice compared to neutrogena products or clean and clear, but what's great about it is that it doesn't dry out your skin no matter how much or how often you use it. I get dry spots on where I apply acne medecine when I use other brands. I do not get pimples often so I only use this a couple times a month and it does sting a little if there is an open cut. It does reduce swelling but not really redness. I find it more effective when I use this along with pure vitamin e oil which is supposed to help your skin heal faster. I would purchase this again but getting the product out is really a pain

Burt's Bees Spot Treatment works wonders for acne

from Douglasville, GA

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

This product really works great on acne. I can put in on at night before bed and wake up and the bump is so much less visible than before. I definitely think that this is a great, high quality product. And it is good for you also because its natural and does not have any harmful ingredients in it like some other products do. I have always trusted Burt's Bees and they just keep coming out with great stuff. This product would be great for anyone whether they have bad acne or just a spot every now and then, because I think that it will work for either! I bought mine at the grocery store (Ingles). I am sure it could be found at other grocery stores as well and Im sure it could probably be found online or at some other stores. It is a great product and well worth the money spent for it. It is a product that I am definitely going to continue using in the future. I like the smell that it has also.

I wanted to like Burts Bees Acne Spot Treatment

from Austin, TX

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

I really wanted to like Burts Bees Acne Spot Treatment, but I didn't. First of all, I hate the smell and taste of licorice. This treatment smells just like licorice and it made me sick to my stomache when thats all i could smell on my face.  So maybe that is a little bit biased but the scent was pretty pungent, if you ask me. Also for the size, the bottle is quite small. I probably used up the whole bottle in one month of using it once a day. Maybe I put more on than the recommended dosage but still, I don't want to keep going to the drugstore and buying a new bottle every month. Also, it just didn't really work. It did not do anything to help my acne and it didn't seem like it was getting better or getting worse. It just stayed the same.  I do like the fact that it is natural and used natural ingredients though. I used the product in conjunction with the cleanser. I do like the cleanser a lot better.

LOVE IT

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment:

If I had to pick an acne on the spot treatment type product, this would be IT. Smells like trees and mint, which somehow really grew onto me and now I like. Works really well too, any time I have a pimple, I put this on before I go to sleep and somehow it is so much better the next morning. Sometimes I forget to put it on before I sleep and what a waste it is to not put it on when I need it, that is addtional time lapse that could have shrunk my pimple.

My boyfriend uses this too and noticed how effective this stuff is.

Be sure to put it on your finger before you apply it to your pimple. We have tried using a q-tip then applying it on but the q-tips absorbs all of the liquid, so that is not too good considering how expensive it is.

I have yet to try the other acne stuff Burts Bees sells, but I am sure it is all very good. I have yet to encounter any bad Burts Bees products, it is all very good.

I cannot live without this. It seems a little on the expensive side, but it's not too expensive compared to other Brand name products.