3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Sturdy for the Long Haul!

I have had this for several years now. I originally purchased it, because I needed a blender that could crush ice. I mainly use this for making smoothies, and I use a lot of different frozen fruits, as well as ice to make these. This has been a sturdy blender, that has held up through the test of time.

Blending Power
For the price, this blender is phenomenal. It's not a professional grade blender, so I didn't rate it as such. But, if you are looking for a powerful blender, for your own use, like once a day or less of hard work, this blender will do the job. It is not quiet, but then again, when has crushing ice been quiet?

Versatility
I must admit that I haven't tested this blender's versatility very much. I mainly use it for smoothies, but, when I have used it for things like chocolate malts, or making homemade whipped cream, it has done a really nice job. It has numerous settings, so, you just have to remember to change those settings when you are using it for something different than your normal use for it.

This is one of my favorite aspects of this blender. All of the parts you use, come apart, so you can access each part easily, for cleaning. You just have to remember how it goes back together, which isn't to difficult, but if you don't pay attention, and put it back together in the wrong order, you will learn the hard way, to do it right. Your smoothie, or whatever, will leak, and end up all over your counter. Thankfully, this is easily avoided, by merely paying attention to the order the parts came off in.

This is extremely easy to use. The hardest part is putting it together, and that isn't hard.It is pretty loud, so you want to avoid using it when others are sleeping, but it is very easy to use.

This blender is designed well. It is easy to put the container wherever you want, while you are adding ingredients. Then you can put it on the blender, with the lid, and push a button. The container has an easy pour spout, as well, which makes it easy to use.

As I said earlier, I have had this blender for several years now, and it still crushes ice. I have also seen online, that if a part ever does wear out, I can get replacement parts, for much cheaper, than buying a new blender. This is a blender for the long haul.

You get what you pay for with the Cyclone Blender

After my bad experience with the [Mustang Mixer Deluxe][1] , I purchased my **Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender** on a desperate whim.  Basically, it was on sale and I needed a blender.  In hindsight, I wish that I would have done some research or dug a little deeper into my wallet because I am not very happy with this blender.

To be fair, I'll start with the **pros**:

* I like that the 48 ounce blending jar is made of glass and not cheap plastic like my previous blender.

* There are 10 speed controls and a pulse function, which I use on a daily basis.  Ice chopping is a breeze with this blender and the stainless steel blade shows no signs of wear and tear.

* This blender is sized just right and fits in my dishwasher for easy cleaning. I can also store the electrical cord under the base to make my kitchen look tidy in a jiffy.

I only have two **cons** but one of them is a biggie:

* The top cover of the blender is poorly designed in my opinion.  **Black & Decker **boasts about the built-in 2 ounce measuring cup, which is the clear plastic piece that is on top of the black cover.  The measuring cup looks like the top piece that is supposed to be used to lift up the cover.  However, if a person attempts to lift the cover by pulling up on the plastic measuring cup, the cup will come off but the black cover remains on the blending jar.  You can either pull up on the cover by putting your hand inside of the hole, or you have to dig your fingernails under the rim of the black cover to remove it.  I begrudgingly choose the latter, which has become a bone of contention with me.  This problem alone is why I don't recommend this.  I can't believe that this passed any kind of consumer testing.

* The other small con is that the chrome-type material on the base makes the function buttons hard to read due to the glare of my kitchen light.  I have to put my head down to the base level to read which function button I want to use.  Maybe I should just use my blender in the dark?

Obviously, I am not happy with the **Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender **and do not recommend it.  While it has many positive attributes, the problem with removing the cover is a major one for me.  For a little more money, I wish that I would have purchased something more user-friendly.  You get what you pay for.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Mustang-Mixer-Deluxe-review-55f55

Black and Decker Countertop 10 speed Cyclone Blender

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

This unit is built to blend the most difficult of mixes. Handles ice and nuts with ease. It is a bit loud, but that is more than likely required to pull off the power this unit has. Powerful, attractive, and easy to use, makes this a must have in all kitchens.

Blending Power
Absolute power when trying to blend ice, nuts, or veggies. It can liquify in moments and seeds are a thing of the past. My strawberry smoothies are as smooth as smooth can be.

Versatility
Cab blend delicate mixes, then go turbo with more power if required.

Simply detach from the power unit and wash, rinse, and it is ready to reuse in moments!

