3.1
ODC440
Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker

3.1

I would recommend the Black & Decker Spacesaver to anyone!

After using all different brands of coffeee makers, I think we have found one that suits our large family. I used to buy those stand alone coffee makers that sit on your counter taking up so much space. Then one day I had had enough. Our coffee maker went out, yet again. It was time for a new one. We started looking, and comparing. I thought about a space saver. It would free up some space on the kitchen counter most definitely. We decided on the Black & Decker space saver model. It mounts under the upper cabinets in your kitchen. It was a little difficult to install the bracket. I mean after all who is used to looking up in between your countertop and your upper cabinet? After 2 tries I got the bracket installed, and the body of the coffee maker was quick to follow. I love the automatic feature. I get up in the morning and don't have to turn on the coffee pot, and stand there and wait for the coffee to be ready. Since we do have a large family, and company does drop in unexpectantly sometimes, I like this coffee maker also because it does make a full pot of coffee in about 10 minutes. The one thing I don't like about this model, is the 2 hour shut off timer. Maybe a longer timer, or hey even a second automatic timer would be fantastic. I mean most of us get out of bed at a different time on the weekends than what we would during the week right? Overall I am very satisfied with out Black & Decker Spacesaver automatic coffee maker. After  years it still puts out hot coffe just as if it were new.

Lasted 4 weeks - not worth it

We bought this B&D ODC440 Spacemaker to replace an older under-the-counter B&D that lasted many years. This one is junk. The base leaked water, the pot had to be perfectly held and poured in order to prevent coffee from ending up on your hand or the counter top. On top of that, it lasted only 4 weeks. Four weeks! It made its last pot this morning, and then died. Dead as a door nail. I had it plugged into a GFCI outlet, which hadn't tripped. I installed it per the instructions (installation was pretty straightforward and easy to level out, I have to admit that). And you can't open the thing up to check anything. Sometimes it's just a resistor that burns out, and you got to an electronics store, match it up, and solder in a new one (you have to know what you're doing). But I couldn't even get in there to check for continuity.

A Big Hassle

from Millbury, OH

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

Cons

• Had To Contact Black And
    • Leaks

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Coffee Maker would leak every time from filter holder. Had to jump through hoops to get fixed.

I love the concept of this coffeemaker

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I totally love the concept of this coffeemaker. It is mounted under the cabinet, and frees up counter space. I also have the radio and handmixer mounted under the cabinet, allowing quick access to the items, and able to keep off the countertop, The only issue I have with his coffeemaker, is the dripping of the water on the countertop. It is not all the time, but is annoying!

• Brew Performance:

Black & Decker Spacemaker coffee pot saves room but drips

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

We have the Black & Decker spacemaker 12 cup coffee maker. It is mounted below the cabinet in the kitchen which is the best feature of this coffee maker. It makes up to 12 cups at a time. There is a separate water tank that you can remove to put the water in for brewing. I like this because you don't have to put it in the carafe and then empty it into the reservoir. It makes a good cup of coffee. There are some cons which is why I only give it 3 stars. First the corner of the coffee pot drips water while it is brewing, I end up putting a paper towel on the counter under to catch the drips. This did not happen when I first got the coffee maker so maybe it happens over time with the parts not fitting together as well as they used to. The other issue I have is that I can not clean the water hose that goes from the water holder to the filter. I have always done that with other coffee pots because stuff does get in the water and can build up in the hose. Otherwise this coffee pot does save space and makes good coffee

The Spacemaker Coffeemaker is a Must for Small Kitchens

from Reedsville, PA

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Do you love your morning coffee?  Do you have limited counter space in your kitchen?  Do you ever get tired of wiping the counters around your coffee pot and dealing with the cord?  If so, the Black & Decker SpaceMaker coffeemaker might be just the thing for you!

This coffeepot mounts quickly and easily to the underside of a kitchen cabinet.  Instead of pouring water into the coffeepot, one removes the reservoir, fills it, and replaces it.  The filter compartment also slides out from the front, just like the pot itself.  This coffeemaker comes with the ability to program when coffee will begin brewing, which makes it easy to wake up to the fragrance of freshly-brewed coffee -- such a delight when your schedule requires getting up much earlier than preferred!

Our first one stopped working within a year, and Black and Decker quickly replaced it with an entirely new unit (once we sent in the snipped power cord), which has worked well for three years now.  It does seem to drip water (clean, not coffee) on the counter, and we're not quite sure why.  Otherwise, we love it.

my black and decker was a lemon

from Brainerd, MN

Pros

Cons

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

i bought this for our camper and was so excited to have more counter space. when we first got iteverything was fine but not nnot, wow, the water would leak out the bottom, it steamed so much that i was worried about our wood cabnits. it would shut off half way threw brewing and then leave the water in the basket part which if this has ever happened to you, you know how hard it is then to make it to the garbage without spilling the coffee all over the place. it was hard to clean the plastic piece where you put the water too. I thought it was going to be great but instead had to buy a diferent brand which was almost double in price. when i called black and decker they would not give my much help at all but telling me to run vineagr through it. which i tried and yes for a couple days it would go through the whole thing of water but still so much steam and then again it would shut off in the middle.

