Other Toaster Ovens:

Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven

Pros

Cons

Black and Decker Convection Countertop Oven

In our house, the toaster oven gets used daily, so it was important to us to have a good one. This convection oven has proven to be the best one we have ever had. It is great for heating up leftovers that are better oven heated than microwaved. It preheats quickly. It also cooks evenly . I have often found some little ovens do not cook evenly . We have found that it cooks evenly whether the food is frozen or not. We have made pizzas in this oven and also muffins. It is a very good size for our family. You can put a lot in it, but it does not take up too much room on the countertop. The convection part is the greatest. it cooks food up to thirty per cent faster which is a definite plus when you want to heat up that midnight snack!

Black and Decker is a good brand, but this isn't their best oven

First, let me state that I hate toaster ovens, and microwaves for that matter. Still, there are times when you don't want to heat up the whole house just to make a cheese sandwich. So toaster ovens can be useful, but, just so you know, I'm biased. I just don't think there's a substitute for real, oven cooked food.

This toaster oven heats pretty evenly and the settings are easy to use. I never use the top rack though, because it burns everything. That's more like a broiler- really high heat for short amounts of time. Use the bottom rack and you should be safe.

It heats quickly and is not too hard to clean, except that stuff can get stuck on the inside. It has a pretty deep capacity because of a curve in the back, but since the tray that comes with it is so little, I wonder how this helps. The top gets really hot, so don't put anything on top of it.

The tray will hold four pieces of square sandwich bread or two pieces of the larger loaf-style bread.

Altogether, if you're mainly heating up pre-made food, or if you really like toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, this product isn't bad. For anything else, though, it isn't adequate.

Great for work or small spaces

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

This was the toaster oven I brought to work since I refused to take in my nice expensive one. I like eating bagels and warm sandwiches and this was perfect since there was no range there. It heats up quickly and toasts very evenly. I like how versatile this is, you can bake, even cookies if you want, broil, or toast. I mainly used it for toasting but did use the bake option a few times. The trays slide out for easy cleaning and the bottom crumb tray slides out as well.

Toasting Evenness
Toasts pretty evenly, I was surprised it did since the bread is laying flat and not vertical.

Safety
It does get very hot on the inside so I used tongs or an oven mitt to remove my food.

All the trays and pans come out so cleaning is very easy.

Seems to be made of very high quality durable materials. Has worked now for several years with no issues.

Small enough to leave on the counter or store in a cabinet. It's a nice stainless steel with black accents so not cheap looking.

Our family uses it daily!

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

This toaster oven makes life easier. My family and I use it on a daily basis as a toaster, as an oven, as a broiler, and as a timer. You can make virtually anything you want in this toaster oven. I use it to cook pizza, bake garlic bread, make toast, melt cheese, warm pie, etc. I find myself using this more than I do my oven or toaster when I need to heat something small or toast something.

Even Heating
Everything I have ever put into this toaster oven has turned out great. I have never had any issues with uneven heating or over heating.

Safety
The outside of the toaster oven does get warm/hot and there is no latch to keep it shut while it is being used. I do make sure to keep my children away from it when it is in use.

It is very easy to clean. I typically wipe it down after each use to remove crumbs and what not. I typically use a sponge or a wash cloth with soap and water. The tray is easy to clean as well as it is dishwasher safe.

I have had my toaster oven for approximately three years and it still runs great. I have had no issues thus far.

It is small and it is simple.

Saves food!

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

My boyfriend and I bought this so we could take home fries from restaurants and heat them up at home easily. I am so glad we got this it really is gods send to us! We always have leftovers from pizza, fries, nachos, fish, and Chinese food. This really does the job of heating up left overs and making them taste just like the day before. We also cook dinner in it to from chicken, fish, and even shepherd’s pie and it cooks it in a very fast time than a normal oven. I do hate the fact that if you get any kind of spillage or stains in it they are really hard to get out even with scrubbing them down after a nice soak in hot water. I would advise if you see and stains to wash them out immediately or you will end up baking the stains in which is a no-no. It is also nice that you can change form toasting, baking, broiling and even just to keep food warm. I recommended this to any family that needs a high quality toaster oven that’s easy to use.

• Safety:

Good oven, poor toaster, but great price

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

I have had this toaster oven for a few months now and overall it has been good. The oven feature cooks everything perfectly. I have used it to cook homemade pizza, baked potato, salmon filet, frozen chicken cordon bleu, vegetables, etc. On the other hand, I haven't been pleased with the toaster function. First, the dial doesn't give a lot of room for error when selecting how brown you want your toast. It takes precision and experimentation to know just where to turn the dial. Also, it toasts unevenly. My toast gets more brown on one half than the other, even when it is placed in the center on the element. The texture of the toast is different than the toaster oven I had before. Overall, if you aren't picky about your toast, or if you mostly want to use it mostly as an oven, it is a decent toaster oven at a good price.

Mostly because of the dials (see comments above). I do like how the sturdy the rack is and the roomier size inside of the toaster oven.

