2.4

2.4

Pros

Cons

Love my Bosh Washer!!

I just recently got to purchase the Bosh 500Plus NEXXT front loading washer and I truly wonder how I've ever lived with out it!!  It is a lot of washer than what I really need but after doing my homework comparing Bosh with the other brands, Bosh had the least complaints over all and the best manufacturer warranty too.  I can fit a king size comforter in it with no problem!!  If my toddler son has a diaper leak, I can put all of his bedding into the washer with room to spare!!  I'm talking the twin mattress pad, twin sheet set and twin size comforter/quilt!!  Which save me time otherwise I would have to wash all that in 2 or 3 loads in my 3.2 cubic ft top loader.  It's very quiet too (it's labeled the quietest washer in America)!!  The loudest it gets is on the finial spin but it's not bothersome and my laundry hook up in in my kitchen which is right off the living-room.

Now for the details of the Bosh 500Plus Nexxt........

It's 4 cubic foot tub (the store sign said up to 27 bath towels and I've done 20 plus hand towels and wash clothes) is angled for better water drainage and ergonomics.  Stainless steel wash tub and built in water heater.  It has your cotton settings in cold, warm and hot along with a Kidscare which uses a different water temp to help get those tough stains out.  A Jeans setting which is to be more delicate for denim to help reduce fading, an Xxtrasanitary setting which uses a very high water temp and long wash cycle to help get any of those flu germs taken care of!!  And best of all a Quickwash 25 which is a 25 minute wash verses the 58 min normal cycle time!!  And to help save water, there is an EcoOption button that adds 10 mins to your wash time but it uses less water!!  Not to mention all the built in sensors this baby has from load size, a suds sensor (if you use too much soap it will add an extra rinse), water temp, and self balancing too!!  And the controls are also ergonomically friendly as well being on top of the machine instead of on the front.  The only con is you have to shut it off manually but the location of the controls is on top of the machine and the door has to lock in order for a cycle to start so you shouldn't have an accidental wash cycle!

I also got the 15 inch pedestals which raise the set very nicely off the floor and don't interfere with the balance of the machine either. I'm 5'9 so they are a perfect hight for me to easily transfer from washer to dryer.  The pedestals also in conjunction with the control location make it hard for small and young children to reach the controls.  Even my 8yr old can't reach them!!

Well, I could go on about how I love my new Bosh washer and dryer and how I love my hubby for buying them for me, but I won't.  But feel free to ask me any questions about them!!

Thrilled at first......but now clothes are stinky and wrinkled

I bought the Bosch front load washer and dryer because of the raving reviews and to help doing the laundry more efficient for a family of 6. My husband was the first to complain about the smell of the towels. We thought it was our fault for not drying them sooner. I thought that I was doing something wrong. I do an average of 2 loads a day, so my clothes are never in the washing machine for even 12 hrs. I have even took clothes out as soon as they get through washing and dried them and they still have this funky sour mildew smell. So I thought I wasn't using enough detergent, fabric softner -- well I have tried everything and they still smell. I now have mold, mildew whatever you want to call it growing in the seal around the front door. And I wondered what that smell was!!

The wrinkles are another story. Instead of helping me be more efficient, it has created another gruesome chore for me to do - IRONING! I take clothes out of the washer, shake them out 2 or 3 times, put them in the dryer, and I still have to starch and iron (with lots of steam) to get the wrinkles out.

It sounded wonderful at first clothes washed with less water, less detergent, and in less time. Clothes spun out so good they are almost dry when finished washing. Drying time is cut in half!! What a joke! I have had this washing machine for 18 months and I hate it!! I am just waiting on our clothes to makes us sick - I mean literally sick - this kind of mold and mildew makes people sick!!

This expensive front loader has been a HUGE disappointment...

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

This front loader has been a HUGE disappointment...
Non- removable mold, torn door sealer (!), glass outer door falling off, annoying (and un-muteable) alarm...
Less than 3 years old; it's going on the street.
I am also disappointed that the SMALL LOCAL appliance store
I bought it from recommended it to me... It's off to the Big Box store for me this time around. IIIllllchhh.

Much ado about nothing!

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

I'd never buy another one of these. It was hard to level on my hardwood floors and still, after great effort, it shakes the house a lot . . . my husband and I though the earthquake was the washer shaking . . . that's how hard it shakes the house. You can't really do a large load and if you have a bedspread or something . . . just take it to the laundramat to use the big washers . . . it isn't worth the grief of being unbalanced, coming out dripping and un-spun . . . and that's pathetic to have this lovely EXPENSIVE washer to have to take stuff to a laundramat. Pathetic! The smell is unacceptable. I prop my door and soap dispenser door open at all times and it smells up the whole laundry room and kitchen.

Energy Efficiency
It seems to be efficient, but takes a long time on EVERY load rather than being able to do a quick load.

Cleaning Time
It would be really nice to have my good old (top loader) short cycle for small, not-too-dirty loads, but no such thing.

• Cleaning Time:

Another expensive piece of Bosch crap

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

Can't put more than one towel because it will cycle for hours. 3-4 hours standard if I were delusional enough to put in a whole load of towels!! Have to leave the door open for 15 minutes after using it so that it won't get moldy- which it does anyhow. Clothes get moldy smell. How Consumer Reports recommended it is beyond me.