Spacemaker Coffee Maker

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I love that the Black and Decker 12 cup spacemaker  coffeemaker is tucked up under the countertop. It makes it very convenient for homes with small kitchens or not a lot of counterspace. Personally I like to keep all of my counters clutter free, so this works out perfectly for me. I also love that this truly makes 12 cups, some of the coffeemakers out there advertise this but it is usually more like 10cups. The coffee always tastes fresh with this coffeemaker, sometimes my fiance will even drink a cup or 2 the next day and it still tastes great. It is also a great way to brew water to make sweet tea, hot coffee or soup with. The price point on this item is fairly low so it makes it a great gift as well. I only wish that I could attach it under my desk at work and then I would never have to get up to satisfy my coffee cravings! Black and Decker has done it again with another great product!

Good for the space conscious, but has a lot of flaws

from Princeton, MN

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

First off, I have to say that I love this coffee maker, I really do. We have limited counter space, this fits under the cabinet- it's perfect. HOWEVER, it has a LOT of flaws in design. I will start with the pros: 1) Saves space 2) Makes 12 cups of coffee, and for that it does work well 3) Is easy to locate it at brick and mortar stores 4) Black and Decker customer service is helpful when needed Now for the many cons: 1) Prior to the recall, the filter basket would constantly pop out, leaking coffee ALL over the place. We stuck a piece of paper in it as we slid the basket back in, which took care of the leaks. The company sent a new basket during the recall, which has a clip to keep it in place. However, a year later, the clip is broke. As of yet the basket hasn't popped out, but we have our piece of paper ready just in case ;) 2) The carafe leaks every time it is poured. Not a huge deal, we just pour over the sink, but I don't really think it's too much to ask for the pot not to leak...... So overall, this thing has it's flaws and they are pretty major. However, it saves us a lot of counter space, serves it's purpose for making coffee, so I love it!

It average, but it's an over-the-counter unit.

from Romeo, MI

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

My favorite feature of this coffeemaker and the reason we bought it is its over-the-counter mounting. It saves lots of counter space, and I would think other over-the-counter brands would be available.

It takes about 15 minutes to make a full pot of coffee. And the older the unit gets, the longer it takes. I know because we've owned one before.

While coffee is being made, this coffeemaker drips. Be sure to keep a paper towel under it to avoid puddles of coffee on the counter.

This coffeemaker makes coffee that tastes like all coffeemaker coffee: not great but OK. I'd love to find a coffeemaker that makes restaurant-quality coffee, but I can't find other than restaurant-size coffeemakers to do that.

I would prefer that all the washable parts of the coffeemaker were dishwasher safe. They're not. I made the mistake of forgetting that a couple of times and wrecked the parts. Then we had to buy a whole new coffeemaker because the parts, alone, aren't available.

Our first Spacemaker coffeemaker was great and lasted years, so we bought another. But that second one wasn't like the first. It was fine at first, but then it did more than drip; it flooded the kitchen. We contacted Black and Decker. Although we owned it for more than 90 days, they sent us a new one. That's the one we own now.

I love my under the cabnet black and decker coffee maker.

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

When  purchasing my  Black and Decker coffee maker, I was looking for a under the cabinet maker. I shopped around at a few places was able to find one to fit the area intended. Last stop I found the one I am most impressed with. Looked at the price and taught twice.  Seeing as how I have never used Black and Decker coffee maker before only tools. I was undeceive. When looking further into it, it was still very counter top friendly. Leaving me the room I needed to work underneath the cabinet. I took the chance and went for it. Since the first use I have been very pleased. It brews in great time, very good timing in my experience. Very easy to program both the clock and the auto timer. The light on the water levels and the clock area are very helpful in the middle of the night as to not have to turn on over head light and wake up others in house that may be asleep on couch. In all I have been very pleased in fact overall exceptionaly pleased with my purchase to where I would recommend it to others and if I have to after a hopeful many years of use, I would buy another.

I love this coffee pot! Great and saves space

from Saint Croix Falls, WI

Comments about Black & Decker SpaceMaker 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This coffee pot is very reliable. It doesn't take space on the counter and makes a reliable pot of coffee everytime. I love how it will turn off after 2 hours from starting it up and you can make 1 - 12 cups at a time. I would recommend this coffee pot to just about anyone that asks as I have had a wonderful relationship with this coffee pot.