Other e-Readers:

Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch

Pros

Cons

Easy to Use

This has to be one of my favorite products that arrived this holiday season. This ereader was simple to use from start to finish. The directions for use are clear and I was able to find exactly the product I wanted with all of the bells and whistles and without features I may not have been interested in. I did not want to pay for extras I would not use. From set up to power down it is self explanatory and allows the user to move freely along the apps and extra features it has available. The screen is bright and clear and the battery life seems to be comparable to that of other ereaders. I do appreciate the cost and how it is competitive with the other ereaders on the market as well. Those of all ages can enjoy this product and use it with ease, even children or those who have not used such a product before. I really like all of the apps that are available and how they are simple and easy to download onto the product and at a reasonable cost. This saves me a lot of money in the long run compared to other products like this. It is easy to hold and manipulate as well, the piece is solid, and the size of it is perfect for travel especially in a purse or brief case. I would recommend this product to someone who is in the market for an ereader tablet, and because it is from a high quality, trusted maker I feel it is well worth the cost and carries great value. The only set backs are that there are not more free apps to take advantage of. I wish there were more free apps or coupon codes or specials for free apps so people on a tighter budget could enjoy this product at a discount. Otherwise, I would say it is an obtainable and easily usable product for anyone interested. The battery is great and I found that is lasts long especially when I travel or take it out to appointments with me for the day. This is important for me since I do not always have a place to charge it. I really like the sleek look as this product only looks expensive but is quite reasonable. It seems durable and able to put up with the wear and tear of regular use and use by children. Mine use mine and a simple cloth is all that is needed to clean it off afterwards to get rid of smudges. It does come with some warranty protection which is great as well and should be taken advantage of as needed. Overall I would rate this product as exceptional and quite capable of fulfilling our needs as a family and as a household for an ereader. I can't see myself wanting anything else in this product except more free apps as mentioned earlier. This would make it ideal, however it is quite acceptable the way it is.

A nice cheap ereader, but you get what you pay for!

Without color, magazines and childrens books are not a good item to read. Textbooks, which require images would also be difficult to use. The lack of lighting feature is awful. I realize that there are versions out that have lighting, but why sell this less than perfect device if you could put your name on something better? I also hate how the pages change, blurring from one to the next. Other devices I own flip pages smoothly no matter how fast I flip through.

Battery Life
I have been able to go for 3 weeks, reading when I can, keeping my Nook turned on, but locked, and the battery has not needed charging. It is the most reliable battery I have ever seen!

Book Choices/Variety
There are tons and tons of books both paid and FREE! However, anything with pictures, color, or interaction is useless, such as children's books and magazines.

Readability
Without an internal light, reading is restricted to daytime or by alternative lighting. Also, when flipping pages the words blur and then take a second to clear. I thought mine was defective, but my second device is the exact same way.

As an ereader only, there isn't much to do on it but read, so nothing to get confused about.

It doesn't feel "cheap." I like the smooth, but sturdy design.

Unfortunately, I have dropped mine....more than once. Fortunately, you would never know it. The strong, sturdy design protects the books and stories that I love, while the feeling of it is smooth! I think this design is an A+ concept!

A delightful way to read to your heart's content.

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

I recently upgraded from the original Nook to the Nook Simple Touch at my last birthday, and fell even more in love with it's size, memory, and ease of use. It makes reading even more enjoyable while not overwhelming you with a lot of extra features. If you want an e-reader and only an e-reader, this is the device for you.

Battery Life
The battery can easily last weeks for me. I read it at least once a day on my lunch, and even with daily use, I feel that I rarely have to charge it.

Book Choices/Variety
There is such a variety of books. Considering that Nooks have always read PDFs and downloads from Books-A-Million and Barnes & Noble, as well as file types used by Project Gutenberg, it allows for immense variety.

Readability
The ability to change your font type and size is great. The only downside is that PDFs rarely allow for changing the font or size.

This is very easy to use, even one-handed. I usually like to read while I eat, and find that the weight and buttons make this very easy.

As the name suggests, the design is simple. And this can be very appealing if you are looking for a simple e-reader.

I did purchase a simple case for my Nook, but I did not get anything like an Otterbox. It has held up fantastically to being carried in a purse with other objects, being dropped, and rough handling. It doesn't even look worn.

• Readability:

So much better than a paper book!

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

This nook is the most simple to use! I even bought one for my mom and taught her how to use it! We love them. With this I can take fifty books on vacation with me and they all fit in my bag! For a lover of books who wants something simple to use, this nook is the way to go! Love it, couldn't live without it. Any style of book you want, they have.

• Readability:

I am not able to hold a book any longer and the nook is easy to

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

Lite weight so able to hold on to. I have many physical problems and this makes my life more enjoyable

Battery Life
The.battery last much longer then I expected it would.

