Other Coffee Makers:
Models:
10096-729, 10096-364
Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press

Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press

Pros

• Easy to use (7)
  • Durable (5)
  • Brews quickly (4)
  • Large pot (3)
  • Stylish (3)

Cons

• Everyday (6)
  • Home (5)
  • Short trips / weekends (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (6)
    • I received a sample (4), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

How can you talk about coffee without Bodum?

Thank goodness I learned a long, long time ago that real coffee comes from a french press.  High quality fresh beans are mandatory.  Grind them up, boil your water and let it steep.  No messy, expensive and non-biodegradable filters to fight with and best of all, easy clean up, grinds go right down the drain!  The coffee is strong and pure, no off tastes here.  The only way to really appreciate your beans is with a Bodum.

Flimsy Quality for a High Price

I prefer my coffee pressed since it tends to bring out the roast more, and most presses generally last a while. However, the Bodum Young 34 oz. French press gave me a lot of problems from the start. While I appreciate, the case for the beaker so that I could freely move and grab my french press while it was in use, the quality of the actual filter plate was beyond flimsy. I began to notice that some of my grounds were slipping up and escaping to the top so I kept adjusting the grind but regardless of the ground of the bean nothing seemed to do. It turned out that the plate wasn't fitting in properly, and after a few uses the filter plate was so bad that it was not even usable because it was bent. I would bend it back but it kept becoming disfigured, and I strictly hand washed this press. It is a shame because the quality of the beaker, and the case were very nice, and it was easy to clean, but with the amount of trouble the press gave me it wasn't worth it.

An Attractive, Efficient French Press

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

This is the best-looking french press I've ever owned, which makes its reasonable price, ease of use and efficient performance even more impressive. For those who haven't used a quality French Press before, there's no comparison. The richness of French-pressed coffee makes every cup memorable.

Brew Performance
When you press slowly and follow instructions, this press makes a perfect cup of coffee. It keeps grinds out of the press and allows that rich coffee flavor to seep through.

Most French presses are easy to clean, and this press is no exception. Simply wash out the grinds. As with all glass items, be careful while washing!

This is very easy to use as long as you don't press too quickly or grip the carafe too tightly.

This is a very solid design, attractive and functional. I do wish it had a bigger carafe, since the stated 8 cup capacity is more like 4 actual cups of coffee, but the design is terrific.

It's a French press. Don't drop it, put it in the dishwasher, etc. As long as you take care of it, it's fine.

Great French Press!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I absolutely love using a French press to make coffee, and I really love this one in particular. I got to use it recently when I stayed with a relative and I was so happy with it. It makes wonderful coffee and it's so easy to clean. I also love the way it looks - it's something I would be fine with keeping out on the counter all the time and wouldn't have to worry about it not looking nice.

Brew Performance
I loved the coffee this made. It was so nice, and no grounds got through at all! I have used some other French presses where some grounds escaped into the coffee, so it was nice not to have to worry about that this time.

This was very easy to clean. I really liked that about it.

I don't even use a French press very often, and I found that this was very easy to use. It is perfect for people who only use them occasionally or for those who are just starting to use one.

I love the design of this. It's attractive and functional.

Great for daily use.

• Brew Performance:

Press system, stronger, bolder taste.

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I like the traditional coffee press, as opposed to the drip bean coffee makers, when I want a stronger, bolder cup of coffee. With this said, if you measure out for an eight or ten ounce cup of coffee, you can expect closer to five or six ounces. I'm not sure why, but each time I measure out for an eight ounce up, it makes about half the amount. But, again, the press system is going to allow the coffee beans to infuse the water a bit deeper, meaning a richer and much stronger cup of coffee, so you might not need the full amount.

I like that it is easy to use, and literally takes about one minute to make a cup of coffee. Just place the beans in the press, add water, and heat; there are no secrets and nothing difficult to figure out (but it does come with an instruction manual that includes pictures if you want exact specifications for use).

I haven't had any issues using this press coffee maker, it makes a strong cup of coffee, and every cup I have served to guests, has been well accepted and appreciated.

Easy rinse out after use, or you can place parts in the dishwasher for quick cleaning.

Best to read directions prior to use, but it isn't difficult to understand at all.

An awesome french press

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

This french press will instantly make any morning better. The coffee from this french press is delicious. Your coffee in a french press will taste way better than it would from a regular coffee maker. This french press is pretty cheap and well worth the money. This french press has a sleek design. It is durable and easy to travel with. The biggest issue is the size of the french press. If you are a big coffee drinker or serving a large party you will need to make multiple pots.

Brew Performance
This french press brewing very well.

This french press is pretty easy to clean. The grinds can be a pain to clean sometimes.

This is a very simple product to use if you know how to use a french press. Even if you don't it is easy to learn how.

This french press is a nice piece for any kitchen. It is not as fancy as some presses, but it is a nice affordable model.

This is a very durable product and will last a long time if properly taken care of.

• Brew Performance:

Bodum French Presses are the Way to Go!

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I am obsessed with my Bodum 34 ounce French press! I use it every day to make my coffee, and I could not be happier with this product. It makes a smooth tasting batch of coffee, and the fine mesh filter ensures that no coffee grounds will slip through into your mug. Affordable, and the perfect size. 34 ounces means everyone gets a cup!!

