Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel

Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel

Pros

Cons

Very beautiful light scent.

I love bath and body works products, especially their shower gels. One of my favorite scents from them is this "Sweet pea" scent. I had a small bottle of the shower gel, just to try it out. I was glad I only bought a small bottle. My skin did feel soft after using it but it left little red bumps on my legs. I also was not very happy with how LIGHT the scent really was. I had to use a lot more than usual to get a good lather on my loofah. This shower gel did smell really good (like sweet pea) in the shower, but once I got out and dried off I could no longer smell it :( I was totally disappointed with this shower gel and its performance.

I found this shower gel to be effective mainly on my arms, they felt soft after my shower. My legs however, were left with small itchy red bumps. My skin was soft after washing with this shower gel, but I could not smell the sweet pea scent once I dried my skin off.

I love the "Sweet pea" scented lines at bath and body works. It has a nice light flowery scent to it, but this shower gel was just a little too light for me. You have to use more than normal to be able to smell it somewhat strong. The scent does not linger on your skin once your done rinsing off, so you hardly know you used it.

Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel Gave me a Headache!

I know there are many women who adore **Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel**. While I usually enjoy Bath and Body Works products, I can't say I had a pleasant experience with their Sweet Pea shower gel.

While the shower gel has a nice, rich lather, the scent is completely overwhelming. In fact, it was so overwhelming that I had a headache almost immediately after using it. I wasn't sure if this was a fluke, so I tried it again with the same results. Apparently I am very sensitive to the fragrance. Let me tell you, getting a headache after something that is supposed to be relaxing is not the most enjoyable experience I've ever had!

The scent does linger long after you take a shower, which oridinarily would be a good thing. However, since I had such an adverse reaction to the fragrance in the first place I considered this a definite con.

What's more, my skin reacted fairly poorly to the shower gel. I have very sensitive skin and it's always a gamble with new body products to see which work and which will cause my skin to have a reaction. My skin was very itchy and irritated after using the gel, so I definitely wasn't pleased with that.

If you like the scent of Sweet Pea and don't have sensitive skin, this shower gel will probably be your new favorite bath product. Otherwise, steer clear of **Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel.**

Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

I love this product! I love most of the Bath and Body Works products. I bought this particular one as a Christmas Present for someone and I LOVED the smell! I couldn't help it, I ended up having to go back and get some for me as well. Pair this with the Sweet Pea Lotion and its wonderful.

Shower Gel Smells Great!

from Statesboro, GA

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

I really love this shower gel. I've been a big fan of the perfume and the lotion and the scent is amazing. I will say that the smell does not last as long as the lotion or perfume, but I actually prefer it that way, so I can use it with the lotion. Though I would not recommend for someone with sensitive skin because the fragrance can still be quite strong.

Excellent body wash!

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

This Sweet Pea Shower Gel from Bath and Body Works makes an excellent body wash. I use this every day in the shower and it works great. It really gets your skin clean and leaves you feeling really fresh. It also smells incredible. It smells just like the Sweet Pea lotion from Bath and Body Works. It will leave your skin smelling amazing throughout the entire day. I also use this as a shaving gel in the shower. It allows me to shave my legs without cutting them. It also does not burn at all. I have had no negative side effects while using this. The quality is definitely worth the price you pay. I would highly recommend this product.

I find it to be incredibly effective at getting my skin clean and leaving it feeling really fresh. I also find it effective at being a great tool to use for shaving.

The scent is amazing. It smells sweet but it is not overpowering. It will definitely leave you smelling great throughout the day.

Average shower gel, scent does not last

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

Let me start off my saying that I absolutely adore the majority of scents located at Bath & Body Works and think their prices are a great deal. I would recommend almost all of their products, for the exception of the shower gel.

The shower gel smells incredible when you take a whiff of it, but take in a deep scent because it does not last when you actually use it in the shower.

Applying it in the shower feels great; The smell fills the bathroom and you just feel incredible. However, once you towel dry and about 30 minutes pass by, the scent is gone from your skin and barely noticeable. I wish they improved the formula for the scent to last longer, or perhaps make it stronger. I am not the only one who complains about this, as my sister does too.

