3.7
Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker

Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker

3.7

Very Practical!

I got this coffee pot as a wedding present 3 1/2 years ago(I registered for it). I have loved this coffee pot. The thermos is great, but the heat does not last as long as I would like it to last. If I brew my coffee at 7:30 and try to get some more at 10:30 (during my sons snack), the coffee is already cold. I think a thermos should keep the coffee longer than this. I would not complain, but my mugs are not microwave safe. One more negative thing is the there are and always has been a few numbers that do not light up all the way, so part of the time is cut off.

I have done a lot of research on buying other coffee pots with the thermos feature and one common thing that I have noticed is that most do not pour the coffee out fast enough. You will not have that problem with this coffee maker!

This is easy to clean. Many of the pieces are dishwasher safe (not sure about the thermos). I use vinegar and water to clean to clean the parts that cannot go in the dishwasher. Over all this is a great little coffee maker and you cannot go wrong for the price!

Black & Decker Thermal Carafe-keeps coffee hot but not for long

We bought our Black & Decker Thermal Carafe Coffeemaker over a year ago and it is still in perfect working condition.  We were initially drawn to its sleek design and the promise that it is not breakable.  After all this time and use, the exterior of the carafe still looks good -- it doesn't have any discoloration.  It is very durable and because of its design it does not break under extreme heat nor is it as fragile as glass carafes.  My only complaint is that their 8 cup is more like for 6 cups.  We have standard coffee mugs and their metrics for number of cups seems less than standard.  So for instance, you would have to fill the water to the 1 1/2 line to get 1 cup of coffee.  It keeps coffee hot longer than glass carafes but not as long as I expected it too.  It does not perform like insulated coffee mugs, which seem to keep coffee warm longer.  I find that after 2 hours, even if the coffee is warm , it is not enough.  By this time I find myself having to microwave the mug to get it to the right temperature.

quick and easy

from Edina, MN

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

The Black and Decker 8 cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker is a great accessory for the kitchen. It is quick and easy for use and clean up. You can have coffee ready in a few minutes and it is simple to set up. I like that kids can even put on the coffee with no complications. Black and Decker has a great line of products and this is another to add to the list. The coffee comes out great and fresh and of course you can fiddle around with how strong or weak you like it. It is a small coffee maker and takes up very little space. You can fit it just about anywhere.

Brew Performance
Delicious fresh coffee whenever you want. Its nice for making one cup or a pot for more people.

Simple and quick. Fantastic.

Very simple to use, even for kids to set up.

The design is bold, simple and functional. Just what you need.

Black and Decker products, from my experience, have long durability. I am sure this will be the same.

• Brew Performance:

best little coffee maker ever!

from Fergus Falls, MN

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

I just got a new one for Christmas.  My old b&d coffee maker has been on my counter for over 10 years, I had broken the pause and serve thingy and it was getting drippy.  But I didn't want any other style.  Then I got one as a present!  Oh happy day....this one is even better than my old one.....the pause and serve works without dripping!!  the carafe keeps it very hot for hours and has a nice big mouth on it for getting in there to clean, and a push to pour feature that my old one didnt  *had to screw off the lid for every pour)....can you say happy camper??  I'm thrilled!!  Go B&D......I plan on letting this on take up my counter space too until......

I especially love that I can set up the night before and wake to fresh brewed coffee!!

The dripless carafe is the best! AND keeps the coffee hot all day!!

• Brew Performance:

Makes great coffee, but not so great to clean.

from Philadelphia, PA

Black & Decker 8 cup programable thermal carafe

I love the size of this coffee maker. As I never need to make more than 6 or 8 cups, it's perfect. Good looking, shiny and sleek. However, once the coffee maker shuts off, the carafe doesn't keep the coffee hot for more than half and hour. The lid and the basket go right in the dishwasher, but the carafe does not, As the carafe is narrow at the top, it's hard to really get inside and scrub it out.

