4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

This thing ROCKS!!

I was very skeptical of all the infomercials on TV for the Shark, - and steam mops, in general. I did some online research, read some reviews and the Shark was rated pretty...Read complete review

I was very skeptical of all the infomercials on TV for the Shark, - and steam mops, in general. I did some online research, read some reviews and the Shark was rated pretty highly.

Then - one day, while shopping at Walmarts, I impulsively took the plunge and bought it. I loooove this thing! Like the caption says, - this thing ROCKS! I can't even explain how clean the floor looks and feels after cleaning it with this steam mop.

Here are some things that I have learned:

1.) You must sweep or vacuum the floor very, very well before steam cleaning.

2.) If you have animals that leave hair all over the place, even after thoroughly sweeping the floor, you might find that the steam mop finds those hairs. Don't worry about them because they pretty much disappear when the floor is completely dry. The ones that don't can be swept away.

3.) If you have hard water in your area (like I do) you should use distilled water.

4.) The floor isn't completely dry while steam mopping, but it is much drier than when using a traditional sponge mop. It only takes about 10 minutes to dry completely. Overall, I would totally recommend this thing for anyone who hates mopping floors, - - and I think that about covers everyone!

Shark Steam Mop

I bought my 3 lb Shark Steam Mop from SAMS in December and absolutely love it! I have laminate flooring and linoleum flooring in my bathrooms and had been using BONA to clean the llaminate). I have no problems with BONA but it certainly doesn't do what my steam cleaner does! My new Shark came with 2 triangle microfiber pads and 2 horizontal ones plus a steam duster pad.

Don't add anything to your tank but water, wait 30 seconds or so and start pumping the handle. The handle was somewhat hard to get used to as it feels rather flimsy. You really need to pump it in order to clean with steam but once I got the hang of it, I had no problems. My floor dried quickly so there's no waiting around to walk on it. I can feel how clean my floors are and I know they're sanitized which pleases a clean freak like myself.

I wash my pads in hot water with no fabric softener and let them air dry. I'm always ready for the next mopping day which, for me is usually every other day.

The cord length is 30 feet which allows me to do clean my kitchen and dining room and then I have to switch to another socket to clean the living room and bathrooms. My bedrooms are carpeted. I don't have to add water to clean all my floors so I'm finished in around 10 minutes.

The ergonomic, soft handle is easy on my hands as I have arthritis in them. I can see the mop as it cleans up dirt so I know it's doing a great job. This is my first steam mop so I don't have any experience with other mops to compare it with. Once you get the hang of the pump and the rather flimsy handle, mopping goes fast and you have clean floors and who doesn't want that? It sure beats the old fashioned way of mopping!

I love this thing!!

from Tarentum, PA

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

This thing is awesome! It is very simple to use, light weight, and gets the job done. I was hesitant to purchase this type of product at first because I was not sure that just water and steam would do a deep enough clean on my floors. Surprisingly, they do. I still spray down cleaner during every other use, but its really not necessary at all. I would definitely recommend this product. I feel these type of steam mops are slightly over priced, but definitely worth what you pay. It's a high quality and durable product that I will never be without again.

Best steamer ever!

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

I love this steamer. When we moved into our apartment, my boyfriend and I were disgusted at how dirty our hardwood floor was (our feet were black just after a day)! We used it and said good bye to dirty feet. After we finished, I actually laid down on the floor. Now we use it every time we know our friends (with babies) come over to make sure our floors are ready for them.

piece of junk

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

I have yet to find a steam mop that is worth the price. The shark steam mop was by far the worst. It worked for one day and then stopped. It would turn on and make steam noises, but no steam whatsoever came out of the darn thing. Returning it to the store where I purchased it was a nightmare. This was a complete waste of my time and money.

Shark mop - I don't get it

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

I bought this steam mop at recommendation of previous homeowner for the hardwood floors. When I first saw this house, I was very impressed by the condition and shine of he floors. I had the opportunity to ask what the previous owner used, and she showed me her Shark. So as soon as we closed on the house, I bought one. I used it twice and did not see the shiny and clean results. I then googled it tosee if I was doing something wrong, and found warnings against over steaming hardwoods. I promptly stopped using it and bought a Bona mop. Love it!

The fact that Shark is electric and has an incredibly short cord makes no sense. Also, there is no way to apply pressure - it just glides over surface of floor. This product does not meet my needs at all. FYI - I have two Labradors and need to clean up their paw prints and all their water dribbles. Labs just can't swallow that last drink of water!

