3.6
DCM2000, DCM2000B
Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker

Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker

3.6

Nice coffee pot - makes coffee and everything! :-)

This coofee pot fits in with my decor very nicely. I like the removable coffee ground basket: it really makes for ease of cleaning. I think this is more sanitary and I prefer that. The outside of machine seems to be stain resistant, and the pot is easily cleaned, which is another plus in the world of coffee pots. I hate the thought of stale coffee in a stained up decantor. Again, this is a feature that I greatly appreciate.

Further this machine is easy enough that my morning-time technologically challenged spouse can work it with ease. (Maybe.) That is a plus that I really appreciate due to the fact that I hate breakfast in bed without my morning cup of java. It really helps that I can give the direction, "It's the bigger button in the middle, dear!" from another room, or even over the phone when I am not at home.

One draw back to this machine is the following: the pre-programing function does not seem to be working. This could be operator error, but it does seem easy enough in the written directions and in the practial application. It has worked about half the time.  Otherwise, I'd give it a five star rating.

Ok on a budget

I had the Black & Decker Smart brew in college and well. . . it worked. That's about it though; you are not going to get all the bells and whistles that other coffee makers have; but it definitely does the job. This is a very basic coffee pot that does a very basic job. The things this coffee maker has going for it are the fact that number one: It is VERY affordable; and let's face it that's what college kids need. And two: It's simple; just an on and off switch and you are pretty much ready to go. Sometimes I think we forget about the basics; it's job is to make coffee and it does just that. There is no need for anything else.

If you are needing just the basic of coffee makers; this is definitely the one to go with.

Brew Performance
Like I said it works just fine, does a fine job of brewing.

Very easy to clean; just remove pot and wipe the outside surfaces down.

Very basic machine with very basic instructions.

There is nothing fancy about this machine; very basic design but it does it's job.

I had this in college and still have it years later so I would say this is a very durable product.

Black & Decker SmartBrew is very durable

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I have owned the black and decker smart brew coffee maker for several years now. During that time it has gotten a lot of use and makes great coffee. We like strong coffee so usually brew at least 4 cups at a time. It does not make good strong coffee if you brew one or two cups at a time. After many years of heavy use one of the buttons fell off (but is still functional), the set it & forget it feature stopped working, and this morning it started making a buzzing sound. It may be on the way out. But it is a good coffee maker that should last you at least 5-10 years. My only complaint is that it is a little hard to keep clean. We have rust or deposit on the heating pad (under the carraffe) that is impossible to remove.

• Brew Performance:

Ok on a budget

from Wichita, KS

Brew Performance
Like I said it works just fine, does a fine job of brewing.

Very easy to clean; just remove pot and wipe the outside surfaces down.

Very basic machine with very basic instructions.

• Brew Performance:

Black and decker simple but effective

from Denver, CO

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I really like black and decker products. I got this simple coffee maker to replace an old one that wouldn't heat up. I don't make coffee everyday so I didn't want to get a really expensive unit. This never disappoints. Keeps coffee hot and is easy to use and lighweight.

Good for the once in a while coffee drinker

from Boise, ID

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

We did not have a coffee maker so my mother in law gave one to my husband for his birthday. We only use it on the weekends since we have coffee at work. It is not a bad coffee maker. Pretty basic no frills. Pour water in, hit button, make coffee. It does seem to brew on the slow side and some mornings i want my coffee NOW! Not sure if this is the exact model i have but the picture looks pretty close. I do not care for the mesh coffee fliter it comes in so we use a regular paper one in it. They don't fit very well but we make it work. The coffee pot it self seems to drip unless you flip the lid up a little. If you don't, the water or coffee will dribble down the pot making a mess. Sometimes the whole thing itself seems to leak but the puddle of wather could just be from the dribbling coffee pot. This is fine if you just want a basic coffee maker and maybe do not drink coffee too often or if yoy do not mind waiting a few more minutes since it seems to brew slowly. Works for an inexpensive coffee maker.

The SmartBrew lasted a few months before it leacked!

from Canajoharie, NY

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I was very disapointed in The Black and Decker SmartBrew 12-cup Coffee Maker!I bought it because it was a Black and Decker and thought it would be top of the line.It just let go at the seams and poured water all over my counter,which made my counter buckle,too.I had sent in the registration when I bought it,but it just did'nt matter.Went back to Mr. Coffee!

It's not the best but it works for early morning stuff

from Zanesville, OH

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

we have one in our kitchen and it's not that great. It's always breaking and we have to unpluging it so it will go back to normal. It's ok every once in a while but mostly we just go out and buy coffee from Starbucks or TimHotons so it won't take up as much time. I would've picked a different kind of coffee maker, I mean Black And Decker has great stuff, but this specific coffee maker is NOT that greatest. And i think we've only had it for a year and a half maybe? But it should'nt develope problems that quickly. So if you do want a black and decker coffee maker try a different one. You can still use this brand but a different type would be better, especialy if you're in a hurry in the mornings.

Nice coffee pot - makes coffee and everything! :-)

from Galion, OH

Black and Decker Smart Brew Plus

from Milford, DE

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I love this coffee maker. I have had this for several years now and it's still holding up. Not only does it brew the perfect coffe but it has a clock and you can set it to say 6 Am and it will do it's thing.So, if you are like me and you wanna skip that part of the morning by making it just set it up the night before. Love it.

Perfect for the one coffee drinker in the house or a whole party

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I am the only person in my house who drinks coffee.  And I've found that the Black and Decker Smart Brew, DCM2000 Series is the perfect coffee pot for me.  You can make from 2-12 cups of coffee at a time and boy did that come in handy for me on Christmas Eve.  I had probably 20 people at my house and the coffee was flowing.  Everyone had good reports and since i am not affiliated with Starbucks I took the comments to heart.  You do not need to be a rocket scientist (or even know one) to operate this pot.  It is simple and easy to use.  It has a "sneak-a-cup interrupt feature", "an adjustable keep warm/temperature", and a clock/timer & auto -brew.  I've had this pot for about 4 years and never had a problem.  It is white and looks very nice left on my counter.  I do agree with the other reviewer that said it is a "little too tall" and that you have to pull it out to fill it but I am adaptable and have worked through that problem just fine.  Gotta love this pot.

easy to operate & programable

from Royal Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

As much as I like this coffee pot, it is easy to program......but I have one heck of a time getting the lid on properly! I hate that I have to fight with it every day when programing my coffee for morning! Just when I think I've got it licked, I have to fight again. Other then that it works great & keeps the coffee hot for an hour or so.