Other Hair Conditioners:
Burt's Bees
Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment

Burt Bee's Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo is perfection in a bottle.

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

I stumbled across **Burt's Bees' Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo** purely by accident.  I was in Houston, Texas due to a medical emergency for my dad and was stranded without a good conditioner.  Desperate for a deep conditioner to repair my dry, damaged hair I asked the CVS staff for their guidance.  Their only suggestion was Burt's Bees'.  I took it back to the hotel that night and crossed my fingers.

The promise, "Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment restores body, shine and manageability to dry and damaged hair.  Excellent for both women and men alike.  Makes a great styling aid too!".  So I jumped in the shower, drenched my hair and squeezed out a tablespoon of the product.  I was horrified at the appearance, but the smell was amazing.  Applied, and waited 3 minutes (the bottle suggests 15 minutes at least).  I shampooed and used my regular conditioner and I was delighted at how soft and silky my hair was while wet.  Tired and mentally exhausted I went to bed with wet hair and wasn't truly able to appreciate what had just happened to my hair.

When I saw my hair in the morning I was thrilled!  It was beautiful, even though it looked like I had a fight with an egg beater.  I was in desperate need of a root touch up, but my blonde had never been so shiny.  When I arrived at the hospital that morning to see my dad the nurses went crazy over my hair.  I had at least 6 different ladies ask me what I did differently and then they wouldn't stop touching and smelling it.  Not only was I thrilled but others noticed immediately.  I was SOLD, and still am.  It is the only deep conditioner I will recommend.

My all-time favorite pre-shampoo conditioner!

from Leonia, NJ

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

I've been using the Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment for several years now, and it is simply the best.  I use it once a week before I shampoo, and it leaves my hair feeling strong, looking shiny and incredibly healthy for the rest of the week.  It smells great, too!  I have thin, straight hair that tends to break easily and to get split ends.  This Burt's Bees pre-shampoo treatment doesn't leave my hair feeling the least bit oily or flat.  It DOES decrease the appearance of split-ends, and I can feel that my hair is stronger as I'm blowing it dry.

The Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment comes in an environmentally friendly tube.  A small amount goes a long way, so the tube lasts a long time.  You can find this product at Whole Foods and many health food stores, as well as online and through the company's website.

Love It!!!

from Mankato, MN

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

I had a friend tell me how much she loved **Burt's Bees' Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo** and decided to try it since I had a coupon. It was summer and I wanted a good deep conditioner to repair my sun damaged hair.

The promise, "Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment restores body, shine and manageability to dry and damaged hair. Excellent for both women and men alike. Makes a great styling aid too!". So when my daughtr was down for a nap, I jumped in the shower, got my hair wet and squeezed out a tablespoon of the product. I was not pleased with the appearance, but the smell was amazing. Applied, and waited 1-2 minutes (the bottle suggests 15 minutes at least ~ I didn't have that kind of time). I shampooed and used my regular conditioner and I was delighted at how soft and silky my hair was while wet.

When my hair dried, I was thrilled! It was beautiful. Not only was I thrilled but others noticed immediately. I was SOLD, and still am. It is the only deep conditioner I will recommend.

One of my favorite hair treatments

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

I've been using this product for over a year now and could not be more pleased.

This hair treatment is packed with 99.25 natural ingredients. It includes quite a few vitamins and amino acids that moisturize and mineralize the hair. I could see some improvement after using it for the first time. Follow the directions on the tube, but try to leave it in for at least 5 minutes or longer (or it might be too difficult to wash out).

However, the best use I found it was to use the product as styling hair. I am using it daily as hair gel to separate the haair strands and give the hair a more defined look. At the same time it leaves me with a feeling that I am putting something in my hair that is actually good for it :)

Other positive points: the product smells great, it is not tested on animals, and lives up to its promise.

