Other Mops & Brooms:
Bissell
Bissell Steam Mop 1867

Bissell Steam Mop 1867

great product

I have tried many products to clean my floors.  Each one seems practical for a week or so and then becomes more work and doesn't clean as well as I thought.  This mop is soooo easy to use and has lived up to my expectations.  It leaves no streaks behind, heats up in seconds, and is small enough to store away.  There are no chemicals to use, just plain water.  The problems I have with this product are minimal.  The cord is short so you do have to unplug and replug and the only way to turn it off is to unplug it.  So you sort of have to make sure you know where you are mopping so you don't have to walk on the damp floor to unplug it while it dries.  I love this mop though!

High expectations, mediocre performance.

The Bissell Steam Mop is a mixed bag as far as a review. Some good performance, but also some disappointment. I am being generous to give it a three, but feel a two is maybe too low.  I purchased it specifically for my vinyl flooring, which I work to keep clean, but it IS work. I have no children and no pets.  The Bissell looked like a good choice to make this easier. I always sweep floors clean, then mop. The Bissell Steam Mop did an EXCELLENT job loosening all dirt or spots on the floors. However, the mop head quickly gets dirty, then you are pushing the dirty mop head around and leaving dingy water on the floor.  This is not easily apparent, but when I wiped the damp floors with a clean white towel, it easily showed that the mop leaves an unclean film on the floor surface. Not just barely, but quite significant. I change the pad for each room, but still can wipe up the floor with a cloth and it show the floor is not TRULY clean.  Has anyone else noticed this? I am not really a neat freak, but I want clean to be CLEAN! I will continue to use the Bissell first, but then follow with a damp mop and clear water to finish. This Bissell Mop is extremely easy and comfortable to use! If you have health or aging issued  that make cleaning difficult, this would be a great item for you!

Carolyn

Easy to use for natural cleaning

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

I wanted a steam mop because I like the idea of cleaning with hot water only (no chemical cleaners). This cleaner is nice because it comes with multiple brushes (bathroom, kitchen, grout, and floor) for versatility. It was a bit on the heavy side and the continuous pressing down of the steam trigger does leave my hand hurting after cleaning (I had to take a few breaks). It did a great job of cleaning the grout in my shower. I rent and the unit was not well-maintained before I moved in, so there is still a little bit of staining from mildew even after steaming it, but it's a vast improvement. I would be hesitant to use this steamer on a wood floor. I tried it on a wood door and it caused a "fogged" look. It works great on linoleum and tile floors. Simply vacuum the area first and then steam it. Sticky areas are very easy to clean. I found you can rinse the mop pad a couple of times before you actually have to put it in the washing machine. My steamer came with two mop pads. I recommend this steamer for an economical cleaning machine. Definitely easier than a mop! Use distilled water for maximum lifespan.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

Overall, I LOVE THIS MACHINE! I've had it for 4 yrs. and It quit giving steam one time. I read the troubleshooting and all I had to do was buy another filter at Lowe's. If you use tap water with it all the time, you'll have problems with no steam. That's what happened to me, so I started using distilled water and have had no more problems.

This is a great mop

from Banks, OR

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

This mop offers something that so many mops don't - it works. The steam is a cool idea that can actually get stains off the floor.
the Bissell Steam Mop 1867 is worth your money. It's a decent price, and in my opinion, well worth it. Instead of getting on my knees to get the stains off my floor, this mop does a good job of steaming them off. Though it means I now have one more gadget in my home, for me it's worth it because I have a hard time getting up and down on my knees.
I think the Bissell Steam Mop is a great idea for people with disabilities and seniors. It fills a niche in the mop world, there aren't a lot of mops I'm aware of that also offer a steam function.
I would recommend this mop to my friends and family because it's different, it works and it's a fun thing to have. The Bissell Steam Mop has done a good job of keeping the Bissell name by making a good product that works well and is affordable.