Anyway - not a fan of the Shark.

Saves money and cleans chemical free!

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

I am not even sure where to start with how much I love this thing. I have had mine for several years now. Full disclosure: I did have to replace it once because I didn't use distilled water (as the manual states) and the calcium/minerals built up and it wouldn't work anymore. In the replacement I only use distilled water.

My floors feel and look so clean after using this. I had ceramic tile that I could not get clean when we first moved into our house and this thing took care of all of the dirt on the first try. You only have to fill it with water, no cleaners needed. I feel so happy knowing that my pets and my family are not exposed to yet another harmful chemical. Plus it is easy on our budget since I don't have to purchase floor cleaner.

I use this on my ceramic tile, my hardwood floors (maple) and on linoleum. It does a fantastic job on all three. I am able to get this bad boy out, let it do all of the hard work, toss the reusable/washable pad in the washing machine (no refill cloths to buy either!!!) and move on with my day. No scrubbing, no backaches!!!

Great

from Warren, OH

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

I have been using the swifter sweeper for so long and I thought I would try something new. This seems to workreally wonderful and have a lot of acess to hard to reach places with the two attachments. One has a mop attachment and is a rectangle and the other is an angled one that works great in hard to reach places. It heats up very fast in about thirty seconds and you just switch it on and mops the floor very fast and efficiently with power and control! I love that it is very simple to use and its cleaning is very effective and fast like other things I have not tried. Its great you also dont have to deal with anymore chemicals all you do is unscrew the cap where you fill the water and fill it up to use that. It automatically heats up the water in only thirty seconds when you turn it on and its wonderful to use I would highly reccommend to anyone looking for a new floor cleaner!

The best mop yet!

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

Never used the carpet attachment until my sister told me that it works great. I used it on a wool area rug, which is difficult to clean. My rug looks so refreshed. I loved this mop on my floors and now I love it for my rug and heavy traffic areas of my carpet! This product is such a simple idea and so simple to use. The pads now have scrubber rows on them and work great for getting hair spray of the bathroom floor. I highly recommend this steam mop.

Awesome

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

I've been using this mop for 8 months and my floors have never looked so good! It's very easy to use and does a great job! It gets super hot, so I know it's killing all the bacteria on the floor. I use it on my hard wood floors as well as ceramic tile. The price is also very reasonable, compared to other steam mops out there. The "Shark" name is very reputable.

Shark Steam Mops are a great investment!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

Most of my home has either hardwood or ceramic tile flooring. I have a small child who cannot ever seem to eat or drink anything without spilling or dripping it. In addition to that, he's dumped laundry soap all over the floor, gotten into nail polish, overflowed the toilet, etc. So, I must say that the best feature for me was the sanitizing factor. The steam "naturally" kills like 99% of germs and bacteria. The mop has re-usable washable cloths that you can soak and wash by hand or throw in the washer. They are easy to get on and off the mop. The tank is easy to fill but is not the biggest so for larger jobs you may have to refill quite a few times. The steam pretty much starts within seconds of turning it on. I will say that it doesn't loosen dried on food and things as much as you would think and I have had to scrub a couple spots my hand before going over the entire floor with this. Overall, a great product that comes in very handy.

Steam mop makes cleaning floors easily

from Houston, tx

Comments about Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop S3501N:

Imagine the old days where you had to get on your hands and knees in order to clean the floors. Remember the days where you had to strain your back and knees in order to reach down and wipe the floor. My back used to be strained so much and my hands used to hurt so much wiping the floors so hard especially those hard to scrub and hard to remove stains. I would have to scrub hard and strain my hands and arms and back. Those days are gone with this new steam mop.

I received this mop as a gift from a friend who was shopping for a new mop and thought of me. I happily accepted the mop and pleased with this product. It's easy to use. I hate mopping floors! It's hard it strains my back. This makes mopping more easily. I don't have to strain my back or my hands anymore. It glides on the floor easily. It's easy to use as well. Add water and a couple of pumps and you can see the steam heat up quickly. The steam is mainly for the tough spots. All I have to do is hover over the tough spots and wipe the floor without straining myself. The floor dries instantly as well. The floor doesn't stay wet for a long time like the regular mops cause.

I give this product an overall rating of a 8 out of a 10. I would recommend this product.