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment better than a

from Neenah, WI

Pros

Cons

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

If you want healthy and shiny hair then you need to get yourself a tube of Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment asap! This stuff is what your hair dreams about at night when you sleep. It smells AMAZING and makes your hair look and feel so soft and healthy and shiny. When I use this on a regular basis my hair is in better condition than when I get a deep conditioning treatment from the salon. I actually stopped getting deep pack conditioning at the salon and only use this now! Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment is made from natural and good for you things like Avocado and the sweet people at Burt's Bees left out all of the bad things that you don't want on your skin or in your hair. If you have a problem with dry scalp in the winter I recommend using this a couple times a week and really massaging it into your hair and into your scalp, your hair will thank you and so will your clothes when the flakes are not falling on them anymore. If you just want your hair to look like a model's hair then go grab a tube of this!

The Butter may be a bit Greasy!

from Birmingham, AL

Pros

Cons

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

Hmmm - I am a huge Burt's Bees fan, so I don't like having to write about one of their products being "not so great" - but the "Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment" is just that - not so great in this girl's opinion.  Hair care products always get my attention and I am always willing to try out the latest to see if they may in fact be the greatest - but what I have found with this product is this:  First, you rub this very greasy product deep into your hair and roots - I am sure the goal is to be most moisturizing - however, what I have found is that even after shampooing, my hair was left with somewhat of a film on it.  It was greasy and heavily coated.  Having said that, it is not *all *bad - I have found that if you are sitting out in the summertime / tanning or sunbathing - you can wet your hair, rub this deep treatment in and basically let it bake all day - it will deep condition your strands, but again leaves your hair heavy and greasy feeling.  The sun treatment once in a while does seem to do the hair good - but it only returns to its clean, light strands after a few shampoos - I would say this is one of Burt's not-so-great products.

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment's just awesome!

from Yakima, WA

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

First of all it's a Burts Bees product, so you may be confident about buying from them because they are naturally inclined, Burts Bee's goes as far as to say the Avocado Pre-Shampoo treament is 99.3% natural on the actual tube, hehe! I also like that it is not tested on animals, there are no parabens and no refined derivatives of crude oil (Yay!)

This intensive treatment is front loaded with great ingredients (these are right at the top of the ingredient list) with emollients such as Olive oil, Avocado oil and Sweet Almond oil. I have used it as a pre-shampoo treatment as well as a deep conditioning treatment, it has been great treatment to use for restoring my hair after Swimming (neither chlorine nor salt water is good for hair) and I highly recommend it for use on color treated hair as well.

**How I use it**: Before shampoo treatment: Apply on dry hair and cover with a showercap/warm towel or use a heating cap/dryer. After shampoo treatment: Rinse out shampoo thoroughly, apply instant conditioner, rinse out instant conditioner with water as cool as you can stand it, apply Burts Bees Avocado treatment then cover with shower cap/warm towel or use a heating cap/dryer.

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter works....for a day

from Walnut, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

This product smells sooooo good! The consistency makes me want to eat it cuz it really is buttery. The tube is small, but I guess its lasts a good few uses, but when I use the one little dollop as directed, it does not feel llike its working throughout my hair, so I usually use more than directed. You HAVE to shampoo afterwards...I did the mistake of not shampooing afterwards and my hair was completely gresy and oily. After I used it and shampood, my hair was quite soft and bouncy. However, like any other product, the effects only last about a day so I've just been using it on special days before I go to parties. I dont know if it has long term effects since its not a product that is meant to be used daily. All in all, I liked it as something to try out, but I don't think I will continue to buy it. It also is a bit expensive for the amount you get, but thats almost every Burts Bees product.

this stuff will make your hair healthy and shiny

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment:

I love love love **Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment. It makes your hair very healthy and puts the moisture back into it. I use just a very small about. Maybe a dime size. Rub it in my palms and apply to the ends of the hair. After about a month of use, you will see that your hair is silky and more healthy then it has every been. I color, blow and flat iron my hair and by using this Burt's Bees product I have been able to keep it from getting damaged. Its wonderful and I hope they never take it out of the line. It also has a lot of nice natural product contents which is great.**