Other Auto Parts:
Wheels & Tires
Goodyear
Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires

Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires

Let's all toast the tire that sticks to the pavement

***Bottom-Line***: The **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred **meet my exacting demands for a high performance (touring) all season passenger tire.  I can hardly wait for the first snow to fall.  If you need a set of new tire of your passenger car, you can't go wrong with the **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred.**

Living in the *Chicago* area my requirements for a new set of tires include great performance on dry surfaces-the car has the hug those off ramp curves-in the rain, and especially the snow and ice, staples of the *Chicago* winter.  I flirted (briefly) with purchasing *Michelin* tires, but the price of the tires and the limited availability made me turn back to the American standard, *Goodyear*.  And after extensive research on the differing models and performance specs, I decided on the new **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred** 80,000 mile all-weather (Touring) passenger performance tires.

**The Tire**

The **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred** is available in 13 sizes, with fitments in the 14-inch to 16-inch wheel diameter range.  *Goodyear* designed the **Assurance TripleTred** not only for luxury vehicles like C*adillac Seville, Chrysler 300M, Lincoln Continental, Audi A8, BMW 740*, but for regular people haulers like my *Chevrolet Impala*, as well as *Honda Accord, Camry, Maxima, Altima, Mazda 6, Ford 500*, as well as assorted minivans.

The **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred** is not your average tire; to begin with the tread is divided into three sectors specifically designed to give the car traction on dry surfaces (Dry Zone /outer tread), rain (Water Zone /inner tread), and snow & ice (Ice Zone /center).  The overall look is different and cool, and very, very effective.

The **Dry Zone** features reinforced tire shoulders for confident maneuvering around curves, potholes and unexpected road debris on dry pavement, while the **Water Zone**, consisting of deeply carved Aquachutes, propels water away from the tire's tread on rain-drenched roads.  Finally, the interlocking tread pattern of the **Ice Zone** translates into more gripping power on icy or snow-covered roads.

**My Viewpoint **

I feel safe on the Wings of *Goodyear!*  The **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred** tire is a hit with me.  I have owned my set for two years now and, though somewhat expensive they are a tire well worth owning.  And do believe the hype!  Far too often the marketing hype far exceeds real-life; not so with the **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred **tires, they perform as advertised.  On corners the tires seem to stick to the road as if affixed by epoxy.  The day after I bought the tires it rained rather hard so I took the tire out for a test run.  I am happy to report that hydroplaning and stop sign spin were non-existence, even when I initiated jack-rabbit starts.

The ride is whisper quite; there is no road noise bleed inside the cabin even at expressway speeds.  There is however plenty of feedback through the steering wheel; i.e. imperfections in the road do not go un-noticed, but the tire handle then well, making for a very comfortable ride.  Driving with the tires gets some getting used because steering is much more responsive; i.e. the car responds instantly to the slightest touch of the wheel, but I never feel out of control of the car.  And oh yeah, the **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred** tires look cool on my shinny Impala.

**Concluding Viewpoint **

Did I say I adore these tires?  I spend a lot of time on the road, too much perhaps, and I can easily put 375 - 400 miles on my vehicle in a week, between commuting and extra hops to the downtown *Chicago* and places in between.  I need to know that my tires are going to do my best to protect me and mine from the elements and that includes other drivers.  The **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred **meet my exacting demands for a high performance (touring) all season passenger tire.  I can hardly wait for the first snow to fall.

If you need a set of new tire of your passenger car, you can't go wrong with the **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred.  **And the icing on the preverbal cake, **Goodyear Assurance TripleTred** tires are American made; buy American and Americans work!

You have to shout to be heard over these tires

I bought the Goodyear Assurance tires as replacements for the originals that came with our 2005 BMW X3.  I bought Goodyear because of the name and reputation ... plus the tire guy talked me into them by mentioning things like safety, long wearing and great when dealing with Houston's drenching rain storms.  Within 15,000 miles, the road noise had become excessive to the point I took the car to the dealer ... the car was thoroughly checked and has no mechanical problems.  At 20,000 you can't turn the radio up loud enough to drown out the sound of the tires.  It is irritating --- particularly for tires that were not cheap.

Goodyear Tires

from winston salem, NC

About Me Casual Driver

Pros

• High-Performance

Cons

• Small Cars

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

100% Satisfied easy to Fit perfect Alignment...... Totally Satisfied...definitely recommended...

• Was this a gift?:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Amazing looking tire with a few notes

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

I purchased these tires this past year and I do not regret my decision at all! If you are interested in really cool looking tires, this one is for you. Also, if you want great wet weather handling, this tire gets an A+. I find that the ride quality is similar to most Goodyear tires, though. They have a habit of being just enough comfortable to not have me complain, but also just enough rough to not make me at full peace that the only roughness I feel is the road. Another thing to note is that just a little past 25% of the tire's lifespan I started to see the evidence of wear. This might contribute to that tiny amount of bad ride quality, but the surface of the tires look "feathered" as my dad put it. I saw it more as a grainy feel. The tires did make it past their rated lifespan by about 2000 miles. I replaced them with a similar competitor and did not notice feathering on the same wheels and car. It does, however, provide better than expected fuel efficiency for me (always a plus).

This tire is wonderful for all weather situations.

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

All Weather Tire that I could rely on for quick stops, no hydroplane glides, and long wear. It is a wonderful tire for all weather situations. It lasts for a long time because of the tread and it even could get punctured with nails and still withstand some rolling around.

