1.7

1.7

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

Forget the rest, Bio Spot's the BEST!

I had trouble with fleas and ticks for years. I tried Frontline and Advantage, but they would kill one or the other, not both for my dogs. They didn't take care of the house infestation either. Advantage made one of my dogs very sick, so I found Bio-Spot. This product is awesome! It kills both fleas and ticks on your pet, and it kills the live fleas in home AND the eggs. I have been using this for five years now, and wouldn't use anything else for my beloved dogs. They also have control for cats. Bio Spot can be found at Tractor Supply Stores as well as pet stores. The price is considerably less than Frontline and Advantage, and works better. I highly recommend this product.

DANGER!!!

Please please please do not use this product (BIO-SPOT).  I purchased this product to use on my cat and dog this past Friday.  After initial appliction to my 7 yr old Golden Retreiver Sasha she started to act very strange within 2 hours.  She would get up scurry across the room and fall to the ground.  She kept doing this for the next several hours.  At 4:30a Saturday morning I threw her in the shower and scrubbed her with soap and water to get this off of her skin.  I was hoping by the time I woke up she would be back to normal.  To my disappointment, Sasha was still the same.  She would get up and scurry across the room and fall to the ground.  I immediatley started to read these reviews and others and was horrified with what i read.  I called my vet to explain what I administered and her symptons and the vet wanted me there ASAP.  To my horror, Sasha has neurological damage.  The poison in this product went right into her blood stream.  I am in the process of contacting my local news group, a lawyer, my states congressman, etc to get this garbage pulled from the shelves.  I have emailed and mailed a certified letter to the President and CEO of Farnam Companies Inc to take action against this product.  Is there anyone out there that has made or tried to make contact with either Bio-Spot of Farnam Companies and what was the outcome?

VERY EFFECTIVE!

from Va

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Affordable
  • Don't Need Prescription
  • Effective
  • Fresh Scent
  • Gentle
  • Good Value
  • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Oilygreasy
  • Oily Greasy
  • Reapply If Dog Gets Wet

• Dogs Who Love Fields
  • Larger Pets
  • Smaller Pets
  • Young Pets

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

I have lived in the South all of my life and enjoy the beautiful scenery in Virginia. In my area there's woods, ponds, and tobacco fields. Virginia has a large deer population and ticks are everywhere. My dogs are very active and enjoy sneaking off into the woods.I found out quick that I need to protect my dogs from ticks when they come home covered in them. I've used prescription flea and tick products and found them 100 percent effective but the cost didn't fit my budget.I spoke to a person who runs a animal shelter and she asked if I had tried Bio Spot Spot On. I checked into it, and decided to give it a shot and I am amazed at how effective this medication is for the price. The application process is simple and quick. My dogs have no idea that I've applied this product, but I have to make sure I watch my children around our dogs after application. It leaves the areas I applied on their back oily, and the kids can get it on them. After applying I make sure they don't get wet or take a bath for a few days. Since I've used this product I rarely see a tick and never see a flea! Bio Spot is almost as effective as the expensive prescription brands without the cost. I apply every 3 to 4 weeks and if they get wet every 2 weeks. I'm so thankful this product was recommended because it has saved me money, and helped keep my dogs tick and flea free.

Total garbage

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

I used this crap on my 3 dogs in the middle of flea season and it didn't work at all. I followed the directions and did everything correctly. My dogs all had fleas when I used this stuff and it never amounted to anything. The fleas all stayed and it didn't even seem to diminish the amount of them. I was highly aggravated because I couldn't use another product until it was time for this stuff to run out the 30 days. I had to continue to deal with the fleas, and they Still got ticks embedded in their skin. The ticks were alive when I pulled them out of their skin so it wasn't hurting the ticks. One of my dogs got very sore and red on the skin where bio spot was applied. It was between her shoulders so it was definitely from this product. I will never waste my money on this crap again. I called them to complain and they really weren't interested in making it right. They suggested I continue to use it and buy more. They claim that using it for a couple months will give it time to get in their system. Not worth even trying that with one dog suffering side effects and absolutely no flea reduction with the first application.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality is terrible because it doesn't kill or repel fleas or ticks.

Side Effects
One dog out of 3 had skin issues from this product.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Did not work!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

We have three dogs that we keep inside all of the time so we really have never had to worry about a flea or a tick treatment, but we were going to be going out camping for a week and taking the dogs with us. With that happening I went out and bought three of these treatments for the dogs as it said that it would prevent new fleas and ticks from coming onto the animal and I wanted to make sure they didn't get any. We went out for our week and came home and low and behold as I was bathing the dogs I found so many ticks on them! All of the dogs have longer hair so I didn't notice them out camping but they were awful, all over, and digging into their skin and causing discomfort for them. Getting rid of them after this was very hard, I even went and bought this again and tried to use it to get rid of them and it did absolutely nothing, they were still covered in lots of living ticks. I had to end up buying a different treatment because after two treatments of this brand, I was not going to waste anymore money on it.

Terrible skin reaction!