Book Choices/Variety
I have found every book I've wanted.

Readability
My only regret is that you can't read it at night.

I fall asleep when I read a lot. I have dropped my nook many times because of falling asleep and it hasn't caused any damage. My husband is really surprised at its durabilty

• Readability:

I have this and I love it!

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

I really like this product. The battery life is great on it. Once charged to 100% it stayed charged for 4 days while using it a lot. It looks like your reading a real book and makes it feel more old fashioned than new technology. I absolutely love the simple aspect of this.

Perfect for your purse!

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

Simple is an understatement! It doesn't get easier than this. If you want your ereader to read, this is the one. So simple to use and perfectly portable. You can go back and forth in your book by simply swiping the screen, or you can use the buttons on the sides. It comes with a built in dictionary, which comes in handy. You can also go back to any particular page you would like with the bookmark feature. It saves your place when you stop reading, so you can pick back up where you left off. Fits wonderfully even in a smaller purse. Very lightweight and high quality. This ereader takes a licking! I've dropped it (in the case) multiple times and it's still chugging along!

Long lasting!!!

Book Choices/Variety
There are tons! I've never NOT found a book I needed.

Readability
Beautiful. Screen is just like a piece of paper.

Couldn't be easier. I taught my 60+ year old father in law to use it.

Simple and lightweight.

Takes a licking! I'm dropped it (in the case) multiple times and it's still chugging along!!!

Love my Nook

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

My husband bought me this nook for Christmas last year. I think it was the best present ever, it got me back into reading. I have always loved reading but do not enjoy going to the bookstores, and I find the library to hard to find the genre of books/authors that I like not to mention returning it on time for me is impossible. The nook solved all of this for me. I can buy books from my computer or even straight from the nook, on some books you can even lend them to a friend. I am also able to borrow books from the library through my computer and read the books on my nook with out ever worrying about returning them. I can return them anytime I want and after two weeks they are automatacally returned with out me doing a thing. The only thing I dislike about this nook is that it does not have a light of any kind on it so if its dark you better have lamp nearby. I know on some ereaders people find it difficult to read them if they sun shines on them a certain way making the text difficult to read, I have not encountered this problem with my nook I read it everywhere and never have a problem. The absolute perfect item to have in your purse to give you something to do when you end up waiting somewhere.

Positive new experience

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

I like the feel of the Nook in my hands and it's really easy to operate. There are plenty of free books and even the books I have to pay for are cheaper than a physical copy. I can keep a lot of books on just one simple tablet.
The text is big enough and the screen doesn't give off any glare in the sun. It's very small and lightweight, so I can bring it with me when I ride the bus in the mornings and keep it in my bag during the day without any problems. I do like having an actual book rather than an e-reader, but the Nook is pretty good. I also like that I can add pictures that it displays as a sort of screen saver to really give it a personal touch.
The only problem I've had with it is when I bring it to the pool. It gets pretty hot in the sun and the Nook can overheat if I'm there for a while, as I often am. I have to take it to the changing rooms where there is air conditioning to cool it down every hour or so. Other than that, it's really great.

Battery Life
I rarely ever have to charge it.

Overheats outdoors in the summer

Great reader

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

This is such a great little device. Lightweight, durable and comfortable to read on. The screen is nice, fairly responsive and the refresh rate not too bad. I like the button controls as well as the touch screen. With wifi and an sd card expansion slot, it's a winner all around. The price can't be beat.

Book Choices/Variety
I give it 5 stars because you can sideload whatever content you want, but Nook's own ebooks cost so much money!

I love it!

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

I was looking for a solution for all the clutter my books were causing and this is perfect! I love that it has wifi and that I can buy directly online. I can even borrow books from my local library too! I like that I can turn the page by swiping the screen, so fun! I wasn't looking for anything fancy, just something to read on so this fit the bill nicely.

Battery Life
Better than I thought it would be. I use it regularly and charge it every couple days or so.

Book Choices/Variety
Great selection! I like that there are also free choices. What's better than free?!?!

Readability
Just like reading a regular book. Actually it's even better! You can adjust the text size to make it easier to see. Also, there is no glare in the sun.

Pretty simple and not overly complicated. It did take some getting used to but that's just like anything else that's new to you. The manual does a decent job of explaining things.

Nice looking and comfortable to hold.

I have an 11 month old at home. It isn't broken. Enough said!

Excellent device.

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch:

For someone with migraines, this device is easy on the eyes and great to access all my books in one place!

Book Choices/Variety
Almost all you want! Always easy to read.

Readability
The best part about it! It doesn't hurt my eyes. Which is a blessing.

Easy to carry around, I can have it on my and it not take up any room at all!

Easy to carry around.