Energy Efficiency
Had to replace a Bosch dishwasher after 3 years because it broke down twice and was so noisy I couldn't hear myself thinking.

I'd love to get another washing machine, a different brand

Great Machine

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

We've done many heavy loads, as my husband is a tradesman and we've had fantastic results. Occasionally we have to spin loads twice, if they are especially dense. In order to avoid any mold problem on the door window seal wash an occasional bleach load (towels or otherwise), use good quality liquid or gel detergent. The only problem we've had was with cosmetic cracks on the plastic knob, but that could have been caused by our cat that likes to jump up on the machine.

Energy Efficiency
It uses less water and energy than our old top loader.

Thrilled at first......but now clothes are stinky and wrinkled

from Savannah, TN

the whitest whites ever

from Marysville, CA

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

the best washer by far that i have ever owned. my son goes to a private school and his uniform shirts are white but not to worry with the bosh because it has its own built in water heater to make sure your whites get the whitest they can get!!!!!!!!!

What an expensive piece of crap! German engineering at its worst

from Barboursville, VA

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

Run away from this Bosch front loader. Poorly designed, loud, "walking" on the floor, mold smelling rubber door gasket, below average washing quality and above average usage of water and longer than usual washing cycles. Piece of crap, much too overpriced. Shame "consumer report" recommended it. Extremely dissapointed by this Bosch product which I had associated with great engineering and quality. Can't wait to find a reason to sell it and buy another brand. I am very sorry I bought it!!

Energy Efficiency
This machine is a water monster! When it doesn't spin the water in the final cycle, I have to wash it again sometimes once more and occasionaly even once more before it finally drains all the water. This is not saving any water or electricity at all!

Cleaning Time
The cycles are extremely long. The timer doesn't really correctly reflects the actual time of washing. 25 min. cycle can sometimes be closer to 40 minutes. Simple laundry takes twice as long as with my previous, American made front loader.

Very moderate performance. Not even once I heard "wow" after washing stain t-shirts or jeans. Simple reason, because it rarely washed them clean. I had to hand wash them prior to putting them in the machine.

Simple to use but doesn't offer options available with less expensive foreign brands like Samsung or LG.

When the machine doesn't spin all the water, the cycles are extremely long, the clothes don't come clean and the doors smell like mold, I would think the design is terrible. I have had Fridgidair prior to Bosch and those issues weren't a problem. Shame on Bosch! They should recall it if they want to save their reputation!

I had the doors replaced, computer pannel and the dial. The unit had to be glued to the tile because it would "walk" on the floor. Noisey, loud and cheaply made.

Very Dissapointed in the Bosch name

from Battle Ground, WA

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

I would never ever buy this machine, or any front loader, again. The amount you save in water and electricity is not a true number because you really have to do smaller loads than you would with a high capacity top loader, you end up washing several times to get certain things clean, or at least a couple of rinses, clothes really do seem to wear out or look ages faster ( alot of pilling with knits), and an aweful "sour milk" smell builds up on clothing after time. It just doesn't clean well alot of the time. It really is a lot of extra work just to get your clothes clean, and it shouldn't. I have always left the washer door open and have never had the mold mildew issues others have complained about. The pros are it really get stains out great (using the stain remover cycle) and I love the extra sanitary & baby cycles. But even the extra sanitary doesn't always remove the smell of dirty dishrags. The other feature I love is that it is really really quiet, unless you are trying to wash a couple of rugs and it won't balance. I love Bosch products and really thought we were making a wise choice for our family. Now we are out a lot of money that we saved up for and a below average piece of equipment. I'd gladly give it back.

Energy Efficiency
Thought it was great at first, but when you have to wash a load multiple times or at least rinse multiple times then you are not really saving anything.

Cleaning Time
Really long cycles and when you have a family of six it makes it hard to ever catch up with your laundry. I thought the large drum size meant large capacity, but that is not the case. I can do less in this washer than my top loader.

Takes our stains, but clothes often left with sour odor no matter what I do. I end up having to double wash and rinse to remove certain odors. It also makes clothes look old and fades faster and pill up.

Easy enough as far as loading, and picking our cycles.

Looks good, but who cares if it doesn't clean and protect your clothes.

Don't know yet. Only had it for two years, compared to our Amana Top Loader for 13.

Trash

from Boston, MA

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

This washer is the biggest peice of trash I have ever used! I would be better off getting a wash board and scrubbing my clothes every morning then using this wastless applicance. It 2:22 and I have been washing the same load of laundry since 12:30. This is my daily life. I am going to return this piece of garbage to the store ASAP and request a complete refund of my money. Please people beware of this awful washer.

Stinky and Bumpy

from Fairview, OK

Comments about Bosch Nexxt 500 Series Front Load Washer WFMC3301UC:

We have the mold problem as well. The machine stinks even when you do all the things Bosch says to do...Clorox, wipe dry, prop door open.

You cannot get the machine to balance when spinning and sometimes it leaves the clothes wet after spinning.

Bosch's response - Please send customer service an email and we will look into the problem. Baloney!