3.8
Hoover
Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032

Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032

3.8

Better than scrubbing any other way, in every way!

I love my Hard Floor Cleaner!  I use it for my laminate wood floors and my tile and it does an excellent job.  I was concerned at first about the brushes scratching the laminate surface, but I have had no such problems.  I use it at my Mom's house, as well, and the first time I did her kitchen floors for her, we were both impressed- she said, "Wow, I could get down on my hands and knees and scrub and it wouldn't look this good!"  Unlike other popular products, like the swiffer-types and even traditional mops, the Hard Floor Cleaner sucks up the used water and cleaner as you go and puts fresh water/cleaner down continually.  Instead of moving dirt around and never being sure what's actually left on your floor, with the Hard Floor Cleaner you are REMOVING IT ALL, simple as that.  It's easy to use, easy to clean, and powerfully effective!

Limited life span.

I bought this product when it first came on the market.  I thought it would be great since I have a variety of floor surfaces in my home--hardwood, tile and linoleum.  For the first two years, the product worked great.  It got my floors so clean that they actually squeaked!

I ***always*** maintained my FloorMate as the owner's manual indicated.  I ***thouroughly*** cleaned it after every use.  After two years, however, I noticed that the water tank was barely full after use.  The FloorMate appeared to be spraying out the cleaning solution, but there was hardly any dirty water in the tank and my floors were dry.  A mystery which left me wondering how well it was really cleaning my floors.  I checked the troubleshooting guide in the owner's manual, but found no solutions.  And of course, after two years, the product is out of warranty.

I really can't tell if it's broken or not, but it's going in my garage sale next week.

Other items to note:  Although it says that it's safe to use on sealed hardwood floors, any floor manufacturer will tell you to NEVER use water on hardwood, not ever those nifty new steam mops.  Unit is hard to manuver in corners and it is necessary to go over scuff marks several times.

Great floor cleaner

from Maricopa, AZ

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

This cleaner is easy to use, cleans hard floors very well, and drys floor quickly. Works well on wood, linoleum and /or tile floors. I bought it because it picks up the dirty water quite easily rather than just spreading it around when you use a mop. It also has a long cord.

The Hoover Floor Mate great for a quick cleaning

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

This is a three in one cleaner-vacumn that washes and cleans hard floors. It does a super job on my ceramic tile floor. and does not scratch or damage the tiles. The counter rotating brushes are gentle and scrub from all angles. Does a great job on larger areas and the floors are completely dry when you finish. The machine is a little challenging when working in a smaller area. It works as a vacumn first then dries the floor so you don't have puddles and you can really deep clean those tile and hardwood floors. It does such a awesome job that I overlook some of the inconveniences. You have to switch to different pads depending on what you are doing and It took me some time to figure out how to put the machine together. The pads are easily cleaned just by dropping them in the washing machine however I let them air dry. The machine is just one more thing to store but with all that said, I still recommend it especially if you have hardwood floors. Any inconvenience is overlooked with the quality of this product.

Expensive, but definitely your mate!

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

I had the pleasure of trying this beauty of a cleaning machine. This is a multiple functional machine with three different settings. First you can use a vacuum to suction up the dirt on your floors. You next can use the wash setting to clean your floors. Lastly, there is a dry setting to help speed up the drying process. I do not use the third setting because there is no need to waste electricity since everything dries up so much quickly. It's very amazing to see the amount of dirt that is present on your floors. The water that you clean with turns completely black after wards, so it's pretty amazing how powerful this machine is for cleaning. The only issue that I have with this machine is that it is quite expensive. But it does work great and you do not have to purchase additional refills for your cleaning, unlike swiffer based products.

This machine works pretty well and it does not leave any film or streaking after use. I highly recommend this product.

Great for ceramic tile-do not use on laminate!!

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

We have approximately 1300 sq. ft. of ceramic tile so using the old mop and bucket is pretty hard on my back at my age. I rarely use the vacuum or dry function but I use the wash function (which also suctions) all the time. I also like the fact that I can use my own lemon, pine, etc. detergent-it doesn't have to be Hoover brand cleaner.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

I purchased this Hoover to clean our tile floors. So far, I am duely impressed. Its so nice to have the two tanks--one cleaning solution and the other for the dirty water, so the dirty water does NOT get back on the floor. I have tried several other options to clean the tile, but this Hoover does the job!! I have only used it a couple of times, so there will be more to follow. I am anxious to try vinegar and water in the cleaning solution tank to see how that fares. The cleaning solution that came with it leaves our home smelling so clean and fresh! I would definately purchase this again, and highly recommend this to anyone that has tile and any other hard surface floor to clean!

Worked great for a while

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

I am a previous owner of a floormate. Overall it worked pretty good. But, as time passed it became a little less efficient and more difficult to maintain. One major downside was that it was necessary to clean the filter, the place where all the dirt goes and the scrubbers EVERYtime you use it. I guess in some ways it was better than a mop (no bucket, little scrubbers working hard on floor yuckies), but on some days I would've rather used a mop. When you are done with a mop, you ring it out and hang it up. I was getting my hands more dirty cleaning the floormate, when I was done with it, than when I was doing the actuall cleaning. Despite my best efforts, I could never get the scrubber heads as clean as they needed to be, so they eventually needed to be replaced or I had to sacrifice the quality of the cleaning. I use a combination of a Swiffer wet vac and steam mop now. As a result, I am just as satisfied with the quality of cleaning and more satisfied with the amount of "clean up time" after the cleaning.

Hard floor scrubber is just ok

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

This is a low priced, ok performing cleaner. It leaves too much water on the floor, and to have it really clean well, you have got to go over it again. I think it probably does a better job of cleaning than a wet mop, but it IS a budget cleaner, and in this case, you do get what you pay for.

I couldn't wait to use this- but it's just "ok"

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

It does clean a floor but to suction up the water left behind it does not do! I find I am going back over my trail~with a towel. I personally think I do a better job cleaning my own floor myself. I don't think it's worth the money spent .

Limited life span.

from Rockford, MI

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

Where was this 20 years ago!?

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner H3032:

We have pets, and 3 years ago we pulled up all of the carpeting and put in vinyl on our floors. My husband and I fought over which mops work best and my disgust with the smell because it seems you could never rinse it well enough. Then along came the Hoover Floormate! Yaah! Fantastic! Wide foot print makes short work. You are scrubbing and rinsing at the same time. The scrubbers (easy to remove to clean or exchange for the grout scrubber) get into every little crany.

How about when my husband messed up with dishwasher? The Floormate has three options, 1. Wash/rinse 2. Wet Pickup 3. Dry pickup.

I used the wet pickup to get all the water up in no time! I never use the dry pick up because of the pet hair which use our vacuum cleaner for.

The return (the dirty water holder) is right in front and comes out and goes back in easily, rinses easily. The holder for the cleaner mixed with water is above that and is easy to fill and has it's own measuring cup/top and is also easy to remove and replace. This is a fantastic machine, it is less money than most carpet cleaners or vacuums. It is definetly more sanitary than any mop could ever be. And best of all it is so easy and quick! I usually do our living and dining area together and refill the machine and do the kitchen and small service porch.