Other Auto Parts:
Wheels & Tires
Bridgestone
Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 Tires

Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 Tires

Best for mountain snow and ice

from Kettle Falls, WA

Comments about Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 Tires:

I am a volunteer driver who takes elderly and people with transportation and/or mobillity issues to medical appointments. Most of our clients live on mountain roads that are not always maintained well in winter. I drive a Subaru Outback AWD wagon, and I am now on my third set of Bridgestone Blizzak tires, because they are the safest tires I've ever used for snow and ice. I have much better traction than even those who have studded tires. With these tires, I can get places most people have to use chains to get into. I've only had chains on my car one time, which is a story in itself, and I've NEVER not been able to pick up a client at whatever pickup location is designated. I would highly recommend these tires to anyone who does any mountain winter driving. Only two drawbacks have I ever found: 1) they "burn up" quickly at temps over 50F degrees; 2) they don't do as well in deep slush or mud. But on snow and ice, there is nothing better. I've seen the skid marks on ice on the roads, even going right into the ditch, but the Blizzaks just roll right over it, and kind of stick to it, so you don't slide, as long as you drive sanely.