Bissell Steam Mop 1867 is the Best

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

Bissell Steam Mop 1867 is the best for today's mopping of floors. It heats the water to a steam so there is not any water left on the floor for a person to have to guard while it dries to keep people off of them because, with the steam it dries so fast that before you finish the room it is dry. Today' s floors are more hardwood than carpet and carpet is so much harder to maintain that many people have gone to hard wood or laminate floors.
And with the floors being wood or laminate steam is the way to go because of the fast dry and you do not have to worry about it sitting on your laminate floor ruining them so easily like the old fashion mop. There are wonderful and can get under furniture and move around so easy it is almost like you are not working to mop your floors. They can twist and turn so easily as well and it is a product that is going to be hard to beat when it comes to cleaning wood or laminate floors. The only down side is replacing the cleaning pads but it you already keep your floor clean and not wait for long periods of time they do not require changing as often as a person would think. And with steam you sanitize at the same time as you clean and if you have children that is a most wonderful feature that you really want in a product because it protects your child from the germs and what can be brought in when people do not take their shoes off at the door. And trust me with the germs that we have today we want to protect our babies the best that we can or at least I think most good parents do. Do not let the product over whelm you because it is so easy to use and you will be so happy that you spent the money to protect your wood or laminate floors as well as cleaned them for you little one as well. You will not ever regret buying this product.

Excellent!

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

I've tried this product and felt that it is a very solid product. This has a tank of water that allows you to shoot out steam from the nozzle when you pull the trigger. It's a slim profile and very lightweight. It also has a swivel head that can allow you to go under the fridge if necessary. What I like about this is that I can use this on the garage floor as well as this is where my gym is and sometimes I use the floor to do some exercises. You can mount this on vertically on the wall if you want.

If you hate mopping, this is what you should use instead. It does provide a clean floor, but not as thorough as if you were to do it manually on the floor with your hands. You need to clean the floor slowly with the mop to be able to get it cleaned. You do not have to go over the area twice, once is enough.

It's a great idea to use such a product to clean your kitchens and bathrooms weekly. This provides a great way to sterilize everything for you.

The Steam Mop is A Dream!

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

I can't say enough about how much I love using my Bissell steam mop. First and foremost, it cleans with only water. No chemicals! The water attachment is easy to fill and use and the longer cord is much more convenient.

The steam mop gets my hardwood floors cleaner than any other product I have tried. I love to use it on my kitchen floor as it gets those food and spill spots that I would be otherwise on my hands and knees scrubbing. It comes with a few pads that fit on to the end of the mop, and are machine washable.

If I have to deduct one point from this product it would be for the ease of use with the floor pads. I don't really like the thought of throwing a floor pad that I used on my bathroom floor into my washing machine. Maybe I'm crazy, but it just dosen't seem right. They are somewhat difficult to get to stay on the steam mop initially but stay in place once properly fitted. A disposable wipe, a la The Swiffer, would greatly increase my enjoyment for this product. But overall, I love it, totally worth it.

Great steam mop - takes a beating and works great.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

Bissell Steam Mop 1867 is a really good quality steam mop. While redoing my wood floors, I had to remove old carpet and old padding. The padding was very stuck to the wood floor and I didn’t want to scrape them and mess up the wood floors that I was trying to save. I used the Bissell Steam mop to “steam” the stuck padding off the floors and it worked great. After the padding was off the floor, I went over it again and it cleaned even that old wood floor beautifully. You do have to be careful not to leave it in once spot for too long or else you do get dark spots on the wood (not actually the wood but it turned the finish darker). The pads are very durable however I did ruin one pad getting the old padding off. They are machine washable and I always bleach mine too which helps keep them looking better longer. I just use plain water in it. I think that it worked better for what I was using it for than any chemical cleaner could have.

A grown up person's steam mop.

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

I purchased this Bissell steam mop after the other brand steam mop fizzled out after 8 uses. I like the look of this steam mop. It took me a few tries to figure out how this one worked. I like the fact you press a trigger for steam, you do not have to pump it. The mop head was a disappointment, but the company is sending me a different mop head to replace it.

Not sure if it is a steam mop or not!

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

I have had 2 bissell steam mops and neither one has ever produced steam. I sent one back and they promptly sent me another but the second one did not produce steam either. I was very disappointed. I purchased this machine as it had the biggest tank and mop head and it looked like a good choice because I have all ceramic tiled floors.

The No Pain Steam Mop

Comments about Bissell Steam Mop 1867:

This product is a lifesaver! After hurting my back in a car accident, I found mopping the floor to be an almost impossible, and very painful task. But then I heard a friend talking about her Bissell Steam Mop, it sounded too good to be true. But, it's even better than what she said! I'll never use a traditional mop again! It's wonderful to have clean floors without all the pain.