Pretty good coffee pot

from Level Plains, AL

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

We have been using this coffee pot for the last few years, and it has worked just fine. It is a fairly cheap coffee pot, and it does what it is suppose to do but nothing more. It has always made hot coffee, and it is really easy to use. But there are a few things that I don't like about it. The pieces that are made to prevent coffee from coming out when the pot is removed, keep falling apart. So we finally just decided not to put them in, and just to make sure we do not remove the pot until it is completely done making coffee. The pot itself is made to keep the coffee hot for a while, but there is not a burner that can be turned on to keep the coffee hot for a longer period of time. So if you are going to want some more coffee an hour or two later, you will be heating it back up in the microwave. All in all it is a good coffee pot for the price.

Black & decker thermal coffeemaker--good buy

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

My wife and I decided to buy this coffee maker when we actually broke the glass pot of our old one. We figured that a thermal pot would be more durable and withstanding of any bumps/clangs that may happen while being washed especially. So far this coffee pot has been really durable. I like that it is programmable so we set the coffee pot the evening before and it's brewed before I wake up for work. My wife wakes up after me and the coffee is still warm enough that she can drink it (she warms it up more but it is not stale). The only thing that I wish would be different with this coffee pot is that it's really hard to clean out. The filter holder part comes out so that is not the problem but it is the part where the water is poured in, it sometimes gets dirty and is difficult to clean. Overall I would recommend this coffee pot because of it's durability and features. It's reasonably priced and looks nice too.

black & decker thermal coffeemaker--outstanding!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

My husband and I really enjoy coffee in the morning. The struggle we have always had is that he gets up a lot earlier than I do so we often would brew our coffee separately. This was ok for awhile but we found that we wasted a lot of coffee doing it this way. So when we changed our kitchen to black and stainless steel appliances we bought the black & decker thermal coffeemaker and LOVE IT! We program the coffeepot to turn on for when my husband gets up for work and the remaining coffee stays nice and warm for when I get up. I especially love that the thermal pot eliminates the worry of breaking--since I have broken numerous glass pots in the past. This is an attractive, durable, and nice appliance.

Love this Thermal Carafe Coffeemaker!

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

At first glance, I did not think I would like this kind of coffemaker. I've just never been into the carafe thing, mainly because I can't see the coffee being brewed! But I was quickly converted. It keeps coffee hot, and there's no burnt taste, like with a regular coffee pot. Not to mention, the darn thing is so cute! It has a lot of buttons/settings that I have no idea what to do with. I'm sure they would be useful to someone who knows and cares about these things. I know how to turn it on and off, and that is good enough for me. These are great for gifts too! They look way more expensive than they really are. Awesome for entertaining, or just coffee for two. It doesn't sound like it's angry when it brews the coffee, either!

The Black and Decker Thermal Carafe is just okay

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

We received this coffee maker for a wedding present. It looked nice (for the first year) and ran fine.

We're into our fifth year of marriage and still use this coffee maker. After the first year, it's shine started to dull (literally and figuratively). It makes funny pressure noises because of the top and doesn't pour well, sometimes leaking over from the top when poured and full. It also doesn't keep the coffee all that warm. You would think with a thermal carafe it would remain hot for a longer period of time, but that hasn't been the case.

The one pro to this coffee maker is that if you are lazy (like me) than cleaning the inside out regularly isn't necessary. No coffee rings are left and no one is the wiser.

Very Practical!

from Winston, GA

Not thrilled with the Black & Decker Thermal Carafe Coffeemaker

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker:

This was received as a Christmas gift but we ended up returning it to the store.  This is an affordable coffeemaker and very nice looking.  I really liked that the stainless steel carafe was not breakable since I'm usually the one to break the glass ones.

It is hard to see the water level.  My husband noticed a metallic taste to the coffee.  I, personally, did not notice this but I don't drink as much coffee as him and typically have no problem drinking water from stainless steel bottles.  It is easy to clean even though the top opening of the carafe is more narrow than a typical glass decanter.

My husband likes very hot coffee and was hoping the thermal carafe would help with that.  The machine brewed fine coffee but was no hotter than with a  non-thermal carafe.  The thermal carafe did not keep the coffee hot very long.  I did not time it but am not sure I could count on it to keep coffee hot for a party.