Super safe tire!

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

After buying my Camry used and driving it in the rain with the tires that were on it and hydroplaning at the sight of a puddle on the road, I decided to get the best tire I could find for driving in the rain. The Goodyear Assurance TripleTred Tires are the best tires for driving in the rain. They grip the pavement so securely and well that I don't get anxious driving in the rain. Of course, when the puddle is more like a lake, you may need to slow down a bit, but seriously, these are the best tires for wet surfaces. These tires also drive well in any condition even on dry roads. I didn't have any problems with loudness or with bumps or anything...they are a very smooth ride. They didn't last as long as I would have liked, but I'm willing to look over that for the safety quality. I won't own any other tire on my Camry. These tires have saved my life more than once in heavy downpours. They stick to the pavement, but they are a softer tire which makes them wear down quicker. Personally, safety is more important that the life of a tire.

They run great in all weather conditions!

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

I recently sold my 2011 Nissan Maxima, which I had for 3 years. On the car I had 4 Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires. I bought the tires after buying the car, so they were 2 separate payments. The Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires were a little more than I wanted to pay for a set of tires, but honestly they were worth every penny. They drive so smooth and work on most cars. I have driven them through the hot summer days and cold winter nights. I had the car for 3 years and have driven it for over 100,000 miles, never having a problem with the tires.
    These tires have gotten me through horrible snow storms and 2 hurricanes. The car never slipped in the snow and never had a problem driving through large rain puddles or flooded streets. I loved them a lot and was sad to sell the car because the car I won now, they are too big for me to put them on it.
    I must say that having Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred on my Nissan Maxima was the best car I owned, and the best 3 years I have driven in my life. I really miss my old car.

Goodyear Tires

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

Very high quality made tires. I put them on my honda civic and have noticed a really smooth ride that handles really well in rain or snow. I haven't experienced any slipping or loss of control due to weather conditions. It grips the road and if your car is kept properly aligned the tires will last beyond their warranty date. Mine have managed to make it over seventy thousand miles over every type of terrain and held up perfectly. I haven't experienced a reduced milage of gas either with the tires. The stopping force handles really nicely in every type of weather. The price is almost unbeatable as well, which is really surprising for getting such a quality tire so they're great economy wise as well. I do highly recommend buying them to my friends and family especially when it comes to quality and safety. They're a really great brand and I will continue to keep buying goodyear tires in the future.

Safe, reliable tires

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

Last year I got into a bad accident due to bad weather conditions. After that, i went straight to Goodyear to get new tires, as winter had just begun and more snow was on the way. I basically asked them to give me the best tires they had and this is what they recommended. They are meant for all weather conditions, and the triple tread great in snow and rain. The salesman did warn me that they would be a bit louder of a ride than other tires, but they would be the best protection. (I don't really notice too much of a noise difference, but it is there. The ride is still very smooth) I'm an anxious driver in the snow since my accident but I do feel safer with these tires. I feel them gripping the road better and there is less slippage. I definitely recommend these tires for people who need extra protection in the snow and rain. They give you peace of mind and actually do really make a difference on the road.

Great all around tires.

Profile Image

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

These are great tires if you live somewhere that gets really nasty slick, icy, wet, snowy weather. I live in the Midwest and we can get slammed with 2 foot of snow like it's nothing. Temps can drop to negative 10 making roads an icy hazardous mess. I feel as safe as I can with these tires if I have to venture out in the nastiness that is a Midwest winter. I don't feel I skid as much if I hit an ice patch and I feel the car maneuvers better in the snow. They are also wonderful in the summer, drive wonderfully smooth on dry pavement and when it starts to rain I don't loose any traction. Goodyear also offer a great warranty of 80,000 miles on these tires (limited of course). I just got these put on and boy am I glad I did. We have had the worst winter here in 30 years! Several blizzards and polar vortexes making for some nasty road conditions, but I've been able to get around safely thanks to Goodyear!

Excelent tires for bad roads

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

These Goodyear - Assurance Triple Tred Tires are very good for bad roads, especially during the months of winter. They drive good and maintain balance on bad roads. I have confidence when driving with these tires because the treds takes a while to wear out. The best time I enjoy them most is after snow storm when the roads are slippery or have not yet been ploughed. Most often we try to change our tires right before the beginning of winter to avoid running into unwanted troubles on the high ways. These tires are good for those who do long drives. My husband drives for at least two hours everyday to and back from work, while I drive about 90 minutes to and fro from work. Because we want to be sure while on the roads, we try to always have some good tires like this one. There is nothing as good as having a peace of mind with the car you drive. This Goodyear - Assurance Triple Tred Tire is a trusted brand.

Good tire all year

Comments about Goodyear - Assurance TripleTred Tires:

I have been living in Colorado for almost seven years now, and it is always hard to find a tire that will meet the needs of the weather all year. I have tried various brands, and treads over the years, and I have found these ones to be the best so far. I had these babies installed this past summer on my Nissan, and they have handled the snow and rain without any issues. I was a little skeptical at first, but the installer insured me that these were the best for an all season tire. So far they have paid off. I have also noticed with these tires, the ride is much smoother, and the noise is much quieter. There is a big difference between a quality tire, and a cheap tire. I did knock one point off from a perfect score, because I haven't noticed much change in miles per gallon, but that is a very minor drawback. If you're like me, and prefer not to have two sets of tires to install each year, the Goodyear Triple Tread is a sure bet for an all season tire.