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

The Bottom Line: Do take the time to read reviews about this product, I wish I had, before I used on my poor furbaby, who had a severe skin reaction that lasted for days. I highly recommend testing a small area on your dog before using the entire tube.

I purchased this Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs at Petsmart, because there were having a two-for-one sale and it looked like a decent product.

I applied it on my dog as soon as I got home, and that process alone was quite difficult to do because the applicator is entirely too short for dogs with long hair (I have a Great Pyrenees), so I did struggle to get the product down to the skin. Within about two hours of application, my dog started furiously trying to scratch her skin, and since she could not get to the area where she was feeling itchy, she kept running around the house trying to find a surface that would help her get relief. She ended up rolling around the carpet for hours trying to get relief. All along, I had no idea that her skin had badly reacted to the Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control. I inspected the area where I had applied the treatment, and it was really red and irritated, which let me know her skin had had a severe reaction to the treatment. I had to give her a bath in order to help get rid of the product on her back, but the rash remained for about 3 weeks, until the product finally all went away. Needless to say, I will not be buying this product again, no matter how great a deal it might be.

If you really want to try this treatment, I recommend testing a very small area on your dog's skin first before applying the product.

Don't waste your money

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

I'm sure anyone else who bought this was like me, trying to avoid spending the big bucks on flea and tick treatments. Unfortunately, it ended up costing me more in the long run because I had to go back and purchase one that works.
Bio Spot did not help my dogs at all. I applied it as directed. I even went back and read the directions again just to be sure I had done the application correctly. It just did not work at all. I waited almost a week to see if maybe it just took longer to work than other brands and then had to go buy a better brand.

Quality of Ingredients
I can not possibly believe that this has any kind of quality ingredients. I could have dabbed water down the back of my dog and had the same results.

Side Effects
My dogs did not seem to develop any problems near the application sites, however since this product did not work, I suppose the fact that all of my dogs continued to suffer from fleas could be considered a bad side effect.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Side Effects:

I AM LAZY!! Still wrote the Co. for REFUND!

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

I have never been so let down by a product in my life! I was desperate to get control of the flea outbreak in my home, I didn't have the funds to go with my preferred treatment from the vet, so went with what looked like a good mid-level product. I figured at the very least it would offer my dogs temporary relief, boy was I WRONG! Not only did it not kill one flea, the dogs backs were so covered in pesticide residue that I had to ban the kids from petting them for days! I went so far as to write the company, send in my receipt and sku number in order to get a refund. I felt as if it wasn't just a sub par product, but more so as if the manufacturer was openly lying to consumers about their very low quality product.

Quality of Ingredients
I don't even know their main ingredient, since I threw the package away! I assume it must not be quality since it was so plainly useless!

Side Effects
My Dogs had no ill side effects from this treatment, with the exception of having to wait for quality flea remedy since I was out the money for this product.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Waste of Money

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

Not only did it NOT work, my dog had a reaction to it.

Quality of Ingredients
It did not work at all. The fleas got worse instead of better.

Side Effects
My dog started itching almost immediately after I treated him with the Bio Spot. I called the company and they told me to bathe him to wash off whatever was still on him. I was trying to be frugal by buying the Bio Spot, but it was a huge waste of money.

• Quality of Ingredients:

NO more TICKS on ranch.

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

I've been using BioSpot for five or more years. I have a ranch for breeding and training stock dogs, which includes cattle, sheep, chickens, ducks, swamp land, and tall grass, BUT no ticks. Not one tick. We used to have ticks, but they disappeared over the years. While some ticks were eaten by the livestock, most of the ticks were killed by the biospot. My dogs were sent through all parts of the land looking for stray livestock. The dogs picked up ticks and the biospot killed the ticks.

Now we just have mosquitoes. How long will it be before I can buy biospot for mosquitoes?

BioSpot is Garbage!

from Drexel Hill, PA

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

One of our worst nightmares was using this inexpensive, ineffective product on our beloved pooch! We were outraged by the rising prices of quality flea control and decided to test to see if these less expensive products would do the job. BioSpot was the first and last we tried. Our dog had a terrible reaction at the site of application which made him itchy and lethargic. The product did not fully come out with repeated baths in Dawn dish soap - we had to wait a month before it finally worked itself out of his fur. Take my advice and stay away from this product!

Quality of Ingredients
Whatever it's made of is thick, sticky and just sort of gloops onto the dog's fur. It then stiffens until hard and creates a sore spot for the dog. This hard spot is not easily removed with repeated bathing in Dawn dish soap. Who knows if it is effective of fleas? The reaction was so bad we never had the opportunity to find out!

Side Effects
Itchiness, lethargy, and a downright miserable dog!

• Quality of Ingredients:

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!

Comments about Bio Spot Spot On Flea and Tick Control For Dogs:

My husband and I purchased this product for our cocker spaniel. I'm warning you....don't waste your money, as this product does not work at all!!! The only thing it did, was make a big greasy mess on the dogs fur. It did not get rid of any of the fleas. I wrote to the company who makes it and got my money back for the product.