It is too easy, just fill, choose your power level, blend, chop, or liquify, all simply by pushing the desired button. Comes apart easily, cleans easily, and is powerful enough to take on the most demanding of ingredients.

Nice black and chrome design, ergonomic and easy to assemble, use, and clean.

You can tell by the design, power, and quality of this unit, that it is made to last a long time.

Good

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

I enjoy using this blender its easy to use and clean. I make many smothies with it for my family. We also use it for puree our tomatoes to make sauce. Chopping up veggies into small pieces is very easy to do. My sons love how easy it is to make milk shakes and the ease of cleaning it up when they are done with it. The design of it is very pleasing and go well with other appliences.

• Versatility:

Sturdy for the Long Haul!

• Versatility:

The perfect blender for every day use.

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

I was lucky enough to purchase this blender on sale which makes it even more of value. It looks great on the kitchen counter when not in use. When it is being utilized it does it's job extremely well, blending, pouring and cleaning with equal efficiency. I make many smoothies in it to help with my diabetes and blood pressure so it's a health aid too. It may only be a blender but definitely a big plus in my life.

Blending Power
Has no problem blending whatever you put into it to just the right texture you are looking for.

I found this blender extremely easy and quick to clean. When you are done cleaning it shines and glistens like brand new.

Very easy to figure out and operate.

It is very sleek and sets attractively on any counter. The design makes it easy to clean and all parts fit together well so there is no mess when operating.

Have only had it for a while but it seems very sturdy and durable. Looks like new after every cleaning.

A decent blender

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

Overall this product met my basic blending needs. It wasn't fancy or to complicated and I find it very useful.

Blending Power
The blending power is average. I did not expect it to be any better than it was.

Versatility
As far as I know there was only one color

I have only had this blender for a little while but it has shown no signs of damage or wear and tear.

Perfect.

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

Really impressed with this blender! I make a lot of smoothies with pretty simple ingredients, but the real test is when you start blending huge chunks of ice or frozen foods- and this blender always stands up to the challenge. It's big and somewhat bulky, but worth the counter space it takes up. Has a nice locking system that actually works, as opposed to many other blenders available. The handle attached is handy, and since it's a part of the machine, there's no chance of it falling off.

As with any blender, you have to be sure to get around the blades- seems a little bit harder with this one, but no big deal.

best blender

from JenniferRMartino@gmail.com, CT

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

I've had other blenders before but none of them have worked as well as this one one has. This one has outlasted all my other blenders. Had this for over 5 years now very impressed. My husband found a trick on how to make smoothies blend better by pressing & holding on to the top blend button it really gets it mixed well. I love how I can mix up strawberries for a few seconds and it is mixed really well together. I am super impressed with this product. It is great to find a product that lasts for a long time. Unlike my last blender that died after awhile and it smelt like burnt rubber in my house for a whole week!

What is really impressive is that I use it at least once or twice a week to smooth my yogurt, I can't eat yogurt with fruits pieces in it or I gag and choke, so I use my blender to smooth it out to get out the lumps. I love that!

However my old blender I crushed ice with but I do not do that with this one. I have yet to try it so I do not know if it would even work. I assume it would be this is black and Decker not a cheaper brand like we used to have.

Disappointment

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

The container is so heavy! It was such a task to wash it. The lid is so hard to take out. Moreover, I had it for less than a year and it's not working. It turns on but nothing happens when I press the buttons. I don't recommend this product.

It blends

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

Let me first say, I don't use this a lot. I occasionally like to make a smoothie or something else blended, and so I maybe use it once a month. When I do use it, I do have to scrape down the sides regularly, but you have to do that with every blender, right? I like that it is glass, not plastic. I feel like it comes clean easier and is less likely to get scratched and show wear. It always blends our frozen fruit fine. We rarely use ice in it so I'm not sure how well it would break up ice. It works well for all the things I use it for. I have had it for a year and I haven't had any problems with it. It is pretty simple and it is easy to use. I don't know what else I would want!

perfect for a family!

Comments about Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender:

i got this for christmas and i love it the speeds make it perfect to blend different types of foods, the cup amount is very large so you can make big batches at once i hate to always keep putting more and more and have to do many batches but this works out great! its very easy to store and clean the cup is dishwasher safe and the blender i just wipe clean with a damp cloth