Brew Performance
Simply excellent brew performance! From start to finish, brewing a batch of coffee takes approximately 10 to 12 minutes. You can't beat that!

I mean, French presses are never that fun to clean! Getting the filter thoroughly clean is a bit of a process, but doesn't take more than 5 to 7 minutes for the most thorough cleaning. It really only needs to be thoroughly cleaned every 5 to 7 brews, anyway. A quick rinse in between cleanings is just fine.

Self-explanatory! But it also has a nice little instruction booklet. Grind your beans, boil your water, pour it in the French press, wait 3-4 minutes and voila! You have a wonderful batch of coffee.

Love the design of all of the Bodum French Presses, but especially this one because of the spacious size. 34 ounce capacity allows you to make a cup of coffee for everyone, and the red color is just beautiful!

It lasts years! Going on 3 years with mine, and no issues!

everyone needs one

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I got this french press coffee maker as a present and it seriously did not leave the package for six months. Then we had a power outage and I needed my coffee in the morning so I pulled it out and loved it! I use it evey single weekend when I have more time to sit and enjoy my coffee (usually use a Keurig).There is just something about the way the coffee brews in this that makes it taste so much better! It tastes great with all different kinds of tea also because it pulls the taste right out of the tea leaves without having to let it sit for hours. The only thing I do not like about it is that it does not make as many cups of coffee as the package says. You will also have to take time to figure out how much coffee beans to use as it is much different than making it in a regular coffee machine. It is so cute and easy to use! Also it is very easy to clean and hard to break. I recommend!

I love my french press.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

The bodum young French press is affordable, and makes the best cup of coffee I've ever had at home. I've tried many other ways of making coffee, but I love this the best. I never get coffee grounds in my cup, It's easy to clean, and impossible to break. I've had a ton of other French presses that have ended up broken because they were made out of glass and metal. This French press is clumsy friendly and it keeps your coffee hot! I will continue to use this for years to come!

Brew Performance
I get a perfect cup of coffee everything I use the Bodum Young French press. I like my coffee very strong, and this never disappoints me. I think that a French press is the way to go when you're making coffee at home. I always get a very rich cup of coffee every morning. I will never go back to making a cup of coffee in an electric pot.

It's very easy to clean and take apart. I like that you can hand wash it, but it's also safe to put in a dishwasher. I just use hot water and some dawn dish soap and it gets all of the extra coffee grounds out of it.

It's super easy to use, and you don't even have to plug anything in! All you have to do is add the ground coffee, hot water, and press.

I really like the design of this French press. It's decent looking for a French press that is made out of plastic. It still looks sleek and modern. I have to agree that a French press made of glass and metal is better looking though. I think that if the whole French press was black without the red it would look a lot better too.

The plastic on this French press makes it very durable. I like that it's not made out of glass because I've dropped others in the past and they've broke and shattered everywhere. I've never had a problem with this, and I'm sure I will have it for many years to come.

• Brew Performance:

This French Press makes the best coffee!

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I am so happy with my Bodum Young French press coffee maker. I am a very picky drinker when it comes to my coffee, and there are only a few brands that I like drinking. This French press brings out the flavors in my favorite coffees to the fullest and makes them so robust tasting. I was always reluctant to use my coffee in a regular coffee maker, because my husband and I do not share the same coffee tastes, so I was always making us two separate pots in the morning, and it seemed to waste a lot of product doing it that way, plus the coffee never came out tasting quite right. With this French press though, I am able to make my own personal pot of coffee with just the right amount so nothing goes to waste. It is very easy and foolproof to use, and I also love how durable it feels, making it very easy to clean. I am sure that it will last me a while but I will definitely be buying another one to replace it if needed!

Great French Press

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

Firstly I should say that we have kind of a cluttered kitchen and a few klutzes who cook in it. I've had a couple of french press' over the years, and this one is quite possibly my favourite just because of the sheer sturdiness of it. Unlike it's very 'sexy' counterparts made with cool metal and glass, this model has a fairly bulky look to it and the plastic around the glass feels like you're looking through a porthole. If you don't mind the look, I totally recommend this because of the durability. Ours has been dropped a couple of times, and because of the plastic, the glass has no cracks and has not shattered. It operates normally, beautifully, and it's ridiculously easy to clean. The mesh hasn't had to be changed, and hasn't frayed despite multiple daily uses and sometimes with more than just coffee. It can foam milk, and the seal is so great that not a single grind of coffee gets into your pour. I love this thing.

• Brew Performance:

The best French Press coffee maker I've ever owned!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

When I'm in the mood to actually brew a pot of coffee on the stove rather than using a coffee machine, this is my go-to. I highly recommend that you go out and purchase one of these if you like drinking flavorful, rich coffee and you're on a budget.

Brew Performance
The brew performance of this coffee press mainly depends on the quality of the coffee beans you are using. Regardless, the coffee comes out as flavorful and rich as possible and is always steaming hot.

This French Press coffee maker is very easy to clean. It can be hand-washed, but it is also dishwasher-friendly.

If you have never used a coffee press before, then it might take some getting used to. However, there are no complicated buttons/features, so that's a plus.

I absolutely adore this machine's design. It is very classy and small, so it takes up very little counter-space.

This coffee press is quite durable. I've owned mine for over a year now, and I've had no problems with it.