• Safety:

You get what you paid for

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

Having acquired this product for my new apartment, I was very anxious to see how it would function. However, after having used it for a multitude of purposes, I have concluded that it is a satisfactory product; it can pretty much do all of your basic toasting/baking needs for relatively small portions. I found that it proved most useful for toasting bread and bagels- they always came out to the desired texture I had wanted. On the other hand, however, for items that needed longer cooking times, I discovered that at times, the toaster oven tends to burn food. On several occasions, cooking chicken in the oven has ended up with portions of it being burnt. I believe this is due to the rack being placed a bit high in the oven, causing the food placed on the rack to be unnecessarily closer to the heat source located in the upper portion of the convection oven. I suppose this could be resolved by simply rotating the food items frequently. Other than this issue, I find that this oven completes its basic functions.

• Safety:

It is a good solid toaster oven.

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

This has been a really good toaster oven. It heats up really fast. It saves time when I use it instead of my oven. You definitely want to watch whatever you are reheating or cooking because it goes faster in a toaster oven than a real oven. One thing I would say about this to watch out for it never put anything on top of it while it is on. This is kind of obvious but I always forget because it is the perfect place to store things. I have melted plastic on top of it at least three or four times. That is one improvement Black and Decker could definitely use. I would love to not have to worry about the top overheating but it is not a deal breaker.

Safety
Better insulation would be a good idea. I have melted a lot of plastic that was on top or around the toaster oven while it was on.

It can be difficult to clean if anything melts and falls onto the bottom heaters. It is easy to fix by lining the rack with tin foil before using it.

Toaster Great for Frozen Junk Food and Reheating subs

from Toledo, Ohio

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

This toaster oven works good for individual snacks like tater tots and pizza rolls. It is good for pre-teens because the oven works on a timer and shuts off so it is left of a saftey hazard. It works good for heating up a sub or for toasting quick breads like frozen garlic toast and it probably uses less energy than a gas oven. I found it does not work great for frozen chicken breasts or fish, it takes forever to heat them and does not heat evenly. It mainly works good for heating up quick snacks. For tater tots and fries it works best on broil. It has a wide array of heat settings from toast to broil. I almost do everything on broil for quicker cooking.

Even Heating
Heats premade foods pretty evenly, frozen foods take a long time and don't heat as well.

Safety
I am comfortable with my teen using this because it shuts off on a timer.

It has a nice tray that comes out and can be popped in the dish washer. I usually cover mine with foil so I don't have to clean it much.

This product has been durable and it is well made.

• Safety:

Fits a reg frozen pizza!!

from Penacook, NH

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

Preforms really well with so many heating options and settings. Heats evenly and completely. Great for baking cookies and fits a full size frozen pizza. If you have teens and cook frozen treats, this is great. Cooks any kind of toast, bagels, frozen biscuits, crescents, The convection option is great to have less cook time and to add crispiness to you food.

You can really cook anything in this and it works very well. It cooks cookies really well which a lot of toaster ovens don't. Great for small batches. Easy for kids to use and they enjoy making their own treats. Better then microwave.

Great.

Safety
Using the safety guideline it works really well.

Very easy with a removable lower try. The 4 elements are covered to protect them and make cleaning easier.

Really durable. Still looks great after 3 years.

I like the stainless design. It goes well in my modern kitchen. Would make a great gift.

Cute and Practical Oven

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

I was looking for a small oven so that I could heat food like hot dog wieners and pastries for a short amount of time without using my main oven. I ended up buying this oven, and it has been so useful! Oftentimes I would also heat chicken nuggets for my younger sibling and they would turn out absolutely delicious! It is better than using a microwave, because this oven heats food more evenly. It also has knobs for temperature and time. The knobs are very cute and practical, and the one for time slowly ticks away until time is up, and when that happens, a ding sound comes from the oven. I recommend this microwave to anyone who has small children; it is efficient for heating frozen chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. Anyone can use this oven; it is very efficient.

Even Heating
It heats food very evenly, temperature is constant all throughout the food.

Safety
Everything around the oven must be moved out of the way, so that when the oven gets too hot, nothing catches fire.

I have used this oven for 5 years now, and it works wonderfully.

It is very sleek and modern looking.

• Safety:

I love my Black and Decker Toaster Oven!

from Milo, IA

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Convection Toaster Oven:

I love my Black and Decker Toaster Oven! I really love using this product! I love that I can toast and bake anything in this. It is so easy to use and so easy to clean. I love that there is a tray to use. I have made toast, toasted bagels, garlic bread in it. I love using it. I can cook my food without turning on my oven and heating up my whole house. It is especially nice to use in the summer when my house is hot enough. The bottom can open up so you can clean out the crumbs. It cooks evenly and I have only burned my toast once. I've never used one before so I had to learn how hot to put it on and how long to leave it. Although there is a great picture of toast by the temperature and time to let you know where to set it. I think that was really a helpful thing to have. And I think it is super safe to use so I think that even older kids could use it and not get hurt. You could even bake cookies in it if you're only making a couple at a time.