Other Coffee Makers:
Black & Decker
DCM675BMT
Black & Decker 5-Cup Coffee Maker

Black & Decker 5-Cup Coffee Maker

Black & Decker 5-cup Coffeemaker... well, I like it...

from norwood, OH

Comments about Black & Decker 5-Cup Coffee Maker:

I'm not sure why this coffee maker got such bad reviews. I like it just fine. I got it as a wedding present almost three years ago, and it's working just fine for me, and my coffee tastes alright, too.

Because it's a small pot, I always make a full pot for my husband and I, so the fact that you can't see the water level just never was an issue for me, though I see how it could be. The reason we registered for a smaller coffee maker is so that we'd waste less coffee, and so far, that's been true.

As far as it making coffee taste bad, perhaps I'm just used to it, but I have not noticed any weird taste as a result of the plastic.

I've never bought an expensive coffee maker, but any other coffee maker that I've owned in the past never lasted as long as this one has. My mom goes through at least two in a year (I have no idea why), and my mother-in-law has had at least four in the six years I've known her. So the fact that I've been married since April '08 and this little guy is still truckin' makes me feel pretty good about it.

Black & Decker's 5 cup Epic FAIL

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Black & Decker 5-Cup Coffee Maker:

I love coffee and I have owned many coffee makers over the years. I loved this one when I bought it because it had all the features that I wanted, but at a price anyone could afford. The coffee maker is an attractive one, but do not let the attractiveness or all the features fool you. From the first day I could sense that something wasn't quite right. There seemed to be a strange taste infiltrating my coffee. The coffee maker also was hard to use because it is hard to tell how much water you are putting in the pot. This makes a chore out of making a simple pot of coffee. On top of all that no matter what I ran through the coffee maker it seemed to clog. The water would end up in areas around the coffee pot. I would highly suggest that anyone considering this coffee maker run away quickly; there are so many other coffee pots with the same features that make a wonderful cup of coffee! Save yourself the trouble and buy a coffee maker that works!