So in the end, I recommend for you ladies to invest in another shower gel, perhaps Dove (their scent lasts a long time and smells great; they have a wide variety) or the store Lush.

Sweet Pea has a sweet smell

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

I have enjoyed using Bath & Body Works shower gels for many years. I like the smell of the Sweet Pea fragrance as well. It has a nice sweet smell to it. I like how Bath and Body Works shower gels clean my skin well and yet they don't dry out your skin like some soaps do. When I use Bath and Body works shower gels and the fragrance fills the shower and the bathroom with a lovely smell. I like when this shower gel makes my skin smell so nice for a while too. Bath and Body works is one of my favorite shower gels. I would recommend Bath and Body works to my friends and family. I can sometimes find good prices on Bath and Body works shower gel and that is when I stock up. It is nice to have a good stock of shower gel on hand to be ready. Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel makes a good gift for those who like these beautiful floral scents. I have enjoyed this sweet pea fragrance and other floral fragrances as well.

Great scent and soap

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

I love this shower gel because the scent is amazing and it cleans my body well. This soap starts my day off in a happy place because it smells so good and I look forward to using it. I feel pampered using it because of the nice smell but also because it feels silky and thick. It works great with shaving because it's a thicker consistency than bar soap so it glides easier and helps me avoid shaving cuts.

Very good shower gel that effectively cleans dirt, oils and lotion off of my body on a daily basis. I do not use it on my face but like how it cleans my body easily without being messy or too thin to the point that I need to use a couple of handfuls to do a good cleaning job.

I gave this soap a 9 because I absolutely love the scent. It is floral and sweet and feminine. I did not give it a 10 because the scent does not last long enough after my shower. It is such a nice smell that I wish it stayed on as a perfume.

Very beautiful light scent.

from Ohio

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

Favorite fragrance from this line Bath soaps

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

I have been a fan of Sweet Pea for a long time, since I received as a gift some years ago. Even though I have alternated over the years, I have always gone back to this product in some fashion. I love the smell of it. I like that it lathers very well, and makes for a great bubble bath. I have experienced a mild level of dryness in the skin when using this product, however I have continued to use, because it is not severe enough to stop using this product. I think for the best results you should combine with the lotions and body butters. Great product, well worth it to try it!!

Even though I love the line of Sweet Pea products it does leave my skin dry, however I somewhat overlook it because of the line of Sweet Pea lotion that is available, that compliments the bath wash.

I love, love the scent, very sweet smelling, yet distinctive in nature. This product is great for long baths and quick showers.

one of my favorites at bath and body works

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

I love this shower gel , I always make sure to get at least one when I make a trip to the mall. It smells amazing, it has a fruity flowery scent that I really like.Its a pretty strong scent so if you don't like strong scents then this might not be the scent for you. Its the perfect shower gel to use during the spring. Its really girly all the way to its pretty pink color and packaging. It also lathers really nice in the shower, when I use in my morning shower before heading off to class it really wakes me up and leaves the bathroom smelling really good. My only complaint is that it doesn't really add any significant benefits to your skin, but it does a really good job of cleaning and leaves you smelling really good. I always stock up on shower gels when they're on sale during December and every year I get bottle of sweet pea to use during the spring months. I would say if your in bath and body works definitely try this you won't be disappointed.

One Thumb Up

Comments about Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel:

So I have to join the chorus here, unfortunately, but his is certainly not one of my favorites in the Bath and Body Works line. I'm not going to say it's bad; it's just a bit lack lustre and not as interesting as many of the other gels are. It's just hard to be crazy about it when you've got a lot of other great choices.

Interestingly, I want to give this lower marks for effectiveness but in all fairness it's actually just as effective in terms of cleansing or moisturizing as any of the others. For some reason, I guess because the scent is such a bummer, it makes me want to say it's not as useful...

In terms of scent, this is where the one thumb vs. two thumbs up really comes into play. For me, the scent just comes through as too sweet with not much substance. It's like choosing a Bubblegum flavor, biting down, and asking "well what is this really?"